/xsfg/ - XSEED and Friends General, formerly /rfhmg/

Inter-species Edition

A general for talking about games published and developed by XSEED Games/Marvelous USA and their partners, including Rune Factory, Story of Seasons & pre-SOS Harvest Moon, PoPoLoCrois, Ys, The Legend of Heroes and Earth Defense Force 2017/2/4.1 (Senran Kagura fans should visit /skg/ due to the sheer volume of Senran Kagura activity).

Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Villages, scheduled to be released in Japan June 23 for 3DS systems.
Official Website: bokumono.com/series/tomodachi/index.html
An introduction trailer has just been released: [YouTube] 3DS『牧場物語 3つの里の大切な友だち』紹介映像第1弾
gematsu.com/?s=story of seasons

Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale is out in the EA/Australia and NA alike for Nintendo 3DS.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is being localized for PC in 2017, while Trails of Cold Steel II NA releases for Vita and PS3 are due this fall. Steam and the PS Store currently have sales for TitS and SC.
gematsu.com/2016/03/legend-heroes-trails-sky-3rd-coming-west-pc-2017

Ys VIII Vita is set for a June 21 release in Japan, PS4 version in 2017.
gematsu.com/?s=Ys VIII

Someone ported XSEED's translation of Ys: Memories of Celceta to the Chinese PC version:
mega.nz/#F!HssCDDYZ!QLkmrL0kMhndI3i7fYzIQA

Wikias:
therunefactory.wikia.com/wiki/Rune_Factory_Wiki
harvestmoon.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
fogu.com/

RF/Story of Seasons Stuff
fogu.com/sos1/
pastebin.com/qzgac5X7
docs.google.com/document/d/1uzfx84FBSY50B_mLKDweztBBvbcsA8lzXXSRvOrUVlg/edit
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJAHbfCCha37NPdyzgOQzNQTX-Q2OHRXPWao-gN1AG8/
mega.nz/#F!adEBFboA!wTzdKkk5KKCppb1N2b_qRw

Falcom music archive:
pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Previous Thread: >>

Other urls found in this thread:

vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/monstergirlencyclopedia/images/1/12/1428269598387.png/revision/latest?cb=20150405222733
monstergirlencyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kakuen
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_preta
youtu.be/zVPUFMwm73Y
youtube.com/watch?v=h0ytFDJjKmg
pastebin.com/SCM5vKzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Previous Thread:

It sucks that Selphy officially only appears in one game.

No, it's just a joke from later in the game. You'll get it eventually.
Take your time with the game. If you want to spend a whole day playing with the farm, you can do that. Really feeling like the wooly population needs some fixing? Go for it. The world is your oyster. Or just do requests. Those are also good.

Adding to the tips by the other user: if you don't want the 2nd arc to start, don't pick the 2nd option when talking to Venti after the first credits roll (something about "how are you doing). Something bad happens to Venti, and it takes a lot of luck to finally fix.

>apples
>grapes
>oranges
>no bananas in RF4

Also, speaking of, why are there no monkeygirls in RF?

vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/monstergirlencyclopedia/images/1/12/1428269598387.png/revision/latest?cb=20150405222733
(maybe NSFW)

>vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/monstergirlencyclopedia/images/1/12/1428269598387.png/revision/latest?cb=20150405222733

I don't know why it came out ant sized.

monstergirlencyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Kakuen

Maybe, he says.
No bananas because growing them is hard.

Oranges can be harvested only once a year (at least around here), yet grapes, apples, and oranges all grow on identical looking trees in RF4. Bananas wouldn't be such a stretch.

Ah well. At least a fruit smoothie is still good with the other fruits in it.

>yet grapes, apples, and oranges all grow on identical looking trees in RF4

I forgot to add that they grow daily.

Building terra preta when?

Slash and burn jungles for farmland when?

Capturing and killing savages for fertilizer or offering to the Rain God when?

>slash and burn jungles

Isn't that a pretty much modern thing, and RF is pretty much not modern?

Slash-and-burn has been done since the dawn of agriculture.

I see. I suck when it comes to history.

Although I'm guessing not on the scale that it is today.

I don't think RF/HM would ever advocate slash and burn agriculture though. Too cheerful for that.

What are you going to do for your waifu on Mother's Day?

Make her a mother.

People complain about the lack of MILFs in RF/SoS/HM, but all you need to do is marry someone and have kid(s) with her.

What about Lin Fa?

Generally, when people refer to milfs, it doesn't refer simply to whether the character is a mother or not. The term implies some maturity and motherliness, as well as a certain body type depending on who you're asking.

You're right. There are too many MILFs in these games.

We need less MILFs.

Let's just remove children

Aren't waifus like Lily (Tides) or Iris pretty close though (before any kids)?

Lily gives me more of a Big Sis vibe, but yeah. Those two are the ones who are generally said to be the closest to the ideal as far as marriageable candidates go.

I think Forte is MILF-like too. Must be that knightly "I'll protect you" stuff (and her mature appearance).

She strikes me as too spaghetti to properly give off the motherly vibe, personally.

I know. Comfy rural farm life is what HM is all about. Also, it's now pandering to women more (bishie husbandos, cutesy animals, dress-up minigame, etc.)

We need a farming game that is opposite of that; a farming game that attempts to replicate real life with consequences. A farming game with the primary goal of providing for and nurturing a civilization's growth. A farming game that is greater in scope than what HM provides.

Basically Factorio with plants.

Good night /xsfg/!

[red]bad[/red] night to you too user!

Night user

Good morning!

Slash-and-burn was a common practice since hunter-gatherer times. It's a lot easier to hunt in a forest when the undergrowth is very low and relatively sparse, compared to 3+ feet of old growth bushes and such. While game animals like to hide in the undergrowth, they like eating the new growth even better. Once agriculture started, it's a lot easier to just burn all the undergrowth (and also weaken the trees) and mess than it is to clear it all out manually, and you get a bonus of the ash for your first crop's fertilizer.

It's not the most efficient method these days, and there's all the environmental issues of doing it large scale, so it's not done much except in thrid-world garbage heaps (like Brazil) where there is a lot of incentive for poor people to farm RIGHT NOW and not a lot of effective regulation or policing. And with the rain forests, the soil is pretty crap, so the garbage farmers that don't know nothin' and have no money for proper fertilizer just keep on slashing and burning once their soil goes.

>not monrig

>mfw ancient knowledge of terra preta is lost
>mfw recent attempts of replicating the formula yield poorer results than the original(with regards to soil regeneration and nutrient content)

These ancient jungle peoples really know their shit.

Oh, and an article to know what I'm talking about:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_preta

But what if hydroponics and 3D-printing of food replaces it?

Although like I said in the last thread, it may be kind of boring to simulate in RF/SoS.

Well, there's farming simulator.

So I'm playing more of Forbidden Magna at the moment.

I'm a little uncomfortable how you can romance Gabbie.

Interesting. Although I'm sure there were other methods that were just as good before industrialization?

Hey, the corner of her mouth rises slightly when she's happy you know.

>Slightly

Remember that one explanation that Earthmates are descended from people who can work technology and monsters are AIs or something? Would Pico be a hologram?

What was that story again? I remember magic was nanobots.

Not really. Burning the forest before you farm means you have to clear out a lot less stuff (natural forests also have lots of fallen logs and stuff, in addition to the bushes, shrubs, ferns, and all that), and you get a free fertilization. If you don't burn it in the forest, you have to drag it around, probably into a big pile you're going to burn anyways. Burning the forest first is easier.
youtu.be/zVPUFMwm73Y

Anette!

Gotta go fast.

>2.png
If there was a sanic hack where you play as Anette collecting envelopes instead of rings, that could actually be really enjoyable.

3D printing of food still needs raw materials. Guess where raw materials come from?

Also, hydroponics is not an exact science. High equipment costs, higher need of care, limited production and constant need for electricity for automation makes it less attractive than conventional farming, for now.

I'm a couple of hours into Corpse Party Blood Drive after having only recently marathoned through Corpse Party and Book of Shadows. I have to say while I really enjoyed the first game, and the BGM to Chapter 1 is still stuck in my head, I'm a little let down by Blood Drive so far.

Framerate issues aside, somehow the audio especially the voices manage to be lower quality than the PSP games and it affects enjoyment since half the experience of the first game especially was putting on headphones for the binaural 3D sounds.

There's also the fact that the first game felt like a pretty satisfying and complete product on its own, the Blood Drive chapter of Book of Shadows and Blood Drive itself seem to be introducing new plot elements that feel tacked on and don't really fit all that well with what the first Corpse Party was going for, things such as the creation an nature of the school. The new characters aren't really appealing either and feel out of place, and returning characters are suddenly behaving like morons. This doesn't really feel like a game that needed to be made.

>and the BGM to Chapter 1 is still stuck in my head
youtube.com/watch?v=h0ytFDJjKmg

>page 10
Sundae.

>actually expecting to discuss non-farming XSEED games

I've actually had some interest for it sitting in the back of my head since that announcement on Steam and 3DS releases appeared a few generals ago so it's nice to hear from someone who's had some hands-on with it.

Whatever you do, don't get the PC version. PSP or 3DS are fine but PC is arguably inferior to both.

I'd say to definitely go for it, while it had its ups and downs on balance I really enjoyed the game. Don't forget to use a good pair of earphones.

now i kinda want to play that game

Hug woolies.

Cute woolies need to be hugged.

When you miss a heart event do you miss it forever?

I sure hope Frest are fucking each other in that universe

Pick your weapon, earthmate:

Short, Dual, Long Sword, Spear, Axe, Hammer, Fist or wizardry?

range-extended fists and those light balls

Nothing's topping shotgunning with wizardry.

I hope each of you remembered to tell your mother and your children's mother/s you love them for Mother's Day.

I don't have an RF4 kid yet and I wasn't about to grind for marriage and pregnancy today because that would be absurd

I did talk to my mom though

Damn it, damn it all.

I started dating Forte, smooth spaghetti sailing, but now Meg and Dolce are also looking like attractive choices. I was too hasty, feels like I screwed up.

just date them all

What? You can do that? Isn't that a screwed up thing to do?

>No pregnant Dolce

There is no god

It's a video game.

no, why would it be

There's no consequence? It just seemed obvious you couldn't.

well you can't marry them all, but dating is fine

There are jealousy events but I forgot how to trigger them

If technology is advanced enough, couldn't food be printed from raw hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, etc?

As for hydroponics, it's still in its' infancy.

I guess I'm thinking too far in the future and/or scifi.

modern technology is more limited than you think.

Holy shit that's a lot of emeries.

Reminds me of how I'm still growing 9 in RFF. I wanted to woo Mist so I planted them. Then I married Selphy. They're still growing. Farming really is easier in RF4.

technology's super advanced it lets me play waifushit

>If technology is advanced enough, couldn't food be printed from raw hydrogen, carbon, nitrogen, etc?
Sure.

Oh well. At least RF/HM lets us play with the equally far-fetched magic of Runies and formulas that bug girls crave.

>exposed dolce knees
unf

There's some, but it's either grody or from a con-only doujin from years ago nobody's digitized. Best I can offer is bizarretext inspired by a certain pic I saw on Pixiv: pastebin.com/SCM5vKzE

Pico shares your sentiments user.

Where did you find that and do you know if there are any other stories like it?

gross

Meg looks a little pregnant there.

She also looks a bit long in the torso area.

I think she's just supposed to be a little fat, hence the bounce sfx

fuck