/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General

ROBIGO EDITION

1.6 and 2.1 The Engineers update and Beta Hype

>Where do I buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The higher population the better.
A good example is Ray Gateway at Diaguandri

>What’s this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. Spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES is best left alone until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide: forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Market Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loopshttp://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship & module discounts
Go to eddb.io/stationSet power to Li-Yon Rui
Set reference system to your current locationSet Station sells ship/module to what you need
Find Stations
Enjoy 15% discount

>Test your ships before you buy: edshipyard.com/http://coriolis.io/

>I have a question!
elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wiki/Elite_Dangerous_Wiki

>My game is not working!
support.frontier.co.uk/kb/

>Where to grind fed/empire rep?
17Draconis/Tamar.

>Is Horizon worth buying?
No, ask again in 6 months

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/43q0zq/better_and_faster_way_to_empire_ranks_than_cubeo/
edshipyard.com/#/L=705,A5e4zh4zh7u57u501Q0_g0_g0_g,2-B69Y7_6uB6A08I,7UI0AA7iM7iM50U9tQ5DI1IM2UI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump from my trading cutter, is there any point in doing smuggling instead?

What ship you're flying in? Are you looking to start LRS?

I'm thinking of doing robigo/fehu in an asp, tried it once before, but I got scanned before I managed to deliver all the missions.

Oh yeah and it's mainly just to get to elite, the extra money is nice, but I heard that engineer recipies require ranks.

>but I heard that engineer recipies require ranks
Not pilot federation ranks.

Oh, what does it require?

Each upgrade has five tiers. Upper tiers are unlocked by simply making more upgrades.

What weapon loadout is best on a Vulture?

Let's fucking hope the ranking system gets revamped. The current dull mission grind is even more tedious as grinding for credits.

What for? for pve, I'd go for 2 large pulses, gimballed.

If you're talking about military ranks then yeah, Brookes said he wants it to look like you're actually in the millitary, like a mini campaign.

Knowing FD tho we'll have to wait a couple of years for that.

Faction ranks. Fuck the grind and all the meaningless exploits people are seeking. I want my Cutter. Creds aplenty. Still stuck at Serf.

>Go to Sag*A when you're done with, they said
>It's worth a shot, they said
It was wow_its_fucking_nothing.gif And now I have to go all the way back. Great.

Chill, user.
Try this: reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/43q0zq/better_and_faster_way_to_empire_ranks_than_cubeo/

I've never understood people going all the way to Sag A. I tried exploring once, but after 5000ly I grew bored of it, and had to fly all the way back...;

They are adding wingmate boost engineer upgrades in 2.1. Expect plebbit circlejerk wings with dedicated recorders fucking up everyone.

Then again, we get to watch forumdads and reddit shout at each other. That's a good thing, right?

And there are people who went there in an Eagle and shit like that. It takes madness or/and autism to justify that kind of shit. Why would you do that? WHY?

Care to elaborate? People flying in wings get bonuses?

>eagle
>WHY.jpg

There are many upgrades that boost wingmates' performance. And most importantly, beam laser gets healing mod. Enjoy trying to kill anything when a wing has dedicated healer. It's like SCB cancer meta all over again except it's reserved for autists.

Ah well, if they can exploit it, so can I. Few things can crack my battleconda's shields faster than I can spool up FSD again, so I'm mostly safe.

Esp considering there's a mod boosting FSD charge speed.

So, have any of you bought skins from FDev?

Isn't there a way to boost jump range and such already?

Yeah, that also.

Just the tactical FDL ones, kinda regret it. Wish there were F corvette skins

Does anyone have some exceptional trading routes they wouldn't mind sharing?

How's this multirole python loadout?

edshipyard.com/#/L=705,A5e4zh4zh7u57u501Q0_g0_g0_g,2-B69Y7_6uB6A08I,7UI0AA7iM7iM50U9tQ5DI1IM2UI

What ship are you using for trade?

The cutter.

So they get top thread on reddit when they post it.

Eagle isn't that bad, Beagle Point in a corvette is worse

Shoot authority vessels before they finish scanning you, it interrupts the process and even in civilised space it only gives you a 10 minute bounty, if you're at a station and getting scanned just alt tab to task manager and kill the process

Escaping scans is just about getting gud. Running in windowed mode and closing the window is much faster in killing the game.

Is closing the window the "getting gud" part?

That is probably the best protip I've gotten for E:D

How long do the scans take and what do I do after logging back in?

The scans take 10 seconds. Just boost away, deploy hardpoints. Most of the time your >ASP reaches the 3km scanner limit and the scan stops. Deploying hardpoints usually stops the scan as well.

If you kill the game during a scan. Just restart and carry on.

I do robigo in a Python so shooting is my only real option.

Does hitting the window x actually stop the scan? I know some methods of closing the game let the scan continue so you log back on to the game with all your missions failed

Dude, get an Asp. Better jump range, better boost speed and no need for shooting. Just submit to interdiction, hit boost, boost, boost and spool up FSD. I can confirm hitting X kills the game and stops the scan. Unless you decide to wait 8 secs after SCAN DETECTED. Scan takes 10 seconds, so I can't vouch for that.
Unless Ftroop nerfed it, the missions only fail after the scan is completed. You usually get a fine, too.

I have an asp though and I prefer doing Robigo in my Python, if you manoeuvre properly in SC you don't need to worry about getting interdicted and the vast increase in cargo capacity is worth the few extra jumps imho

Thank you wise CMDR.

Oh, just to clarify I'm and not

inb4 fucking ded.

Why are all the old men so salty in this game.

>Elite
>A country for old men

Think about it. When everything in their life is grey and mundane and then they get a space game like this. Then someone comes and ruins their shit in their fantasy land as well. Yeah. Pretty clear.

I had a shit ton of fun fucking with those Adle's armada guys in eravate, when I managed to run away from them, EVERY TIME, one of them would send me hatemail.

Because they don't want pvp or challenge, thats the one thing I like about Hudson powerplay, its not full of forumdads.

Then why in the world would they join shit like Adle's Armada, fucking PVP space police.

Because AA sits in Hudson space and its good publicity, I can assure you Hudson does not care about killing Harmless ships if they have a powerplay tag.

So the dudes on hudson TS are cool?

From my experience, yeah, most of the forumdads are Mahon or Empire who actually brag about doing all their forts and undermining in mobius or solo.

Sounds like I'll have to go back to Hudson, do you do pvp and all that? I could use someone to wing with, get gud and all

Yeah, just flying through nanomam is PVP enough and all undermining and fort on TS is done in open.

I've done a few PvP wings in Nanomam, Gateway and Kamedahu as well. We have the most enemy factions as well I guess so most opportunity for pvp.

Don't bother making another thread.