/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

neofighters.info/forum/showthread.php?14031-Sega-Saturn-NTSC-U-248-248-83-4GBs-PAL-243-243-90-9GBs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can someone test Kagero Deception with PS1 texture correction?

Should have gone with texture correction webm. Silent Hill has been over used as an OP.

Sounds to me that you can't make /emugen/ OPs and can't run an emulator yourself but you're pretty good at telling other people what they should do, innit?

>internet tough guy

There is an ark of Retro

emugen wouldn't be emugen if it wasn't filled with unskilled lazy demanding faggots.

Stay useless emugen, never change.

Has anyone here ever had a computer running windows 8.1 with the SCP toolkit installed to play games with a PS3 controller and then upgraded to windows 10? If so, did SCP keep working fine?

What the fuck did you just say about me you little turtle?

He's never coming back, is he?

Why do you think it wouldn't?

Do you always word your technical problems as oddly specific hypotheticals. Why not just say your shit is broken like a normal halfway intelligent human being?

Because I haven't actually updated to windows 10 yet, I want to make sure my shit will keep working when I do, I'm not asking or help, I just want to know if anyone's had any issues

Just buy a 360/Xbone controller like Microshit wants you to.

Thanks for the detailed response. I guess mednafen's source code will be my main focus, for ps1 emulation.

Do you know what you want to do exactly?

Gain knowledge and optimize mostly. I also enjoy debugging when I come across bugs.

Ryphecha posted more screenshots of her progress with her Saturn emu

Please let it not be a repeat of SSF.

This is Recaptcha. We know what's she's gonna do. Software mode only. High accuracy.

And only certain dumps will work.

Only proper* dumps will work

One enhancement I'd like to see for saturn games is to draw the checkerboard semitransparency flag as true 50% semitransparency.

Is that feasible? I think it beats out filters that fuck with the beautiful pixelart.

Don't expect that from Ryphecha at least, that's not really her style.

some games did half transparencies correctly.

also how would you know when a game is trying to achieve that effect?

There's a blending flag that can be applied to layers that draws them as checkerboard.

>No Gundam games like 0079 Side story since the Dreamcast
>Dynasty warriors bullshit clones.

Goddamnit.

>Never got to play the Otherverse or whatever Ace Combats for the PS2
>AMD system can't emulate it well enough to emulate.

Aww yisssssss.

The planets align, my fellow emushits.

They align ever so neatly.

mednafen-saturn-libretro WHEN

Patience, my child. Have faith...

What's the point, just upgrade to 7 instead.

You know it fampai

is the saturn version of mmx4 better than the ps1 version?

*beetle

7 with one of those extensive telemetry cleansers really should be considered the last version of Windows. Just like Mountain Lion really is the last version of OS X.

I heard about the new Dolphin with the DX12 performance boost, decided to try it but it keeps blinking non-stop. What do?

No idea.

I don't understand why SP renamed the mednafen PSX repo beetle internally but left the user-facing name as mednafen. Seems like it would make more sense to have the distinction for clueless end users rather than the devs messing with the source code who probably already know the difference.

Somebody will have to fork it like Mednafen.

With HLE subpixel precision and perspective correct mapping may be possible for Saturn too.

>Somebody
You mean SP.

>inb4 beetle-saturn with internal res changes and widescreen

Ryphecha insisted for him to do that, so the cores wouldn't be confused with the Mednafen program by users reporting bugs.

It was happening. I lurk mainline's forums at Fobby- every few months some poor soul would wander in with a bug report that should've gone to Beetle.

Before you ask, I'm an accuracy fag; that's why I don't follow Beetle much.

Yeah but that's my point, only an end user could make that confusion and the core is still called "mednafen_psx_libretro". People who checkout the git repository are probably knowledgeable enough not to confuse it with mainstream mednafen

Please be good.

The core's display name is Beetle

Does anyone know how to disable the fast-forward button on the Wii Classic Controller for FCEUX GX and SNES9x GX? Would I have to edit the actual program itself to remove that function or is there a way to disable it in the emulator? I keep using it when I'm playing RPGs because it's right there on the controller; I hate when I use it though because it takes away from the experience.

>her

>Gender disputed, but largely irrelevant.

dunno why it's disputed. she's not attractive, but obviously born female. Why would this be relevant at all to anyone except maybe insecure trannies and manchildren?

>dunno why it's disputed. she's not attractive, but obviously born female.
How do you know?

>manchildren
This is mostly the type of people emulation attracts after all. It definitely bothers them that a woman could be the one responsible for their emulator.

a couple of things are signiture traits of females:
no scar for adams apple shaved/removal
her thumbs are slender.
these alone aren't enough, but those two in combination make it extremely unlikely.

Oh, i didn't know she posted pictures. I guess I'll have to look around for them.

No GUI

there are videos in almost every fucking emugen thread

There are no proper dumps on Saturn. Everything is mdf

Well she'll obviously integrate it into mednafen so it'll use the same frontend.

Then how did I get this?

Why does she not understand that having a GUI is needed for 99% of people?

The latest one with the Segaaaa t-shirt was kinda strange, maybe it was made to celebrate recent progress with Saturn emulation, who knows?

I think you overestimate how much she cares about that.

Hello /emu/, I have the following code for Super Smash Bros. Melee. I found it via Dan Salvatore, one of the developers for the 20XX mod. It is designed to take out the excess decorations on the stage Fountain of Dreams, to make it playable via Netplay.

Where should I insert it? Is it an AR Code, or a Gecko Code, or is it something heavier than that?

Using Dolphin 4.0-7840

whoops, forgot the picture

I'm guessing that the leftmost word is an address and the rightmost a value to write. I'd try inputting that in the memory editor but maybe there's a simpler way.

Those are not Ryphecha you fucking moron, those are from some youtube chick named Inuitinua.

raya item

I think she's an asshole if she doesn't care if people can use her emu

neofighters.info/forum/showthread.php?14031-Sega-Saturn-NTSC-U-248-248-83-4GBs-PAL-243-243-90-9GBs

But people CAN and use her emu, it's just faggots that are too dumb to use retroarch or mednafen through cli that have issues

Putting into the gecko code config worked. Thanks anyway user.

Incidentally, does anyone know where a hack for ultra minimalistic tournament stages are for melee? My computer's a bit of a toaster and emulating Melee works most of the time, but as I've mentioned on Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's Story I get framerate drops as low as 30FPS, especially in Ice Climber dittos. I'm not very picky usually, but this is unacceptable for netplay.

tl;dr Need to simplify level geometry in melee, don't mind it looking like shit as long as it's functional, anybody got hax

That's why I said 99%. You are the 1%

>mega

Enjoy your privacy bro

Correction: she does not care about what YOU want.

... and that's why we like her.

that's just the easiest way of getting it. you can always just use the archive links
(if you know where to look anyway)

What I want is for a normie-friendly emu

is mednafen really that difficult for people? pretty much any issue can be fixed with documentation. and there is always retroarch

Then make it.

You literally put the BIOS files in one folder and drag a .cue over top the .exe. It's not hard, it's just one guy throwing around incredibly low quality bait, and if you stick around long enough, he'll start praising ePSXe and claiming it as superior too.

If you're too stupid to use a cli, then you're too stupid to play video games.

>it's just one guy throwing around incredibly low quality bait
ya rite

What's wrong with Mavericks?

This right here is why the younger generations are goddamn garbage. I do not give a single nickel-plated fuck about your thoughts on gender studies/equality, nor that you nearly shit your pants every time women are merely mentioned in the discussion at hand.

We were discussing a most miraculous event: SSF may be overthrown soon Why the hell can't you faggots be content with that?

Has to be bait. I managed to use mednafen with a half-broken frontend coded by some Japanese shitter that could barely into English.

If I can do it any lazy fucker can.

Beginning of the end. I'm on El Cap and everything feels sloppy as all fuck compared to Snow Leopard. All that literal faggot Tim Cook cares about is his jewgolds. To hell with Q & A.

>why the hell can't you faggots be content with that?
because it's not made by a straight white male. Why would you want to support some tranny who is actively destroying sega with opensores?

You are quite mistaken at how much brain power video games require.

It's kind of ironic when you look at what home consoles were originally supposed to be.

Recaptcha is going to give Sega open sores? Holy shit.

Also as a semi-unrelated note, now I know why emugen.txt died. Basically about 80%+ of the amusing things said here are putting down some emu or emudev, and Lioncash refused to be a part of spreading that due to some higher moral calling. So he simply could no longer justify skipping reposting the vast majority of material here and gave up, perhaps for someone else to take up the torch.

Feel free to do it user.

This thread is useless for getting actual help. It is a goldmine for current emulation news, though.

how the hell do you make snes games look good without god awful blurring and scanlines

Play on a CRT.

why don't you just learn to like shaders user?

why in the fuck cant you just emulate crt without the scanlines that make it look nothing like it did even on the shittiest crt
damn user you are right shaders are great pic related my favorite

Don't do this to my favourite game

Have you ever been satisfied with an emulator setup enough to actually play games?

i can use any emulator except for snes emulators because of how awful they look

>why in the fuck cant you just emulate crt without the scanlines

Because then all you're left with is a guassian blur.

Go look at GTUv50 if you want something like that.

You have serious issues with how SNES games look? What.