machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/flxikb.mp4
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-8/rate/62972
angel2d.com/
titanfall.wikia.com/wiki/Titan_Insignia
github.com/Dobiasd/articles/blob/master/switching_from_imperative_to_functional_programming_with_games_in_Elm.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FIRST for fishing with NO ASSETS

a.pomf.cat/flxikb.mp4

Remember that if you posted in the last week with progress and your game isn't in the demo day then you'll be bullied relentlessly.

Good thing I've been playing Overwatch nonstop and haven't posted progress in over a week!

I'll just go for next demo day.

Fuck yeah. Fishing is the most comfy activity.

yeah needs animations and juice.

I'll give you $100 if you can tell me what my game is for which I posted progress in the last week but have no demo

how do you do that
i've played a bit in the open beta and that game is so bad

I have too, user, but I managed to get one out there. No excuses!

>Well, yes, you're supposed to default on them.
I don't think that's a good approach to take.
Rust isn't innovating type inference, it's just adding a future feature of auto.

I can't imagine what kind of de-bugging hell rust devs are going to go through.

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-8/rate/62972

pls play my demo

how can l play the games from the demo day?

Because everyone has different preferences.
I think it's a fun game, it's well polished, it's better than TF2 in a lot of ways.

If you don't like it, then that's fine.

will do that once i have actual assets, no point in juicing up engine-default assets that look shitty anyway

I've played for 2 days non-stop and have no desire to play it ever again.

It was fun but the game is just too simplistic, especially how some heroes only have 1 or 2 actual abilities they can use.

Are you talking about lifetimes or type inference? They're completely orthogonal.

>I can't imagine what kind of de-bugging hell rust devs are going to go through.
Actually, type inference is not difficult to deal with at all if you have a simple and consistent type system (Rust, yes, C++, no).

Played it, good shit, needs a closer checkpoint in the third door though. I predict 10k sales on release.

>tfw you are stuck on one small thing and it takes you an entire day to solve it
>tfw your free time is limited, your life span is limited, and there is so much left to do on your gem
>tfw you realize that you are making prorgess but months are flying by and you are getting older and older
when i look back one day i wonder if i will regret killing so so much of my free time on doing this instead of drinking in a pub with friends and having a causal social life
the

the maps are extremely linear, a lot of characters are just direct counters to each other (weeaboo vs robot for example), and most of the abilities are either aoes or scan hits, so it's impossible to miss.

it has so little depth the open beta isn't over and i'm already bored of it.

What's a humble way to say 'The rest of the fucking game' in end credits?

Some people helped out but I pretty much did everything

Renaissance dev

Both like you are.
Seems like lifetimes shouldn't be an optional type if Rust devs insist you use them for everything. This just goes back to what I said about hand-holding.

Refusing to let developers fuck up is like refusing to let a player die in your game,

Rust's idea is curving the developer to develop ITS way, not letting the developer have the freedom to go around intentions to new things. That's just not something I like in a language.

don't forget to wish your mother a happy Demo Day 8

No one even reads that shit.
Just list the names.

this desu

Credits:
Thank you for playing.

"Special thanks: Everyone".

END

I made my game credits in a way that prevents you from closing the game until you watched the whole credits and then at the end you are given a short test where you pair names to roles (like lead artist: a) user poop b) loli dev c) pepe
and if you make a mistake your bios will get flashed with zeroes

>Seems like lifetimes shouldn't be an optional type if Rust devs insist you use them for everything. This just goes back to what I said about hand-holding.
They "insist" you use them for everything because that's how you prevent an entire class of memory errors AT COMPILE TIME.

>Refusing to let developers fuck up is like refusing to let a player die in your game,
You're acting as if getting clear errors at compile time instead of obscure run time errors that you need to spend extra time debugging to figure out what the fuck happened is a bad thing.

>Rust's idea is curving the developer to develop ITS way, not letting the developer have the freedom to go around intentions to new things. That's just not something I like in a language.
It's getting programmers to write correct programs using a specific technique, yes. It's not limiting expression; why would you want to express incorrect programs?

say
A Game By [your name]
and then credit everyone else with their specific jobs

>if you make a mistake your bios will get flashed with zeroes
user i think you get your point across well enough if you just make it multi question with one obvious choice.

>credits
>when you're anonymous
What kind of asshat would do this anyway?

doing some procgen stuff

Nice mixels.

woah finally a game where i can explore infinite shapeless blob caves

Engine?
Bet it's source.

Good game my man.

If you go back to the first level after reaching the stage select I think you're stuck there

Then why not implement the language from the ground up with that idea instead of saying "hey you need to do this thing for everything".
They want Rust to be a perfect environment where everything is safe and crystal clear but theres inconsistencies everywhere.

To be fair though a lot of c++'s run-time problems has to do with C.

I'm not against clarity, I'm just against yellow-lining and restrictions.

>why would you want to express incorrect programs?
Because it teaches people how to do it correctly.
Whereas Rust /tries/ to avoid the problem.

thanks
I'm pretty hyped about it too
Monogame, this is like 2 days worth of work with bugfixing and procgen tuning

Anyone here did Functional Programming (FP) with game development?

How was it? Did you become faster/more efficient in coding?

Counter question:
Where do I learn what functional programming is and can I do it in C++?

>His game isn't made with event driven programming paradigm.

Start with Elm. Learning Elm can really help ease understanding FP concepts before learning Haskell.

Learn making Pong.
elm-lang.org/blog/making-pong

Code is so beatiful and conscise (I think)

Naughty Dog made a LISP derivative language to develop their own language for the Jak and Daxter franchise, so it's possible
Functional programming is a style of programming that heavily relies on recursion and discourages you from saving the state of variables. You need to learn a functional language such as scheme. However most big modern languages are incorporating more and more functional aspects these days.

Functional programming is just autists obsessed with constants who can't handle the power.

you can return to the level select by hitting escape and selecting quit
do you mean closer checkpoint at the beginning of the third level?

thanks though, glad you both enjoyed it

OOP IS A CUTE, A CUTE!

Explain further

what set of coding tools will give me more e-penis?

C++ and SDL+OpenGL?

see
Make your own engine in your own language

>coding tools
>C++
>SDL
>OpenGL
naw man, naw
you already failed

C + winapi/linux kernelinterfaces

It's not really that hard though. If you want real e-peen make a popular website.

I'ts 1+1 = 2:The paradigm
Everything is constant and there's no possibilities of X being Y being Z.

They treat programming like math evaluations.
That's why you hear them constantly jerk off to
>muh beautiful code
Because they put A E S over functionality ironically enough.

ANyone know where I can get a bage icon pack for achievements like the ones in this image?

Man I loved the titanfall badges.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Yeah, you make them yourself you faggot.

Isn't the point that they're game specific?

I mean developing games, not being a software engineer.

Yeah, maybe like at the beginning of the room with the two turrets. It's a bit frustrating to go through the pushing things several times after dying to the turret that you have to block by conjuring a cube. But that's just my casual ass talking.

On another note, I loved how you teach the mechanics to player, show not tell is the best way.

C++ with SFML / GLFW
Please don't avoid SDL, it's a using namespace std-tier parroting.
It's a bad library.

Yeah so i suggested C + winapi.
What's wrong with that?

But honestly you probably want to use a prototyping engine like Angel2D. It's simple to get and feature packed. And it's just some structure on some OS interfacing libraries.

An artist , a free icon website, any resource is greatly appreciated.

No most of the titanfall ones are generic.

Thanks user.
btw, A E S = aesthetics?

Please don't use*
yes

What's wrong with SDL?

or should I use SFML or allegro?

no, not that. you're obviously one of those who think that it's completely fine to substitute terms one for another which means you have zero intention to learn real meanings an principles. you have zero discipline and will fail

Does anyone else have menu/scree management phobia? I wish I could never worry about it and just work on the actual game

C++ or C and SDL2+OpenGL is the only choice mang.

>It's a bad library.
It's good enough for valve to use and it works fine. It's also been around longer than GLFW.

It's a dated library lacking a lot of functionality that mainly GLFW offers.
And most importantly it's renderer is absolutely shit.
I can't recommend GLFW enough honestly.
I'm going to hopefully finish my thing with SFML and then change unless Laurent comes around with the next release.
>It's good enough for valve to use
They re-wrote most of it.
>but it's older
and GLFW is still better somehow.

angel2d.com/
You want this. You don't care for SDL or SFML.
It wraps GLFW anyhow.

>screen management phobia
Yeah. I was planning on having an entry screen where you just walk up to doors and enter them to select options and stuff. Seems so much nicer. But now I have to give the player a dedicated teleport button to get back to the main menu.

>comparing SDL to namespace stomping
SDL solves annoying issues so transparently that it's a sin to slander it like you do.

What library did cave story use then?

This is irrelevant. You should know it is.

People just endlessly parrot others should use it, but I don't think a lot of them have actually used it or even bothered to compare it with other API's.

And then they say
>b-but X used it!
While not understanding that X re-wrote many aspects to suit their needs.

Tokyo Metropolitan Central Library

>And most importantly it's renderer is absolutely shit.
GLFW doesn't even have one so what difference does it make?
You just use OpenGL directly which you can also do in SDL
You sound like a rabid fanboy just saying "it's shit".
Give me concrete examples.

Other API's what?

>Being retarded
I'm just gonna give you this then so you can get on with the devving.
titanfall.wikia.com/wiki/Titan_Insignia

WEBM is old

I did a new stage , there are 5 now, The pier, the SF training stage, the SF training stage with a mirror, the cinema and the new one, that is a Handbook, were the fighters looks like sketches.

Also added some effets to the limbs to make the moves look better.

And started making the third fighter.

>functions start LikeThis()
Absolute trash, would not even download

>stamina in a fighting game
That won't end well

Because they wrap enough to make things just werk.
I'm not a rabid fanboy of anything, I just want a library that isn't complete shit and SFML+GLFW is the closest thing so far.
I'm a dummy.

>"i-it's shit"
Amazing argument, I'll be sure to try GLFW™ now.

Sorry I don't get sarcasm well. I take it this is sarcasm?
Just find and replace the source with fUnCtIoNsLiKeThIs or whatever.
If it's really an issue.

Does anyone still have that list of indie-friendly publishers? I'm gonna make it, bros

>indie-friendly publishers
List:
-

You don't need a publisher. You lose money for nothing, you can do anything they would yourself.

Microsoft

>titanfall.wikia.com/wiki/Titan_Insignia

oh man that is awesome - thanks dude!
looks like ill somehow have to make my own unless i can find a good vector pack somewhere ti hought there was a site with free vectors to download hmm

>you can do anything they would yourself.
Untrue. Marketing is very hard to do yourself. It's probably the one service they provide the best.

I can't fund the marketing and development though
I don't want my game to be exclusive, so platform holders aren't an option

what documentary is this from?

github.com/Dobiasd/articles/blob/master/switching_from_imperative_to_functional_programming_with_games_in_Elm.md

btw just tried Elm, it is really FP done right, unlike Haskell.
More importantly, it's fun.

>Demo Day 8
>just 12 entries so far

What went wrong?

The Jew fears the Samurai.

agdg

most effective way to prevent infinite combos

I started late :(

Give me 4 hours user.

was too busy with finals to get a demo done

Well for one, SDL's keyboard manager forces you to implement the wheel for many things.

Really that's SDL's c-like principle for all its modules. Just wrapping enough to be a library but not making your life much easier beyond that.
It doesn't have any advanced features, so you're stuck having to do them yourself.

And do you want to talk about multi-threading?