/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 10th:
1801 – First Barbary War: The Barbary pirates of Tripoli declare war on the United States of America.
1924 – J. Edgar Hoover is appointed first Director of the United States' Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and remains so until his death in 1972.
1933 – Censorship: In Germany, the Nazis stage massive public book burnings.
1940 – World War II: Germany invades Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
1940 – World War II: Winston Churchill is appointed Prime Minister of the United Kingdom following the resignation of Neville Chamberlain.
1940 – World War II: Invasion of Iceland by the United Kingdom.
1941 – World War II: The House of Commons in London is damaged by the Luftwaffe in an air raid.

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Stellaris Empire Generator
stellarisspeciesgen.com

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

This is the wrong OP.
You used the meme one with the typos and the hidden dick.

>no way to pick starting locations
>just want a comfy playthrough with my GF where we start next to each other and help each other out
>we keep spawning as far away as possible

6.3/10 desu

Does anyone actually check the OP image though?

use the other thread.

Is there a basic anglo name list yet? I'm making the American Empire, and I need some non Hispanics tbqh familia

that's what you get for being normie scum
fucking kill yourself jesus

I know I'm not supposed to feel hype anymore, but its shit that im now more excited for the feature selector in CK2 than a new game of stellaris.

Dude just delete the namelists that you don't want and rename them in order that's all that you need to do.

Proper thread

>non-hispanic names
>america

>It doesn't have history to carry it either

you mean
>there's no groBgermaniums to replay 9001 times

>wrong infographic OP

nah

No it isn't. That's the trational one. This si the one without the misspells.

is Stellaris any good? I play other /gsg/ games (Cuck Kings II, Vicky 2) but this is obviously quite a bit different being fantasy

alt+225. 1st keyboard shortcut I ever learnt ß

Indeed, but no one has made one with AGeod games and War in the East in it.

No, it's boring, repetitive and unreplayable.

>without the misspells
>sustem right there for Stellaris

Its as barebones as March of the Eagles, just a lot more randomly generated and with more genocide.

I am hoping completely for a HIP, NNM, or GoT tier mod to salvage this shit.

Play a game where she's sitting on your dick the whole time, she can use a laptop or something.
No, he means there's no history to carry it so roleplaying feels empty, especially with the nonextant diplomacy and internal politics and lack of a leader family tree or even consistent dynasties in monarchies.
It also means that unlike other games, where you can safely get an entirely new experience more or less by starting somewhere else, it's literally the same, Civilization, in Stellaris.

>No, he means there's no history to carry it so roleplaying feels empty

It's on the same tier as your made-up bullshit when you play Vicky2/EU3

Guys help I'm bad at grand strategy games

How do empires like blue&teal grow so big? I can't colonize any more planets and if I go any bigger I'll go into negative influence.

So I'm reposting the question, anyone knows if there are any hotkeys for zooming or if there even an option to change them by softcoding?
It's fucking impossible to play on a laptop.

>q key was broken for years
>never thought of using alt-codes but rather used on screen keyboard for the rare times I needed to type q

Dear /gsg/,

You currently have 3 active generals. You are cluttering the Veeky Forums. Please delete one or more of your active generals to make space for other users. Failure to do so will result in a mass reporting of all /gsg/ threads for up to 2 weeks. Thank you.

Ai gets cheat buffs to minerals energy and influence and can run a large defecit. you cant

q/e

check options

They cheat, I have the same problem.

There isnt one AI empire after 100 years of gameplay that isnt superior to me, and all i do is research military

That's not a grand strategy game you're playing.

that's actually a bug in the current patch. To fix it just go to the game folder in and click unistall.exe and follow the instructions on screen

Turn off advanced AI start, otherwise you'll have a few of those around.

this one was posted first, the other one will probably be deleted by the janny.

So consensus is Stellaris is currently shit

how long till someone adds RP and sexy space babes?

AI cheats. You can check it with the console.

Its why its a waste of time to destroy their mining stations and such. They don't care about resources. The just build what they want to whether they have the money or not.

im the opposite. after my 1st war, about 5 years in I am then unbeatable to all but fallen empires and unbidden. The AI gets buffs but is coded to be utterly retarded. Indeed, the AI will literally build 10x less energy production than is needed.

q does seemingly nothing, e only changes global to local map but it doesn't zoom
and there is no hotkeys in options somehow

You can go for historical goals and actually roleplay, Byzantium the meme RP has missions all the way through Renovatii Imperii and it actually makes sense.
Stellaris has nothing, it doesn't even have meaningful traits or anything.
They cheat, AI often runs massive deficits in everything (like I'm talking -60 energy by 2240) and still builds fuckloads of shit you can't fuck their economy at all.

Yes it is. Look at the OP :^)

>Xenophobic Bigot
Interstellar SJWs are on my case

I can't read it with all the jpeg artifacts

holy shit the janny just deleted the other thread.

It's official. This is the new infopic. The janny said so himself.

No consensus is that it's pretty good. It's just you gsg cunts and ign who hate it.

RP is probably just going to be events
There's a cheshire cat mod on the workshop already, she's hardly spess but then again smugcat isn't really terrestrial either depending how you interpret Alice in Wonderland.
They'll always do that if you're a xenophobe, and in this game the massive AI cheats make them actually dangerous since tactics matter precisely nothing.

>he picked repugnant and xenophobic

You're going to get de_stroyed lad

So since AI cheats it's better to turn off the advanced AI, right?

>No consensus is that it's pretty good.
What, KC was negative about it and so is /gsg/

>byzantium has mission, stellaris is empty

DLC

STEAMGROUP BTFO

This is for betraying the shitposters cobra

I'd put it on 1 or 2 so you have a lategame enemy to fight.

This game cries out to autists, i have some hope in the modding community.

FYI all, the AI cheats because its fucking dog shit at legitmate play. Once you get gud, which is about 5-10 hours, you will absolutely steamroll the AI really really fast.

>Xenophobic Bigots: -20
>Xenophilia: +20

I guess this explains why SJWs are so cool with genocidal, racist, mass murdering Muslims and Somalians invading their countries.

Any kind soul that has the Stellaris OST that could upload it for a thankful user?

never forget

Its good like a risk board is good, but that doesnt make for an engaging timesink to use for the next 5 years.

Every empire around me has 3x my naval capacity and 6x (oddly) my actual naval numbers.

>No consensus is that it's pretty good
>6.3

and if you edit your core planets up, you will win even faster, because it looks like the sector ai control was implemented simply to handicap the player through AI mismanagement

>hidden dick
what is this meme?

It will take a week for the shills to go away

EU4 or Stellaris for a beginner? I just don´t know.
EU4 with the DLC costs 100€ on Steam. Stellaris only 30€.

you can slaughter larger fleets by combining mixed weapon types with long range behind/backing up the short range. so missles and mass drivers bascially. send in the guns first, then follow up with missile barrages. yoiu will defeat stacks 2-3 times your size

How about you read the OP you nigger

Stellaris is going to have 100€ worth of DLC too, eventually.

Depends on your autism. Do you want fantasy space nazis or ahistorical nazis?

EU4 since Stellaris isn't GS, just a bland 4x game

What do you mean edit, like with cheats or what?

CK2 is easy AND once you master it you can get involved in the RP mechanics.

EU4, since it actually has some replayability.

someone directed me here to /gsg/ and mentioned something about a Großgermanium mod for stellaris

anyone know something about said mod?

How do you keep your missile ships from not ramming other ships with their missiles?

I tried to do this and my two groups just ended up colliding with each other against the enemy.

changing 5 numerical values in a text document m8. check last thread. search for core

>armor not as effective against missles as it is against kinetic weapons

u wot

define grand strategy

last warning bud

It's the mod that gives everyone germanic portraits and germanic names while playing as humans

im sure some user has it

Eu4 if you want to get into gsg games, stellaris if you like 4X games.
>EU4 with the DLC costs 100€ on Steam
Buy the base game and pirate the DLC.
It's what I imagine most of us do.

hmm maybe user wanted a "bland" "4x" "game" and not grand strategy, but since we are not allowed to have a stellaris general, we have to come here?

>Großgermanium mod for stellaris
the autists will never be contained to one cancer

i try to do this (if this makes sense)

Guns Enemy Guns

Missiles

Can you use pirated DLC with a legit steam copy?

Can you play multiplayer with pirated DLC?

stellaris is in the infopic and the jannies deleted your gay little anti old infopic thread

its official. Stellaris is grand strategy

> It's what I imagine most of us do.
Speak for yourself, you pedophile.

What are some good/effective fleet compositions? (i.e. laser focused corvettes, mass-driver cruisers etc)

yes

oh great, Veeky Forums formatting strikes again

guns-enemy-guns

--------missiles---------

>having to post in 3 different threads as they are being abandoned

hi, i like strategy games so i pirated a bunch of 4x, playing SP, eventually wanting to purchase if the game is good enough.
Civ 5 is great but combat is dumb and slow as hell, also there is a lot of passivity through the game.
Endless space AI was horrible, even more than the average video game AI, and the game looked terribly unbalanced.

is stellaris good? what can you tell me about it that would make it seem enjoyable ,and not just a big bunch of upgrades for my empire,?
does it run on toasters?

Well, zoom keys still not found, I guess no stellaris for me untill I replace my broken mouse, since it's impossible to play on a laptop pad.
Thanks paracucks.

Ty. So i will start with EU4 with pirated Dlc´s if i find them.

>we are not Allowed
Yes you are

Do you even think before you post?

meant to say anti stellaris old infopic

>does it run on toasters?
no

that's exactly what I want. where can I get it?

I guess I should start shitting out colonies to the galactic north. I vassalized those shits to the galactic south so now I'm pretty much unopposed and drowning in resources.

>if i find them.
Check the Archive in the OP.

Yes, I guess so. It's been the same for all PDX games.

Stellaris has the same /dlc folder in the root directory. With games like CK2/EU4, dropping the DLC into the folder and running an activator .exe file would enable the DLCs. Can't speak for MP compatibility though.

right now its not good. and when it is, it'll cost you 100 EUR to buy the game. best bet is either pirate the lot, or buy base game (youll regret this for a number of months, until dlc come out) and pirate DLC

im getting a good framerate on an intel hd 3000, seems toaster friendly on my end, but a lot of people are having fps issues

mega.co.nz/#!BxczTKSL!dI5-p9V3t81D4FCgvX6KdcFcESL7rMQKys2qEmz2IIQ