/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that Stellaris discussion doesn't belong in this thread.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 8th:
453 BC – Spring and Autumn period: The house of Zhao defeats the house of Zhi, ending the Battle of Jinyang, a military conflict between the elite families of the State of Jin.
1794 – Branded a traitor during the Reign of Terror by revolutionists, French chemist Antoine Lavoisier, who was also a tax collector with the Ferme Générale, is tried, convicted, and guillotined all on the same day in Paris.
1942 – World War II: The Battle of the Kerch Peninsula: The German 11th Army begins Operation Trappenjagd (Bustard Hunt) and destroys the bridgehead of the three Soviet Armies (44th, 47th, and 51st) defending the Kerch Peninsula, in the eastern part of the Crimea.

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U9Tnppi4bZ0
youtu.be/E2j-frfK-yg
youtube.com/watch?v=N7piTcDllnY
youtube.com/watch?v=iWIKOpIpabk
youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s
youtube.com/watch?v=e6c5RZL9Skw
stellarisspeciesgen.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

This

Post blobs

>Posting in a thread that was created before the bump limit was reached
You are the cancer that is killing /gsg/

That's an old blob

>29 hours

>This day in history, May 8th:
Just a reminder.

Who cares

Of what?

>Reminder that Stellaris discussion doesn't belong in this thread.
Hey OP, next time you make a new thread, make sure you actually read what you're copypasting.

>Reminder that Stellaris discussion doesn't belong in this thread.

OP, you are being a collossal faggot.

Or blind.

>doesn't have hungary

r8

>cuckposter BTFO by mods

MODS = GODS

>mfw it's my birthday

I'm beginning to agree with you lad. The shitposting in the past few days has gone a bit overboard.

Happy Birthday. You should treat yourself by preordering Stellaris for tomorrow

Buy it for me tripfag

>tfw the only non-GROSSGERMANYAH XD empires /gsg/ makes are meme empires
>any creativity that is less than ironic is ridiculed

Really?, hey, good for you lad. You should go out and do something, don't stay indoors. It's not healthy.
Have a Jackie and have a good one.

Who's Jackie

b8

Jackie Veeky Forums, the owner of Veeky Forums

Jackie is bait?

Enlightened Monarchy is described as just enlightened absolutism though. Not very constitutional.

Honestly Mcdonalds uniting earth and having a space empire is far more likely than some of the stuff people post, eg shitholes like Russia uniting earth

>he will never make an AMA thread.
I just want him to acknowledge me.

In that case you can just RP any monarchy you pick as constitutional.

What's wrong?

>democracy
>xenophile

All the western democracies are xenophilic by policy, even if the common person native to them isn't.

And?
They are descendents of colonists by Musk, Blue Origin and other pro-space advocates in 21st and 22nd century.
They naturally would be interested in contact with alien life, hoping for Star Trek like outcome.

Reminder that stellaris is grand strategy and therefore allowed on /gsg/ and to call your mother, she worries.

As Earth collapsed in chaos and war at the end 22nd Century, the proud descendants of Muskie colonies on Mars faced both threat of being cut off out vital supplies and their sovereignty being crushed by forces of United Nations.
A devil's pact was made with the military and national factions of Earth who resisted unification.
Under joint project by Muskie scientists and Pact forces a Wormhole Generator was constructed using breakthrough technology and theories.
A fleet consisting of six colony ships each carrying tens of thousands colonists each representing an allied nation and Muskies have breached the wormhole escaping the clutches of forming Global Union.
Their target was a G class star, where telescopes detected planet with traces of water and oxygen atmosphere.
As they passed on nobody knows if through sabotage or malfunction the Fleet was engulfed by sub space storm that caused the Generator to explode and the fleet scattered across time and space, while Sol System was plunged in darkness as radiation fried most unshielded electronics. Unknown to everyone a Muskie colony ship survived and settled after a century of voyage in cryosleep a new world, different from the one promised. Unknown to Muskies themselves they were cast away hundreds of light years away and 300 years in the past. In time they prospered and floursihed, their dedication to engineering, independent thought and pursuit of knowledge shaping new society.
Individual settlements and colonies banded together, jointly administrating the planet in direct democracy. Now centuries later, they feel their mission must continue in havens above and first ships are prepared to explore the unknown.

>What is direct democracy
God you are retarded

>call your mother

You're implying anybody in this swamp lives away from home

Zun-Ya, pacifist Fungoid species, highly resilient and strong. Born on Jungle death world their world was unified by followers of philosophy pointing out that sapient species are capable of rejecting violence characteristic of animals. They live in cities where each Zun-Ya has his own pack of associates they spend most time with in relative isolation from other groups, with some common gatherings taking place to organize their joint community.

Well then walk upstairs give her a hug and thank her for the gift oif life you ingrate.

What would Japan have named Australia if they discovered and colonized it?

Southern Japan?

So what's the pacifist power strategy? Is it forming federations and building tall on optimized planets?
I noticed quill18 did a pacifist playthru but was still able to war on people a fair bit and conquer some stuff.

The nation of neets.

next mothers day sure

Honestly I don't know, I build this race just for lore and flavor.
I will add it to the Galaxy when I will be playing, but my own Empire will be Ascendancy of Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=U9Tnppi4bZ0

R8

>quill18
Mcfuckin kill yourself.

Pacifism is playing tall, yes.

Though you can play wide by expanding a lot.

What's wrong with quil?
He seems more fun than that autistic Arumba.

For you.

Guys what to play while I wait for a
Stellaris torrent?
Also,cant can't wait to play as space jews

nothing-exceptional-but-not-bad-either/10
But I'd rather listen to something calmer while playing space games.
youtu.be/E2j-frfK-yg

>What's wrong with quil?
Not really sure if bait or just drooling retard.
I'll take the safe choice, fuck off retard.
For the matter, watching any LP is autistic but Quill "bureacrats master"18 is a special kind of autist.

Appearances can be so deceiving.

nothing-exceptional-but-not-bad-either/10
But I'd rather listen to something calmer while playing space games.
youtube.com/watch?v=N7piTcDllnY

Don't know if anybody has read Humanity's Fire by Michael Cobley but all of these names of Stellaris space empires remind me of the nations in that.

I'm enjoying this

my space jam
youtube.com/watch?v=iWIKOpIpabk

Yes. The sound of genocide. I like it.

yes

Best space genocide music lads
youtube.com/watch?v=qMCsv-zj56s

From last thread

>Be great Indian Space Confederacy
>have designated shitting planets
I can't wait /gsg/

1. What does /gsg/ think about pic
2. Have a good song desu youtube.com/watch?v=e6c5RZL9Skw

Top kek

Stellaris is just another mana simulator with increased incentive to keep on blobbing with nothing else interesting going for it.

>1. What does /gsg/ think about pic
Devs said forgotten empires build star rings.

God that movie was fucking garbage.

>You can see the filth of the Ganges in space

Literally not even funny

Yes but doesn't the wreckage look cool?

I really like the "tech that has been forever forgotten even by their creators" theme.

Go build some liquor factories fgt

>empire of fire
That's so plain it hurts.
You can do better, user. I believe in you.

see

Where do I get this editor?

I'm the guy that made this post in the first place but presenting my race anyways

>individualist
>not collectivist
Fucking nazi.

Blobbing is the core aspect of gsg games desu

Blobbing is human nature

What do xenophobes get as a perk?
Also, what does adaptability mean gameplay-wise?

you have to preorder stellaris to access it

What does /gsg/ think of my plan
>piss of forgotten empire
>send your fleet against theirs
>destroy at least one of their ships
>surrender immediately
>survey the wreckage, reverse engineer all possible technology
>build new fleet with better technology
>repeat until forgotten empire is defeated

It's shit lad.

You're better off colonizing a Holy World and sell it off to some unsuspecting fag.

Sounds fucking retarded but it might just work

Is it wrong to use changeowner commands under any circumstances?

stellarisspeciesgen.com/

>other technology fallen empire takes a notice at your research
>annihilates you

Good plan

Can someone give me event number for reactionary victory that revert back all your modernizing reform?

I like that you made dwarves a despotic empire instead of technocracy.

I was kinda torn between Individualism that leftards actually promote in some sense (whilst being more attracted to despotism than flies to shit) or collectivism.

Their logic is so flawed that it makes my brain hurt thinking about it.

almost poor man's mare nostrum

ty senpai

Doesn't EU4 become incredibly boring once you manage to blob large enough?

>Muslims
>venturing to space

wouldn't that offend allah in some way

rate it

yeah, I usually stop before 1750