/owg/ - Overwatch General

waifus edition

Open beta has been extended 24 hours.

If you think you have a really good map or hero balance change, here's what you do: write it down in notepad and email it to the only person that cares enough to read it: yourself.

>Open Beta
May 5-10, If Pre-Ordered May 3-10

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0voDNC4lp8OWbIZJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Buff D.Va.

First for best girl

Maybe DVA is meant to corral people instead of pick them off?

Remember you can't say anything bad about this game because Blizzard is flawless and this early F2P demo of a not-even-officially-released-game is perfectly balanced in every single way.
Any legitimate complain you may have is a lie because I say so and I'M THE ONE WITH THE GUN

If Overwatch are the bad guys, why are we fighting each other? What's the angle?

Overwatch: Civil War?

what do orange icon warnings at top left mean?

>end a game with a 30-kill streak on torb

woah man, dont come at us with your logic and smarts. i want to be a one man team and have the best k/d so i can make a montage.

>Reinhardt that was 80% on fire throughout the game gets 11 votes
>Card turns gold
I bet he felt super special after that.

Winston does it better. There's no niche where she shines.

What does this voting actually do?

I love to see my team mates do well!

A team working together is greater than the sum of its parts!

>im bad and wont get better.
I dont think it does anything as of right now. Just makes people feel good for doing well.

He's the best character in the game 10 seconds at a time

This turns me on a bit. What's your bnet?

Please be my healer I will be nice to you and let you suck my cock too

How would you feel about these balance changes.

Overwatch are the good guys.

The enemies of Overwatch are Blackwatch and some terrorists whose name I forget.

Overwatch just want to help make the world accepting of omnics, Blackwatch and the terrorists want their shit fucked up, and some are just randos who happen to hate optics.

But that lore has nothing to do with the characters fighting, really.

>stand on the second last point on Dorado
>peek a Bastion that is set up on a ledge near their spawn
>he kills me before I can shoot 3 rockets
Who was the chucklefuck who saw Heavy Weapons Guy and thought "this would be perfect with no bullet spread"?

>Making it EASIER for retards to LOS Mercy

Being a kamikaze tank.

If you can keep up momentum on her she's a cunt but it's literally all relying on ejecting from your mech and staying alive while flanking the enemy.

The problem with having so many characters is their specialization becomes diluted and many just become worse versions of others.

The only way to fix this is invent new game modes or situations for others to excel at but that would require creativity and not an amalgamation of rip-offs.

Give bastion spread and your good, doesn't even have to be huge spread could even be tiny as hell, no reason he should be a better sniper then widowmaker at times

How on earth can you handle that?
Lucio is fun and all, but I've gotta play other things sometimes.

mein bruder

There are 3 things preventing me from deciding on whether I want to buy the game or not.

Symmetra
Mei
and Bastion

Symmetra is too fucking weak but her kit is so fun
Mei is retardedly strong and is in dire need of a nerf. Any character that is auto-pick for any mode. regardless of team make-up needs to be looked at.
Bastion is a pub stomper faggot and his sentry mode makes no sense. Headshots completely disabled, he can turn around fast enough to kill a flanker if he knows they're there, etc.

>cap A on Hanamura
>7 mins for B
>Cap 30% of it right away
>Team decides to sport 2 Widow and some other shit incapable of capping
>Still push the fucking point
>Nobody follows no matter how I ask them
>Lose
I am fucking mad now.

Becaue he's a proper fucking support that's why, not one of you flip-flopping lightweights. I'd kill for a buddy with that dedication.

Overwatch isn't bad per se, there was just internal conflicts and accusations of shit going wrong aimed at them and they just broke apart. Reaper went full edgy emo kid after not getting the leader position over Soldier 76 and went rogue.

I just came off two really good games with torbjorn

I didn't think I'd like him but holy hell

Dropping armor for people and getting thank you's all around, then you MOLTEN CORE and just waste the entire enemy team.

God damn he's gonna be my main defensive guy now.

>a significant amount of desire to buy game is because the girls are cute
I feel like a dumb animal.

me unga team bunga

Incredibly fun game when it's balanced. But it's not. No thanks, Blizzard, I'm not going to shell out for a game that rapes me with 6 stacks when I solo.

You should

I use her more to harass/set up fights, and occasionally pick people off when I get the chance. Fly in, bump people and do damage where I can, shields, then turn around (probably most important thing to do) and fuck off, repeat until ult.

Her cannons are pretty decent when you get within handjob range, so you can either melt squishies or make a tank pay attention to you instead of your teammates before fucking off.

ive been playing mercy a lot recently and its the best feeling when you res the rest of your team with a single ult you built off of healing a nearly dead road hog

embrace the beast inside

if any of you faggots want to join
discord.gg/0voDNC4lp8OWbIZJ

Well, not really. Blackwatch was a part of Overwatch, and was shut down alongside Overwatch. Reaper and McCree were both in Blackwatch. Reaper joined Talon - the terrorists you mentioned - while McCree went bounty hunting.

Bastion folds to snipers, mei, and genji.
competent mei players are rare, granted people will pick her up and be good, shes not as busted as everyone says. people just get salty over the fact that either a better played rolled them, or people dont understand how to counter characters.

K I N G S R O W

Guys, is there a problem with Reinhardt charge and doors?
Half the time I want to charge someone through a door, Rein will just stop. It's not that I bumped into the side, because he doesn't even do the crush animation like when hitting a wall, he just stops like that

How do I counter getting my ass frozen with any character that doesn't have an escape?

>tfw blink, ult, rewinding bastion healer stacks

What

Actually now this is making more sense to me. She's solely there, not to pick people off, but to make people move around the map in different places. It's entirely a bluff to different people on the map, but not an actual threat that mostly doesn't need to be answered, but is fucking annoying if you don't. fuck with objectives and the back line, but not kill them off, just to make the front line over react

Winston clears space
DVA just makes people chase around themselves
One is pushing back, one is collapsing the line

That's why people thinks she sucks. I think she's perfect for matchmaking, where she can psych out uncoordinated teams, but she'll never rack up points outside of her ult. It's one of those incalculable meta strats that just posing a threat is enough to change the game instead shooting people dead like showing up with reinarch and a soldier 76 to an enemy straggler. They don't die, but they'll run away which is good enough to move the package for long enough to maybe win the game

This is the playstyle I started to adapt, when things started clicking in my mind.

>McCree's flashbang AoE removed (Only stuns who it hits directly)
I remember you saying this before in a thread. The answer is still no.

(I don't even like McCree)

>this is what mei players say to justify their bullshit

Oh. I thought everyone in Blackwatch was like Reaper and randomly wanted to fuck up Overwatch's shit. So was Blackwatch, like, some spec ops section of Overwatch?

Why does the game constantly act like class stacking is a bad move?

>DUDE YOU'LL LOSE AS DEFENSE IF YOU ALL GO BASTION
>Become literally untouchable as the enemy team walks into our line of fire as six bastions reign down hellfire upon them.
>Even Genshi can't stop six bastions.

>ice wall on a short CD
>full Mei on defense
>alternate icewalls on the choke point
>nobody gets through
>1 tracer manages to zoom by
>gets frozen to death almost instantly

Right click's spread is already enough to make it useless if you aren't already so close to the enemy that no amount of spread would save them.
Bastion needs that spread way more, and no repairing in turret mode.

Winston should also have a little bit of a health buff, he feels too weak to be a tank and too weak to be in offense.
Someone will likely pop off about how he's more for aggressive anti-enemy support but literally any assault hero can do that way better. If a class has to rely on other classes to be even remotely viable in any situation then it is badly balanced.

I know Overwatch gets compared to TF2 a lot but every single class in TF2 can face off against every single other class and have a realistic chance of coming out alive and unharmed in the hands of a skilled player.
Some of the heroes in Overwatch do not have a single chance against other heroes unless the skill gap is so retardedly large that you may as well be fighting a bot.

Not being able to absolutely murder them with no effort is not the same as "completely folding"

That wasn't me, but I agreed with him, it's insanely stupid to have a non-ult aoe two second stun every eight seconds.

Favorites for each role?

>Offense
Genji/Mcree

>Defense
Junkrat/Mei

>Tank
Roadhog/Winston

>Support
Lucio

How do I get good at Fat Bane?

I'd be down for this change if mccree's flashbang range was increased, so you could skillshot people with it better.

The short range is for the AOE.

Long range flashbang + headshot would be fucking awesome.

Is it possible to connect an Xbox account to a PC account for Overwatch?

Just started playing the game, so I don't know if this question's been answered yet.

Bastion's easily dislodged by Pharah, Junkrat, Hanzo, McCree, Widowmaker, basically anyone with some range.

Mei has absolutely no killing capacity when she's facing more than one enemy, so stick together, and she can't do shit.

Symmetra's another story. If you can't lob Junkrat or Zarya grenades into her sentry nests, you have to just avoid them altogether. Sym can't chase you down if you just fuck off.

> mfw these threads cycle endlessly
> all of us sniping at each other about how to easily beat "impossible" set-ups and "OP heroes"
> Fact we don't see outside our own box to see these strategies exist is what makes the challenge

What happens when we know know all?

dont be a shitter running off alone, or letting mei get the drop on you. what character cant kill her quick enough that doesn't have an escape. any that you name shouldnt be apart from team mates. did your team not kill her? sucks they cant play cohesively and prioritize targets.

>full match with friends on Volskaya
>pushed back to last
>Reindherts out the ass on the enemy team
>just run past their shields and shotgun them to death
>anyone who learns to let go of LT gets destroyed by my turret
>Molten Core/ spam armor packs to run away when low on health
Feels too good.

>Dorado, 5 on the Payload and approaching the payload
>RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU
>His slight misses the payload and only has enough to kill one
>But wait I'm a D.va!
>Charge into the payload with boosters and Matrix and knock the rest back
>They wipe, we win
I felt good after that.

>Everyone complains about Zenyatta being trash
WEW, he's a lot better than I thought on defense

Offense:
DVA

Defense:
Indian Tech Support

Tank:
Reinarch

Support:
Lucio

tfw you picked the hard characters to play where as everyone else plays the braindead characters

Reminder Mei and Bastion are going to get nerfed on release and there is nothing their respective users can do about it

Bastion has unessesary high DPS and his bullet spread is high as fuck to top it up he can rotate 360° tell me how that isn't OP? Even reaper's death blossom can't compare to bastion DPS

did you guys change up your controls? What's the best set up?

It is to tell people that picking that 3rd sniper is a bad idea even if you are the headShotzGawd666

Depends on the enemy team comp and map. If my team doesn't really need anything I'll usually go S76 because he does well with everything except if if the enemy team has like a tracer and also a genji because he can't do much at very close ranges.

Payload?
ME SINGLE TARGET DAMAGE CLASS
ME NO PICK ANY SUPPORT OR TANK
ME GET KILL
ME GUARANTEE LOSS FOR TEAM BUT IT OK

I have 4 hours with him and a 70% win percentage.

I think he needs help. Either something with the orbs or more hp.

That is fair logic. But Bastion is definitely not this insanely broke character. It's pretty easy to take him out with those characters. Maybe not genji if that bastion player isn't retarded.

>Offense
Pharah/Soldier 76

>Defense
Hanzo

>Tank
Reinhardt/Roadhog

>Support
Zenyatta/Mercy

>whole team is grouped up in a neat little bunch and I'm playing pharah
>boost up and press Q
>my rockets rain hellfire into them
>every single missile slams into them with the force of a thousand suns, atomizing them instantly and obliterating half the map with them
>it does like, 15 damage and I get instantly killed

>she's good against uncoordinated teams of scrubs
W O W
O
W

What skin do you use? This is important.

He is pretty good if nobody on the opposing team realizes that he's a free kill.

I bet you feel real good about yourself

jesus, it's full on cancer today. Open beta + sunday. I wish blizzard would set the price at $500 to keep the kids out.

have your free (You)

You guys have no idea how little snipers do to Bastion. You're just theorycrafting that a sniper can hit him from further than he'd know, but he's never open enough to take advantage of the range.

Bastion is countered by flanks or Pharah, if he's unaware. If he's aware, he will shut their shit down before they get to kill him off, and heal himself and reposition slightly.

You genuinely need 2 people to solidly stop a Bastion, intended or not. You can't flank the fucker if he's doing nothing but waiting unless you have a 1-2 hit kill, because he CAN and WILL turn around and gun you down faster than you do him.

Mei's kit is completely retarded the way it is. Her ice wall needs to break easier, and have a slightly longer cooldown. Her slow needs to be nerfed to another .5 seconds to freeze, and there needs to be a cooldown so you don't get frozen within 2 seconds of already being frozen if she can't kill you. Her secondary gun attack needs to be nerfed too, it does 100 fucking damage at range.

im sorry you can't play your waifu against him.
>im bad

>slightly
>slightly
>slightly
>slightly
>slightly
>slight
>slightly
>slightly
>slightly

You know there's actual trackable numbers for everything in the game. Stop being so vague and do some research.

Not scrubs, but just anyone not speaking on a mic. Again she doesn't really kill even against 1v1. She doesn't tank. So you have to admit there's something else going on for her abilities

Yeah but there's a difference between five widowmakers and five roadhogs.

No, I'm really fucking annoyed because I'm making the game much harder and annoying for myself when I could just pick another character and do much better.

Whats the fucking point of the reset?

>Hooking that Tracer
>Memeing on that Bastion
Best two feelings in the world m8

>Offense
None

>Defense
Torbjorn

>Tank
Reinhardt

>Support
All, if they were better, but because 2 are trash and the other is Mercy, Lucio

yeah user he should put in all that work for it to only matter to other people who put in the research
and for it in the end not to matter at all cause blizzard wont care

great idea

How am I theorycrafting when I have literally switched to both hanzo and widow to take care of a bastion and have killed him in 1-3 shots.

Pharah needs either much larger splash damage on her rockets or much more armor on her.

As it is right now Junkrat out-damages her while retaining most if not almost the same level of maneuverability and has a far better ult.

Maybe make it so you can charge her rockets up and fire them in a bundle of 3-5 super fast like in Unreal Tournament?

So that people can be on equal playing field!
Oh wait

>high price
>to keep those out who don't care about the price, because their parents pay for them

how exactly do you play the dwarf?

My most played heroes are Reaper, D'Va and Reinhardt in that order

I wonder if it means anything or I am quite a normalfag

You need this.

But yeah, I've had that happen so many times. Pharah's Q sometimes does jack all when the enemy team decides to actually use defensive cool-downs.