Now welcoming /civ4xg/ refugees

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!vVgkkQQa!DN9XpmLKWzdBmLL0aOSYfGuesda1m0u8gsfVvC0FsUM
mega.nz/#!MBoGlSZS!7qcIrk-7Vv1TpLmEXZ-2os-B4_5QwTzWXhiZuOvH4j4
mega.nz/#!pdQxQIob!buPr0t5PEDYD1den2PvlPVXl41UvEwcXHoJZDOQcbfY
pcgamer.com/stellaris-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mfw realizing you vassalized your new vassal's vassal

>vassalize the vassal of your newly vassalized vassal who was at war with a previous vassal but remains in a vassal war for vassalization of the other vassal

>White Portraits and Names
mega.nz/#!vVgkkQQa!DN9XpmLKWzdBmLL0aOSYfGuesda1m0u8gsfVvC0FsUM

>40k Cosmetics mod
mega.nz/#!MBoGlSZS!7qcIrk-7Vv1TpLmEXZ-2os-B4_5QwTzWXhiZuOvH4j4

>DLC Folder (spiders and VOID)
mega.nz/#!pdQxQIob!buPr0t5PEDYD1den2PvlPVXl41UvEwcXHoJZDOQcbfY

What exactly is benefit of the vassal?

forced alliance with military access and a cheap way to conquer all of their planets with integration
(post-war)

it only costs 60 warscore to vassalize where it would've taken 300-400 (so 3-4 wars) to cover all of their planets

>get bored and declare war on neighbour, grabbing the two nearest colonies
>they are filled to the brim with that neighbour's species and are unsurprisingly unhappy with their new overlods
>I didn't take xenophopbe so I can't send them off as slaves throughout my empire without pissing off all my pops or purge them
>can't be bothered dealing with their shit so I allow free voting rights as an effort to make them less butthurt and then throw them into a sector
>leader policy is still primary species so I gifure what could go wrong
>as a transcendant republic the next elections roll around and suddenly one of these alien fucks is my faction leader despite his shitty species only existing on two of my thirteen colonies
>he's running on the mandate of returning those colonies

>Asteroid event out of nowhere
>Asteroid going on collision course with one of my planets
>It's alright I'll just send my fleet
>Wait where's the plant
>It's that one fucking system at the edge of the galaxy that got sandwiched between two turbofat empires and got cut off from my territory
>Coincidentially nothing that can shoot is in that system

Plus they have a cute kneeling icon!

Asking again

pls resbon

pcgamer.com/stellaris-review/

So who is right? The reviewer or the people insisting that reviewer is wrong?

perhaps its a mix between the two

No you can't

This would be neat if there were few types of subjugation of alien empires based on ethics and governments, like vassalage, protectorate, puppet, tributary, client state, or if actual terms were negotiated, like payments, access to resources, limiting navy size, access to territory and sensor links. Like xenophobic Empires could ban vassal fleets from coming to their territory, when xenophile would demand free migration or something.
Damn why there is no trade for strategic resources?
Or war subsides or even selling ships for somebody(producing export version with older model weapons and giving it to client and allied states).
Or why there is no option to exile alien population back to their former empire?
Sector management is really shitty, half of governments and traits have little sense, ethics are shit, diplomacy is worse than any paradox game.
Why this game is so hyped?

I think you can. I've 17 planets under 7 sectors and all are proceeding like I'd probably make 'em.

No. AI is brain-dead.
Just increase limit of core worlds and make sectors only when you fully develop worlds.(and then tax then to the max and give them only some cash when they need to develop buildings).

>tfw you find a primitive planet and rev up your anal probing machines

>tfw I don't actually mind diverse human pops but I do mind that my proper Roman Emperor's heir is an Asian man with a Hispanic name

How do you pick up trace components?

>fleet pathing is so shit that when surrounded they do nothing but circle around in the middle and get killed while being unable to return fire

Completely bullshit, the size I went in with should have won so hard that I wasn't worried assigning an "Unyielding" leader to it.

I dont fucking get it.

I am in a war with another race, i destroyed EVERY fucking mine port and harrased every planet but their main.

And the fuckers still manage to have a fleet as powerful as mine?

Shouldnt they be STARVING to death or some shit? i have problems with my army unkeep and all my planets/mines have been untouched by war...

Help :(

Keep in mind what you declare as your government ethos is pretty significant. As an analogy say you're a democracy like the US. Trump becomes president and invades Canada, and after a fast and utterly brutal war he annexes the ravaged remains as a 51st state.

Years down the line an American whose parents were once Canadians gets elected to the presidency on progressive grounds; and one of his platform positions is that Canada should not have been invaded by Trump and annexed as a 51st state. Most America agrees, so he liberates Canada after assuming office.

Anyway, my point is that if you want to be despotic than choose a despotic ethos.

'cus spessss

Destroy their fleet before you destroy the spaceports.

>tfw waiting on an 80 dollar pre order to get refunded so I can buy this.

F U C K

I just want to space war and politic.

My major gripe user is that my leadership policy is set to primary species so that this ugly fuck shouldn't have been elegible for office in the first place.

>Still fresh to the game
>Make a new human American Empire file
>First empire I encounter has -200 opinion
>6 ingame days later they announce me as a rival
>Now -300 opinion

Should I be worried

I found the ruins of a ringworld, was fucking psyched until I realized I didn't know what to do with it.

Can these things be repaired? Do they offer anything other than an interesting habitable zone?

Might have minerals saved or just got really tall

Well if i destroy their fleet i already won... my plan was to reduce their army size when targeting their supplies.

This is so basic for any war that i can't believe they didnt implemented it right... unbelievable

Prepare to be enslaved

This might be the case. I suppose i'll have to wait until victory is certain.

I hope that my actions will at the very least slow them.

The ships presumably self supply. You need to kill the fleet before you the ports. Until the fleet's gone they can still fight.

HOSTILE
FLEET
DETECTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

BRO

BRO

HOSTILE

FLEET

BRO

I had the same problem but it was a Bronze age primitive that got elected to the head of my Military Republic

Oh, yeah, that would be annoying.

I've been trying to play as an isolated empire on the fringe of the galaxy with a science directorate as my governing style personally. But I'm finding myself boxed in quickly by other emerging empires. It's annoying as fuck.

I think I'm going to try playing as the Imperium of Man next, and just fucking purge the repulsive Xeno filth.

no but for real i fucking hate that. there's like 8 different popups when that shit happens

Ahahaha, that's awful.

>get tech that extends wormhole range by 50%
holy shit
I can go anywhere I want to

wew lads should I do it?

What is the correct way to replace a population on a recently conquered planet that isn't your preferred type?

I've been enslaving the natives and moving them around my empire which seems correct, but what is the correct way to get my race there?

Whenever I resettle my people there they get super pissed and just cause faction annoyance.

>Not wanting waifubots

Purge and resettle

Yes, it's not dangerous at all if you don't buildsentients

Check type of planet. if its not friendly to your specie don't bring your pop here.
Enslave all alien pop - don't allow breeding.
Use them in farms and mines. Just keep enough farms to keep them feed and build mines.

>being this much of an autistic shitposter

Anyone upload some mods from steam workshop to mega.
Please.

>watching streams to pass the time as my empire grows

>faggot that bangs on a gong every time he gets a sub
>faggot that thinks he's a pirate with some autistic scene switch when he gets a sub

jesus christ

If that pissed you off you should see the Angry Joes stream of Stellaris, first hour and a half is him sucking sub and donation cock while hes making a race.

that black guy was pretty okay except when he started to explain things over and over and over
people should be banned from making follower/subber notifcations

What is the status on race mods? This is the selling point for me but I can't check the Paradox forums for mods since I haven't bought the game yet. Is anyone working on Protoss or Saiyan mods?

What do I use credits for? I've had max limit for awhile now, I am in a war I might lose as my fleets get fucked up over and over

>What do I use credits for?
growth of everything

First time playing.
R8 my turtle empire

>have some crazy sci-fi technology I'd only be able to imagine in my dreams
>ai is always ahead when it comes to tech

How do I catch up to these fucks? I even cheated to be briefly equal but now they've surpassed me again. I'm gonna spend a bunch of time refitting and upgrading my fleet only to go to war and realize they have black hole cannons or some shit.

But like how

>make fleet larger
>xeno fucks develop energy shields
>make fleet larger and declare war on some other fucks
>their have a bigger army
I swear this must be because of that war I fought for no reason besides killing an entire planet of nasty bug fucks

max planets out for max starports for max fleets
max resources for every star system for max research
if you're already maxed you haven't expanded far

Non adaptive suck ass.
And resilient and strong is not really worth it.

turtlebro/10

No, only 40K mods afaik

This.

If you want shocktroops just genemod them later in the game so that you don't gimp yourself early.

Rapid breeder is best trait.

Everything costs minerals though?

I think im being retarded

most things require monthly energy maintenance

What's the verdict on this game? I love eu4.

bland

Spiritualist for bonus happiness.
Xenophobe and collectivist for purging and enslaving.
Divine mandate grant with them 100% less problems from slavery and xenoslavery.
Slow breeder as you can use spare food to increase growth and research scale with POP. Also it really doesn't matter.
Communal more happiness. Happiness grant bonus to production.
Conformist to reduce ethics sway. With right buildings and policy its should be negative or close to zero even in far away colonies.

My issue is I'm not producing enough minerals because I have to maintain a fleet to defend in war, but not making things gives me an excess of energy credits

Terraforming takes 1500 energy
Suppressing Factions also takes about 200 energy I think.

So I bought the game yesterday but only now joined /stelg/. Although the game is amazing, was really pissed with nigger monkey mugabe princess. Is the GNP supposed to change that? I've installed it and all but all it really does on my games is get rid of some african names, not even the Asian or Middle Eastern ones, which I really don't mind as long as we don't have a black man Takumi or a white, blonde Hasam Najib. So only that and lock the characters to one type. Is it all it does or is mine just wrong and I should try reinstalling?

Mines and stations cost energy to maintain. So build more of them - its give you more minerals at energy cost.

>tempted to make a barebones zeon and earth federation mod just for names and the like really, maybe portraits if I can be bothered to get them looking good

>the federation and zeon don't have stanardised naming schemes so I'd be limited to ones actally used in the show if I wanted to be authentic

THANKS BANDAI

Going for ayylien slavers, but I can't pick xenophile because I want to be able to fuck around with primitives.

epic shitpost bro XD

>bronze age civilization somehow owning crystaline ships
what

I finally won my first war after failing my two first games, boy do i suck at this game but i love it.

Yeah, because Veeky Forums is the paragon of virtue of the internet. Everyone just LOVES Social Justice here, matter of fact, Veeky Forums's trying REAL hard to keep mods such as that, in the trash, where they belong. I'm asking a valid question, is the mod working how it's supposed to be or not. If you don't have any valuable input about that, keep your faggot mouth shut or go bother someone else.

>get abducted by ayyliens
>they bit off more than they could chew - through luck and skill manage to kill your ayylien overlords
>stranded on a ship you don't understand, totally out of your depth
>slowly, over generations, learn to fly it
That's my guess.

>tfw no easy way to see all ship aesthetics at once without playing through a game and >finish_research

Reptilian ships are pure sex desu tho.

>pirates spawn, supposedly disaffected elements of my own empire
>somehow have a bigger, more powerful fleet than me

No, I don't understand.

Nothing can stop CK2 Adventurers not even space travel.

>start game as divine mandate
>doing tutorial fine following instructions and grasping ideas
>suddenly old defectors from my homeworld show up with a few ships on a nearby planet
>decide 'oh ok this is the combat part of the tutorial. Surely I'll win or it will give me tips to fightning'
>engage
>die, losing my entire starting fleet and them losing one ship
uhhhhhh I'm not even mad I'm just impressed and confused.

Terrorists in Syria have bigger army than Syrian government

Okay, what do I use energy credits for. I'm maxing out on this shit

Just happened to me too. I only have two planets.

I'm confused.

This is my only gripe
My Habsburg's heir shouldn't be some random 3rd worlder who's name doesn't even match where they're supposed to be from

I have more energy than I know what to do with, as in always within 250 of the cap. I keep large fleets around (even though im peaceful), so I usually only have +5 or so energy income.

I want to take my 30 destroyers and just steamroll over my neighbor but im pretty sure itll end up terribly for me.

is it ok to use the pre-order dlc mod on steam?

Are there really only three late game crisis?

That's a bit dissapointing

They seem to be slightly tougher than your ships, or at least they focus fire better. You don't need to worry too much though, you can run away and heal while they just stay in the same spot and never repair.

how do I make my fleet focus fire better? I thought it was just. Face smash and wait for an outcome.

The ai never builds the to limit from my experience, so if your empires are the same size just build to limit and have a bit of metal saved up just in case.

Not that guy but I took non-adaptive on my race because it seemed like the least-worst negative trait to take to balance things out with the positive ones I had.

The other alternatives like Weak or Slow Breeders sounded awful

anyone know if it's possible to terraform Tundra to Continental?

When the fuck do I get a new energy solution to power my ships?

I have tier V and that's way too little for my advanced shit.

It's a space opera game, so it's not too crazy. Like something out of your Korean cartoons though.

Any way to "spy" on your friend's planets?

I tricked some ppl into letting my fast breeding nomatic Turkroaches migrate to their planets but I have no way to see the havock they are causing.

Also what's with Pirates of my race showing up to kill my own civilization?

Guys is the nova edition worth it for the exclusive alien race? Whats the race like? Does it have bonuses or something other races don't get? Committed to buying the game but not sure which version.

there's an option under information in the trade menu - I can't remember the exact name, but it's not star charts and there's only two.

You basically get to "see" what they see and usually they'll only do it for a bunch of minerals or a mutual sight-sharing.