twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=jyaGImJx3ns
youtu.be/KNmGuO0qVdM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

twitch tv/sgtwhiskeyjack

streaming demo day 8 games

currently playing shadow game
pls come watch I'm lonely

If gameplay is more important than graphics, then how come computers have graphic cards rather than gameplay cards?

we call them cpu

>come to my spyware site
No thanks

For all intensive purposes, "graphics card" is mostly a misnomer if you're talking about modern hardware. They're highly-parallel coprocessors with some graphics-oriented features.

jokes on you I don't have a graphics card

i'll come user

>twitchtv
>have to download Flash
no thanks I'd rather not willingly install a virus just to watch this. Try streaming on youtube.

!!!!!!!!!
I just got sponsored to be a developer for Vive!
The company I'm doing a project for is so impressed with my work they're going to buy me a computer and a Vive, give me a place to work with free wifi, free food and drinks and FREE gorgeous view, to work on MY OWN project which they aren't taking any credit for and of which all profit will go to me!!

No more gloryhole blowjobs in return for a few coins for this kobold!

if you want to make a language when there are already languages, be my guest, what do I care

Is cellphone game dev possible? And by that I mean actually deving FROM a portable device.

I'm curious since I'll be living in an area without power for a few years but don't want to give up gamedev.

because triangles

looking for a game maker humble bundle code

Ah yes, we should have stopped at Autocode and never made another language.

People do this for fun, not because they think they can surpass current languages and compilers.
Unless they're JBlow

you could at least change that ugly username

don't care, not my problem

>People do this for fun, not because they think they can surpass current languages and compilers.

>all intensive purposes

as in vid related or what?

I don't know I just started writing code until things worked.

HTML canvas and JS,
they all target the same spot, no formation.

>Those who seek to misle, are themselves misled

rap snitches
tellin all they business
sit in the court and be their own star witness
do you see the perpetrator?
yeah i'm right here
fuck around, get the whole label sent up for years

oh nice work!

And then you woke up.

My progress. Got the basics of a level editor in place and can load the square blocks. There's some different sprites for different movements, but I'm still working on that.

GHOSTDEV I HAVE SOMETHING FOR YOU TO MAKE UP FOR BULLY

Just asking, any /agdg/ anons monetize their games?

steam/appstore/playstore/other marketplace?

So guys if I wanna upgrade game maker to professional (I need those texture options for my game) do I just buy the $79.99 or is there some bullshit upgrade process?

Maybe you could make the blocks destructable with high HP? that might be cool

you make the sprites?

Make sure to read the EULA so you don't end up in breach of contract

Pirate it.

Where's the stream

That's.... odd

Does that extend to other publishers? They can't remove it from steam can they?

Download Godot, you'll have access to everything that Game Maker can do, except completely free. And there's no bullshit that you have to follow.

How can I cut video with ffmpeg?

Let's say I have video that is 30 seconds long and I want output video to start from 10 seconds and end at 12 seconds. How do I do that?

Don't use Godot, it's unfinished, has bugs and no tutorials. People are shilling it because it's free and open source but it's shit.

Do you have an LLC? Or are you thinking of being in the business of gamedev without any kind of legal protection?

the pirated version are too old, android exporting doesnt work, its pretty useless

last night was pretty nice, refactored my whole weapon code so it's less retarded, error-prone and inefficient overall. I tweaked skeleton hp so that you can take them out in 2 well-aimed shots. The first one will usually send bones flying (the actual rigged bones so the skeleton is now missing some, not just particles) while the second shot will make the skeleton explode completely.

I'm currently making animations for when you shoot the skeletons so they react. So far I have the Resident evil 4 "cover face with upper arm then look back at attacker" thing and another where the skeleton falls on its knees and start going crazy, shaking its head left and right. I'm open to suggestions. Maybe I could have one where the skeleton just stops dead in his track (they're running by default) and crawls into a ball on the ground.

Yeah, that might be cool. Depends on how fast I make the game though, might not be worth it if the point ends up being to rush through the level.
Yeah. I wanted to have some animation on them too, but it's pretty hard.

I looked it up and it's literally a few google searches away, I'm not spoonfeeding you, you lazy dork.

post dev music

youtube.com/watch?v=jyaGImJx3ns

I was wondering why no one had mentioned this

I know nothing of the legality of it. What do I need to know?

>android exporting doesnt work
It does for me. Can't remember which release I went with though.

read the top. It says they can remove from "YYG platforms" so from the gamemaker market place. They can't remove off anything else.

Ignore the LLC meming.

How is it? The uppercut can be performed any time as long as you are standing on ground and it's counts as crouching so high attacks will miss the player.

can you check it ?

>What do I need to know?
Please ignore anyone that mentions LLCs and patents here, it's a running meme.

All you need to know for legal shit is to keep yourself away from liability by making a company. You don't need to worry about that until you're about to publish and sell your game.

>What do I need to know?
Oh boy. Mostly, if you don't have an LLC then patent litigation could result in having your personal assets won by the suing party.

dark souls

Looking good

they at least look good, you can practice making anims

I really like it. Does the sword disappear because you'd have to do a different falling sprite to keep it visible?

dope

not him but it looks like it's masked by the ceiling.

Oh well fuck why the hell would you sell it there when we have shit like steam

How early do I have to work on this? Can't I do it a month or two before I publish?

Okay good, that's what I thought but I was unsure. Any idea the cost of this shit once I do decide to make my own company etc.?

desu I fucking love that hands-in-pockets stance
it seriously looks unironically cool
good on you

youtu.be/KNmGuO0qVdM
I moved to youtube
playing sailor moon & cursor vs ninja pls come watch

Ghostdev/BokubeDev here. That looks like shit, just like my pixel art ;")

Reminder that people who say "ignore LLC posters, patents are a meme" may themselves be sitting on videogame patents, watching /agdg/ and hoping someone "makes it" so they can force them to settle out of court

Why the fuck would I share would I made here lol

Thanks for the advice though, I tend to be super paranoid with that I'm making for that reason. I never share.

The image is stuck, I can only hear music

hes at it again with the LLC stuff, remember to ignore it!

Thanks.

It disappears because I'm going to eventually have multiple weapons, and it would be too much work to do animations for every player animations. PC has shittons of animations, so it's not really possible. It could be done with skeletal animation, but I don't like how skeletal animation looks. Reminds me of some shit 2006 flash games. I plan to have them have some cool appearing and disappearing animation, kinda like in FFXV.

Thanks.

I think it turned out pretty well too.

I'm getting a good audio stream, but the video stream is just a single image. Don't have a youtube account so I can't use the chat sorry.

GameMaker Studio Early Access 1.99.44

It's an old version with a lot of bugs, but it works. Builds .apk files just fine.

Nice path finding, keep it up

Any music bros out there ?

Okay image works now

Just as a PSA:

please don't rewrite pathing algorithms just fight that shit online. You're not gonna be able to create something from scratch that's better than what's already there.

I fucking wish, it's my elephant in the room. I'm like three levels down and no music yet

Lots

samefag.

Hmmm I wonder how did you implement that pathfinding.
I don't mean the method (like A*) but how did you precisely code it?
I don't work with JS or HTML so if you're going to bother even responding I'd beg you to explain it as generally as possible

Take your medication auspie

It broke again
I think you need to give up on streaming
Record locally and then upload a video

is it unity by the way ?

Yeah, I like your traditional animation. I think at the game's resolution, skeletal animation would wreck your aesthetic.

ok thank dude

how the fuck do you guys not have 80 bucks lying around to use

i like it man. looks edgy as fuck. it would be cool if the guy's coat was bulkier and fur lined and he was also more ripped

wageslaving

idk dude maybe because i live in a third world country

I mean, if I ever finish a game in GameMaker that I'd want to publish somewhere, I could shill out 80 bucks. But why would I pay before reaching that point?

ok im gonnna bully u by ending ur life fuckin kid

The free version is almost the same as the paid version as a development environment. You just don't get certain performance enhancing export options.

Why would I use a free version that doesn't offer those performance enhancing export options when I can use a free version that does offer them?

I'm sorry to have let you guys down
I couldn't figure out how to make youtube streaming work
if anyone wants their game streamed I can do it through steam, steam streaming works pretty well usually

GM:S.

I think skeletal animation looks like shit, no matter what the resolution is.

I can always change the player sprites. Graphics can be always changed, that's why they are not my first priority. Changing gameplay is more problematic.

It's ok man, will you be streaming in a few hours?

Idk, what game do you want to see me stream?

I have more questions about the game.

Should I have mp regen or have enemies drop MP things?

>adblocker
REEEEEEEE

Fuck whoever told you to use Youtube man. That shit shot my browser's memory usage up to 2gb. Anything's better than that.

>watching streams through a browser

Getting NPC dialog from data tables!

everything

hopoofriend please ask hopoo to fund my game