/fog/ - Fallout General

>CK
youtube.com/watch?v=hdGr8MH4pPU

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>CBBE Links & Outfit Studio Guide
pastebin.com/GG0n8K62

>Fallout 4 Mods By /fog/ And/Or Removed from Nexus
pastebin.com/6kGZaPiy

>HELP! THE NEW PATCH BROKE MY MODS!
pastebin.com/dfRatvDc

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread (no Buffscales allowed)
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-war thread:

Is there a way to auto enable mods so I won't have to enable them every time i start the game

Xth for baby todd

>weapon mod
>doesn't show first person view of the gun

REEEEEEEEEEEE

* before esps in plugins.txt

I hate you

Could someone do me the favour of posting the location of the marine armour cache? My quests got bugged and I lost the map marker and quest somehow.

As beautiful as the Colt SAA looks from the side as fucking ugly is it in first person.

Asses

huh?

All this time browsing /fog/, all I ever see you guys post is you using Piper as your companion, and your main settlement as either Sanctuary, the island, or the castle. What's with that.

type * before the plugins in the txt so it would be *mod.esp

Mine is Red Rocket

he could pass as a girl then

How's mod support currently?

Thanks.

>he loads his ESM files after EPS files

Out of all the gas masks, the Japanese don't act stingy on the textures.

More gasmasks are always welcome

Every day is back day
unless its chest day

Got to the point now that I only play this game now for settlement building, the last two DLC were terrible.

Still, 20 settlements and about 20 hours of game-play per settlement on average. Money well spent.

AD VICTORIAM, BROTHERS.

HAVE YOU LYNCHED A SYNTH TODAY?

If you were realistically set in the Commonwealth, what faction would you join?

>Brotherhood
>Railroad
>Institute
>Minutemen

Wildcard
>Become a raider

I've never finished Stalker AMA

I play Pripyat w/ misery mod installed up until that fire maze part and gave up

>Auschwitz

literally anything but the brotherhood or institute is retarded for obvious reasons

Brotherhood of Steel. Devs tried hard to push their SJW bullshit with Railroad. Tho I would keep Curie as mai waifu. Of course I would murder anyone that would discover she's a synth.

Probably the Minutemen. They seem kinda chill.

Help your neighbours. Then, when the time comes, they'll help you.

At least, that's the optimistic outlook.

They'd probably send some cunt with a pipe pistol and a bathrobe to stop those raiders from stealing my crops.

The pack I'm going to be doing is going to have around uh...20+ gas masks. Varying ones, some more sci-fi than others.

this 100%

looks like buzz lightyear

>literally anything but the brotherhood or institute is retarded for obvious reasons

And you are literally autistic. Brotherhood is for edgy teen nazis.

Minutemen

Minutemen, it's a noble cause, just protecting farmers and traders who are really the lifeblood of civilization in the wasteland. They don't have too much of an agenda and as long as you're serving under a good General you don't have anything to worry about.

ok, have fun eating shit for breakfast lunch and dinner you degenerate waster

>Brotherhood is for edgy teen nazis
As opposed to the institute that caters to the power hungry "I wanna be a member of a super secrete society" crowd?

Gotta protect from those muties that will never appear

Realistically?
Minutemen, since I'd never get into the Institute, Railroad are far too invested in their shit for me, and the BoS would just pass me over because I refuse to jump in the line of fire for some moron in a tin can I've never met.
Best way would be me and my rifle keepin dem raider fucks offa mah lawn.

How common are NPCs with backpacks?

>you will never ever put a lucha mask and bring down the raiders

>tfw want to be true Minutemen general with the laser musket and everything
>its only useful as a sniper
>don't want to match with Preston

how is it as a shotgun with the beam splitter?

Railroad

Synths are people and deserve to be liberated from slavery. The brotherhood are nazi's and the institute are terrorists.

MInutemen. Good cause and they seem like they'd have a great atmosphere around. The BoS and Institute are too busy sucking their leaders' cocks, but I bet if you were a random Minutemen grunt and you walked into one of their garrisons they'd all be greeting you and asking what's up and then you'd go play poker while you wait for orders from the Castle.

I appreciate all the work you do for this general.
This general doesn't deserve someone like you.

What CBBE texture does /fog/ use? I tried Ida+valkyr but I ended up with a red scalp and neck because the author didn't bother to fix their shit.

In totally unrelated news, over 400 warnings every time you open something with the creation kit. Bethesda is improving!

Is there a mod which makes landmines undetectable by VATS?

I never knew I wanted this situation to happen so much

The camaraderie

Is Bullet supposed to be some sort of intimidating mini-boss? He died in one fucking shot.

Any mods that up the settlement raiding rate?

>ok, have fun eating shit for breakfast lunch and dinner you degenerate waster
way to prove my point

>As opposed to the institute that caters to the power hungry "I wanna be a member of a super secrete society" crowd?
If we put aside that the Institute is poorly written and a lot of content was cut. (Institute bioweapons and spying animals) They ended up way less creepier and not as believable as they could have been.

I got all 4 endings, thanks to saving before you have to permanently side. And I think the best endings are where you wipe out the BoS.

Bunch of inbred degenerates hoarding tech because of "muh dangerous knowledge". They are like catholic priests. Explains their love for scribes.

PIC RELATED: BOS FANS

>Raider

Rape, pillage, and build an army. Take down all major factions. Force the Gunners to join you. Control supply routes via automatrons. Develop a new empire.

GTA 5 has some and i can extract and convert it to OBJ, but have no idea what to do next.

If you're a Brotherhood soldier you'd probably be able to rape qt Gen 3 sluts without your sense of morality getting fucked to the point where you have to take hard chems every night just to cope

How in the actual fuck would you dirty knuckledraggers even get close to taking down the Prydwyn.

Any faction which lets me survive, so either brotherhood or institute.
I don't give a fuck about morals or causes I just want a roof over my head, a comfy bed and some food and water. You're in a post-apoc wasteland with mutated lizards and massive hulk men with machine guns and rocket launchers, fuck everything and just stay somewhere safe.

MISERY runs like shit, the devs accepted they would never be able to remove the microstuttering so they adopted it in the lore as "tiny psy-emissions".
There are a bunch of other mods that run silky smooth though.

the Brotherhood is the only capable faction outside the Institute, which is garbage because they would destroy everyone and everything to rebuilt it in their image.
The railroad are a bunch of social justice terrorist that would throw away a 1000 human lives to save a single synth(which mind you wouldn't get destroyed but have its memory wiped)
The minutemen are the only inherently good faction. Patriots fighting to keep the commonwealth safe. But they are incompetent as fuck and are essentially a glorified security guards.

Brotherhood is the only sound option.

>Military force actually capable of defense
>Safe haven away from the wasteland terrors
>Capable of taking the fight to said terrors
>Sexy fit chicks all around me
>Power Armor

At least FO4 now looks better than CIV 6 gameplay.

>>Railroad

Synth liberation is a huge priority in the CW.
Let all the other factions worry about humanity.

>The railroad are a bunch of social justice terrorist

Good job in letting a few retards tricking you into eating up that shit.

>that would throw away a 1000 human lives to save a single synth
[CITATION NEEDED]

>(which mind you wouldn't get destroyed but have its memory wiped)
voluntarily

>The minutemen are the only inherently good faction. Patriots fighting to keep the commonwealth safe. But they are incompetent as fuck and are essentially a glorified security guards.
They are mostly neutral until they are outright attacked. They are like Switzerland. BORING.

Depending on whether I'd be the main character or not, but Institute only if I can lead it. If you look at it properly they are the only ones who can actually help the Commonwealth.

>Minutemen
Great idea, but it'll never work in practice. They're a cross between neighbourhood watch and a militia. They can defend their own settlements against small attacks, but if the Gunners got their shit together they'd just face another Quincy massacre. They could protect the isolated settlements but nothing more than that. Not to mention all they are is a security force, not a sort of government to help with other factors.

>Institute
Literally tumblr, will do anything to help "muh synths" no matter the human cost

>Brotherhood
Fascists, quite clearly. We see from quite a lot of missions that they don't care about the Commonwealth and will take resources from the settlers. They'll kill anyone who touches technology, use indoctrination from a young age and brainwash their own troops. Too many people think that F3 BoS is the actual BoS when they were merely a splinter force under a leftie Elder. As soon as the BoS destroy the Institute, they'll take all their technology and leave the Commonwealth to fend for itself.

>Institute
They've got a limitless army on robots to deal with super mutants and other creatures, so no human loss of life. They've got the technology to bring clean water and food to the surface and ensure there's enough of it. They've got the technology to build defences and proper living spaces for the Commonwealth.

Only if you lead it though.

Switzerland does pretty well for itself despite being neutral

It's the best way to go if you want to start actually improving lives without boots of iron on everyone's neck

I hope the Lone Wanderer goes back up to spaceship and death rays the Brotherhood out of existence

>Defending the railroad

Just when I think it couldn't get any worse

I wish he was this industrious in /tesg/. Its not fair, its not right.

Marine armour where

>Institute

Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot

all day every day

>They've got the technology to bring clean water and food to the surface and ensure there's enough of it.

caveat is that its only for them; they fuck the current occupants of the wasteland on a regular basis.

Why would anyone join the MM?

>Minutemen
>Institute
>Brotherhood
>Institute
Kek.
Also the Institute made the super mutants in the Commonwealth in the first place, they dont care whether they rape the surface or not.
All they are interested in is themselves and REPLACING humanity with synths, "Mankind Redefined".

>Defending the railroad
>Just when I think it couldn't get any worse
Bogeymen are important for nazi parties, of course BOS would blame them.
Not even a fucking leftie or liberal myself, but 555-come-on

Laissez-faire and isolationism are what got so many countries fucked in WW2.

LIGHT UP THE NIGHT

>Good job in letting a few retards tricking you into eating up that shit.
"Hey vault dweller I need you to risk you life to help the wayward synth out of the common wealth, their is a coursor after him and he's already killed over a dozen human in Ticoderoga safehourse but its supper important he doesn't go back and get a memory wipe"
fuck the railroad

Protection for the common people as they go about their lives is the way to go

The Brotherhood and the Institute are the only rational options and the institute would never let any of us in as anything other than a terrible experiment, so the Brotherhood is the only clear choice.

SO BETHESDA FINALLY IMPLEMENT A FUCKING LEVER FUCKING ACTION RIFLE AND IT'S FUCKING BROKEN

SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME THERE'S A MOD THAT FIXES THE SHITTY RELOAD

>use 2 out of 5 shots
>want to reload
>nigger puts 5 bullets in

WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hence why I said it only works if YOU are the leader, just like in the game. Reading comprehension my friend.

Play the game friend, after your son dies you can convince each department head to whatever point of view you want.

>Nocturnal Flamer
>nocturnal

it'll be fixed when the dlc is actually released nigga

I mean, if the idiotic Railroad did it....

Exactly how hard could it be?

If you aren't playing the Protomen while using it, you're doing it wrong

Because I'm an incompetent fuck with no care for anything beyond myself, but I could reasonably learn to shoot near something if pressed.
Also anyone who imagines they'd be born anywhere but some empty farm on the ass end of nowhere is deluding themselves.

> but Institute only if I can lead it. If you look at it properly they are the only ones who can actually help the Commonwealth.

>Help the Commonwealth

No, pretty sure you said something they did the polar opposite of and intent do continue not doing, forever.

Learn what you wrote, faggot.

far harbor is shit

You mean the leaked beta?
I know it's kinda retarded that they actually forgot to put in actual reload animations but it's not that big of a deal.

How do you know?

>>Brotherhood
>>Sexy fit chicks all around me

This guy knows what's up.

i'm sure every single person who got the beta legit and actually submits bugs has told Bethesda. They're probably tired of hearing it by now

I've never gone down the railcuck path, what actually happens? Do they actually assault the Prydwen base or some shit or is it all just the SS carrying the shit out of everything.?

>confirmed for not playing the game

gadget gizmo dude flys a vertibird up there and you are supposed to steathily pace some explosive charges up there.

Your Prydwen is not as fortified as you think it is.

The Railroad steals a vertibird and flies right up to the damn blimp, launches an assault, and blows it to hell.