/fog/ - Fallout General

Chocolate Edition

>CK
youtube.com/watch?v=hdGr8MH4pPU

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA
>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread (no Buffscales allowed)
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

WITNESSED
Good job, thanks for playing.

I really don't give a shit about buffscale. I don't have any animosity towards him at all, and I appreciate his porting. If he acts like an idiot, call him out, otherwise there's no need.

Post yfw you saw the Red Death.

WITNESSED
It really is shocking nobody made one earlier, especially since they actually made Max armors and the damn grenade spears.

Is that the standard issue Indian power armour?

I can tell by how it's not in the loo.

I wanted to take it home and use it as a night light

It IS the loo.

>finally start my survival character
>decide to be out of character for me by making my character actually me since I never play me
>horseshoe bald, beard and glasses it is then
>get out of the vault
>awww yeeeaaahhh the immersion!
>spend an hour or two running around gathering supplies
>barely leave the redrocket area because running back and forth iwth shit

How do I learn to give up my material desire and break my looting habits?

I thought that thing was a chastity belt at first with the nose thing being a keyhole.

Also that guy is just shitposting trying to make me mad, he admitted it last thread.

Companion mod when? I wanna take it home

>can actually model
>want to try my hand at making more realistic than what i have as i haven't explored much outside of the slightly cartoony artstyle i have worked with
>fallout 4 would be perfect
>my comp is too shitty to run fallout 4
I guess i could try getting the geck somehow, but i dont own fallout 4 on pc and pirating the software to make mods feels weird.
I plan on upgrading soon, so i guess i will just try my hand then.

I am going to rape that Imp.

Team up with a modder and make models for the.
You'll be doing gods work.

nice blog, I'm sure your cartoony shit would look great in this semi-realistic game

What can I do about the "LOOKUP FAILED!" errors in my game? I'm playing survival mode modded.

only pick up important light shit, invest on scrapper perk so you can break down weps/armor for good important materials

I am intrigued.

You gotta do what you gotta do, y'know?

More progress. Coming along damn well.

I don't

Ive been thinking about finding someone, but i can't agree to a timeline of any kind with the way my life us atm so its sat on the back burner.
But with an official content creation system out i am tempted.
My second line was about trying to branch out.
How is blender sculpting working for you?
Ive never tried it out much myself, but i have heard that its a pain most of the time.
But thats second hand knowledge from years ago.

Hey dude, I have a request if you wouldn't mind making it.

Krieg Gas mask? I have some references here. If you don't want to I have some I could use anyway, but would be cool.

>what can I do?
I hear ya, what can you do.
>no, seriously, I'm asking: what can I do?
Right on, brother, right on.

It's up to Buffscale. He can use the one he removes from Ulysses' face or simply port the standalone (read: that can be looted / equipped by the player) version - in theory, they're the same. I think it wouldn't be too much hassle to do it as well, but again, it's up to him.

>horseshoe bald
Just accept the fact and shave it, bro. Unless you're part of that very few man who looks better with it than being bald.

realize the only reason you are picking up all that junk is for settlements. realize settlements are pointless busy work and youve probably built your dream deathfortress already in another file.
without fast travel settlements are annoying places that give you fetch quests you wont get to in time.
embrace life as a murderhobo who only needs more ammo.
we call of duty now

There's a billion gas mask models out there, just port it. If you really want I can put an eagle on the helmet.

had a sensible chuckle

I was planning on just doing Ulysses face mask from his nif. I think I have that extracted somewhere.

I do shave it, otherwise I look like a dad which is depressing. But there's no time to shave in the wasteland.

>a murderhobo who only needs more ammo.
The quintessential WRPG experience.

Okay. Yeah I ported a FO3 Krieg mask but I figured one made by you would be even better. But its fine, I'm not gonna be picky with how the end result looks.

I forgot about the texturing part, that might have been an issue.

>How is blender sculpting working for you?
It's gotten way better. I'm just too lazy to go back to mudbox, and blender is generally more versatile. Once you get used to jumping in and out from low to high poly, without switching programs, it becomes a habit.

That said, it has some problems. Limited brushes, problems with maintaining manifold meshes, poor utilities and absolutely atrocious retop being some of them. Still, I think, works 90% of the time, and it has most of the features most other sculpting programs do nowadays anyways.

Are there any mods that allow quest items to be transferred to containers or dropped? It's a real pain in the ass to remove them using console commands.

That mask is fine, I won't do much better. The problem is the shit texture and nonexistent normals. That's the problem with 90% of ports. If you want, I can bake a normal for you, but that's all you need.

Sounds cool.
Ill try it out at some point.
Fucked about with zbrush, but importing and exporting and trying to keep maps the same was getting stupid so i just stopped.

Eh its fine, I dunno if I'll use that one much anyway. After I port all the gas masks in Dragbody's stuff I'll just pick the one I like the most. Another user actually made a texture for me, but it looked waaaayy too gritty.

I want to wear the Captain cap with it anyway.

Best way to get cement?

Sex mods when

Do you have wasteland workshop? Most vendors now sell shipments on concrete.

Neat.

Getting the itch to start modding again, what plugins/apps do I get for modelling, editing textures, and packing them into .BSAs?

Heh.

>Make gun that fires hand grenades
>You now have NV's Grenade machinegun back

Probably on hold since they have sfm models.

Yeah I got workshop. That sounds expensive though.
Any areas that are specifically full of cement by any chance?

raid nicks vault fuckload of concrete laying around or just buy it wasteland workshop made shipments cheap

Shipments of concrete are like 300 caps iirc

I have like 30,000 concrete now

Until someone replaces Fore we aren't getting any animations

this needs to happen

I need the deathclaw arms and feet mod first

Hopefully LL will deliver

Radical cheers.

If someone doesn't make a lesbian deathclaw sex mod in the future I'll be waay disappointed.

Thanks for giving me the mental image of Nora and a Deathclaw matriarch scissoring.

you know what I realized about why the Gunner's feel shallow?

Because they don't apparently have the community Raiders have.

You take down Beantown Brewery and later read up about the thoughts of other raider gangs in other holdouts through the Commonwealth.

But if you roll the Gunner's Plaza, killing their entire inner circle of commanders, none of the other Gunners make a damn peep about it.

How tricky would it be to mod in different Gunner locations reacting to their buddies getting wiped out?

I had cleared out Quincy and was reading Clint's terminal and thought "You know what would be satisfying? If he took notice of other Gunner locations getting cleared and getting increasingly paranoid about the return of the Minutemen and them coming for revenge."

aren't animations in fo4 easier to work with than in skyrim anyways?

I don't know why Bethesda insist on implementing everything in such a shallow way. Compare raiders across games, both Fallout 3 and 4 just use them as generic enemies to shoot. But in Fallout 1, 2, and NV you can actually interact with certain groups.

No idea, I think Fore quit because it was even more complex. Or perhaps he just didnt want to fuck with it again.

Easier != Easy.

Give it time, someone is probably working on it right now.

>just starting out in survival
>looting sanctuary for comfy new clothes to wear
>nothing but dresses in every house

What is this game trying to tell me?

I'm surprised you havent modded in furries yet. Is that phase behind you?

How/when does surplus get put in my workshop, /fog/?

Always hearing people say to make water farms but it's not working for me. 7 settlers, 43 water but purified water never increases in my workbench. Consolefriend on survival if that matters.

Help me /fog/, you're my only hope.

has anyone seen the Ghoul Whale in Far Harbor yet? I don't think it actually exists.
neither have I seen the giant squid

I checked the meshes in FH. There is no whale or squid.

seriously? damn.

If there is its well hidden somewhere and not in the actors folder.

Some storytellers just like having a generic badguy they can always fall back on.

I mean it's kind of like how I used to insist on headcanoning Voldemort as this tragic, fallen-hero figure when he's meant to be a fairly shallow, one-dimensional villain. And that's fine for some stories.

Admittedly, with the terminal entries and various battle commentary ("don't you die on me!" etc.) giving better depth to the raiders, it does make it a shame you can't basically subdue them without violence (naturally, there would be some who would not be talked down) and generally expand on quirks, motifs, themes, and gimmicks of each raider cell.

Naturally all this could apply for gunners too.

I still want my Pirate Raiders who are surprisingly brotier.

To raiders, the player is the bad guy

0-4 Play Fallout 4

5-9 Play Witcher 3

anyone else here /gave up on fo4 and went back to replaying new Vegas/?

Welp

>I don't know why Bethesda insist on implementing everything in such a shallow way.
If you think the Gunners as they are now are how Bethesda intended them to be you're fucking high.

They reek of another faction that was cut for time/budget reasons.

Nope

From my point of view the raiders are evil!

How does that change that they're a shallow implementation?

>Beryozka
muh dick.
All I need is someone to rustle up some Partizan. I'd love Partizan pants and a Beryozka top for the 'Rebel' Armour. We got any texture artists in the thread?

Nora confirmed canon.

T-they didn't include it in the beta so it wouldn't be spoiled for r-release!
Shame we can't clomp around on the seafloor fighting giant fish with a harpoon gun

>tfw never beat new vegas because it got boring, but beat fo4 twice

>that raider who wants her little sister back
>murder her and all her crew
>hunt down her sister and murder her too

SS confirmed for stuff of raider nightmares.

Rollin'

>Rocket Raccoon model on Steam

Welp I know another thing I'm portin to the game.

It doesn't. I'm just pointing out that no developer goes into a project wanting to half-ass things.

I beat FNV three times tbqh and FO4 only once

Her sister is already dead by the time the ss steps in.
The guy at the bottling plant accidentally killed her, then dumped her body in a vat and faked the letters for a time.

Actually, the little sister was sadly already dead before they got there. The other raider killed her and tossed her corpse into the beer vats.

But what about the farmers they attack? How could they be badguys?
>Be a raider
>Don't want to work on a farm
>But don't want to start
>I know! I'll just force these farmers to give me their food without giving them anything in return!
>WHY ARE THEY ATTACKING ME WHEN I SHOT THEIR KIDS? WHAT THE FUCK! THESE PEOPLE ARE BLOOD THIRSTY MONSTERS!

Please don't

Fucks sake why do furries need to cram their fetish into everything they do

>Another space ship crash
>This one's old and cold
>Hear about a splinter gunner group
>Find that fucker leading them
>Kill his gang and convince him to join you as a companion.

But what guns would he use? Some kind of Super Laser or Super Plasma Cannon?

Or maybe just an anti-tank rifle?

Why don't we get yells like
"It's him!/her! To arms! Fight for your life!"
I would call my SS a Dan Gunn.

I dunno, I was thinking of giving him a fully upgraded Gauss rifle. Even setscaled to 0.5 it would still be a large gun. Or similar gun.

I just want settlers that call me boss

>Called my PC Caesar
>Can't remember if Codsworth said it or not

Is my name canon or no

Raiders at Libertaria are a pretty good example how raiders get to their existance.

Why is the Raider boss at Libertalia the ONLY synth raider in the game

Maybe the Raiders are on to something

>that brony on bethesda.net that unironically uses the word 'everypony' in the description to his mod

I can't imagine what it'd be like if everything I did revolved around my fetish for bandages, eyepatches and amputees.

there is the gangs being led by coursers

oh, right, Gauss Rifle. That'd be perfect.

I dunno, why do Warhammer 40k fans try to cram themselves into everything? Why do Touhou fans? TF2? Star Wars? Star Trek? Doctor Who? My Little Pony? Harry Potter? The Elder Scrolls? Steven Universe?

The answer is simple: people think "oh, I like X and Y. Maybe if I add them, they'll be even better together!" Some some do find it enjoyable.

Furry seems much broader because it's not a series or franchise, but a general concept of anthropomorphic animals with it's concepts dating back to pretty much the beginnings of humanity. Shit, I think furry is practically Biblical. Didn't Adam try to fuck the animals in the Garden of Eden before God made (Lilith, who had standard and would not sleep with a man who fucked animals, and then made) Eve.

Man, a better reputation system would be awesome for this game.
>knocked out shitloads of raider and gunner bases
>They greet you with shouts like "oh, shit! It's him/her!" and some will even fall to their knees and surrender, dropping all their weapons too.

Casuals who hate RPG's detected.

>everything I did revolved around my fetish for bandages, eyepatches and amputees.

... I got nothing.

It does bug me too how there's only one instance of finding synths among random NPCs.

Especially since it seemed implied that Captain Wes of the Gunners got replaced by a Synth or something given others were complaining about his sudden, erratic behavior in terminals.

Shit, I know I'd also love to make a few small mods that reveal Gunners are secretly employed by The Institute. (thus, the hateon for the Minutemen, they're under orders to prevent a Commonwealth Provisional Government from getting off the ground again)

Figure it'd just be a few terminal entries with select Gunner commanders, maybe have a few synth components, also add in a fer terminal entries in the Institute, and voila.

Maybe the Institute send out Synths with edgy programming to become raider leaders - and weaken the settlers and everyone else, also to play boogeyman and eventually, depict Institute as good guys.
I guess, the plan backfired at some point.

This, please.
Raider leaders and Gunners.

Good idea that would actually make sense, Bethesda would never go for it.