Overwatch General - /owg

Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

/owg/ Discord
discord.gg/0voDNC4lp8N8ovNT

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/394230/
g2play.net/category/19181/overwatch-pre-order-battle-net-cd-key/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

POST EM

>Overwatch comes out
>Think this is the perfect streaming game for me since I'm actually decent at it
>Seagull somehow explodes in popularity
>Gets nearly 14k viewers on last day of beta
>He will probably get even more on release

RIP

Who /preorderedforwaifu/ here?

Nobody will ever watch you because you're a faggot, jammku

Pretty much 100% guaranteed new characters for those who aren't up to speed.

WHY ARE WE HERE NOW

L:ET ME OLOGI I INN REEEEEEEEEEE

>tfw no other games to play

Where is the cheapest place to pre-order origins edition? I'm VERY poor.

Reminder to bully every Mei player, I mean team focus kill them.

man her spine is bent like 3 times over

post country

That's a good change too.

Not him

Canada

I swear that reading this thread gives me the impression that Overwatch is not vidya and is actually an addictive drug that causes terrible withdraw.

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20743764994#1

Reminder that Pharah is going to be ruined because once you start pandering to these fags, they'll never stop crying.

In GMG legit? I'm tempted to cancel my preorder for regular edition (£30) and get the origins edition for £33 from GMG

Other anons please respond

Ireland.

GMG if you're in the U.K.

But user you really shouldn't be spending money on games you can't afford.

You could literally feed yourself for a week for what this game costs.

all these flavours, and you choose to be frosty.

I want to lick her armpits.

I haven't touched all heroes, who has the fastest build up time? i know junkrat build up pretty quickly.

nth for D,Va buffs

Hana deserves better, you know it to be true

It was the most fun i've had in awhile. Well worth a few pot noodle meals.

Mercy

>Mercy will never personally ask you to pre-order so you can continue playing as her
>Mercy isn't real

>Pharah's mom
>new character
She's dead and if not she's at least very fucking old.
Not like that stopped other original Overwatch memebers but still, you're grasping at straws.

>VERY poor
>wants the Origins edition

It's both!

>TFW I just want to get good so I don't embarrass myself infront of Mercies that follow me around

What's the issue? The characters speaking their local language versus English helps you quickly identify if it's an allied or enemy ultimate.

Don't know fuck all about that m8

They use £'s in Ireland right? If so, get it from GAME. 40+3 plus a metal plate for origins edition.

I'm a virgin so playing this game just makes me upset that I will never have any meaningful interactions with a woman

Question: how many times somebody in Overwatch used mic to coordinate in your games?

Hard mode: not people from your friends list.

For ult?
Junkrat builds quickly if he can hit grenades
Mercy builds up really quick if you know when to heal and when to damage boost
Widowmaker can practically have her wall hacks up all the time if she hits shots

Chill out.

No interest prior to open beta, preordered for my waifu yesterday.

Pandering works.

in 45 hours? maybe 3 times.

I've heard that if a Mercy heals and/or resurrects you that means they like you

Republic of Ireland. Fucking forgot that the English have us cucked real good. So its Euros lmao.

>not being able to tell Pharah is Egyptian

they almost went overboard trying to make that blatantly obvious, with the hair, tattoos and armour.

is this guy retarded?

Her current VA is French. If they want to add Arabic lines to Pharah they'll have to find a VA that speaks Arabic, and she'll lose the bonerific voice/accent she has now.

user legit, don't use games to fill the void.

It isn't worth starving to play a game.

I really like her VA, especially the "ROCKET BARRAGE. INCOMING" line.

Why is it that these single people think they have authority over cultural representation if they so much have a drop of blood from the culture they're complaining about? The game is filled with caricatures, not a single one of which is accurately represented.

I'm Slav but you don't see me complaining about Zarya's shitty Russian or that everyone pronounces her name "Zah-ree-ya".

Are these people just not aware of what "stylisation" means?

I don't see the problem. She should say Arabic lines

It's okay user, we love you no matter how well you do. And we'll be there for you when you fall

I know this feel user.

I WANT TO CUDDLE WITH MERCY

Cool off.

>installed planetside 2 hoping to get a fix of healbeam medic gameplay
>it's even worse than the last time I tried it

>tfw can't fly around as pharah for the next two weeks

Blizzard is too jewish to pay for another VA for no reason.

>"Egyptian" sandniggers don't get that Pharah is supposed to be based more on Classical Egyptian themes than modern Arabic ones despite it being painfully obvious
>Demand to replace her

>Instead of "Justice reigns from above" Pharah now flies into the air and screams Arabic while blowing people up

reminder that there's a superior game that you can already play.
store.steampowered.com/app/394230/

Kek. Just use Amazon.co.uk and get it shipped or some shit. That's what other Eurocucks do.

So we'd get a more authentic Egyptian sounding girl if they changed the VA then. I'm not seeing the issue.

That's the thing, as soon as this sandnigger piped up he was followed by a bunch of other fags going ZARYA'S RUSSIAN ACCENT IS SHIT and LUCIO DOESN'T SPEAK ANY HUEHUEHUE and TRACER'S ACCENT IS FAKE EVEN THOUGH HER VA IS FROM FUCKING YORKSHIRE

Yet nobody once complained that McCree is a walking caricature of Clint Eastwood.

I can't wait, I'll buy so many lootboxes.
And get absolutely trash items

I used my microphone to alert people to potential dangers on the field. Or to make suggestions as to how we could approach. People tended to react to suggestions. But their reactions were usually shit.

> "Might need a tank to get through these guys, but MAXIMUM EFFORT could work too."
> Someone switches to D.Va

Nobody wants to play your dead as fuck game.

>More authentic Egyptian sounding girl

I see you've never heard Arabs speak before. Arabic is a disgusting language.
Her current VA is fantastic and changing it could only make her worse.

They already did for Mercy.

>not people from your friends list
>implying i have friends
at least 1 out of every 5 games

>Battleborn

After Burch I gave up on Queerbox.

Also

>shoving "skill trees" and creeps into a shooter

The worst part of Battleborn is the crystals. It forces you to break off and away from your team to get crystals to pay for turrets to level up.

Change some bones in poser around and completely re-record voice lines are different things, user. Pharah's voice is safe.

GMG is official retailer.

>us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20743764994#1
I hope this happens, it would be fucking hilarious to start raining explosions on people while screaming ALLAHU ACKBAR, DIE KAFFIRS!

Its out of stock right now

Disagree, new Mercy VA is 100% better than the old one.

So, how do people feel about Bastion now?

In my opinion, he's one of the most misunderstood heroes. Bad players hate him, because they just walk into his turret mode and get demolished. Bad players also like him, because they assume they can just hang out in one place all the time in turret mode and win. Decent Genji players think he's crap, because reflect crushes him (this is mostly true)
The thing is though, you don't have to stay in the same spot all the time. The swap time between turret and recon mode is very short, and recon mode in itself isn't half-bad at all. He deals respectable damage, and can even heal himself + has 300 HP and armor. Combine that with his potential to clear the entire enemy team in a flanking position that they didn't notice, and he's very valuable.

Now again, Genji will fuck him up, but every character has counter-picks and weaknesses. The point is that you're not dead meat just because a Pharah decides to peak around a corner and fire at you. What you do if this happens is to go into recon mode and reposition yourself. A lot of the "skill" required for Bastion is simply knowing where to turret up, and getting into a good flanking position.

I played the open beta for that game, it was shit.

The graphics were noisy color vomit, everything is behind moronic progression systems, it has chaotic moba gameplay that doesn't work in first person and the singleplayer is unfunny tryhard garbage.

I hear that dumpster fire of bad game design is already tanking in players anyway

Also Australia?

ow my back

>Superior
>Borderlands tier meme spam
>Ugly as fuck aesthetic
>SEASON FUCKING PASS
>Everything takes half an hour to kill because guns barely deal any damage

If it's not broken, don't fix it. Overwatch is not about authenticity.

Mercy was a lucky strike, they found a VA they themselves liked more, and even that VA is not Swiss nor does she speak Swiss German.

Okay to be fair Lucio's accent is pretty shit, like if I didn't read on the OW website he's Brazilian I would've never know. He sounds Jamaician when he gets enough commendations and says "Unreal!", no idea why. It's like they decided at the last minute they absolutely needed a brazilian dude and just slapped the title on him.

It's abomination of fps and moba which should've been aborted. Now all it's going to be hearing is how special it is.

>If it's not broken, don't fix it. Overwatch is not about authenticity.

So why give half the characters authentic foreign VAs and half ass it with others? Genji's VA is from Japan and also does the voice for the character in the Japanese dub.

Yes, but Pharah's voice is already god tier. There's no way they can improve on her.

I have to stop playing every few matches because her voice makes my dick diamonds.

His turret does too much damage and him being able to rotate 180 degrees to cover his weakpoint instantly is stupid, as is his fire retaining ridiculous power over long range

He's not that overpowered and can be countered if he's by himself or a bad player

But he really needs a complete rework from the ground up, he's just not fun to play or play against

only once when I heard an enemy widowmaker's ultimate for the first time and I said "don't go in they have wallhacks"

teammate went in and was immediately shot

The only thing anyone can do to disappoint me as Mercy is allow enemy Genjis/Tracers to farm me.

This is true. I turn red IRL when someone emotes "Thanks!" after I heal them.

X D

>So why give half the characters authentic foreign VAs
Name them. Not a single character save for 76 and maybe Tracer (who purposefully exaggerates her accent) has authentic VAs that accurately/closely represent the character's nationality.

>tfw playing with japanese voices
just like my cambodian puppet shows

>Yes we must have more authenticity in this cartoon-styled team objective FPS video game with a talking gorilla and an english girl with a Cockney accent so bad Dick van Dyke is spinning in his grave even though he's not dead yet, a cyborg Ninja straight out of metal gear solid, a shirtless samurai archer, Clint Eastwood, and a robot Buddha

this is all i managed to get before i was kicked out the game :(

i dont really think D.Va is in real need of a buff, but since I enjoy her so much and do okay with her as is, I wouldn't mind lol

i think i had like 70% wins... but thats only my word for it

i mained mercy and d.va by the end and lost interest in Tracer a bit

good stuff user!

you dont' get it, it's not OK to complain about THESE character's voices because they're brown people.

The game looked fun but it's pretty much a vomit rainbow of visual effects even more than overwatch is.

>gabe's drawing is STILL getting worse

i shouldn't be surprised

g2play.net/category/19181/overwatch-pre-order-battle-net-cd-key/

Why would you do that to yourself?

Post waifus

>tfw hitting all 5 of your charged Zenyatta shots on a Discord Reinhart

> Used to date an Egyptian girl
> That breathy, throat heavy speech

Is the bird also a robutt?

I would honestly love to hear Pharah speak in Egyptian Arabic, but there's no reason to change her voice actor just because one cunt thinks her accent isn't THICC enough.
If they got more than one person being a whiny little bitch over something so petty then yeah.

And no, the Tracer pose wasn't just one person's doing, the entirety of Tumblr was somehow offended that in a game that's overflowing with muscles and curves, Tracer sticked her butt out.

>tfw you intentionally switch to D. Va when somebody asks for a Tank because you don't wanna play a true tank.

Small dps decrease would make him just fine. 450 damage per second drops even ultied Winston in no time. I can't imagine how much console players are going to hate him.