What stocks should I invest in? I know nothing about business and it all looks foreign...

What stocks should I invest in? I know nothing about business and it all looks foreign. I'm 18 and about to go to college, and I want early success.

I recommend these perennial favorites from Veeky Forums

$KNPD
$MWSH
$VSLN
$NLSX

Dump a ton of your cash into $CARA, you'll thank me in three months.

Just put all your extra college monies into some vanguard fund.

Here's a simple and stupid plan; see if you can find the problems with it.

Equal parts VTI VEU and VWO.

VTI is a total market fund, so it is weighted to the US. To diversify, add VEU. VEU is world - US. This leaves us overweight in the EU. Add VWO to balance things out a bit more; it is the developing world, nothing in the EU or the US.

THIS

Although I think holding VEU and VWO is redundant. Many people would even argue that VTI by is enough international exposure because of the all the multinational companies it holds.
OP. If I was you I would set up an account with betterment with 90-100% stock.(You'll see what I mean when you set up account.) Make sure you use the auto deposit option to keep fees down. Good luck!

NVDA

>$NLSX
They had a painful start, but it was a fast build to their earnings release.

AT&T (T)
Procter and Gamble (PG)
Boeing (BA)
Lockheed Martin (LMC)
Ford (F)
Bank of America (BAC)
Smith and Wesson (SWHC)
Gilead (GILD)
Waste Management (WM)

blog.objectiveforex.com/p/long-term-super-stocks.html

its always wise to use $VSLN as a hedge if you ever think of investing in $NLSX. There simply is not alternative

NLSX is very dangerous. i recommend selling covered calls and simply collecting premiums. it would be very painful otherwise if you're forced to sell.

Deutsche is looking good. That and Enron.

G O O D O N E
O
O
D

O
N
E

Nike. Always Nike. When I go through a hard time and I'm feeling down I invest about 6k into Nike. Usually rises about 6 - 10%

Really cheers me up.

why write like that?

>$NLSX
hey guys i'm retarded is this netflix?

I think you guys are just scared.
That talk about a hostile takeover by $STDS was a bunch of bullshit.

If you're too retarded to see what it is on Google then I guess yeah you really are retarded user :^)

my assets got destroyed by the $STDS take-over..my main source of revenue, demolished

let this be a lesson to everyone

I know you’ve been fed some version of the implicit promise that if you go to a good school and get good grades that you are now going to get a good job.

Historically speaking, that was true. If you graduated with a good degree in 1970, you could probably land a position that had decent pay out the gate, some social status, and a good career trajectory to boot.

That is no longer true. We’ve seen the number of college graduates globally go from ninety million to one hundred and thirty million between 2000 and 2010. It took all of human history to get to ninety million and then only ten years to add another forty million.

What was once scarce is now abundant. Even though the cost of a degree has risen ten fold since 1978, it’s value is stagnant or declining. According to the Economic Policy Institute, workers with undergraduate degrees (but not graduate degrees) earned, on average, $30.05 an hour in 2001. In 2014, they earned $29.55 an hour. Other sources show even more dramatic falls.

if you go long term youre going to have to deal with the fact that one day everything will be gone and you will have to wait for it to come back maybe in a month or two. short term will only get you a couple hundred extra. i recommend for you to make money first and then invest, not the other way around.