/ywg/ - Yokai Watch General #38

Golden Skelly in the Sky Edition

Last thread: Yo-kai Watch has been released for EU!
nintendo.co.uk/News/2016/April/YO-KAI-WATCH-Your-Questions-Answered-1102349.html

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble is out!:
itunes.apple.com/us/app/yo-kai-watch-wibble-wobble/id1085461253?mt=8
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.YWWWUS
WibWob medal registration: yo-kai-wibblewobble.com/medal/index.nhn

>Is this actually good?
Yes it's good, just don't go in expecting the hyped up "Pokemon killer" aspect. Kotaku started the phrase for clickbait and it worked. They aren't the same game at all, just two games in the monster catching genre. If you want an explanation on the battle system, someone can fill you in, don't worry the demo was indeed shit and not a good representation of how you'll go through the game.

>Is there a list of all the yokai?
yokaipedia.net/list-of-youkai/

>I'm too lazy to look for i-
yokaiwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
We're actually working on sprucing this baby up. Feel free to contribute!

Here's a resource document for all your Yo-kai FAQ needs:
docs.google.com/document/d/1_POcoMxn85sOaJSFlvYDIljIfeadxm-qz9GTdmcNND0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/mc8mKJK2
pastebin.com/RFjLXGH2
translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://game8.jp/archives/46202&usg=ALkJrhgszDJJ5HIo6u0Dg3xpP9-citEPaQ
translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://game8.jp/archives/38876&usg=ALkJrhjFCe9CMgvSfdDllZkbWS2B6h3bDg
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The newest stories (from myself) :

Melt The Ice (Blizzaria x Swelterrier, will be NSFW soon) : pastebin.com/mc8mKJK2

Yo-kai Specs 7: pastebin.com/RFjLXGH2

Also WIBBLE WOBBLE EVENT ON THE 11TH. WE'RE HOPING FOR GOLDY BONES.

That's nice to hear, events are always cool. What's supposed to happen on the golden skelly event?

We'll get:
- A new area
- Evolution items will drop more often
- A new boss
- Said new boss drops Crank-a-kai coins

translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://game8.jp/archives/46202&usg=ALkJrhgszDJJ5HIo6u0Dg3xpP9-citEPaQ

translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://game8.jp/archives/38876&usg=ALkJrhjFCe9CMgvSfdDllZkbWS2B6h3bDg

>Evolution items will drop more often
in the new area or in general?

In the new area.

Not so much as "drop more often," more of "those Yo-kai will show up more."

Are his coins 5 Stars or something similarly good? Cause unless it was a special coin i never got anything decent from them.

I think they're just normal colored coins. Those links in my past post probably have lists.

great, another event which i can't participate in

So should i save my ymoney and not go for crank a kais since we'll be able to get coins from him, or is it still alright to use it for that

Can't sleep

Hey, I've got Yokai Watch last week, any advice on what should I change for my team?
My team is, in order, Shmoopie, Baddinyan, Casanuva, Robonyan, Badude and Reunight. I've been planning on adding Shogunyan soon since I only need to get Draggie.

Reuknight is often swapped for shogunyan since the latter hits harder and attacks faster

if you need a stronger healer than Shmoopie, either go the yokai world to get his evo item or fuse a Betterfly

You should use your Y-money on the Crank-a-kai.

Do you think Insomni will ever suffer from Insomnia?

Maybe beating him multiple times makes him drop different coins, not just 5 star ones.

>get watch rank S in yw2
>can go to youmakai again
It's really just yw1 in better, isn't it

I do indeed have a Betterfly but I mainly kept Shmoopie to see if two Yokais with the Popularity skill will let me get Yokai easier.

Popularity doesn't stack sadly.

bumo

inb4 gotcha bitch

if you managed to get your hands on Bruff in Breezy Hills, replace Badude with him.

could someone who can datamine confirm?

Well, there goes Shmoopie since Casanuva is a higher Rank.
If I get the chance or I get him from Crank-A-Kai, I will.

So people are datamining Wibble Wobble, and found that Gashadokuro is now Gotchaskull.
Pretty darn close to my predicted Gachaskull rename.

Reminder that we DO have a discord up and it is active!
Come hang out to get YW news first and talk about other games n shit
discord.gg/0m7Vj85gNw4dutXi

Is there any more info on this cutie yet?

Her name was revealed in one of the corocoro LEAKS, but someone has to go dig there to retrieve it.
still unsure if this is another Level5 boy though

that's pretty much the whole existence of YW2, or of Level-5's other sequels.

dammit

gotcha bitch

This isn't the time for monster hunter memes user.
Where's a murican meme yokai when you need em?

You're right, there needs to be one based on memers. Not memes themselves, but the people who indulge in them.

heheh

>If I get the chance or I get him from Crank-A-Kai, I will.
He's in the Tough Tribe, so if you want him from the Crank-a-Kai, use Orange Coins.

how many colored bones are in existence?

At this point I'm pretty much ready to just switch to plan B and go with Damona instead of Blizzaria for my second save, only cause of the cam not giving me a reliable image for Frosina.

Dumb singing urn snake.

I wonder if anyone managed to snap a pic of all the yokai so far.

It'd be pretty difficult since face determination is basically rng for any new face

A reminder for everyone to motemote~ your favorite Chinese general

already been there buddy

he'll also laugh at your face

I found it weird that Casanuva didn't get the ladies man general, only got the adviser one.

I just got the B-Rank Watch and my team is as follows:

Jibanyan (i like his triple attack)
Komasan (i like his triple attack)
Badude (i like his triple attack)
Tatteltell (for her autohealing)
Cupistol (for her healing, gonna evolve it when I find the item)
Darumacho (he looks cool and is pretty strong)

Feel free to point and laugh at me but I like them all so far. Any recommendations who I should evolve Jibanyan into?

Get roughrqff and fuse jibanyan for baddinyan. He's handy for story. Or get coughkoff to fuse thornyan for fights against the onis.
Don't forget to fuse tattletell with laffolotta for her evo.

Oooh, I love Badinyan. I'll probably go with him. Also, thanks for reminding me to evolve Tattletell - I saw I could fuse her but wanted to check who she evolves into and forgot all about it. I wanted to make sure she still healed her neighbours (which she does). I will definitely evolve her next time I play. THANK YOU

Thornyan has some late game strats but is pretty convoluted to pull off. I'd say go Badinyan.

boop

Huh.

Should i wait until he comes out to grind for Lava Lord's soultimate? Cause replaying this stage over and over again just for a chance to befriend him is taxing on my spirit points.

I love the shit out of these "Americanized" versions of the previous Yokai, espicially Hungry G and Brooklyn, they come off as either being hilarious or actually pretty awesome.

I wonder if we're going to get anymore, like an American Insomni that's dressed like a Ganguro girl or an American Noway that's basically brick wall covered in graffiti consisting of "Yo" and "USA".

I really like that Noway idea, cause Graffiti lizard is probably my favorite of all the Americanized youkai.

Not a huge fan of most lazy recolors. The new Roughraff is pretty cool, though.

I'm really liking that Baguette in the boxer's outfit, it's such a simple design and yet it hits so many marks, at least for me. He's an instant placeholder for a team member next to Robonyan USA.

Is it worth the risk?

That Hungramps is damn cool too.

I had a dream about two nights ago where a huge bunch of Rogue tribe Yokai were announced through Corocoro leaks. These were some of them.

>A very FNAF inspired Yokai that looks like the FNAF World version of Nightmare Freddy with a turn key in it's back
>A Red and brown recolor of Venoct that was called Nevoct
>A slew of other Rogue recolors of Yokai appeared and they all had names that were parodies or corruptions of the english names like Rogue Noway who was called Goaway
>Other Rogue tribe versions of Yokai included Insomni, Hungramps, Mirrapo, Cheeksqueak, Rokurocubi and Cruncha
>A zombie looking school girl with a hospital mask over her mouth and a pair of scissors in her hand
>A floating tribal mask with white hair and hypnotic, swirly eyes
>A Watermelon carved like a Jack O' Lantern with a witch hat
>What was basically a chibi Slenderman holding a giant portrait with a picture of a photo-realistic, photo-negative Whisper
>The Virginia Mothman and the Hopkinsville Goblins as Yokai (which made me very happy in my dream)
>A chibi blonde woman that was dressed like the Robot Monster with the helmet under her arm and wiping some sweat from her forehead

It also showed sneak preview images of anime episodes. One showed the Mothman Yokai being depressed with Nird and Inaho and USAPyon looking angry in the background and the other showed Nevoct watching Nate go by in an alley.

I literally punched my pillow when I woke up, I was so happy to see all of this.

I wish my dreams were ever as vivid.

Oh shit, there's a general for this? Neat. I almost posted this on the Nintendo general. Newcomer to this game (yuropoor), liking it a lot so far, even the mon befriending does not bother me that much, and the atmopshere is top fucking notch, It's been a while since I played a game this comfy. I just got the bike, and I'm trying to befriend Snartle with Marble beef and using:

Badude - Misses a lot, but Revenge and his obscene damage kind of makes him more than worthwhile imo
Noway - I really like this guy, he's a great sponge, I'll see if its evolution is better
Cadable - I like him a lot, but I'm probably going to replace him for the first cool Brave Yokai I get
Betterfly - AMAZING healer, piss easy to get
Blandin - I kind of need him to help the other multi hitting yokais of my group to cancel Soultimates, plus he's also pretty strong and the evolution of my fav Yokai
Cupistol - Not having much success on battle using this fruit but he does help befriend Yokai and he's pretty cute looking

Anyhoo, I CAN'T FIND NOGO. I found it once near the river bank and never again. Is it location really random? Any set spots? Am I just going to have to just run around praying I bump into it?

Oh, I just remembered. The Rogue tribe version of Hungramps in my dream was actually Fullgramps (the grey Wanted recolor). Meaning that Fullgramps was not only confirmed to be rouge tribe in my dream but we also could've befriended him. I also remember seeing screenshots from the game that showed the Soultimates of the watermelon Jack O' Lantern and Robot Yamada (the rogue Yokai in this pic)

fukken saved.

I'm not much of a waifu fag but I'm legitimately in love with Chatalie and her big sexy mouth

Nogo?

You mean Noko? Far as i know he only spawned in the area next to the fusion temple.

he spawns in a few other places, but he's a rare spawn either way. the easiest place is at the alleyway to the right of the fusion temple. There's a guide on spawning him in the google docs, so take a look there

Cupistol can be fused with Love Busters to get a much stronger A rank yo-kai Casanuva. You'll need access to Nocturne Hospital to get it.

Fuck yeah, same here, I love that sassy bitch since I saw her in the anime.

Can't wait to get her in the game.

No siree Bob, I mean Nogo, the "fake" Noko who's a wanted Yokai. That weird police guy wants me to find one three times, and I understand if you do find it, you get a code for a rare Yokai or something. I've played for 17 hours and just found it one of three times.

I actually already have Noko. I befriended it with a burger and Cupistol and it also gave me its rare item to boot. All in the first time. And meanwhile it took me like one full hour to get Mochismo for the fusion quest. I thought the desire sensor was exclusive to Monster Hunter.

Thanks for the tips on Casanuva tho, I'll bear it in mind.

oh, criminal yokai will spawn randomly around town weekly. You'll just have to get lucky and nab him if you ever see him.
To get Casanuva's evo item, you have to beat up some Casanuvas for it (or pop a wisp during battle for a chance).

If you're interested in evolving Noko, grind them and pop wisps for the drop of joy for evolution too.

>Spinning the threads of fate, he aligns them, entwins them, binds them, and finally unravels them. Everyone's lives are wrapped around his fingers. Whether you obey or defy his pull... that is for you to decide

>If you're interested in evolving Noko, grind them and pop wisps for the drop of joy for evolution too.

Dude, I already got it! Somebody showed me a video on how to catch him (seriously, can you actually catch up with him without the pause cheese?) and what to look for.

>I befriended it with a burger and Cupistol and it also gave me its rare item to boot.

I had trouble believing it, but like I said, karma restored the cosmic balance by not letting me get Mochismo for one hour.

And sucks about the criminal Yokai, hope I find it before it expires.

>Gotchaskull

That's actually not too bad, I was expecting much worse for some reason, not sure why seeing I actually like a lot of the English names. I guess I'm still salty over Sproink not being named Hogwash.

THE PUN WAS LITERALLY STARING THEM RIGHT IN THE FACE

>Americans think skeleton = skull

Well a skull is part of a skeleton

Hungry G is awesome. I like that he's in the shape of an egg.

He's just fat, like a typical American.

>AmeriMera is a foreginer who won't shut the fuck up

Yoooo look at my new friend.

I have the same thing with Aniki. Bruff is not THAT bad and it fits being related to Roughraff better, but I was convinced they were going to call him Brogre. Sucks.

Complete with freakishly huge nose. beautiful.

Nice catch with the Snartle.

And yeah i was hoping for Big Brogre instead. I mean Bruff is alright but still.

That's hilarious. I got the notion that he makes Americans mispronounce Japanese words.

On the subject of missed opportunities in naming Yokai. I was really hoping for Papa Windbag to be called Grand Dad, mostly so I can make a bunch of jokes and references to Joel from Vinesauce.

Remocon-Kakushi hasn't been named yet but I hope he'll be called Dialbolic. Dialbolic is the best name for him I can think of, I implore people to present a better option.

>k'mon k'mon
it's like they just gave up.

I'm surprised more people haven't drawn themselves with groups of Yokai yet.

I thought K'mon K'mon was a really good name actually. It's better then the one I came up with whissu.

You haven't been looking hard enough, though the trend so far focuses more on yokaisonas than human self inserts

It's not bad if you ignore the fact that is has nothing to do with the original name and loses all of its meaning.

It still has to do with his impatience so I think it's fine.

My idea for his name was Brattoni (Brat + Oni) which REALLY has nothing to do with what he does and his personality.

Are there any fan made Yokai that are very good design wise?

This artist has made a few good ones including this one.

I want her to be Kanchi's /ss/ secretary!

I, too, can vomit on paper and call it art

I commissioned this artist to draw one of my OC Yokai. Pic related is the one.

Funnily enough we did get a giant garbage youkai.

That YW3 one looks more like junkyard scrap monster, the kind that looks like came out of Earthworm Jim

Kanchi belongs to Keita and Keita only.
Take your literally and figurative trash OC somewhere else

>Kanchi belongs to Keita and Keita only.
This. A threeway with them and Keizou is also acceptable however

Stop user, you're giving me fuel for when I start to continue writing my fic again.

I can't wait, that fic made my dick diamonds.

But that's a good thing then.

Yeah, I'm kind of excited to write it. I only have one more week of classes and finals, so sometime soon after that I'll get started. I'll do my best to have the KanKei fic finished this summer. I might work on a Kei^2 fic and a Ms. Frost /ss/ fic in-between too.

>/ss/

>that spoiler
I am intrigued. I assume it'll be separate from the main one you're doing?
Also thought you renamed Kei^2 to summer haze.