/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: Tags: /nintyg/, /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /loz/, /ywg/, /ssbg/, /ptg/

Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/

>News

- Would you rather go to a fancy party or a costume party? Decide in the first global Splatfest, where all regions will be matched against each other! It begins on May 13th, 20:00 PDT/May 14th, 05:00 CEST and ends on May 15th, 03:00 PDT/May 15th, 12:00 CEST! splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/143921082314/first-there-was-splatoon-in-miitomo-well-now
- New Splatoon Amiibo have been announced for the Squid Sisters, as well as recolored versions of the previous Amiibo lineup, coming in July! youtube.com/watch?v=VP3CPiSOBRs
- You can watch the Squid Sisters recent live performance, featuring their first solo tracks 'Heartbeat Bomb Rush' and 'Seaweed Nights', here: youtube.com/watch?v=jOtjUG5PXlE

>FAQ
-pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

>Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

>Official NA Tumblr:
- splatoonus.tumblr.com/

>Wiki:
- splatoonwiki.org/

>User Stats:
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Ax8E3uGT
twitter.com/MegaMew_/status/729719124390248451
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/137203581/#q137330218
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>merging
>but no discord
This meme has gone too far

Everyones squid is their OC

>tags: /nintyg/

we mergin with nintendy gen?

>No tattoo
What a slut.

Jesus man spoiler that shit

Nah they're coming here instead

>Tags
Fuck off

>ptg
ptg isn't dead you mong

Hello stop trying to stir up shit, no one wants to merge with anyone just one retard that isn't even babt, hell I'm surprised there's someone dumber than him.

It's not on Veeky Forums, it got pushed off /vp/ since that sumo video came out and hasn't been revived yet.

It's dead

o-oh

Time for Annie

While the thread is still new, it's better if we just make another one without the shitposting inviting tags.

The mods will delete all the threads if too many get made

fic update!
pastebin.com/Ax8E3uGT

already a blast to write. first established relationship fic i've done so excited to write more of it!

particular areas of concern: does the part about marie sleeping in tangent off too much? does marie's "not everyone's tentacles can be black" comment make easily make sense or should i make it more obvious?
critique is always appreciated.

>want mods to ban Splatoon threads

It's for the best I guess since no one plays it

Fuck yeah. Time for comfy.

omg thanks so much!!! i can't wait to read it ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ

Mods don't do shit on Veeky Forums, they won't delete anything, specially if it's just that two threads were made.

As much as I want people to be friends
Lets keep our distance from each other.

So how likely am I to be banned for using the gear editor?

Also are bans usually for the account or the console, I don't want to fuck it up for my siblings.

Eh. Kinda, I guess.

Nintendo hands out system level bans like candy

not likely at all as long as you reboot after every edit

how about you just play the game without cheating you mongoloid

Don't turn off your WiiU before playing an online match or the servers detect the cheat.

Here, think I've done the line art on this woomy.

I wonder if the the Inkings and Octolings have been into space?

yeah but no one gives a shit about the kind of personality you think your squid has

looks great, keep it up!

Just post it when it's done, but I know you won't want to do that. Here's your you want so much.

i think that's what that scroll is implying

Thank you!
If posting updates is so much of a problem I don't mind stopping at all. Sorry.

And it's a reference to the Voyager Golden Record. Pic related

But was that sent before or after we had already sent people into space

I'm liking it a lot. Just the little details you stuff in like that bit with the toaster and driving troubles and "Why couldn't you be born in a cooler month", it's so fucking cute to see these two interact. And you portray them perfectly.
The relationship subtext is extremely subliminal right now, but I'm keen to see how you expand it.

I think the part about Marie sleeping in a lot is worthwhile, since her love of relaxing is a recurring trait of hers, but it would be better if you used it for contrast. As well as mentioning Callie playing games and so on, also bring up any active things she'd do in the morning. Jog around the block, a hundred star jumps, something to contrast her even more with lethargic Marie. Their differences are what make them so interesting, so highlighting them again here will be good, and avoid making it seen like just a tangent as you say.
And I'll admit I'm not sure what you meant by the black tentacles part.

Why are there two suction cups on the diagram?

Voyager 1 and Voyager where launched in 1977 and still sending back data

I don't think Octarians have the means or the necessity to go into space. Being resource deprived, and underground.

Splatfest Promo Art when?

Looking good. But I think the lines of her skirt are a bit confuddled, can't tell if they're shorts or rompers or something.

thank you so much! if there's anything i enjoy as much as writing these fics, it's hearing all of your kind words.
>but it would be better if you used it for contrast
i see! i suppose it is quite less of a tangent when used as a means to contrast two characters. i'll see to it.
>And I'll admit I'm not sure what you meant by the black tentacles part.
so i'll have to rework that one then. i'll see what i can do.
it's because girls who hate being called ma'am do so because it makes them feel old, and marie's got those granny tentacles

I'm waiting eagerly for that.
We get both Japanese and EU art for this too, since it's another shared Splatfest.

Fuck I just realized I made a spelling error on this post

Oooh, yeah that's way too clever a joke for me.
Maybe have her say something about not being able to have colorful tentacles or something like that. Since it appears Marie is stuck with gray as her default base and can only change the colors of her tips.

How dare you!

Mistakes do happen

right now i've got it changed to
>I don’t like feeling old, and my tentacles aren’t helping as is.
how's that sound?

A bit blunt, but at least it's direct. Definitely have Callie apologize after that.

BURG

Where's Marie with her PIZZ

Plush Callie has downs. Downs!

Does anyone here even own the Marie plush?

today's mmemamen is watching this squid eat ice cream. why does he have a splattershot pro (prime shooter)? is he protecting her? ice cream fiends do exist. or was sameanko unable to come up with a way for a mammemmi to simultaneously eat ice cream and hold a weapon, to continue with their trend of weapons? the possibilities are endless!
yesterday was ice cream day. on may 9th, 1964, the tokyo ice cream association (yes, ice cream association) tried to promote their product in preparation for the tokyo olympic games by sending them to various faculties. ever since, they have promoted may 9th as ice cream day. one of the more arbitrary days...
now you might be thinking "wow! i can't believe you missed ice cream day! i love ice cream and now the day for it is over before i even knew it!"
i'm very sorry. i love ice cream too. but know that american ice cream day is celebrated the third sunday (hehe, sundae) in july every year! you still have your chance!

>ice cream fiends do exist
yes they do

>ice cream day
Is there an occasion for every day of the year by now?

in some obscure way, yes.
i mean, these days don't have a very strong backing. they're not national or officially recognized or anything.

twitter.com/MegaMew_/status/729719124390248451
hope this person enjoys their ban

i thought we got over this kind of shit months ago

Basically the same as a Dynamo Tbh.

Wouldn't be a bad Special honestly
Provided the extended ink can't splat and it doesn't extend past or over ledges or cliffs, that's not awful

Up next on my list we have the uh oh spaghetti-O's, woomy 2 thickness, and fluffy cute sisters. I want to wait to do the cute one, though, because I kind of want to start it at the same time as our other drawfriend.

Sh-she's supposed to be thick like her tentacles... ;_;

Good, but not quite what I had in mind. I was thinking something a lot more casual and easy to remember. Thank you though.

Y'know, I've been meaning to do that for a while but each time I do it just ends up looking weird... Like, even my 90° view looks weird. I'll take it back up, though, thanks for your advice.

This is the most motivational thing I've heard all month.

Inkling used Surf

More broken than Inkstrike.

Right up there with Machine Gun Luna and Nuclear Bombs.

First quote is obviously an irate /nintyg/fag. Pay them no mind.

If you could make a fancy dress Callie to mix in with the hotdog Marie's, I'd have a new wallpaper.

this thread has a lot more bullies since we invited nintyg
I didn't draw that, user... sorry I would also have a new wallpaper

Just ignore all the haters and don't reply. You'll be happier that way ( ^ω^ )

Fortunately it won't last because, both here and in their thread, /nintyg/ is dead.

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/137203581/#q137330218 if those don't work

Why do people insist on putting a pencil next to their drawing? You don't see me posting my dick next to my octo sculpture with fresh hot glue.

I do the same tbqh. I don't know why. Maybe they just want to show off their new pencil?

It's for a sense of scale you mong.

scale

Who's up for Mario kart? I see this is the place for posting everything Mario now according to op?

That is the dumbest shit I have ever read. Unless you're drawing something absolutely tiny, no-one gives a shit about how big or small your drawing is.

It's a stupid fad and idiots need to stop doing it. And also get a fucking scanner.

Please stop discussing only drawing. That's now what this general is about. Its Nintendo console general now. Not a draw thread

do you post your art anywhere

calm down

Why would need to scale? Do I need a cleaver when I butcher shit? Also what that user said about a scanner.

That picture is very small.

Stop with drawing discussions. This is a video game thread. Characters that are not cannon are not allowed anymore now that you have tagged other generals. Last warning.

Some people like others to see what the size of their drawing is.
Why do you hate fun so much that a pencil triggers you?

The artist is proud that they drew a small picture, so they made an effort to show how small it is. You wouldn't understand.

Stop with the unrelated discussions

please be quiet bum

If you're taking camera pics of your art, why would you make the quality of the image even worse by putting your drawing supplies in the picture?

It's not that small.

This squidwoman has a huge ass. I want this squidwoman to sit on my face with her huge ass.

Sound faggy

>artist is proud

Nice source and projection. I bet your proud of your small dick too

what are you gonna do

whine me to death

oh no.
there's a pencil in the picture.
it's ruined.

IS THIS AN ART THREAD WHICH OP NEVER MENTIONS OR A THREAD ABOUT MARIO KART LIKE THE OP HAS TAGGED?

Again, you wouldn't understand.
Appreciation for craft isn't something you can teach.

maybe...