>Extra System (Fighter compatible)
dropbox.com/s/nej6v525he4rrcj/Extra System.rar?dl=0

>Steiner Foundation - Easier Campaign
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=10398.0

Other urls found in this thread:

fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11036.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Starsector, long time no see.

Everyone's waiting for Industry never, Economy, decent broadside AI behaviour and updates to ALL the mods. So it's kind of a desert in discussion atm.

Well, after some deeper testing, the broadside AI seems to work decently... With some specific loadout types. So yeah it could use some adjustments. Although the AI behave way better with the vanilla conquest so it's also a ship design issue.

And the last blog post despite not being fancy is quite encouraging about the Industry implementation and economy revamp.

So, what Alex is saying is that he's setting up the economy to take into account modded stations, but is he implying that you'll be able to set up new markets, and the economy being dynamic will be able to cope with it? Or is it an ab initio thing, where you set up first and then roll with it?

quoting Alex:
"In conclusion: a more robust economy backend was needed before the economy could be something that the player can get directly involved in. The work outlined above was done while keeping in mind what that involvement will look like – but perhaps I’ve said too much already."
So yeah it strongly hint at player-built markets and facilities.

can it live

>I'll post on this board some paint-jobs, boards loves paint-jobs...

the orange ones are great

Oh fuck yes.

Does that mean that there'll be like macroscale differences over time? Like, one market will decrease in size due to economic factors? Will there be booms and busts, ore rushes and drug epidemics? I know you can have food shortages, but I wouldn't mind having rare ore production suddenly increase in an outlying market, causing it to increase in size in response and other markets to weaken. Then, onces the rush ends, the market will drop in size and production will flow back from other sources. I know something similar happens with Imperium, but maybe something that's based more on raw materials instead of equipment. Or maybe drugs suddenly becomes widespread in production in certain markets, rapidly decreasing stability and market strength giving cheap drugs until it's solved with marines. If not, it can jump (slowly) to other markets, becoming a persistent problem, especially if it pops up on a decivilized planet (Like Maxios).

I'd love to see how the updated market will react to Imperium Seiges and Templar Crusades.

They are all here if you want to make your own skins
fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11036.0

He specifically mentioned those mod events in the comment thread, and yes they'll have a much larger impact with ripple effects on nearby systems.

Holy fuck I had no idea there was a comment thread.

Good lord.

There always is

Does this mean that factions will start making more markets, while markets will also be lost? I think it'd be in canon if you could set up small colonies and small space stations and it'll take ages to set up and build, but anyone could take down and destroy large markets, again catching that Attila Total War feel that civilization is crumbling and soon nothing will remain but dust, echoes and brigands pretending to be kings.

Not sure, it doesn't change the amount of markets, just how they interact on a fundamental level from what I can see. The end goal seems to be to let large scale gradual changes take place without creating tons of buggy and destructive results.

>14th Hammerhead when?

i want le 14th paragon for my epic fleet xD

Nah, the main problem is that it makes more sense fluff wise for there to be a 14th Hammerhead than a 14th Sunder.

Hummm, its actually tricky to find a good XIV pattern on that ship, because a whole lot of the hull isn't covered by armor.
I'll try something else.

Nope, that's no better.

That's a pretty good one, but the white on the armour has to be a bit grey-cream I think.

It's not final at all: I keep the different layers too strong for now to have a clear view while searching for a good pattern. Everything will be adjusted, toned down and weathered once I know where I'm going.

Okay, I think I'm now going somewhere.

I like it!

noice

Thanks, but now that I'm thinking about it, maybe it would be interesting to add armor to the engines and spine sections, like on the XIVth Sunder...

>3 posters

Kill me desu

Here you go sempai

thank

A bit more armor isn't so bad I suppose.