/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=fire emblem fates special edition cia
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues/82
3dbrew.org/wiki/11.0.0-33#Process9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

11.1 when

Fuck, I've been putting off hacking my N3DS. Is it too late if I've already downgraded?

>11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

So if i want to turn my emunand into armloaderhax i shouldn't update emunand?

Had a thought the other day, Nintendo occasionally does pre-loading.

What's stopping someone from downloading a preload, messing with the data or something and just playing the game?

Nothing, this is exactly how we got some .cias very early. I think Triforce Heroes was one of them.

Reread the sentence again until you can reply to yourself.

Ah, neat. Would be cool if this happened with Sun/Moon

it's fine as long as you're on 9.2 or lower

if you're on 9.3 or higher, you only have one shot at downgrading until a workaround is found for 11.0

Would a 256MB SD card work for installing Smashstack?

The is the only SD card I have that's smaller than 4 GB.

So can I use Loadiine for Gamecube/Wii games as well?

Then we're all good here, my dude. I was one of the people who was indecisive as fuck about which firmware to use and decided to just downgrade and wait it out until one came out on top.

Sucks for anyone who didn't downgrade when they had the chance, but given 10.6 and 10.7 required CN or OoThax I guess the general audience has already been more or less locked out anyway.

Doesn't the armloaderhax conversion involve downgrading emunand first and copying it over to sysnand after? Is that not affected by 11.0?

O3ds rxtools 11.0 with ctrmanager autoboot here, how should I go about making the switch to luma?

Even then you don't necessarily need to update all the way through

You can just make a backup before updating to 11.0 just in case something goes wrong.

RTO faggot

Because the preload data is encrypted with a key that isn't released until launch day. Pretty sure is pulling things out of his ass and we got those games from leaked review copies or some other source.

No need to be like that, maybe he just didn't know what he meant by "preload".

Read the Plailect guide.

Come on user, I didn't even call him a faggot.

What exactly did the update do?
I know whoever wasn't a late fag is safe but to those who haven't installed CFW?

I had a moment of panic when I realized that I'd have to upgrade back to 11.0 after OTP and couldn't do A9LH, but then I remembered you make a firmware backup prior to that. Disaster averted, good thing I downgraded.

c-can we call him a faggot together, s-senpai?

So all I have to do to update to Luma3DS from rxtools is literally just copy some files over and switch boot.3dsx files? How do I make 100% sure I'm on Luma3DS? It feels like it was too simple and I did something wrong. It does boot fine though, I just wanna be sure.

anyone kind enough to share cia for FE Fates SE?

Ntr still works?

I'm guessing there's no way to play EUR Wii U backups on an American Wii U in Loadiine, correct? Trying to find Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water, but I keep finding the European version of it.

So, I forgot to turn back on my tubehax dns and my 3DS auto-downloaded the update. I should still be able to back-up emunand and let it update once I turn it back on, right?

If you have a 10.2 firmware.bin, yes

Are you kind enough to look in the pastebin?

Do I really need to spoon feed it to you?

I'm looking right now and finding nothing
please user I've been looking for hours

Do Gamecube ISOs from Emuparadise work with Nintendont?

>for hours
Your ability to lie is matched only by your incompetence.
>finding nothing
and your ability to see

No clue if is 10.2. All I know is that mine works on 10.7 in luma3ds.

is there a way to play gc games? or no?

You cant be serious... here.

lmgtfy.com/?q=fire emblem fates special edition cia

On 3ds? Nah. Wonder if its even possible

not that user but I'm ok when I just let my emuNAND sit on 10.7 before doing a9lh right?
or does the
>update your emuNAND to the latest version if it's not already
still apply even tho 11.0 is out?

I'm going to give it another day or so for everything to be updated before I continue, and you probably ought to do the same. We've waited this long, no sense rushing now.

If you still have the FIRMs.7z lying around, anything in the NTR folder should be good.

Yep

If I'm on >cakes, do I lose any functionality by updating to 11.0? What breaks for cakes?

you know that i meant wii u.

Loadiine enables region free.
Some games don't support foreign consoles though. These are mostly Japanese games on English consoles.

Anyone?

>cakes

Yeah you're probably right.
I just felt like rushing since the Terraria update is coming out in two days and I really wanted to give Frostmoon a shot
Thanks for saving my ass dude

Yes.

anyone?

If Nintendont is for Gamecube games then what app do I need for Wii games?

How do I confirm that I'm on Luma3DS?

Wiiflow

I'm having problems running Mario Party 10 Eur on a US WiiU, blackscreen everytime.

>booting Luma for the first time it gives you a menu to pick options from
>in case you took "show current nand" your emuNAND should say Emu in system settings
>holding select on boot gets you into Luma's menu

So I updated my N3DS and lost my booting animation, I'm on AuReiNAND.
I dont have access to a computer at the moment, so it will have to wait.
My question is, do I have to redownload anything to make it work again?

Is it safe to update to 11.0 on Luma3DS EmuNAND?

What happens if you update the firmware if you completed the hacking guide?

No

What happens if you read the OP?

If I have a9lh installed, and I want to transfer all my shit to a new sd card, can I just copy paste everything?

Yes/No?

Is there a way to remove the update prompt when a new firmware is released?

Anyone have a mario kart ds Altwfc USA rom? I don't have a pc to patch it

updating

If you're not using emunand, yes.

Otherwise you need to move the emunand too.

Check the pastebin, fampai.

just upgraded luma3ds from 5.2 to 5.4 and countless CIA's later final fantasy explorers still won't work past the first conversation.

does anyone know how to stop it from freezing to a black screen?

What CFW are you using?

What happens if I forgot to back up extdata but all my games are physical cartridges anyway? I know MH uses extdata for saves, but do I have anything to worry about with the other big Nintendo titles (IE: Mario games, New Leaf, Pokemon)?

>tfw was going to hack 3DS after exams

rip

I never had any trouble with FFE

Here's an easy solution: Don't play FFE; it's fucking dogshit.

It varies from game to game. Most don't use it at all.

nevermind i just fixed it.

i'd report the bug to Aurora if i knew how.

fix:
On Luma3DS hold select on boot and disable the New3DS CPU check on Clock+L2, this will allow you to pass the intro on FF Explorers.

You can save immediately in town and reboot the 3DS to re enable the Clock+L2 setting.

It only crashes after you talk to the girl in the beginning i think.

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues
that's your best bet as I don't think Aurora has been here for a while after all these stupid developer bitch fights

To report a bug:

>Go here github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues
>Click New Issue
>Create account or log in
>Describe problem, explain steps to reproduce problem

I am thinking about 3DS homebrew. Is the N3DS ideal or is 3DSXL?

I don't think that's a bug. Some games just do not play well with the N3DS clock and/or L2 because they were never intended to.

why would you want anything but latest firm if you have a9lh? the only reason i can think of is laziness

Super late, but likely because your FIRM sectors are being blocked by your CFW and you should try a different CFW like Cakes or Luma3DS to disable it so you can actually downgrade.

>it was too simple
>it was really rxtools that was too shit all along
>yfw

Ninjhax and OOThax were temporarily patched.

Can you use the gamecube adapter with cube games on a hacked wii u?

downgrading is also patched, but we've yet to confirm if it is truly fixable or not

Don't have a9lh yet, m80. I downgraded but was indecisive about whether I should use aurei or cakes, so I decided to just wait and see if one becomes preferable over another.

yes

yes, even with menuhax it doesn't matter. use luma3ds, put the ntr firmware.bin in it (included in part 5 of the guide) and you're good to go (but a9lh is still worth the effort imo)

Both are fine.

>put the ntr firmware.bin in it
er whoops, I meant "in the /luma/ folder"

n3ds is better at emulation if you care about that, but it's also much faster at installing warez and navigating the home menu. you can also overclock games and stream video using the stackable custom firmware (CFW) NTR (but audio must be streamed separately)

no fuck you

Well N3DS has streaming to your PC via a plugin, as well as SNES games, faster cpu which can be properly utilized in games with NTR, and better emulation. O3DS should be fine but keep in mind the couple of perks N3DS has

>github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues/82
reading through this at the moment and don't really understand what all of this means
what exactly is the nand header and how is it lost through downgrading?
did anyone on here actually ever backed these things up or has ever had the described problem?

Cool. Is the build quality and screen quality better on N3DS? I hear XL squeaks and pixelizes graphics. I wonder if it can do Genesis emulation

If I have the Homebrew Launcher CIA installed on my A9LH, should I hold off on updating until yellows8 comes up with an otherapp payload for 11.0?

Can I still play smash and monster hunter online if i'm on 10.7 luma?

Did nintendo fix it so you have to be on the latest version?

just rename the 10.7 payload and it'll work fine

i guess, it's really simple to fix though: just rename your hblauncher_loader payload so its filename matches the new version string in system settings

oh cool thanks. Off to make a NAND backup before updating.

guys i havent used my o3ds since i got a gateway for it to play japanese games

if i wanted to transfer saves from the gateway emunand to the new fancy cfw, i can use that jk's savemanager in the faq right?

iirc my emunand is 10.X while my sysnand is 9.2

yes, but realize, after setting up a9lh, you won't be able to use your gateway unless you keep your emunand or sysnand at 9.2 firmware. you can update the other one, though

Yes, but keep in mind it works as a generic input device (you can use xinput/ps3/4 controllers in the same way) so you can't use the GC-GBA link cable(Tingle Tuner) or shit like that.

3ds 11.0 downgrading is truly patched

3dbrew.org/wiki/11.0.0-33#Process9