Minecraft General - /mcg/

Lopsided Sky Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4v3pyQzF
pastebin.com/2hHGwENJ
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/deconstruction-table
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for locks or something

Please update your fucking mods.

No, updates break everything.

4craft when?

Hey /mcg/ is there any good mods for 1.7.10 i can install?

If you play on a server where you need to lock your shit up then you're doing it wrong

Hi,

I admin a server and I've noticed a lot of people have trouble connecting. There's a core group of players with 0 connectivity issues. I was wondering what I could do to troubleshoot why people are having issues connecting. It's a dedicated server hosted by Exodus Hosting, so I really doubt it's related to the server hardware/connection available.

If you guys need more info or are interested in the IP let me know.

if u have a good pc install some shaders, they make the game look really nice and gives it a nice feeling

FORERUNNER MOD WHEN

So um, baubles user?
pastebin.com/4v3pyQzF
This happened when I tried to craft the second tier ring.
Just happened when I put it in a crafting table.

Oh boy, can't wait to load into my boring hugbox server

Hey cornmod user, do you have a link to your mod you'd be willing to share?

ded game ded memes

>being a reddit hugbox player

you have to go back

>playing a game about building with people who only want to destroy
you can spout as many "i like to live dangerously" memes as you want, but at the end of the day the only person doing it wrong is you

clearly they're not living dangerously if they have to lock all their shit up

lock mods/area protection are casual tier and you shouldn't be posting here if you use them

I don't have a link, I'm willing to share but its not finished. for >reasons, the corn crop doesn't place. I'm still working on it

>not wanting conflict and challenge
>wanting to be a reddit tier cuck

>clearly they're not living dangerously if they have to lock all their shit up
learn to fucking read
>lock mods/area protection are casual tier and you shouldn't be posting here if you use them
make me leave your "sekrit club" then faggot

>he thinks getting his shit stolen by an autist who thinks he's comedy gold or a selfish kiddie is conflict/challenge
those of us who are above the age of 18 don't really care for wasting time on petty childish behaviour user

>not building far from spawn
>not having landmines
>not having retard bait traps

I bet you build at spawn

Is 1.9 worth playing? Any mods for it yet? I've been gone for a while.

Is thaumcraft 4 good yet and is it for 1.7.10?

1.9 is shit.
Thaumcraft 5 is where its at.

>>not building far from spawn
Why even bother playing multiplayer if you're going to play it like a glorified single player with chat?
>>not having landmines
>>not having retard bait traps
The only people who fall for these are pubbies.

>tc5
really? I thought we were on 4 now. Is tc5 worth playing?

>Thaumcraft 5
>5
laughing_whores.png

TC5 is for 1.8.9, and is the second best version of thaumcraft ever, right after 2. Wands charge automatically, grappling foci, Aura mechanics similar to TC2's, autmatic crossbows and wand focus casters, random crimson soldier events, and most importantly, TAINTSTORMS.

pastebin.com/2hHGwENJ

Am retarded, how fix?

The second half is what's inside the thaumcraft folder.

I see, does it have addons yet?

Yes.

How many? Is there a list of the good ones?

Pls respond

>bumping after 3 minutes
nah mate fuck off

13, actually

>1.8
>no boats
not worth using

Wait 1.8 doesn't have boats? What?

>Server-killing fires
>One of the best self-sufficient Botania Mana farms known
Highwire school of balance.

no boats

I don't understand

lurk more

Is it possible to run the windows 10 version in windows 7? I don't really want to upgrade this old laptop.

windows 10 version is shit m8. basically a pc port of the pocket edition. no mods of course, because jewcrosoft.

I must be confused since I haven't played in a while. I thought it had more content than the java edition, thinking it would run better as well.

>run better as well.
a little bit, i suppose
>more content
no.

But do you honestly think microsoft would do something GOOD?
1.7 has the most mods.
1.8/1.9 are buggy and unoptimized.
and if you want the vanilla stuff from 1.8/1.9 in 1.7, get et futurum.
some thuamcraft faggots think TC5 is worth upgrading to 1.8.

I'm just autistic and come back every few months and play without mods for a little bit. I just wanted it on this old laptop, so I'll go find a 1.7 somewhere then.

in which case, i'd suggest using 1.9 i guess

guys what are good texture packs nowadays that aren't dogshit

I always used to use painterly and quandary but I'm wondering what else is out there that looks clean and nice

Unity.

john smith & sorotex have the most mod support.
also sphax if you're twelve

With 1.8 and 1.9 proven to be buggier and slower than 1.7.10, why are we still gravitating that way?

thaumcraft faggots + retarded children + forgefags + jewcrosoft

oh, you're probably using a 1.8 version of botania. go double check your version.

I already got it, it was 1.8 NEI/Chicken core. Thanks though.

these are awful, what the fuck

this is okay, is there anything else like it?

>these are awful, what the fuck
what kind of fucked up taste do you have?
john smith is the best for comfy medieval aesthetics.
soartex is good for modern sleek bases

I should have specified that I think most packs that are more than 16x are pretty awful since they abuse the size without adding all that much. It doesn't help that all you're really doing is polishing a piece of shit because you're texturing a literal fucking cube - part of the reason why the simplicity of 16x packs are usually the best.

I get you user, though I think some 32x packs can look good (I like john smith), I can't stand huge hd packs that slap 256x textures or whatever on a fucking cube and call that "realistic"

>john smith is the best for comfy medieval aesthetics.
That's a funny way of spelling Dokucraft.

eh. dokucraft is good, but john smith feels a little bit harsher, which i kind of like

Then check out Dokucraft Dwarven, perhaps. I personally like things a little brighter and softer, so I stick to Dokucraft High when I play vanilla.

Seriously though, if you grief anyone besides reasonably close friends you are a top tier manchild.

It was not proven to be buggier or slower than 1.7.10. Get your head out of your ass.

Oh god. I'll have a look, but no guarantee I can fix it, since no java knowledge, and the fact this runs at all is amazing.

they are talking about weeb waifu shit rather than actual interesting mods

Hey /mcg/, I've got an Immersive Engineering Thermoelectric Generator and I'm wondering if I can hook it up to an EnderIO Capacitor Bank. It looks like the EIO Energy Conduits aren't working, unless I'm doing something terribly wrong? Is there another solution, or do these mods not play nice with each other? I've never used Immersive Engineering before.

Because the Minecraft fanbase is attracted to bright, shiney novelties just like simpletons.

disregard i suck blocky cocks

>FTB's 1.8.9 unstable pack

Shiet

Unstable is an understatement

Crashed twice so far

Why is everyone trying to move up again?

faq was removed?

its expired I guess. welp. if someone had an archive of it that'd be lovely if they pasted that somewhere.

in my opinion, the later versions run a lot more smoothly than 1.7.10 to me.

what mods can I use to disenchant weapons? And possibly keep the enchant on a book for later use?

MFR has a disenchanter that stores them on books, but it takes away a bit of the weapons durability.

thanks slowpoke

>Try to use BC robots
>Order robot to harvest in a specific area
>It immediately fucks off to somewhere else
>Try to get it back
>Break it, it disappears

Sasuga CJ

As if anyone ever read it/updated it.

is that the only big/widely known mod that does that? Does it need exp to work?

It's a useful mod in general, so its widely known. And it does not require exp to work, just power and books. If you don't have power, draconic evolution has a disenchanter which will sometimes require exp if its a vanilla enchantment, but won't if it's from another mod.

>minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/deconstruction-table
Has a dis-enchant function, but you still have to break your tool/weapon

>thinking about how cool it would be to have the TF disenchanting table be standalone
>it's already a thing
Looks like it's buggy as shit, but good on that guy.

Newest version for 1.7.10 (2.2.7) isn't too bad. 2.2.6 is buggy as fuck though.

>343

>this is okay, is there anything else like it?

look up Isabella, Coterie Craft, and Painterly

DONT CARE

FORERUNNER

>CJ
SpaceToad and hea3ven there, mostly. CJ quit by the time robots were even started - he left in February 2014 and robots were started around April of that year. And yes, they're buggy.

I don't use them, I make them.

Speaking of,
>trying to make a super high tech futuristic underground facility
Are there any mods that add light bridges or light based consoles or decorative blocks? Anything like chisel but with a lot more high tech blocks to use? Seems like over half the blocks in chisel just plain don't fit or all the metal based blocks in it are all rusted or bolted plating which fits more an old industrial facility.

Shitshow here. Progress is slow, but ongoing. Second floor is at least built, and will probably be for machines and shit.

As someone that uses this mod in his pack, it's actually pretty stable and works well. I'd recommend it if you want a standalone version of the Deconstruction table without the Twilight Forest.

there was a light bridge mod, but I'm not sure it's been updated past 1.6.4 (or if it even works properly in its latest release.. it was buggy)
railcraft does have light rails, though. minecarts zippin about with no blocks underneath is always fun to watch.

I take that back. it apparently works with 1.7.10. still kinda buggy iirc, so be careful with it

It's my fault really, I was trying to use them on Agricraft crops without the compatibility mod installed.

Are there any good quests mods based around Thaumcraft?

Blightfall

>google it
>this is the first image result
Holy shit, man.

This is exactly what I've been looking for.

>mfw my base spawned in the fucking ocean and got none of this cool foreboding landscape

did you pick omega? cause alpha and beta are the most starter-bases.

>not reading the important quest information
It's almost like you deliberately chose the hard mode pod.

Ah, yeah.

The compatibility mod is separate because having to maintain a dozen "-dev" JARs from various sources and having issues if any of those mods breaks is something I wanted to keep out of main BC. It makes porting and contributing to BC itself much easier.