/owg/ - Overwatch General

old: Love, D.Va Edition

Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/bAqk149g
youtube.com/watch?v=7CX-AepyRFU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

reminder that just because something can be countered doesn't mean it's impossible for it to also be overpowered

why are so many of you so bad at video games, and then blame others

I think increasing the cooldown of recall by 1-2 seconds would probably actually be enough.

Am I the only person here that mains Reaper?

>game matches me with someone that plays in "tourneys"
>he single handedly shits on my entire team as Widow and McCree

Great matchmaking Blizz 10/10 my 20 hours played is surely enough to match his skill level.

They've got to be siblings...or more

pastebin.com/bAqk149g
Reposting once in new thread since it's new.

Don't forget the large amount of hackers currently.

>futa
nah

>read the first line
>close tab

i just wish you faggots would stop infecting everything with your shit fetish

Can't wait for all the russians to leave once f2p beta ends.

Tracer doesn't need her ult, git gud
Duh Genji needs to hit his crit spot, are we just assuming everyone is shit in this scenario?
>Junkrat
>Needing to flank
Just uninstall right now.

Around 55 hours and have yet to run into one.
That's okay, thank you for taking the time to check it out. I appreciate it.

It's not like Symmetra needs to stand right in sight of Bastion and charge
It's literally hide, charge, peek out and shooter, then eventually he moves or dies

inb4 mad casuals demanding balance changes when they aren't good enough at the game to know what they're talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=7CX-AepyRFU

I'm sure he's not hacking in a pro game. He just flicked his fan to Reinhardts head who was standing behind a wall because he's that fucking good.

What two heroes would you have a bisexual threesome with

>arguably the worst character in the game
opinion officially discarded

Post em.

If Reaper is ambushing you as 76 you should already be dead to be honest without a fight. He's meant to win just about every close range engagement.

If he keeps ambushing you and picking on you then you need to position yourself where he can't or gain map awareness and keep track of where he is, if you can't do that then stay near your team.

I haven't absorbed 100% of the wiki yet, but his teleport may make a very audible sound if he's doing it nearby

so anyone here feels like there's some lack of gamemodes or maps?
and that heroes feel like the characters are missing abilities?

the game is polished as fuck, but is there enough content to justify $40?

if a casual is anything it's the people who have to use crutches to win, buddy

He wasn't hacking though, from watching kill feeds he was just way above my team in terms of skill.
>his Widow peaks took less than a second between firing and ducking behind cover again

THANKS BLIZZ IT WAS FUN GETTING STOMPED BY A ONE MAN ARMY

>playing as Reaper
>someone is Reinhardt and blocking pretty much his whole team
>teleport behind him
>DIE DIE DIE
>get 4 kills
Literally only managed that once but goddamn was it great.

Sym is pretty bad since her shield nerf.

Usually you can hear the "Death comes..." or "Repositioning" when he says it.

>3 gold medals
>50% kill participation
>32 elims

>"Our Hanzo was fucking shit"

Yeah fuck the people who play this game

Someone from here requested it several threads back.
I don't see you making any attempt at a request.

Yeah there really aren't many map varieties and literally only two game modes but don't worry, it's only a beta. Blizzard will almost definitely have a bigger variety when the game is releas--

www.vg247.com/2016/05/06/overwatch-open-beta-content-is-what-full-game-will-have-on-launch/

oh

>are we just assuming everyone is shit in this scenario?
Apparently we're assuming that the bastion is shit and can't protect his crit spot, yea
>Junkrat
>Needing to flank
No, retard, I said a decent Bastion won't leave himself open to be lobbed at by a Junkrat and the only way he'd get close enough is if he were to flank, or the entire team closed in somehow.

what is this from?

I dont remember seeing an infographic being posted anywhere.

The content meme needs to end
How much fucking ADD do you have that you can't just play a damn game just to play like a lot of old FPS games
Hell even vanilla TF2 which is held in high regard had nothing but replaying the same stuff and getting nothing

i'm requesting that people not post futa shit and then rethink their life

The lack of stat screen make it hard to establish which retard on your team is losing the game. Blaming the Hanzo as a general rule isn't a bad idea, most people can't play him for shit.

>see every argument to counter bastion is "you have to play X character under Y circumstance"
>there's no solid counter to him and it all depends on angles you can get at him, your ultimates, etc.

Are you for fucking real
Does counter play mean NOTHING to you?
I'm glad you're not going to be in my games holy shit

We won the game though..

i know what peekshotting is, too bad for the majority of characters doing such a thing will get you killed either by bastion or by his teammates anyway

remember you're literally taking like 5-10 seconds to kill something that is often behind all 5 of his other teammates, you'll get caught if you aren't playing against idiots

Widow ult is up though.

>Play Zarva one match
>What the fuck this is awful, her gun does like no damage whatsoever
>Play Zarya a second match because the first one was so awful and I had to be doing something wrong
>I completely neglected energy
>mfw burning through a roadhog in seconds flat with full charge

this is the best

Zarya is OP as fuck.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

what's the highest noon you guys have gotten

I wonder if the people crying about mccree suddenly ever ran into a half competent mei

Why would he try and fan his head through a wall?

Zarya actually rewards good tanking, pretty fun to play

how do you even get energy? the shields last like a second or even less if you actually get hit while they're up, and the energy accumulated goes away really fast.

to top it all off, her barrier cooldowns just feel a smidgen too long for me to get much out of her.

what am i doing wrong?

I want to marry D.VA!

that's a pretty high noon

lol

Well I got killed by Hanzo while I was doing it so if I count me then 1.

Mei
consensual sex
missionary position
lights on or off/hand holding optional

I'm level 46 and I haven't been able to pull off a High Noon with more than 1-2 people since level 20ish.

So now it's a 1 v 6 in their favor? Why can't you use your team too?
Please just uninstall.

4 on the napal point with the pit

>Autistic people have trouble learning and/or understanding time
>Often display bizarre focus on and around precision or perfection
>Fascination with shiny objects
Ah....McCree representing

do you not understand the difference you fucking geek? how is this so hard for you to understand?

if someone's playing widowmaker you pick reaper, he completely shits on her in every way imaginable. if someone's playing bastion, it's not just him that you have to consider, it's his entire team make-up, his position, and all of his team position.

literally if he just had his fucking head peek out from his back if you're a couple metres above him at range then he'd be balanced. there's no reason for him to block crits at the same time he outdamages every non ultimate in the game

Her energy drops really slowly man. You need to use the shields as you and an ally are taking damage, not while you're prepping to push or something.

Quick, post the best booty!

>his only counter is sound teamwork, and that is something that should only be necessary to counter OTHER sound teamwork.
and now you're bringing in THEIR "sound teamwork"?

Reaction? There was a lot of shit going on infront of him.

just kidding it's way too blatant
>shoots first 4-5 shoots at nothing showing he has bad reaction time after the enemy McCree died
>somehow instantly flicks and manages to land the final 1-2 shots on Reinhardt head (if he hadn't been behind a wall)

Because everyone else is dead and he's waiting for Rein to move.

Thanks Satan

She's much better on defense than offense, I think.

>femdom mercy who fucks you so hard you die of a heart attack
>revives you because she hasnt cum yet
>something else

be creative user

I may do snuff, I may do drugs, I may do expansion, and I may sexualize the hell out of a bipedal robot called a Bursa but I will NOT cater to your sick and perverted fetishes.
GOOD DAY.

obviously the only people who defend bastion are people who regularly play bastion
are you incapable of a discussion regarding him without bias?

he hides behind his team, 100% of the time, that is why you need to consider them at all times when fighting against a bastion. you however, do not hide behind your team at all times to counter bastion, sometimes even going around ALL 5 of his teammates to get to him.

do you understand yet?

>lol
What did he mean by this?

>it's a run into the cap zone one by one instead of going together episode

Because he was already in the middle of the fucking animation? Why wouldn't he start tracking the next and only target on his screen after the McCree is dead?

bastion being behind his teammates = not solid teamwork

you coordinating with your team specifically to counter bastion = solid teamwork

in one case, he does what he's built to do, as a solo player. in the other, you have to coordinate an assault to prevent him doing so. he has no input with his team.

if bastion wasn't broken, and was countered by everything people here said, he would be complete trash because that's half the character lineup. he'd never be picked, and he would always be killed immediately. he's not, he always is, and he isn't.

Not that guy, I play Bastion a bunch.

Bastion is shitty as all hell once you start playing against competent players.
>Bastion killing peaking players
Yeah no you just suck ass at peaking.

Depends on the map. I mostly play her (and DVa) on KotH maps. Reinhardt for pushing and defending chokes, Winston for attacking a payload or contesting points.

I actually think Zarya is viable on any map type as a secondary tank though, in a coordinated team I'm sure she's worth bringing in addition to your Winston/Reinhardt for her ult alone. Not to mention her ability to cheese tracer/DVa/junkrat ults.

Disagree. I've seen Zarya's wreck shit on offense, but I do agree her ult functions better defensively generally.

>and I may sexualize the hell out of a bipedal robot called a Bursa

Bastion, Bursa and Zenyatta threesome then?

>only people who defend bastion are people who regularly play bastion
Ya caught me, my secret main, so secret Blizzard doesn't even know

So right now your argument is how do you 1 v 6 bastion.

Forget uninstalling, kill yourself.

Any shots of Mercy's booty?

PEAK IS TOP OF A MOUNTAIN

PEEK IS SHOWING YOUR UGLY FACE AROUND THE CORNER FOR A SPLIT SECOND

Yeah I'm sure that magnet snap to Reinhardts head was totally calculated dude

>Play mei
>Other team sucks
>Get 31 kill/assisted kills
>2 ults that wipe their team

PoTG
>It's bastion one
>Plays a clip from some other game

I should have known

Not (you) but I think bastion needs a nerf. limit his swivel.

The whole "HE HAS A CRIT ON HIS BACK" doesn't matter if you just flick your wrist the moment you get touched as bastion

his team kills peaking players, i never said he did. i might've said he can ramp up enough damage to make them worry about it, though, because he sure can.

you've played an hour? ok

>mad about words

b a c k t o r e d d i t

I actually agree that Bastion can be pretty broken. His damage is high, sure, but I'd rather see them make it so he can only aim in an arc instead of 360°

you can peek as far as you have line of sight, his teammates shouldn't be killing you unless yours doesn't exist.
and no, he played 9 hours from the screenshot.

I think if they did that they'd have to do something to his recon mode, but again I don't play him so whatever. I'm just saying he can be handled.

>get potg as Roadhod
>people bitch about Roadhog being OP in the chat

Since when has this been a thing?

Roadhog is pretty OP, but you don't see him in PotG enough. you sort of have to walk through the whole enemy team with ult

He can one shot players, that's why people think he's OP.

>Play Turbopig
>Get POTG
>Hook a tracer and kill her instantly
>That's it.
>Nothing else happens

Why is POTG so bad at recognizing things?

>Not realizing how OP Roadhog is
He's ridiculous, utterly so. Shits out way too much damage and has way too many guaranteed kill chances on top of being able to heal himself. He's got no flaws other than he can't snipe but he's not a fucking sniper so whoopdeedo

McCree is disgusting
>Stun that's impossible to miss with
>Fan that instantly kills everything but tanks
>Can instantly reload and kill the tanks too
I don't play him that much because it feels so fucking dirty.

i never said you can't kill him through peeking, though. what i said was that you'd probably die doing it because he's a defence character, playing a game in which he and his team are defending, and he is always behind them, meaning the majority of the time, you'll be seen and dealt with. either doing it, or after doing it. then you die, and run back while he resurrects and replaces himself before you even get half way back.

+ my mistake

tell me what would be wrong with prevent bastion from turning around completely? why can he turn 360 degrees, and at full speed? his weakness is supposed to be getting flanked but he CAN quickly turn at normal speed and stop the flank.

image you're at the 2nd point on hanamura, he's on the left side of the spawn on defence. you have three ways to get to him, and he can see all of them. he's not impervious, but you will get fucking destroyed either by him, or by his teammates. and if you somehow manage to make it past him, nothing stops him from turning 360 degrees and gunning you down in 3 hits

Roadhog is pretty nuts and if not OP, he's one of the best heroes in the game.
>Good ult with point control and killing potential
>10/10 ganking ability with hook
>Most base health in the game
>Decent runspeed all things considered
>Incredibly quick 200 health self-heal
>unparalleled close range burst damage and decent ability to keep up at mid range with mouse2 and hook

translation:i just got killed a bunch by high noon man and I'm mad
probably a reaper player too

Dude the one character I think that does way too much is Junkrat

All he does is sit behind a wall and randomly fire. He doesn't have to aim and he holds down a choke point by spamming his grenades that do SHITLOADS of damage.

What was the reason for the day extension of the beta?

I'm the teammate you want on your team.

>no flaws
>enemy team ult cooldowns become 10 seconds

Besides that hes pretty nice

>people still don't understand that the game is balanced by everyone being imbalanced

How many dotards here? show of hands please