/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #450 - Good Future Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/396230/
tssznews.com/2016/05/09/tails-channel-sonic-the-hedgehog-25th-party-interview-with-aaron-webber/
en.sonicscanf.org/comics/sonic-the-hedgehog/120/
babynamespedia.com/start/m/the
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>50 threads to #500
Think we'll hit it before the reveal party, /sthg/?

I doubt it

Favorite Egg Boss and why?

They should be in the games, yes or no?

Who is the supposed 12th Egg Boss that will apparently show up later?

>They should be in the games, yes or no?
No.

Most game characters aren't even in enough games.

>Favorite Egg boss and why
Clove because she's got the most potential for interesting development
>They should be in the games, yes or no?
No. There's some game villains that need more time to shine. I'd rather see the BBA come back in a game before seeing the Egg Bosses
>Who is the supposed 12th Egg Boss that will apparently show up later?
Wendy. Eggman mentioned not having a 12th boss, so if this is going the same way as Scrambled, Wendy is coming along for the ride

I had a Bump and Sage related dream last night, /sthg/. Is this bad?

Maybe. I had a Sonic related dream a couple days ago. Weird as fuck.

That wasn't a water punch, it was an energy blast. You probably got confused by the shitty SFX quality.

Your time has come, user

>Wendy. Eggman mentioned not having a 12th boss, so if this is going the same way as Scrambled, Wendy is coming along for the ride
... Are you saying Wendy is Regina's reboot replacement? I don't know how to feel about that.

Well, she is a technology enthusiast.

I'm pretty sure it is. RIP user.
Tell the dream faggot

Not 100% saying that, but it's very likely. Especially considering that Naugus seems to be working alone in Shattered. Also Eggman did outright say they were on working terms before. Also Wendy's uniform is reminiscent of that of an Egg Boss

Fast

Slow

Bump gifted a doll of herself to Sage, then Sage used voodoo.

I feel so bad for Thunderbolt. She's a cutie on a collision course towards heartbreak.
It's only a matter of time before she's stored away paralyzed for failing one time too many.

... I repeat, I don't know how to feel about this. Her witchcart even looks like an Eggmobile. She's even a woman, so it'd fit with evening out the ratio.

Son of a bitch.

I feel like this was a drawfag request before.

And then Eggie and Wendy kissed and had a son named Nega.

Well, she's ugly enough.

I need a picture of Thunderbolt and Katella crying at their wedding.

>And then Eggie and Wendy kissed and had a son named Nega.
More like Wendy drugged Eggman and bore his kid much to Eggman's horror and Thunderbolt's despair

>fingernails
Shouldn't Sonic have blob fingers to go with his blob feet?

>she also has a crush on Eggman
Why is there so much evidence for this?

... Will this result in a "love" triangle? Cause I kinda doubt Thunderbolt is going to put up with that bullshit.

He's not a PowerPuff Girl

Are you sure?

>... Will this result in a "love" triangle? Cause I kinda doubt Thunderbolt is going to put up with that bullshit.
Remember how the pre-reboot became a harem anime with Sonic at the center? Now it's going to be a very self-aware harem anime with Eggman at the center who wants nothing to do with this

If Ken Penders were at charge, Wendy would have already raped Eggman several times, have five sons and a MUHRIA look-a-like, Thunderbolt would kill herself in the most bullshit yet unintentional hilarious way but brought back by ancient Echidna magik and turn everyone into cyborg abominations.

>Tundra secretly wants the Ivo impaler too

But that's wrong user. Penders would never let any of his female characters actually DO anything instead of stand in the background and cry about their man/try to do things but fail horribly

Wendy was possessed by some old new male evil at the time who then took over Thunderbolt. Fixed?

Imagine if Sonic Boom was as bad as the PPG reboot.

I forget, was it it Penders himself or one of his fans who claimed he's a feminist?

Yes. Also remove any personality and motivation they may have had and you're on the right track to being Penders

No me gusta

Penders himself. He also claimed that making Rotor gay somehow paved the way for Kevin Keller, even though he only stated it years after he stopped writing and his reasons for doing so are actually kind of offensive

Memes and animation errors galore!

The funny thing is that the PPG reboot ended up being exactly what I feared Sonic Boom would be before it aired.

That's kinda cute and mean!. What did she do with voodoo?

What did you fear Boom would be? I haven't watched PPG.

We need more Penders shipping then too. Like a love triangle with Cassia, Shard and Nicole who got a edgy sci-fi makeover in Spark of Life: Pender's Edition. Clove x Scourge, Sally x Razor and last but not least Blaze being the next Sally switching every two issues between Sonic, Silver, Knuckles, Omega, Shadow, Vanilla...while being a constant moody damsel who wants to kick her current lovers' ass for attention but ends up harming herself because she wants to be a good wife.

>Penders himself.
Does Ken not understand what feminism is? Because he'd doing it quite goddamned wrong.

>Rotor
Did making Rotor gay have something to do with him disliking violence or something stupid like that?

Basically a show that relies entirely on dated pop culture references with piss poor animation and trying to push a social agenda. Thankfully outside of poor fight animation, Boom ended up being none of that
I hate how spot on you are with all of it. Penders is the exact kind of hack who would do that. Honestly just for fun try to imagien Penderized versions of certain characters.

What would a Penders version of Silver or Clove be like for example?
>Did making Rotor gay have something to do with him disliking violence or something stupid like that?
No. It was to explain why he was so shy.

Also Penders doesn't understand anything, so why would he understand what feminism actually is?

>Like a love triangle with Cassia, Shard and Nicole who got a edgy sci-fi makeover in Spark of Life: Pender's Edition.
Oh God.

>No. It was to explain why he was so shy.
... Because shy=gay? What the fuck.

>Also Penders doesn't understand anything, so why would he understand what feminism actually is?
I suppose he wouldn't. Fuck, not to dickride here, but Ian has more cause to be called a feminist, since under his pen the female characters actually do things of substance.

>... Because shy=gay? What the fuck.
Don't question Penders logic. Also apparently he wanted to make Knuckles' half brother gay. Because reasons.

>I suppose he wouldn't. Fuck, not to dickride here, but Ian has more cause to be called a feminist, since under his pen the female characters actually do things of substance.
Don't tell that to Penders or his fans because they also think that Penders made Lara-Su into a "badass mom" in his M25YL. You know, the same mom that did nothing but sleepovers and pool parties while her husband was the only one who tried to stop the end of the fucking world

>Don't tell that to Penders or his fans because they also think that Penders made Lara-Su into a "badass mom" in his M25YL.
Dammit I meant Julie Su. Not like it matters since neither of them actually do shit in M25YL

>What would a Penders version of Silver or Clove be like for example?
Silver would be a self-righteous borderline villain who works with Sonic's enemies all the time, no matter how hard everyone tries to explain too him how much of a tool he is. No personality beyond being pissed and talking smart 24/7. And by smart I mean spewing more memes and cultural references than Aarron, because Penders is totally with it you guys!

Pender's Clove would a dominatrix who betrays everyone, even her sister. When Scourge is around she turns into a harmless trophy wife. Rival to Fiona of course.
Oh and Cassia acts like a mindless minion to her. Full robotiziced.

Silly torture in particular the chest area, then she put a string around its neck and hung it over her bed.

Fucking christ you nailed it

How bout Nephthys and Razor?

Background characters who do nothing but deliver exposition for three pages. Even Razor would just be there once in a while to make out with Sally and tell Sonic to stay away from her, or else he'll drown him.

>Also Penders doesn't understand anything, so why would he understand what feminism actually is?

Look up a comic called "Flare" on Comixology. Penders illustrated one or two issues. Very feminist, of course.

Whats the point of S-Ranks in Generations when they're so easy

Oh god Penders WOULD make Razor into a 2nd Geoffrey

user stop I had a mild aneurysm just reading that

Just seems like they fucked up the ranking, or assumed everyone is bad at Sonic games.

They must of looked at the reviewer footage for Unleashed

Since Veeky Forums loves to make trouble for indie devs, has anyone shown this to our litigious friend Mr. Penders? Note the title.

store.steampowered.com/app/396230/

No one cares.

Purple, purple everywhere

So, what's gonna happen to him?

Wave is underrated!

Wave is best girl.

Penders, fabric does not work like that

Which of Silver's sisters is the best?

need the source for that background image please

It's on the booru, just search one of the girls and you'll find them.

What kind of middle name is "The" anyway?

I had one just last night. I was walking into a random store and they had a bunch of comics for sale, one of them being the Archie Sonic comic. It had "Issue 120" written on it, and the cover art was nothing but an awkwardly drawn Sonic. I don't even know what the actual cover for the 120th issue looks like, not even remotely close to reading it either since I haven't started the comics yet.

Theodore

That's Sonic's middle name

Sonic Theodore Hedgehog

>Theodore
>Not Theodosius

I had one too a few months ago. It was recognizably Sonic-related, but otherwise it's too weird to explain here.

tssznews.com/2016/05/09/tails-channel-sonic-the-hedgehog-25th-party-interview-with-aaron-webber/

It's a sign to start your Archie Sonic adventure here: en.sonicscanf.org/comics/sonic-the-hedgehog/120/

>“Things that are being revealed are being saved for later dates”
>party is in July
I'm really starting to think we're not getting a Sonic Team game at all this year. Surely they'd at least tease something by now. Hell, it'll be the 3rd anniversary of Lost World's reveal in a week or so.

Maybe I'm just getting impatient. I hope I'm wrong.

HOPE IS DEAD

>No news on the console ports of Sonic 1 & 2 on mobile.
C'mon SEGA, why not?

>The “Chao Garden” experiment at the SXSW had the effect on Sonic Team that Aaron was looking for.
So what's the excuse gonna be when it doesn't return this time?

I have dreams like this a lot, but it's issues I've never seen before. Most of the stories seem like things from the Dark Ages but with amazing art. Wish I got the chance to read some and manage to remember them.

I'm guessing a mid-2017 release. Remember that line about a delay in the April Fools Big game?

Same, mine had a few Sonic characters in it, but most of it is just too hard to really describe and too many details forgotten. Though, I do remember one of the Sonic characters magically turned into Pajama Sam.

The brain is weird.

I will say that dream!Finivetus's evil plan was pretty clever. He managed to fool Sonic and Tails twice using hilariously contrived tricks that would've made Mephiles jealous.

Hell, I might go on if anyone's interested.

The Apple TV is a great console.

It better be fucking good. I don't think I can take it if it's not at least above average.

What about the others with "The?"

Theodore for all of them.

babynamespedia.com/start/m/the

Male characters have "Theodore". Female characters have "Theresa".

Shouldn't females be called Theodora?

Sounds dull.

B-but she was fine, r-right?

Her bumps weren't

Oh, don't get sappy, Silver. You would've never gotten a peek, anyway.