Has Islam always been a violent religion in the history of civilization?

Has Islam always been a violent religion in the history of civilization?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence#United_States
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Patriarchs_massacre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_genocide
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Muhammad
m.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg
m.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/3srdq9/the_moderate_side_of_islam/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_career_of_Muhammad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's about as violent as any other Semitic religion.

Here we fucking go again, can't you fucking see how retarded you sound?

Now let's look at the loving comments Christians left for the Orlando Shooting victims...

Yes who could forget all the atrocities carried out in the name of Judaism and Christianity in the last 20 years.

>Christian violence in Africa doesn't count.
Let me guess: that's because they are Africans, right? Not Christians? Nope.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence#United_States

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_of_the_Patriarchs_massacre

Funnily enough if you looked it up you'd find that the majority of hateful comments came from Muslims.
Thanks for proving my point

M8 they're africans they shouldn't count in any of the religious kill scores

This.

The semetic religions are inherently violent... One need only look at their respective texts to see that.

>Muh Christians are never violent.
>Nuh_uh
Same semitic asshole, different shit.

>a few deaths here and there
>""""atrocities"""""
Both of them pale compared to Muslims, and that's even excluding 9/11

How about you fking kill yourself you cherrypicking agenda cunt

You can't fucking say Islam is as violent as other semetic religions, when there is literally a weekly terrorist attack in the name of islam at the moment.

You can't fucking say that, it's a blatant lie.

>20 years
Do the Balkans count?

>in the last 20 years.
But OP said "in the history of civilization"

Never said they were completely innocent, but you'd have to be an idiot to think they're the equal of Islam
They were ethnic, not religious. It's just that each ethnic group strongly identified with a certain religion

When will Veeky Forums realize that being a fedora atheist is part of the problem?

Behold!
Bait!
Does OP have any OC?
Probably not.

The answer is yes.
Read:
"After the Prophet: The Epic Story of the Shia-Sunni Split in Islam" (2009) by Lesley Hazleton
>pic related

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_genocide

> a few deaths here and there

Islam just has the guts.

You guys are just limited to being assholes in the internet but deep down you wish you could kill all gays/muslims and put women in their rightful place.

> They were ethnic, not religious

Oh sure, when Christians are the perpetrators we can relativize to no end.

First of all, that's a lie

Second of all, I'd rather have 1000 people thinking of murdering someone, than 1 person actually doing it

Doss cunt.

The Bosnian genocide was one of ethnic proportion, not religious

I'm sure you can find actual Christian atrocities but the Bosnian genocide definitely isn't one.

It's like saying the gasing of the Kurds was religiously motivated

>and put women in their rightful place.
H-How did you know about my innermost fetish?

>be me, Mohamed
>be desert merchant and warlord
>violence and war is all i ever knew, living in surroundings where people literally kill each other over water
>know how to read and write since i trade and shit, every other day mingle with Jews
>one day a copy of Jewish Torah comes into hands
>decide to read it because why not
>datsumgudshit.jpg
>be interested, start looking for more
>find out there's another version of jewish tales called Christianity
>read Bible
>this is interesting as fuck
>start thinking a bit
>how about i create my own religion based on this stuff, i'll be famous and rich for sure
>decide i declare myself prophet
>decide to copy the parts of Torah and Bible which i like most
>to spice it up i write some random repetitive stuff where i write about myself
>start spreading my new religion
>Fucking tribe leaders tell me to GTFO
>run away
>ohnowitson.jpg
>start being more violent because that's the only way people will convert to my autistic beliefs.
>start beheading people and shit
>other arabs like it because they're all cruel savage people who respect nothing but brute force
>they join me en masse now
>eventually conquer all of Arabia
>give instructions to my successors to continue violently spreading my religion because otherwise no one will ever take it seriously

>of ethnic proportion
You mean epic proportions

>Genocide

I assume the widespread destruction of mosques during this "ethnic" genoicide was entirely unrelated to religion as well?

spotted the serb

No, not really.

Not all of us are sick cunts like yourself, mr projector.
Nah I meant that it was ethnically motivated, not religiously
The large majority of Bosniaks were Muslim, therefore it was their cultural heritage.

And you'd be correct if you said that they only destroyed mosques, but they destroyed all kinds of cultural heritage

I wasn't asking you, I know you meant epic proportions.

No I know what I said senpai, I just didn't say it properly

by your twisted logic, none of the terrorist attacks carried out over the last number of years have been religiously motivated either, then, since we can relativize those as well.

How about we call them political acts of violence that just happen to be carried out by Muslims?

Shut the fuck up the Bosnian genocide was one of epic proportions

Since when do we do exactly what OP wants? The answer is yes in any case. From the very first beginning Islam has been about mindless violence, rape and total domination of the mind.

At they are still at it. At least Christianity got its shit mostly together.

literally the only thing the whole yugoslav shitshow happened was because they were muslim, there is no such thing as a bosnian ethnicity. serbs are subhuman just like that

Well most of the attacks going on right now are of dual political and religious nature, it's just that Islam sweetens the deal with the 72 virgins
Хapиce pls go
While Islam was strongly connected with their ethnicity, that was not the cause of it

You know what else is of epic proportions? ;)

> islam was strongly connected, but not the cause

Right, just like how the 9/11 attacks were a political statement about Israel and Palestine which just happened to be strongly connected to Islam.

And how Battaclan was a political statement about France's involvement in the war on Islamic State which just happpened to be perpetrated by Muslims.

I'm all for a serious debate about the problems of Islam but shoving your head in the sand and claiming that other religions don't have problems is not helping anyone, other than perhaps your own sensitivity and sense of self-righteousness

This. Alija Izetbegović literally wanted Sharia in Bosnia. """Bosniaks""" are just Croatian/Serbian Muslims. That's literally it.

If Serbs really fought it for religious reasons then why did they indiscriminately kill them instead of converting them?

Why did they rape and impregnate female Bosniaks so they can create a new bloodline instead of converting them as well?
>other religions don't have problems is not helping anyone, other than perhaps your own sensitivity and sense of self-righteousness

Literally no one is saying that other religions don't have problems, it's just that Islam has far bigger and more relevant ones that need to be solved right now

>"""Bosniaks""" are just Croatian/Serbian Muslims. That's literally it.
Then why are they called differently YOU FUCKING IMBECILE

>in the last 20 years.
is that all that matters, 20 years?

I guess in 1939 1919 didn't matter then and WW2 just happened for.... no reason

That's what matters in the now

Third line is completely wrong.

Fedoras are obnoxious but at least they don't kill anyone you fucking scum

Fucking yugoshits stop ruining threads no one cares about your irrelevant part of the world

Religions aren't inherently violent, just Semites. A Semitic religion put into the hands of non-Semites results in a far less violent and more civilized institution. Regardless of how much violence or peace there is in dogma, it's the culture that determines which to follow and which to ignore, and no amount of mental gymastics or contradictions will stand in its way to justify that culture.

>Religions aren't inherently violent, just Semites
>what is mesoamerican religion

The reality of why the Arabs expanded out of Arabia, which critics of Islam do not want to hear, is that the Arabs simply had to be sent out of Arabia.

In 632 Arabia had finally unified under Islam, the first time Arabia had ever been unified. This only happened through war, and the tribal Arabs had already revolted once in the Ridda wars. There was something like 100,000 armed tribal Arab warriors now sat around in Arabia.

Another civil war was imminent, fragmentation was unavoidable except through one means. To send all those troops out to take down the empires of the world. So that is what Caliph Bakr did. There was no real Islamic incentive to do it, but without question the new religion was used to inspire and motivate the troops.

A religion reflecting the violence of another violent culture. I didn't mean to say only Semites are violent (or that all who speak a Semitic language are violent).

Culture comes first, and religion is used to sanctify culture and keep it stable over several generations.

>Has Islam always been a violent religion in the history of civilization?
>first thing Mohammed does is conquer and purge Mecca and Medina
What the fuck do you think?

>>first thing Mohammed does is conquer and purge Mecca and Medina
Things that never happened.

Terrorism in the EU 2006-2013

Terrorism in the EU 2010-2016 (incomplete)

Green = Islamic
Red = Leftist

Islam is much more violent in these days than any other religion.

More like the most populous religion with the most economically and politically disillusioned followers and with the fewest outlets for violence outside of religious terrorism.

Fuck off muhammed

yes its the 21st century the islamic world is going through great change

Islam is only violent nowdays because of some western countries fault.
Sponsoring dictators that fucked their populations time and time again.
What this fucking idiots conservatives can't understand is that for every muslim killed, it will only generate more hate that will spawn the next generation of terrorists.
What we have to do is cut all ties. Let them be, let them have their history, their own choices, kill each other, i don't give a fuck, but ffs, let them alone. Enough of interfering in their history and forcing or own choices like it's the best thing ever.
If they attack, we defend ourselves and that's it. No bussiness meetings, no more buying their oil, no more trades, no more tourism passports, no more immigrants.
One day, perhaps they get fed up and then we can start a dialogue again.

So your argument consists of 'nuh-uh'. Always nice to see an intelligent discussion.

You flat out made something up, what other reply do you want?

Well, the Umyad conquests after the death of their prophet were pretty violent.....

Are you shitting me? You're telling me that they are attacking France because France(a country who refused to go into Iraq) installed dictators.

What utter bullshit. Don't lie to yourself the muslims hate those who don't share their values. We need to hit back hard.

No he didn't. That's litterally what happened.

You do not know how the world works.
Creating wild instability created nutjobs who drive trucks through parades.

>Well, the Umyad conquests after the death of their prophet were pretty violent....
By medieval standards they were extremely peaceful.

Fucking point and laugh at this fucking sandnigger

>I have no argument except insults

Alright I am gonna argue in your style, here have this argument:

Muslims are evil, all their intentions are wrong, muslims never did anything good

Christians are good, a bad Christian has never existed, the crusades were just a holiday trip

Are we going to keep at this or are you going to provide a source?

This means nothing.

was jesus violent? no
was mohammed violent? yes

thus christianity is not violent while islam is, as christianity and islam are supposed to be the continuation of what their prophets tought, and to follow their principles

>b-but muh books that could have bern written by anyone
not an argument

this can easily be confirmed through statistics like pewpoll while there's no statistics which shows that the majority of christians are inherently violent or extremists

i'll /thread myself because all the apologists will casually ignore any post which they can't refute (unless they can't [delete] it of course)

I am imitating the style in which you argue, according to you muslim have never done anything wrong, and islam has zero flaws

Not, it literally didn't, you made it up.

Muhammad was invited to be the leader of Medina which is how he got that position. The conquest of Mecca resulted in 12 deaths, and no forced conversions or even feuds.

>was mohammed violent? yes
citation needed

The Pew statistics show a (large as hell) minority of Muslims are violent, mostly in poor Sunni countries where Salafism is prominent.

>according to you muslim have never done anything wrong, and islam has zero flaws
I said the Ummayad conquests were comparatively peaceful for medieval warfare. Please kindly go fuck yourself with your retarded brain.

>I am imitating the style in which you argue
How, when he never even used the word evil or spoke in anything resembling black and white morality.

Sandnigger strikes again, fucking IP ban this guy, I bet he sympathizes with IS too

samefag ahmed

>as christianity and islam are supposed to be the continuation of what their prophets tought

That's not what they are at all. This is how eastern religions work, but not Abrahamic faiths.

waiting for citation

When you compare that to more stable, secular countries, the stats decline considerably

It's not an Islam problem, it's a "the West refuses to stop helping Saudi Arabia spread its fundamentalism for some undiscernable reason"

here's your (you), guys.

don't worry, somebody irl will give you attention too.

>samefag
>two posts literally a second apart

We need the middle east to be a shitshow for it to be excusable to use it as a stomping ground.

If we can't justify our military expenditures, our economy will literally tank similar to the soviet's. Not as badly, but for similar reasons.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Muhammad

>inb4 wikipedia

it's full of sources

What did Moses do.

see
m.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg

or any graphical view of the statistics for that matter

m.reddit.com/r/atheism/comments/3srdq9/the_moderate_side_of_islam/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true

yes fuck reddit but i'm on the electrical nose so no pics

waiting for citation of personal violence.

CAR, Mali, Algeria

look up those countries and come back to the discussion once you realize that France is both a colonial empire these days, and have committed great atrocities in their old colonies

not an argument carl

>Also there are positive results in the study. For example, around 85% of muslims say that suicide bombings are not justified.

kek, 'positive'

we weren't talking about personal violence we were talking about violence in general

that's why there's weekly greek terrorism in turkey, as they were colonized under a far longer time, right?

not exist

>we weren't talking about personal violence we were talking about violence in general
Show me where Muhammad was violent, cite it.

He was a pedo and a rapist. source: the Quran

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_career_of_Muhammad

>The Caravan raids refer to a series of raids which Muhammad and his Companions participated in

this is just one of them