/xsfg/ - XSEED and Friends General, formerly /rfhmg/

Knitting Edition

A general for talking about games published and developed by XSEED Games/Marvelous USA and their partners, including Rune Factory, Story of Seasons & pre-SOS Harvest Moon, PoPoLoCrois, Ys, The Legend of Heroes and Earth Defense Force 2017/2/4.1 (Senran Kagura fans should visit /skg/ due to the sheer volume of Senran Kagura activity).

Marvelous has announced Story of Seasons: Cherished Friends of Three Villages, scheduled to be released in Japan June 23 for 3DS systems.
Official Website: bokumono.com/series/tomodachi/index.html
An introduction trailer has just been released: [YouTube] 3DS『牧場物語 3つの里の大切な友だち』紹介映像第1弾
gematsu.com/?s=story of seasons

Return to PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale is out in the EA/Australia and NA alike for Nintendo 3DS.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is being localized for PC in 2017, while Trails of Cold Steel II NA releases for Vita and PS3 are due this fall. Steam and the PS Store currently have sales for TitS and SC.
gematsu.com/2016/03/legend-heroes-trails-sky-3rd-coming-west-pc-2017

Ys VIII Vita is set for a June 21 release in Japan, PS4 version in 2017.
gematsu.com/?s=Ys VIII

Someone ported XSEED's translation of Ys: Memories of Celceta to the Chinese PC version:
mega.nz/#F!HssCDDYZ!QLkmrL0kMhndI3i7fYzIQA

Wikias:
therunefactory.wikia.com/wiki/Rune_Factory_Wiki
harvestmoon.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
fogu.com/

RF/Story of Seasons Stuff
fogu.com/sos1/
pastebin.com/qzgac5X7
docs.google.com/document/d/1uzfx84FBSY50B_mLKDweztBBvbcsA8lzXXSRvOrUVlg/edit
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wJAHbfCCha37NPdyzgOQzNQTX-Q2OHRXPWao-gN1AG8/
mega.nz/#F!adEBFboA!wTzdKkk5KKCppb1N2b_qRw

Falcom music archive:
pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=imEXQlNvLtM&list=PLzFTGYa_evXhVfVz3lRaH3Aqw9Iw-6Vlo&index=7
mega.nz/#F!8kxjFajD!jrlmgv7vzPpFeMoipRJ_Lw
youtube.com/watch?v=IKDLxlROGJI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This was the longest the thread was down.

We're alive.

Ys Eternal GS MIDI soundtrack's up on Falcom Music Channel: youtube.com/watch?v=imEXQlNvLtM&list=PLzFTGYa_evXhVfVz3lRaH3Aqw9Iw-6Vlo&index=7

Folder link: mega.nz/#F!8kxjFajD!jrlmgv7vzPpFeMoipRJ_Lw

I asked this just before the last thread crashed: how old do you think Gabbie looks (not necessarily is)? I'd guess at most around her mid-teens. Maybe.

Sounds about right.

Amber pls

So the same dangerously loliesque age as Amber?

I'd say Gabbie looks a little bit older than Amber.

I like lolis.

Really? I thought Amber looks older. Amber looks like she could be 16ish, while Gabbie maybe could push 14-15ish.

Addie is my current favorite in FM. Eggs is my favorite in RF4.

I've got the girl for you.

KUSO MY UNKO UP KAZOKU

You got the reverse potion event? Lucky you.

I had planned to sleep until I got it, but when I turned on the game and went to add Jones to my party the event triggered.

I wasn't expecting this game to be so crappy

maybe i just got my hopes up because some retards described it as valkyria chronicles-esque

I didn't think it was that terrible, the worst points for me were the slow animations and the battles can get pretty annoying.

I rate the game as "meh." Not great, not terrible.

Remember when we were expecting it to be essentially RF5?

>because some retards described it as valkyria chronicles-esque

Man, I wish that game was more like VC. I'd actually bother to finish it if that was the case.

Sometimes I think it's a greater sin for a game to be mediocre. At least with bad games you can either wash your hands of them quicker or derive some enjoyment out of how bad it is.

I was never expecting that. Where did you guys even get the idea that it would be like that?

From what we read, we thought the game would consist of inn management and maybe a little farming on the side. I thought it'd be some awesome game where you live day to day managing the inn and interacting with the waifus (other anons probably did too).

Then it turns out to be a very linear game (almost as linear as Glory Of Heracles for DS) where "managing the inn" is merely a story element you don't really control.

That's probably why I didn't think it was that bad, because I had no expectations for it going in.

That's Julia form RF2.

whoops
meant for

Cool. I'm guessing she's a Coquille?

I started a NG+ of LoM yesterday and I don't think it's that bad. :/

There's a NG+ of Forbidden Magna?

No that's actually Rosalind (pic related). Julia is just the bathhouse owner

So... can't-have?

Huh? I never said that

Oh good. I assumed that she was one of those hard-working loveable people you can't marry like the elf smith in RFF.

Nah, that'd be Tanya who is also a blacksmith

Qt Carmen in the back there.

According to Merlin's Shop Of Mystical Wonders (1995, MST3K 1998), using magic makes you grow older faster. Good thing that doesn't apply to the world of RF.

Is she anything like the smith in RFF?

There is. You can carry on levels of two characters, five items, all the money + keep H3 scenes you've already watched.

So how does it work? Can you pick the slot where to save it, or does it replace the file you finished?

Also, I just got the nude scene. How close am I to the end?

Still don't know how to get the Atelier Sai Falcom Heroines figurines, not that they look that good.

Once you clear the game save in an empty spot. Once you load the new file you get to choose the bonuses as well as the choice to change the name of your character.

Really depends on how good you're at combat + many H-scenes you've seen so far and whose scenes they were.

I've never seen the area in that gif before. Is it someplace you can actually get to in the game?

You can only visit Alen Smithy's Graveyard, the secret Falcom developer room, in the original Ys Eternal. Here's a video w/guide for visiting it and what to do there: youtube.com/watch?v=IKDLxlROGJI

Pic related, it's the route you need to travel in Ghidona, the desert area of Legend of Heroes III: White Witch (PC-98 and Win9x versions), to reach the secret Falcom room in that game.

I wonder why they removed it in Chronicles.

Thanks for that pic. I'll have to use that when I get around to playing LoH3. I picked it up during that Falcom sale on DLsite where everything was half off. I also picked up LoH1 and Zwei II Plus though so it'll be a while.

np

It's not available in Complete either, who knows why they stopped inserting this as part of their games' omake.

It's the one with the video clip.

H A M T A R O

You can fuck the fox as either a guy or girl

>bishie doctor get
>fox girl(?) get
>still no christmas cake

At least Dessie and Witchie make a comeback.

There better be a qt nurse around.

Dessie still as cute as ever.

The Harvest Goddess is still a loli?

>fox girl
>will most likely be a can't have

Why?

>will most likely be a can't have

Fear not, friend.

イナリちゃまとも結婚できる!

Don't play games with me user. Are you saying I can touch the fluffy tail?

Absolutely. And as the article and suggests, you can probably do so with the male or female player character.

>イナリちゃまの性別。 男の子なのか、それとも女の子なのか.....!?

"As for Inari-chama's sex. Could they be a boy, or maybe a girl...!?"

So they're Schrodinger's Trap?

Oh gosh, I hope this means we get some cute-ass fox kids out of this as well.

Maybe. Just like Jamie.

Youkai aren't known to identify to any gender, just like the Norse Gods (Loki, in particular).

Okay, stupid question.

To complete Eliza's order to get a weapon skill to 15, it needs to actually be something like long sword or spear, right? It won't accept any of the magic skills?

That doesn't look like knitting.

How many flans could a Dolce fan if a Dolce could fan flan?

(bump post)

Why would Dolce fan a flan when she would just eat it?

Nah' she's a weapon nut, whereas the elf in RFF was just always talking about how she's better than you at smithing iirc.

Because it's too hot to eat?

I know jack shit about how flan is served...

Cold.

Like my ex's heart.

grind your cooking and animals up woman

bask in the sheer superiority of my level 10 chemically infused superflan

What Falcom games are XSEED least likely to localize? Stuff on consoles like Nayuta no Kiseki have absolutely no chance so I'm not even counting those. The only one that will probably happen is Tokyo Xanadu cause the Vita isn't completely dead yet. This leaves just the PC stuff.

I'm not worried about games like Zwei II and Dinosaur Resurrection since those are 3D and can be messed with to meet more modern PC standards (I'm starting to play Zwei II myself and I can say it's already there) but I'm unsure about stuff like Zwei!! and the pre-Kiseki LoH games which are all 2D assets. I can't imagine it would be easy to justify localizing those nowadays.

It's a cold, hard pudding (well, hard for a pudding).

Pretty sure we can rule Personal Stripper out, as interesting as exploring the weirder and seedier origin of some game developers can be.

Fuck, what do I do? should I go for fluffly tail or conflicted tomboy? I've never been conflicted on such a choice before.

>Fucking Hamtaro crossover

wat

this is so out of nowhere

>tfw have to choose between qt teacher, waitress and fluffy tail

If they add a qt nurse I don't what to do.

yep, this is gonna be a hell of a game.
I just hope the waifuable characters have some Elise level of development or RF tier at best.

always fluffy tail

Marvelous needs to start taking notes and poaching folks from decent HVN devteams so we can have our bigamy and harem ends already.

>Will never be able to marry both tan twins and get some double paizuri and twincest action
>Will never double-team the fluffy fox girl with the tomboy maid using a strap-on, gently tweaking her ears *juuuuust* right so that she melts as the two of you DP her lower orifices
>Will never marry the maid and teacher and spend the rest of your carnal days in double-pronged femdom, getting spitroasted and subjected to softer BDSM and affectionate teasing
>Will never entrance and captivate the whole lot of 'em, leading to orgies ranging from fluffy yuri to toy-assisted debauchery that leaves all involved knocked up with your kids and giving you a veritable army of brats to help you on the farm when they get old enough

GitS-style neural cybernetics that will allow us to create that perfect farming+RPG+dating sim+hentai VN virtual reality game through sheer thought alone when?

i don't want to leave my imagination in charge of creating a world

FUCK

I WAS COMPLETELY PREPARED TO DROP THE SERIES

BUT FUCKKK

>fox has no associated gender

I'm not entirely happy for this.

I mean, I'm all for progressiveness and shit, but fuck it if I'll be happy for the gloating Tumblr crowd. They're pretty obnoxious about gender-specific garbage. They'll be chanting 'we won!' or some other equivalent in tumblrmoon.

Fuck.

Just think of Jamie from Magical Melody and ignore them.

What I worry about is the fujoshits and the art they'll put out.

Whaaaaat? the fox is a Xe?
well that discards him/her/it.

teacher and tomboy are still the only worthwhile options.

Its preferences are nondiscriminatory by what you're packing, but you don't know for sure what it's packing under there until you take tt off.

Really scary Schrödinger's situation. Schrödinger's pants.

fox spirits are shapeshifters i'm sure it'd be fine

If the children don't get ears then I'm dropping the fox. It's not hard thing to do.

literally who cares though, you'll get your half dozen tumblr edits within a week

Why would I care about tumblr edits? What's in the actual game itself is what's important.

>marry fox
>get the same children as everyone else just with different hair color
>no fox features

Fuck that.

HAM

>Stuff on consoles like Nayuta no Kiseki have absolutely no chance
Little King's Story could do well and clear the way for more PC ports, meaning Nayuta and others would have a chance.

Obviously that experiment's gonna have to sell well for XSEED to start contracting more PC ports, but for the moment it's a future we can look forward to. Nayuta, Ys Seven, and Brandish TDR will need some work to perform well on the Steam/GOG markets though. Zwei!! and earlier Falcom games should be marketable, the former having a standout art-style and good word of mouth; you have a point about Gagharv, but maybe Sara and friends could hack the PSP portrait art and rearrangements into the Win9x games to make them attractive.

>Little King's Story could do well and clear the way for more PC ports, meaning Nayuta and others would have a chance.

Man, I hope so. Although if they could do some porting I'd imagine Zero and Ao would be at the absolute top of the list so they can fill that gap in Trails. Personally though, by the time that happens I might be able to work my way through Evo anyway and that seems to be better than the PSP/PC version.

>Zwei!! and earlier Falcom games should be marketable, the former having a standout art-style and good word of mouth

If they do bring over Zwei!! I wonder whether they'll somehow make it widescreen like the PSP version or keep it 4:3 as it currently is. Either way, I hope they can work in all the PSP features like the redone soundtrack and actual character portraits. I do love the OST for that game but some of those PSP tracks are really nice.

>you have a point about Gagharv, but maybe Sara and friends could hack the PSP portrait art and rearrangements into the Win9x games to make them attractive

Didn't some other company like Konami or Bandai handle the Gagharv remakes? I think that would have the same problem they had with Corpse Party where they just can't use the newer art and things because it's owned by a company they aren't working with.