agdhg.wordpress.com/2016/05/09/gdhg-guide-1-singleton-observer/
strawpoll.me/embed_1/10172054
youtube.com/watch?v=4nkArpeCIxE
savemeoniichan.com/post/144147841635/advanced-camera-controllers-finished
steamspy.com/app/413150
jukedeck.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Remember: practice

Fuck you, idiots shouldn't be allowed to make threads. Here's the links you decided to delete.

>DEMO DAY 8, go play games!
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-8

>Upcoming Jam in 3 days
itch.io/jam/wj2016

Didn't even notice sorry.
Is WJ actually happening though?
I feel like it's just as forced as boats and mechs was.

>I feel like it's just as forced as boats and mechs was.
Are you new?
WJ has been running for 2 years and before demo day was first made.

I realize that.
But this time it doesn't feel like theres any support behind it.

It did alright the fist time. It was a complete flop the second time. This time noone even seems to care.

will anyone object if i make a turn based strategy-like in real time, but the catch is its made in 3d with unity.

Except for the thread long discussions about waifu jam. Are you people blind?

Which were also a case during the second jam.

The waifu faggots are already ruining the thread

=/=
Like I said, same thing happend with B&M.
And even DD was bare compared to the last one.
And we even had a lot more whodevs on top of that.

Just feel like we should give jams a break and go back to seasonal bootcamps.

Maybe if people would stop taking it out of OPs

Second time was at the same time as demo day, this time we pushed it back.
If it really flops again this year we may as well call it quits but there's still enough people that care and already started on WJ projects.

It is happening this year at least, we already discussed it and the page is ready.

Most of this discussion is "should we move demoday or waifu jam".

This seems like bad animation advice.

Literally the first time I've fucked up an OP in the hundreds of threads I've made. Sorry again m8.

that was the same discussion we had last year

Not you personally, I know some people forget or are lazy and copy paste OPs from the last thread (which didn't have the link) but I know some people are doing it on purpose because they hate it.

bruh its finals month

I just have a clean OP saved in a txt file so I can always post a clean thread, then I update it occasionally when new stuff is happening. /agdg/ threads get fucked with way too much, and not many people care enough to fix it.

>his finals weren't in april
>he's not already in summer term

Well I try and do my part as well.
Atleast we've condensed it down some.

I remember when we used to have it go above post limit though.
wew those were the days.

So I'm away for a while, having no project, and there's new memes and everything. What the hell is LFO?

Low frequency oscillation

Make a logo for your game studio and stick it somewhere on your office and i'll tell you
i'll also tell you about dat boi

lewd flying object

Lew Foot Orgy
Ask steamchat about it

will my game sales increase if I add LFO?

Hey /agdg/ make me a list of the yes-devs from DEMO DAY 8, I can't bother to play every single game.

Low End Theory?

Someone here was talking about machine learning

attempt at starting a general, incoming bullying whatever

but $$$
youtube.com/watch?v=xeYfK9NQyoo

Whodev games:
Bokube
Bound Horizon

Yesdev games:
Everyone else. Don't be fooled by planar shift's image, it's actually this game.

Memedev games:
Here come dat boi!!

Thats some extremely consistent image results for googling that

Not a reference, just programmer art colors

What's a good engine for a GSG type game?

>my game gets uglier the more I work on it

Thanks a lot for the warning. I guess I'll start with the ones I have played in other demodays and later move to the newcomers.

Your game was always ugly. There's just more visible now, so to speak. So the ugliness is more apparent.

You could always go for a minimalistic look.

Let's say that for every 10 points in dexterity a player can shoot that many arrows at once and for every 5 points the draw speed increases. Would this be too powerful?

>tfw making a game is suffering but the payoff of seeing people play what you made is too good that you can't stop

gonna need source on that.

Depends on the power of your enemies. If they're weak and few, then sure, it might be OP. But you could always fix that by giving them more health/greater spawn numbers, or even lowering the damage on your arrows. It's up to you.

>tfw you only suffer on so one day you'll stop being nagged by your daydreams

please, baby

I feel like it was passable at a point, but now it's a train wreck of convoluted visuals.

I kinda did, but my design isn't coherent enough for it to work.

delete this

Unreal or Unity?

youtube.com/watch?v=7UjBs_zFc9I

what a meme

How do I become a memedev?

Will a game get more attention if it's free or if its commercial?

What is the best text editor, agdg?

vim

No exception.

Develop a really bad art-style, shitpost bad anime and generally respond to posts with an arrogant ignorance.

Machine Learning is apparently big enough for TensorFlow and BigQuery to exist.

Just saying, friends. ;) I love you, I hate you, I meme with you.

Just saying. Telemetry data->ML->NPC

youtube.com/watch?v=ZeTFJfRNgqE

agdhg.wordpress.com/2016/05/09/gdhg-guide-1-singleton-observer/

Finally finished the first guide, singleton and observer with a blurb on UML.

I will continue this week editing it for my shitty English and working on the next one. Please vote for the next guides content!

strawpoll.me/embed_1/10172054

Machine learning, for anyone interested.

Vim and emacs are the only correct answers.

would you guys say this sells being "indoors"?

This is my game! Please check out the latest update guys.

No, it just looks like a whitebox'd purgatory because there's no outside reference to go from.
Take note from Mega Man Battle Network.

This

I've looked at stuff I made only months ago and it looks ass compared to my recent stuff. I'm sure in a couple months the stuff I make now will look bad too.

I think it could if you change the textures on the walls/floors. example: floor is wood texture, wall is a flat color texture

the colors make it kinda feel like a cave. I think some indoor colors and features would help

Gonna repost this.
For the last few months, I've been working on and off on creating 3D Camera Controller scripts for Unity
I finally managed to finish them and will be posting them on the asset store
I'd love to hear what people think about it
>youtube.com/watch?v=4nkArpeCIxE

Check out my post about it
>savemeoniichan.com/post/144147841635/advanced-camera-controllers-finished

In the future, I'll probably set it to free once I've made a bit off of them so that there's a free camera controller solution out there that's easy to use.

Now time to actually make games

Bokube dev here. Got the perfect game was WJ, play as a ghost girl who got killed and fly to heaven. Gameplay is like flappy bird but going up, and you dodge over 300+ different traps to win (none of that regenerating pipe bs) so you can actually beat the game.

Working on this but if I finish early I will post early. Way better at 3D art than 2D so forgive me.

>Gameplay is like flappy bird
Dropped.

Participating in TINS this weekend. It's a 72-hour allegro-centric (not)speedhackathon. Probably not gunna get shit done but I will damn try.

Where does the lewd come into play?

Character herself, and perhaps a lewd ending and main menu pic. Though I doubt any of you will beat it.

I figured out how data tables work so now I can change weapons around pretty easily. Gotta make a table for enemies, and then continue to add them every time I add a new item type.

refactored my weapons code because how I was doing it was retarded and inefficient. Now each gun has a stat sheet that triggers the separate singular bullet script and loops over it depending on the specifications of the gun (many bullets per shot for shotgun, one shot many times for smg,...).

It wasn't so hard and I had a lot less thoughts about killing myself than I thought I would have while making the switch.

picture is my 2 minute shitty concept art for a tribe of muscle-men wearing soccer balls on their heads.

Dunno if anyone remembers me, haven't shown my stuff in a while.
I rewrote my lighting shaders and tweaked my SSAO. My depth of field shader finally has a purpose now since I added backgrounds.

I remember you, you made that juicy ship game

I remember you! I though you met the fate all UE4 devs meet.

Why spend several years learning, making and perfecting your game when the world is changing so fast that it won't even be relevant by the time it's playable?

steamspy.com/app/413150

for fun

Who wants to help me surprise Wiitchingdev? Give me some ideas for witches and/or broomsticks and I'll take a stab at drawing them.

Dude went to bed already so I want to have something for him when he gets up!

Your entire existence is not relevant at any point in time
Might as well have fun making a game you like

Really good games change the world instead of being changed by the world

If your game is good, people will play it. I hope a lot of people play/buy my game but, I wouldn't exactly mind having a niche either. Having a few extremely loyal fans would make it all worth it.

Nice to see actual devs that don't shit up the thread with drama bullshit coming back

Thanks user.

maybe have an original idea. what do you think makes games change over time in the first place?

>literally stole another agdg'ers game
>increase score 1
>increase score 2
>increase score 3
jesus dude i'm not even mad about the game idea theft, just wtf are you doing with that increase score shit?

Who's Arikado?

no

Isn't steamspy not accurate at all?

You didn't invent that concept dude. And it's been done better anyway.

jukedeck.com
MUSIC BROS - REPLACED

Fads are cyclic, try to predict what comes next. If that sounds a bit too complicated, then look at what has been popular and what is currently popular; try to see if there are any trends. See a potentially over-saturated genre that you can't make any cool twists on? Avoid it.

You don't have to sport all the latest hot trends; as long as you do your game right, it has a chance. Look at undertale; >90% of the games art looks like it could've been done by literally anyone. But it's extremely successful.

Fastest way to fail is to give up.

This is basically why I manage to even live.

Alucard's japanese brother