/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that Stellaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 10th:
1801 – First Barbary War: The Barbary pirates of Tripoli declare war on the United States of America.
1924 – J. Edgar Hoover is appointed first Director of the United States' Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and remains so until his death in 1972.
1933 – Censorship: In Germany, the Nazis stage massive public book burnings.
1940 – World War II: Germany invades Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
1940 – World War II: Invasion of Iceland by the United Kingdom.
1941 – World War II: The House of Commons in London is damaged by the Luftwaffe in an air raid.

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/rxfvjw.zip
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grand_strategy_video_games
youtube.com/watch?v=WjV2EErPHdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for Stellaris

>thank you
fuck you

Stellarbabies are not welcomed here, go back to he 4x general

Xeno slavery is good for warmongers then right?

while slavery is just your own pops right? So a slow breeder would want xeno slavery, while a fast breeder would want straight slavery?

Whats the impact of migration/resettlement? Would nomads with xeno slavery tolerance be good then?

You need to go back, this is gsg not 4x

>Xenophiles

Would you fuck a lobster?

Rude

Reminder to report and ignore Stellarisposting.

lel im gonna post stellaris anyways

there is nothing you can do lad

Every day until you like it

Holy FUCK Stellaris is annoying as fuck

>meet hostile space forms
>"SITU-NEW-ATION-HOSTILE-REPORT-LOG-FLEET-UPDATED-APPROACHED"

AND THOSE FUCKING MESSAGE ICONS
>1 message icon for ongoing battle
>2 message icons for the fact that your fleet is near a hostile fleet
>4 fucking message icons because the reinforcements you send need new message icons
>5 message icons because my leader gained experience
>6 message icons to remind me to research the battle debris
>7 message icons to also tell me that the debris will vanish in some years
>8 message icons for the battle report

FUCK this game. not even worth pirating.

We all are going to report you and ignore stellarkiddies, stellaris in not gsg

thread for memers who want to discuss stellaris and gs at the same time

consider this one t./gsg/

How bought that stellaris
>bought stellaris
>it's bland and boring
>look up distant worlds
>it's more my speed
Well I fucked up lads

>stellaris has its.own general.
>fuck you its in the op so it can be posted here and you can't complain
>please don't post stellaris here
>fuck you the op doesn't matter

>not messing around with fungal creatures and getting trapped

Supposedly yes but as i said the game will fuck you over, even with the appropriate ethos your people don't actually like slavery, they just hate it less
Also ethics divergence means they'll like it even less over time. In general it's pretty underpowered.

And resettling a slave just costs a flat 50 influence/pop

>wrong OP infographic

>Stellaris
>basically Civilisation: Beyond Earth mixed with a little bit of DW
>clearly some kind of weird real-time 4x
>Johan still won't accept this

HPM you have to pick a side in this conflict, otherwise this will keep going on.

there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop me from talking about stellaris

how does that make you feel lad

Its the right one

Give it a week or two. The shitposting will calm down. It won't be gone, obviously, but it won't be as bad.

Then why is distant worlds in it?

Where's napoleon guy to save us

/gsg/ is basically paradox general
Please allow me to shit it up with more great paradox titles that you know and love, like Stellaris!

were just baiting you, autistic faggot. Most of us are posting in the stellaris containment thread anyways.

People will stop talking about stellmemeus in probably 2 weeks then your autist ass can finally calm down lmao

Guys where can I install the Germanic portrait mod?

>Meme Kings is a RPG/GS and is allowed here
>Memelaris is a 4x/GS and isn't

Explain this bulshit

Starting to enjoy Stellaris a lot desu lads

WHERE CAN I PIRATE STELLARIS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wew no one even wants to be in your autistic general

new DLC drops in two weeks, adds 2 new animations and comes bundled with extra forum icons for $19.99 , discussion starts up again.

It's too bad there are no Crustacean races

Dw is gsg

a.pomf.cat/rxfvjw.zip
Extract into a folder call mods, make one if you don't have it.
Make sure to make a folder called whatever like grossburger and extract all the contents inside there.

Then launch Stellaris, pick appearanace, you'll notice two human avatars, one is male. They're proud white males ONLY

Comes with Human 4 names and a few emblems.

Cheers

>OP spergs and posts the old infopic and stellaris warning
>everyone talks about stellaris to annoy him
>OP posts new infopic with stellaris
>Stellaris posting goes down tenfold

>OP still hasn't realized this because hes in a blind autistic rage

>Stellaris doesn't belong here

Are we still doing this autistic shit?

>That feel when you click "purge all *alien* pop in this planet"

Then what's Stellairs?

wrong thread

>get Droids by year ~25
>ready to vomit out colony ships onto everything
>get bottlenecked on energy
>be surrounded by AI by the time I can expand safely

I cannot for the life of me seem to get a good grasp of on how much I need to be getting done in one year.

Sydney est une ville du sud-est de l'Australie, située dans l'État de Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, sur les rives de la mer de Tasman. EN 2014 la ville comprenait une population de 4 840 600 habitants répartis sur 12400m2, Sydney est la ville la plus peuplée d'Australie. Ses habitants s'appellent les Sydneysiders.
La ville est anglophone mais on compte 250 autres langues
Première des colonies européennes d'Australie, les gisements d’ors à proximité de la ville entraîna son développement.
En 1920, Sydney compte plus d'un million d'habitants et s'étend au-delà de la baie de Port Jackson.
Durant la seconde moitié du xxe siècle, Sydney devient le cœur économique de l'Australie et le principal centre financier de l'Océanie.
Le Centre d'affaires de Sydney accueille ainsi de nombreux gratte-ciels et sièges sociaux d'entreprises, mais aussi de vastes parcs comme le Hyde Park.

Should slavery even be profitable? It's generally agreed that slavery is generally bad for the economy due to it inhibiting the circulation of wealth.

4x

nah, he posted it in right general

wrong thread.

Why can I not choose robots as a pop when constructing a colony ship? I have the tech researched but they don't show up in the list.

4X falls under the umbrella term "grand strategy". It is a sub-genre.

Wrong thread

Just fixed some shit I messed up in the custom start Ring World system. Should be working better now.

mega.nz/#!C8cxQTRB!F9ApqjQGghVFLHD6uLcCZl7g6pyEO9_r8HpHR8Gw3j8

no it doesn't

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

Fuck off. Get your attention elsewhere.

Wrong thread

NOOOOOO
WRONG THREAD
/GSG/ IS ONLY ABOUT HISTORY

How do you integrate local pops in a colony world? They keep blocking my growth and I can't purge them cause I'm a xenophile cuck

Yes it does.

This. The stellaris warning is ironically counter productive.

If you just post the new infopic and let people post about stellaris it will work it's way through and eventually be forgotten but the more you make a big deal about it the longer it stays because it lives on in the controversy and shitposters know the mere mention of it can drive an autist like the wrong thread guy insane

I bet 70% of all posts about stellaris in this thread are just to annoy OP and they wouldn't even exist if the new infopic and OP was used thus bringing the amount of stellaris down significantly which is ironically what OP wants.

>you will never be so autistic that people talking about a game you don't like triggers you

Its profitable for a time but for industrialized countries it isnt as much
At least in hpm

no it doesn't

Slavery is profitable for slaveowners, and good to the consumer to a point since it lowers prices of the shit slaves produce. But a paid worker is better for the economy overall since he spends money, a slave does not.

Back to your containment general

Maybe it does?

yes it does

no it definitely doesn't

This

Back to the 4x general

I don't know that it doesn't.

Holy shit your hypothesis was just proven to be true. Look in the other thread, there is way less posts about stellaris there.

I guess it really is just shitposters trying to drive OP mad

I don't know that it does

civ 5 was too complicated for me what should I play?

What would make Stellaris better?

Can you repeat the question?

forgot to link thread

Dominions 4.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_grand_strategy_video_games

Get over it.

In early 1880, Napoleon's talented Minister of the Armed Forces, de Castellan's direct inferior Georges Bosquet, published an internal memorandum entitled "Colonial Negotiations with the Benefit of Superior Technology." The memo advocated the use of maxim guns and heavy artillery barrages to wipe out native defending forces, thereby allowing French forces to move in and seize control of their left-over territory.

Perhaps the most famous section of Bosquet's memo follows:

"Success in modern warfare lies not in firepower or manpower, but in range and rapidity. The ancient (and indeed modern) Sinic man has the benefit of both of the former, and yet no Chinaman can be called civilized. No; success in warfare is now measured by how far away a soldier can kill his enemy, and how rapidly he can kill them. Range and rapidity is a measure of civilization, and natives in Africa and the Asiatic continent inherently lack both. By making use of long-range artillery barrages and the Maxim gun, the eradication of uncivilized defensive forces can be achieved with minimal losses, thereby allowing French forces to move in and secure territory and resources from the remaining tribe, which will be pacified by our prior show of force."

Bosquet's memo has been influential both within and outside of France, and Napoleon III, ever-eager to grow his reputation as a conqueror, has given his approval to military campaigns in North Africa, and to the colonization of several hundred Polynesian islands.

A new age has begun.

Victoria 2. Just build liquor factories and you'll win.

nice try faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=WjV2EErPHdg

god bless dprk

Please don't send shitposters our way. We have enough as it is.

thread with way less shitposting. Everyone welcome even the wrong thread autist

Thanks, I think so to.

Where you will go from there?

About 6-7 content DLC's so it's actually playable
t. EU4 pro

We can always use more Ulm stalers.

Is HPM the only one who can solve the Stellaris crisis and bring peace in our time?

Hallo Leute, spielen wir Stellaris hier?

HOLY SHIT ANTI STELLMEMUS BTFO

How long do you guys think till the first DLC will come?

>autist posting his thread early because stellaris triggers him

There's no crisis, stellaris is 4x, there's only shitposters

It will not be communist you know

>OP is against stellaris
>people post about it anyways
lol epic fail OP