/stg/ - Stellaris General

Mushroom People Edition

>What is Stellaris?
A grand strategy game set in space developed by Paradox Development Studios.

>Holy shit this looks awesome should I buy it???
Pirate it and decide for yourself. You get multiplayer out of buying it.

>Are there any mods out for this?
Ask in the thread if you're looking for something.

>This general description is horrible
Post ITT if you want something added for future threads.

Can't stop the train now.

Is the multiplayer just buggy and useless as shit right now?

I can't get it to work with my friend

I also can't find the ports listed anywhere

I used that phenotype for my direct democracy fanatic xenophillic materialists

HAHA TIME TO PURGE.

>can't launch the game
>try everything in my power to figure out the problem
>give up andsend a .dmp file along with a ticket to Paradox
>get standard copy paste answers and tells me a hotfix is on the way
>tell them I've done all that
>they release the hotfix
>doesn't work for me
>write back to them
>they suggest I check if a certain folder is there on my computer
>the same one the .dmp files are stored in
>mfw

Seriously considering a refund here.

>popped collar

swagshroom

>my alliance votes to attack warmongering neighbour
>wargoal is to liberate the northern 1/3 of the enemy
>war breaks out
>i send my murderstack fleet straight for the enemy capital instead
>enemy ai sends their entire navy there
>the plan is to keep the enemy away so that my allies can liberate the planets
>ally instead send their navies to join me
>okay
>defeat enemy fleet, bombard capital
>allies still won't move on the wargoals
>warp my fleet home for repairs
>allies follow me home instead of going for the wargoals
>realize that i actually have to do everything myself
Great AI.

>no automate construction or survey option

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING????

>not pirate it first and see if it can actually run
There's no one to blame but yourself.

>Can't connect to a multiplayer game if the host has a COSMETIC pre-order DLC on
Holy Christ would it be so bad for me to see some mildly animated aliens I can't pick myself?

FLEET COMPOSITION TIPS PLS

>Hyperlanes for everyone gamestart
>this happens

What year does the late game start?

ship design -> upgrade the ship type you made before -> save with the same name (overwrite) -> upgrade fleet at a spaceport

But user, then you'd have to download it which would make it easier to pirate!

if you have all your ships in one stack the AI assumes you want to concentrate as much force as possible and just follows you.

Split your murderstack and they'll go do shit on their own.

TORPEDOES

I did. Both repacks.

Then I figured it might be a problem because I run 64 bit Win7, and they might be repacked for 32 bit.

So I bought it on Steam, expecting it to work. It didn't, so I sent a ticket to Paradox in good conscience, only to get standard answers.

I would fucking love to have a homeworld that defensible

Fleet, not ships

4 corvettes to a destroyer, 2 destroyers to a cruiser, 2 cruisers to a battleship. Don't bother with fancy utilities until cruiser, just power the lower tiers barely enough for weapons. Keep a healthy reserve of corvettes and destroyers for your fighting unit.

So whats the optimal build for a species totally fine with genocide and having slaves? I go Fanatic Xenophobe and the Conformist trait and about 1/4 of the population are upset about slaves.

Why would a developer do this? In their eyes I'm the same as a pirate because I didn't pre-order.
Guess I should have tried multiplayer before my alloted 2 hour refund warranty was used up.

Windows being 32bit/64bit is irrelevant since they both can run 32bit programs. Hell, lots of windows components are still running on 32bit on every version. Something's fucky with your computer and it's not because of the game.

Expanding from there seems tough though. Hyperplane doesn't seem to be friendly towards exclaves, unlike wormholes

On an unrelated note, you might want to consider adding regen hulls to corvettes and destroyers for rotation, if the minerals are not a problem

Best traits are..?

Fanactic collectivist spiritualists with divine mandate.

fast breeding.

how do you enter into an actually useful research agreement?

What exactly triggers the AI rebellion? im wondering if theres anyway to abuse it and direct it at a fallen empire

Void Clouds are frightening

What do I pair that with? I'm going for a multi-ethnic galactic republic

I've had problems with 32bit games before because of my architecture.

I already verified my entire fucking file system, and updated my BIOS, plus updated Win7 to the newest, plus checked that all DirectX and .NET and code libraries were okay.

I really don't know what the fuck is going on.

Talented and Intelligent. Weak and Slow Learner are great talents to lower the trait point cost, as is Decadent if you're not above enslaving aliens for menial labor

Pair it with 'weak' since that one only affects ground battle. Extra points go to, I dunno, the one that gives you more energy?

Why can't I see my friend's game on LAN?

We've both deactivated firewalls and are on the same steam download region.

Has anyone encountered any problems similar to this?

Piss easy to beat

Thanks, good idea. I'll find some other race to join the republic (by force or otherwise) and then make them fight my ground battles.

Really? I've just been massing cruisers and destroyers. Can't make battleships yet.

Clearly you are no better than a pirate, goy. How can you expect those poor devs to feed their family if you don't preorder the collectors edition of a new IP?
Either pirate the DLC or get whoever you're playing with to turn it off in the launcher

>Hope that there are no bad consequences.

Dare I?

>because of my architecture
What, being 64bit? If so, like I said, it's irrelevant. The only programs that have problems are outdated shit that would run on highly specific hardware anyway.

Something's fucky for sure.

How the hell do war demands work? Dragging the goal does nothing

>Reveals Resource: Alien Pets

When I put mods into my mods folder in documents they don't show up in the launcher, it just says "all (0)" and gives a blank window area.

How the fuck do I convince this carrier battleship to go and sit next to other botes with its tiny-ass range instead of slowly moving in circles and getting artillery in the face until it dies.

>no option to penalize

scrap it all

that's fucking retarded.

>tfw no space tentacles pet to please myself sexually with
JUST

thanks friendo, gonna try to make a mos eisley clusterfuck world with like 6 different species of slaves

what am I supposed to do here?

I assume I have to blow up the transport ship but I don't see it

Would you modify your entire species genes to make them superior in every way ?

3 corvettes beat a single destroyer despite having fewer firepower. You can still win fights with your fleet, but you are going to sustain many more losses compared to a more balanced composition.

r8/h8 my battleship

no idea wtf is the best, shield oriented ship, hull buffer or pure armor. for weapons I have this fancy arc emitter, only for L, and the gauss cannon (t5 for S,M, L) as an option

Synthetics, synthetics everywhere.

Top one kicks the natives back an age to make them forget.
Bottom kills 1 population and gets rid of the pyramid.

I'm hoping on no bad consequences.

No

Man's got to know his limitations

Damn space underground railroad.

No, you'll need to send ground troops in. You have to bring your own transports there.

>has one transport ship in orbit
Make an army and move it into orbit.

there are no checks to whether a player owns the DLC their game is running?

Has any modder announced the mods they're gonna make for the game? I am just curious as to what to expect in the coming days/weeks/months

There wasn't in any previous game I'm fairly sure.
Or maybe that was just for singleplayer.

fucking kek

That could become an issue.

I'm having incredible but annoying luck with research
>searching system
>anomaly detected
>free upgrade to blue lasers 2 years in
>update the main corvette design to have blue lasers
>send back for refitting
>takes about a year
>send back to an explored system between two scanned systems
>anomaly detected!
>scanning...
>new thrusters!
FUG

>Either pirate the DLC
Can I do that and connect to games?
I really want to refund but I guess playing 20 hours of singleplayer before attempting MP excludes me from that option.

>finally understand how to genome my pops 100 years after start
>40900 months

Why do I love the early game so fucking much

Maybe its the space exploration music along with trying to find the most cheese start possible

Does committing genocide have cumulative negative ratings bonus? I got -90 for wiping out one primitive species, but I just finished conquering an irritating rival and he has 7 planets worth of talking fungus things I need to send to the gas chambers.

So I've been exploring remaining parts of galaxy with my 2 best science ships and turns out this huge chunk was some fallen empire all along, now both of those ships are in the middle there and they are marked in outliner as "missing in action", I suppose because I don't have border access with this empire and they have nowhere to warp to, but I can't get access because it's fallen empire and they got dismissive attitude, so what do?

>That empty utility slot

I always go for nanobot swarms, but you can do shit like turn your battleship into a warp snare.

Pick a utility, don't leave it empty.

Only the host needs the actual DLC afaik.

Yes, but you can prevent them from reproducing.

I'm afraid I can't do that dave.
Those planets belong to my people, not talking 6 foot fungus things

What is the best weapon type and why is it missiles/torpedoes?

Nevermind, fixed by building new ships and reassigning those 5 lvl scientists to them, reassigning is still possible in this case.

Purge them.

You have a duty to your people, not to opinion of disgusting aliens.

>Its Psi Jump drive research

So this can trigger Unbidden invasion?Is it worth researching for F U N ?

My fleets tends to be composed of heavy carriers with tons of shields, heavy hitter cruisers with torpedoes and railguns, and a swarm of corvettes with shield-burning weapons

Why isn't this called /gsg/ for Grand Stellaris General?

How safe are robots if I never research sentient AI or built anything more advanced?

Missing in action reappear after a few months.

Then purge, but you will very likely lose on beneficial alien diplomacy like research agreements, star maps and resource trading.

Because point defense systems erryday, best weapon is lasers.

A few warhammer40k fans said they're working on a very complete w40k mod

I've just gone 100% torpedo boats so far. I've only had two decent wars (not counting ones where I significantly outnumbered the enemy), but in both cases I'd wipe out half the enemy fleet before they even fired a shot because of their superior range.

>and turns out this huge chunk was some fallen empire all along,
How does that happen

Stellaris is an underdeveloped 4x shit game
prove me wrong
there's almost no depth to it

pretty safe
Even if you get skynet you can always curb it before anything drastic happens.

Its the synths you have to worry about.
the synths

Not safe at all.

Robotic factions with a sentient AI curb stomp empires, and have to be nipped in the bud fast as fuck. On top of being industrious fuckers their research speed is phenomenal, and left to their own devices they'll unleash holy hell on the universe.

Most people are big fans of Victoria 2, but generally started with CK2/EU3 (or EU4 if you're a newerfag).

the utility slot, I have 3 options the 3 looking pretty meh, and I will have -195 power with it; so that means losing tank and adding more reactors.

anyone tried this setup already? this high range/alpha/snipe arc emitter style?

and again, can anyone guide me about the tanking stuff?
shield?
armor?
hull buffer?

How do you make carriers actually reach anything, besides via ambushing with a ftl trap?

How do I integrate a vassal empire?

diplomacy panel --> integrate

Depends what you're up against.

I prefer shields, but some weapons are effective vs shields or even ignore them entirely (missiles), so there's not one obviously superior option.

Is there more required to build a battleship than the space fort 6 upgrade?

Do you not have the nanobot swarms?

When I made my battleships I had 20 of them stacked with nanobots. The effect being that every month they regenerated 100% of their health.

Add on top of that shields and armor, enemy factions could barely damage my cruisers faster than they could heal. It's nuts.

90% of my battles were either them warping into a trap because I splitted my navy in 2, or my doomstack getting "trapped" with their entire fleet

No........ what's wrong with your game main