/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/pre-release-wip-yet-another-rxtools.426092/
pastebin.com/UGRA349r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it just me or does Samurai run worse than Hyrule?

Reposting:

Attempting to install A9LH now.
I'm currently on Part 4, Section I, Step 32, in which you have to run TinyFormat twice on emuNAND.
I managed to run it once. I went through the standard system set-up, and then I rebooted my 3DS. When I attempted to load up Luma3DS through the Homebrew Launcher again, the screen remained black and I had to hold the power button to cut the power.

Also: attempting to go into Luma3DS upon reboot seems to loop into Menuhax, which I have set up on sysNAND.

Does anybody know how I fucked up, and if I should just clone my backup into emuNAND all over again and try again?

Is there a new 3ds update out? I went to the eShop on 10.7 and it told me I needed to update.

I don't have a9lh yet. If I update my emunand without making a backup yet could I still get a9lh?
I really have no clue how it works yet.

Yes. On N3DS its a bit better but still not by much.

idk what does the op say

Wait some dude said you can't downgrade from 9.2 to 2.1? Is that bullshit because I only have 11.0 and 9.2 for my Emunand. Anyone that downgraded successfully from 9.2 before?

Read the OP
Read the OP

guys i need helo. ive formatted so many times to try to downgrade to 2.1 but i always get an error when attempting to downgrade.its happened at least 10 times

Can someone help me out here?

turned on 3DS for the first time in a week. Was about to import some Gen3 pkmn I legit made for some silly reason.

I followed Plailect's guide two weeks ago to downgrade and then use Luma to Sys 10.7.0-32U on the... uhmm... I believe the RedNAND that now loads by default. Fuck me, I was understanding everything well until Part 4 of the guide.

Its safe to move forward with the 11.0 official download, right? Is there anything special I need to do instead of a regular update through the default System Update (on RedNAND)?

Read my asshole, nigger.

Its fine. You do it the usual way. Its in the OP

Go fuck yourself

if you use a matching native_firm or just update to 11.0 before downgrading with an exploitable native_firm (9.6 for example, available through the old plailect guide which uses cakes) you should be fine

if you use cakes and your native_firm firmware.bin you use is 9.6 (check in cakes' menu) update to 11.0, then downgrade

calm down

>I dont like to read information already given to me and I want you to spoonfeed me!!11!!

>tfw all you're doing is playing the JPN NDS games you never got to play instead of pirating WiiU Games
Shame this doesn't feel as exciting since I already own all the games I wanted except Hyrule Warriors. At least with 3ds I had plenty of games I wanted to try out which ended up getting localized anyway as well and discovered some games I didn't think I would actually enjoy like Style Savvy.

Does FBI 2.0 have a way to specifically install to NAND rather than SD?

>I get royally assblasted over strangers on the Internet

I use rxtools not cakes, does this mean I'm screwed? I don't have anything past 9.2 firmware

FBI 2.2.2 when

But user I'm pretty calm. I'm not calling people niggers and telling them to go fuck themselves!

dunno
i'd just make the jump to cakes or luma, then continue setting up things
rx is kinda outdated at this point and trying to follow the guide using it might result in some issues down the line

Now I see why /hbg/ doesn't like spoonfeeding.

You dirty nigger

Alrighty, thank you!

is the anime even good?

Spoon my tight bunghole, faggot.

write a time stamp on your asshole and post it so I can read it, nigger

I have 10.7 Luma Sysnand N3ds, after installing BootNTR cia it says unknown Firmware. What firmware do I need to run it?

Still looking for help with this issue.

>Anime
>Good
Off yourself

Does having a9lh luma3ds makes you able to play out of region dlc without NTR?

Look harder you fucking mongoloid

Why are you so angry? What did we do to bother you user? Wanna talk it out?

get firmware.bin from part 5 of the plailect guide

probably a o3ds user

Make the jump? I'm trying to switch I know others have successfully done it

how do i stop the Streetpass User Agreement nag in FEfates? i'm using a jp n3ds

I think he bought a gateway

>lumping an o3DS-kin such as myself in with that filth

Its pretty mediocre, but it seems like it's starting to get a bit better now they're on the Steel Samurai Case. Unless you're the kind of guy that gets a laugh out of QUALITY seriously the OP didn't get fixed till episode 4 fill free to watch all of them episodes, otherwise you'd be better off watching the live action movie or the pachinko cut scenes.
I'm not in the mood for curry tonight user

OOOOHHHH YOU NIGGERS REALLY BURNED ME THERE ADD JH WHSFJT

how do I bypass this?

Just click the QR code button, and scan that QR code with FBI

Yes.

config.cia
click on Eula Setting
change the agree version to ff.ff

either that or opt out of streetpass for it I think

gbatemp.net/threads/pre-release-wip-yet-another-rxtools.426092/

get a load of this kek

By actually reading the pastebin.

don't use the site

you answered your own question

Install an anti-anti-adblock killer

wew lad
Calm down, son!

If you appreciate good VAs, then Maya/Mayoi's CV does an amazing job. Makes the show worth it for me.

>Maybe rxTools can take the lead once more

>not in the mood for curry

Okay that sounds good, but is that still the wrong file I'm looking for since it's labeled as patch? Should I be looking for the eshop app for it instead?

>Q: Your code suck!
>A: Contribute or STFU!

Thanks

Does the new FBI install system titles automatically into the NAND? Because it doesn't show any way to install into NAND.

>laughing
>o3ds'
jokes on them

I've tried, but I've found nothing to help.
The guide suggested resetting my config.bin; I did that just now, but it leads to the same loop as described before. The only other option given is to restore a backup, which I suppose I'll have to try now.

I'll report back later if it works out.

>wasting $200 for 10+ fps in an inferior version of hyrule warriors

kek everytime

is there a way to use multiple gc controllers on the wii during loadline?

>Tfw played all the good games on 3ds already and have a9lh
What do I do now

Following the guide and stuck in step 4
>Open Decrypt9 (This can sometimes take a few tries), then go to "EmuNAND Options", then select the "Health & Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)

Decrypt 9 does not recognize my EmuNAND (in truth, it's a rednand). Luma opens fine and displays EMU 9.2 etc in system settings. and Emunand9 recognizes my rednand just fine. It's only Decrypt9 that won't recognize I have a RedNAND or allows me to dump the health and safety bin.

Is tubehax still down?

rejoice in the fact that WII U got nds games before the fucking 3ds did

then go play etrian odyssey 3

where would i get config.cia from?

Yes, it decides automatically, since there's no reason to install sd titles on NAND or vice versa and this is gonna prevent a lot of fuck ups.

Yeah, but ironically it has way easier way to fuck things up the moment you enter CTR NAND, etc. By the way, how does FBI 2.0 handle AGB_FIRM and such?

it's not down

>Tfw ds flashcart for last five years
>Already played all good nds games
wake me up inside

are the controls good?

Thanks

Finishing Part 3 gets you a SysNand which autoboots into EmuNand

Part 5 involves installing A9LH so you can immediately boot into SysNand (or emunand CFW)

because A9LH makes emunand useless, we move emunand back to sysnand where it originally came from, then delete emunand off your sd card (covered in Part 5)

when you turn on your system after that, your A9LH boots directly into sysnand custom firmware, and emunand no longer exists (unless you want it to for some reason)

you can freely update sysnand, because you are running a CFW through sysnand and have the power to unbrick it via A9LH->Decrypt9 in case anything goes wrong. make sure you have a backup of sysnand on-hand before each update you perform.

pastebin.com/UGRA349r or google bbb-devkit tools if its not in there

I don't understand why you feel so bad about having slightly worse hardware that you have to greentext some bullshit. Are you too broke to upgrade or do you feel cucked because you bought a limited edition XL or some shit and you can't change it? Maybe you paid $250 for it when it had no games and you got cucked with VC because it still had no games at the time.

>Not having a N3DS and some coverplates and enjoying how badass it looks.
>Not streaming your games without hardmods.
>Binding of Isaac and working SNES games on the go? Yes please.
>Camera control nub that works pretty good? Fuck yes considering the assramming O3DS(XL) users get with the CCP. Try playing Monster Hunter well without one.
>Did I mention new games will run better and old games can run better by preventing downclocking? MH4 looks abysmal with an O3DS. Let's not forget the game you greentexted which runs much better on N3DS AND in 3D.
>Actually working 3D. Combine that with an IPS screen and it's so beautiful user.
>Louder speakers. The O3DS sounds so quiet. and the OXL even more so.
>Homebrew preventing underclocking so games don't lag balls like on the O3DS.
>Bottom screen bezel won't scratch the top screen. (Not OXL)

Lol if you haven't upgraded, what are you waiting for?

To go from RxTools to Luma3DS, do I just copy everything that is selected on the right folder to the root of my SD? (left folder)

The nub on the new 3ds is god awful dude.
My anger knows no bounds, and my nub doesn't know how to go down.

Should I keep RXtools and what does a9lh do?
t. user that downgraded when downgrading was just discovered

Now that's some fresh pasta.

How many attempts did it take you guys to downgrade to 2.1? Attempt number 16 here it's been 5 hours

>GATEWAYNAND

I'd assume so, considering the gamepad has a stylus and all the same buttons that the ds has

Most everyone gets it on their first try. You're doing something wrong.

>trying this hard to deal with buyer's remorse

Don't forget that Litten is cute!

My brother bought me a New3DS with a couple of games a year ago and i enjoyed them immensely, but i stopped using it altogether when i finished the games some 5 months ago. He told me that a friend used it to emulate games and i was intrigued, considering i always wanted to have stuff like super nintendo games on the go.

What i want to know is the full extent of what the hack does:

>Does it turn the console into an emulator that can load actual Roms? Or does it simply download game that are already available on the Eshop?

>Can games still be played online? Because i enjoyed Monster Hunter and Kid Icarus online.

>Can Original Physical carts still run on it? (This one seems like it obviously can, but i just wanna make sure)

>What other benefits does it offer?

I just want to figure that out before i fully go in.

If we can't get rid of that damn hat in game, I swear to god I'll learn to mod and take it out myself.

That's possible in XY if I remember correctly.

I followed the exact guide, on 9.2 and did everything it said on part 4

a9lh has 100% bootrate and will always survive updates. Setting it up is a little scary for noobs but that's about it.

it worked. thanks for the help, friend.

I don't own a gateway if that's what your implying, I did this a few months back, the gateway.3dsx is what I used to create my nand user, pls no bully

Is it too late to downgrade?

if you're on 11.0 yeah