esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds

[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

EU and NA PC guilds are in the works.

>We have a Discord open for every platform:
discord.gg/0zy535yopcQNGH6I

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kgzzJDwHy3k
youtube.com/watch?v=zG-nQTtdbLs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

#content

So guys i have 2 questions since i just got veteran for first time.

Im tanking and my build its mostly defensive but i keep listening that i should get a more damaging build. I always feel that if i get less damage my healer can focus on doing more damage but i dont know how the end game pve its working about this.

Second. How the free cp of DB works again? Why is free cp? If i dont grind to vet16 before the release i cant get the points later?

Thanks!

I keep seeing those fucking thieves troves wherever I go. Is the thieves' guild DLC worth it for somebody who still has to go through 2/3 of the alliance zones?

Tanking: Don't need to do dps, that's the job of the healer and dps. However if you can do dps while tanking that's great and possible. I have a tank with max health attributes who can switch to dps gear. It's less efficient than a pure dps, but it works.

Free CP: You get 2.5 free cp for every veteran level you have. It scales up to 40 free cp for v16. You don't get the points later as veteran levels are being removed.

They sometimes are at cool secret places, fucking jews.

I just bought it because exactly what you said started pissing me off. Finding all those fucking loot caches and not being able to open them...

1. Thanks. I figure the same some time ago, but since i never really do any of the end game content i wasnt sure about that.

2. I understand that. But let say i dont have any veteran range when DB drops, i can catch up the cp later on? Or it will be limited and only the ones that got the bonus in the process will have x point ahead?

Just found some named spot with a clump of bandits and one specially named one. No attached quest. Died twice trying to kill it, eventually got the bitch down, and it was some sort of achievement or exploration thing with way more xp than a normal mob kill and a blue item. Seemed pretty cool, hope there's more like it.

Good goy

should i make a templar or nightblade healer?

My understanding is that templars have better direct burst healing potential, but nightblades have an easier time working in dps when filling a healing role? While pve is an interest to me, i basically want to heal things in large pvp fights as my main purpose in life, so what ive read leads me to think templar fills that better, is that correct?

I go resto staff and dual wield either way, yeah?

I don't think they loot they contain are worth much. They only drop darkstride, night mother's embrace, and something else? Not really top tier dps sets, they only are related to sneaking... which you'll need for the thieves guild dlc. Except the quest rewards for the heists aren't that great currently (only about 1k gold for a perfectly completed heist).

I like Morrowind a lot.

youtube.com/watch?v=kgzzJDwHy3k

Yeah I fully realize that I fell for their strategy. Pretty sure with their world state stuff they pull with mobs becoming non-hostile and shit it would hve been possible to just hide the troves if you don't have the DLC.

Found this fairly interesting. I had no idea that Bethesda had to approve any DLC that gets pushed out.

youtube.com/watch?v=zG-nQTtdbLs

So they've changed how armor integrity works?
It doesn't display a lower value when it gets damaged anymore...

2. Yeah then you won't get bonus CP. They only added that to make people who already had VR ranks and didn't want their effort wasted happy about the change.

So seems i can profit from the game....

Oh shit, wrong general. Sorry about that.

Ok.. so im working on compiling a spreadsheet for crafting materials/calculator.
however the "drop ratios" i cannot to find the anywhere online.. due to the guild store system its really challenging to compute a rarity value on most items, and due to the exploit on the past weeks the value of some items are a bit convoluted.

I wonder if any of the folks using add ons could provide a snapshot of the values on this trait items.

Sapphire %
Garnet %
Diamond %
Bloodstone %
Fortified Nirncrux %
Sardonyx %
Quartz %
Emerald %
Almandine %

>Sapphire 4%
>Garnet 8%
>Diamond 15%
>Bloodstone 16%
>Fortified Nirncrux 23%
>Sardonyx 42%
>Quartz ?%
>Emerald ?%
>Almandine ?%

LOST numbers nice try thou

If you've an enchantment attached it will start making the enchantment degrading before the actual armour.

You still repair the enchantments from random vendors.

It's magic, Lawrence don't have to explain shit.

Why bother? Except for the nirn, everything else is worth like 1 gold, maybe 1.5 gold tops.

I wouldn't be surprised to see everything drops evenly.

whats the coolest motif?

huh, so I can recharge the enchantment as well?

You can recahrge enchantments with souldgems.

You can recharge your weapon enchantments. When you repair your armor however it refills the enchantments for you.

Does anyone know how the free CP work? Is it 40 free PER constellation, (E.g. 40 mage, 40 warrior, 40 thief, effectively bumping you up 4 vet ranks) or 40 distributed across the three?

I mean the armor one

So let's say you have 1000 ore of "X"
If you refine "X" what are the drop rations of gems

One would assume that the ratios vary depending on the raw material.

If I'm able to statistly analyse the ratios once would find more profitable way to buy in bulk
Those mine, farm for particular material

Considering that the ratio is the same for all material what are the possibilities of yielding "Nirnhoned" or other valuable gems or resins in the procces

favorite mount?

You only get a chance at nirn from mining craglorn resource nodes. The rest are like I said worth 1.5 gold each tops.

A world boss? There's plenty more

>Banded Guar
My Nigga!

They drop treasure maps sometimes, which are probably the most money-worth. When they first came out they were super unbalanced and would give tons of Cyrodiil treasure maps, which were worth 10k each at the time.
Made a fuckload of money before they were patched.

What Templar playstyle does everyone prefer? Paladin 2h/sword and board with mainly plate/cloth mix, or the battle priest with restro staff mainly cloth?

Orcish obviously

FOR THE GLORY OF MALACATH

The cheap brown horse with the other 2 you can buy at the stables because they're the only non-retarded ones.

I guess the second, I use light armour and restoration staffs.

What's the best way to level unused skills in a high level character?
I have a level 46 Templar specializing in 1h+Shield and destruction staff. I am thinking of switching from 1h to dual wield, but my dual wield is only level 6.

what are the main differences between DKs and temps? i want to tank in groups but i'd also like to deal some damage

Different methods of tanking.
I watched a DK tank in action. He used the chain to pull several mobs to him and he locked them down with dark talons. It was very effective. I have started a DK tank character based on this approach.

>dark talons

I cannot for the life of me get this to work any more, is it bugged? Used to be one of my favorite DK abilities.

I use it, the magicka gets spent, and nothing happens. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm close or not.

how hard is it to become emperor?

Do both players getting married need a Pledge of Mara or is only one needed?

I don't know, I haven't tried it recently. I've just started my DK, so I'm not sure he has talons yet.
If you're attacking mobs of higher level than you there is a chance that spells will fail. It's very small at 1-2 levels above, but at 4+ levels it gets significant.

i married your mom last night with just one

dad! stop hogging ESO and posting on Veeky Forums, geez!

Only one of you needs the pledge.

If you want to do it on a contested server you have to have a lot of support. I imagine you would have to have the support of a large pvp guild these days.

It's easier to get emperor in BWB than in the vet campaigns btw, so you might wanna try there unless you have a big guild to back you up.

is it sort of like the old wow pvp system? takes a month of grinding but if you put in the work you can get it?

of course eso has the added requirement that your side have all 6 relevant towers

seems like its doable on a low population server and if you bum rush them at some weird hour like at 4 in the morning or something

Anyone that isn't a cashgrab.

bump

rip thread, last one was doing so well

is this game dead

I haven't played this game in a while and i thought i would start it back up and holy hell. This game is amazing. I forgot how great it is. I wish more people would play. If only they knew what they are missing.

On another note. How good is blacksmithing? does it come in handy in late game? I've been working on it a lot and am hoping for a good payoff.

this was really good thanks for posting. Lawrence Schick bringing home the banter.

they are cast on you, not the enemy so the enemies need to be really close to you when you activate them

EU server wonky for anyone else? Game kept chewing on the loading screen, closed it, and now I can't log in with my character.

Nope, the armour enchantments have to be "repaired".

The fastest way, if you don't want to use the skills, is to have a bar with all the skils you want to level. So you do your quest with whatever skillbar you want, then you switch over to the other skillbar as you turn in the quest.

I just logged in without any problems.

welp, looks like there's something on my end then.

any else think its sort of weird how racially specific dragonknights are?

how was their warrior tradition supposed to be passed along?

Crafting armor and weapons is useful at any level and crafting writs pay well for the time they take. I have all my alts doing writs. Having good armor and weapons with set bonuses helps in combat. You just have to manage your skill point allocation. Crafting can take a lot of points.

Ah. That's a great idea. Thanks.

Should I even bother with pvp before I hit veteran ranks? I'm curious how it is, but I don't want to be a hyper gimp in it.

Honestly it's better before you hit veteran ranks. Once you join veteran ranks you'll find a bunch of v16 ganking with legendary gear. The lower levels are more balanced and plain more fun.

You will be made of glass, but there are ways you can contribute just as much as a vet. A lvl 10 can do just as much damage as a v16 with a siege weapon and can repair just as well too.

Planning on making a new character and going for emperor in BWB, I don't have a templar or nightblade which class would have an easier time becoming emp? I'm fine with playing whatever role I need to for my points, can go heals or dps etc.

Somebody tell me, is the view distance in this game still gimped by fog?

gimped?

fucking fuck

I've seen weather make it foggy and bring in the draw distance, but not normally

What style is this mask? Found it on a random drop and I quite like it, but couldn't see it in the crafting stations

RNG system is great.
I just want my sharpened fire staff :(

this thread is slow because it doesn't have waifus or faggots or attentionwhores. People always complain about them in Veeky Forums, but when they are gone there's nothing left but extremely slow generals that struggle to stay alive.

Don't you realize that if those retards left from the other threads, the cancer-free ones wouldn't die? It's those cunts who make this a fast board.

i'd rather have discussion every once in a while with someone who genuinely likes the game enough to come to the general than scroll forever through shitposts and "xth for shit no one really cares about".

that's worm cult/necromancer. dropped set with a unique style, so you can't craft it.

No idea desu, may be a unique style, such as Hircine's armour or the Ebony armour. What's the armour called?

Whichever you think you'd feel most comfortable with desu. People have become emp with stam sorcs so it really just depends on the people you play with.

I feel like I finally figured cyrodiil out. Every since I switched to using a bow and sniping I went from 20k AP an hour to 35k. And I get so many more kills as well, feels good.

Do you get discriminated against in there for being a stealth archer ?

Fucking crafting writs.
If you accidentally put a trait on the crafted items, they don't count. Thanks, Bethesda!

This is a great game, I'm happy I started playing again.

Population is thriving, for anyone lurking who is wondering. Would highly recommend giving this a shot to anyone on the fence

Make a full bar of the skil line you want to level up and get items that contribute to the progress of that skill line as well
Necromancer set
Is that fun though? I prefer close range combat. More of a challenge I'd say.

Also a message for my fellow thieves: Master lootboxes suck ass. Not worth

for leveling crafting skills, what skill points do i need in the various crafts to level them? I want to only invest in whats needed to level them until i have lodes of points

I laugh. It feels fitting, that after all this time being melee I come back to what I started with in Skyrim.

Killing people is fun. Melee combat is fun too, it has a good feel to it, but I also kill less people overall. The burst of snipe and being far away surprises people who are concentrating on what's in front of them and lets you get the kills.

Do you guys play all characters on the same faction or do you split up a bit?

I've got a level 30 daggerfall sorc that I played at launch but i'm thinking of starting an altmer templar. I've got the any-faction thing and imperials available, but should I be aiming to just to one faction for guilds or does it not really matter?

Further explanation: I started as a ranged stealth archer in Skyrim, then eventually became a duel dagger wielder because it was cooler. I continued dual wielding in ESO, and now I'm finally back to ranged.

The only thing that can speed up crafting is 30 CP talent in "the Tower"
I mean, I am levelling bow too just to get the points from sieges where nobody can shoot me over the wall with a trebuchet (yet?).
I think it's nice to have at least one capped char in every factions but then again I am a diehard Ebonheart fan so...

So the new champion system taking over the Veteran one. Is it better or worse? Can someone explain why or why not to me. I am not quite at max rank so I haven't started Veteran yet.