/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_Userland_Flaws
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how do I change the wii u browser starting page?

First for 11.0.0-33 breaking emuNAND CFW and the only solution is sysNAND CFW through a9lh.

xth for user posting their thick gfs pics

>think my wii u was 5.5 for months
>it was 5.4
FUCK

1st for sky 3ds master race

I'm trying to use my O3DS to install OOThax for my N3DS. What firmware version do I enter? The one for my N3DS or O3DS? I assume it matters.

SO I am throwing one of my backed up emuNANDs onto the root of my 3ds and then using decrypt9 to Select "NAND Restore (keep a9lh) using that emuNand?

And any one will work? Should I use one from part 3 or 4? I have a formatted emuNand, an EmuNand 2.1 (which I think is emuNAND original named wrong) from part 4, and one just named emuNAnd from part 3.

the latest luma updater hourly is not working on 10.7

remember to backup your arm9loaderhax.bin even though the app does it for you

-->

yes you have the general idea now just follow github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

>hourly

nvm I'm a dumb fuck

>tfw I played my wii U the most in the last week than the two years of me owning it.

ok thanks.

I have Pokemon Platinum running on my Wii U right now but the ROM is all buggy and shit.

How do I back up my save if I want to try deleting and using another rom?

Does the 5.5 guide work with 5.4 too?
Or are there specific guides

the wii u guide said you can only load wii u game through the sd card, but aint games on it are huge in size? irrc xcx was like 20gb or something

sup brahs, just learned I can hack my wii u. I'm just wonderin' how far the hacking goes (can I get any game free?) and how hard the process is. I got other stuff to do.

use svdt or jks save manger to back up the save

I don't think missing out on the glory days of MH3U is really something to celebrate.

If only there was some sort of guide linked in the OP that people could read if they were interested in how the process works. That would be pretty convenient.

EmuNAND on 11.0 if you want online play. 2.0 FBI for a more stable .cia installer and to patch DLCs into games more reliably.

>something that helps bootrate but makes you play on SysNAND

That's al9h (step 4-5 in Plailect's guide). It's worth it if you want better bootrates but I personally don't find it necessary if you just want to pirate and play games with some light hack mods.

Unless you're powering off your 3DS every time you want to put something in the SD card, you don't need to care too much about bootrate.

Powering off your 3DS just to put stuff in the SD card is stupid by the way. Just go to the Camera app in EmuNAND and click view photos. Then you can pop out the SD card, put what you want in it, then put it back in, wait, and close the Camera app. You'll just have to set your Home theme again and won't crash your EmuNAND. Of course if you're putting homebrew apps in the SD card to run them from the HBL menu just power off your 3DS.

The only bootrate problem you'll have to worry about is (Boot)NTR. That thing doesn't have 100% bootrate and will restart your 3DS whenever it fails to load the new hacks you want to patch into the game.

watch your fucking tone with me boy, you don't know who i am and what i can do to people like you

This is just banter, right? Gotta be a joke since you're namefagging too.

Quick question /hbg/, for loadline on the wiiu, you can run any roms from different regions with your console?
My console is US but some of the roms i can find are EU so i want to make sure before i download them

you don't know who i am but i know where you live

>I'm in your area

Does the injected ticket trick on 3DS also work for the DLC as well as the regular game? Can I just install the ticket files for all the Smash DLC or whatever and then download it officially so it doesn't disappear every time new stuff comes out?

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>there are people that are actually autistic enough to try to leave their 3DS permanently powered on

Fucking why? Haven't you seen enough technology in your lifetime to realize that power cycling is magic?

Holy fuck I did it, I am done with this fucking long process forever and I never have to worry about it ever again.

Now I just need to figure out how to actually install and play games. Do I just download isos? What are these cia files?

So I'm going to use this guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki but I've already downgraded and installed Emunand since it came but I didn't touched anything since. Can I skip the part 1 and 2 ? Or will I miss something ?

new wii u drive folder when

> you already have a CFW setup on any version between 9.0.0 and 9.2.0, change menuhax to type 1, set your menuhax trigger to D-Pad down, then start the guide at Part 4. Note that anywhere "RedNAND" is mentioned, you can pretend it says "EmuNAND" instead as they are very similar and the instructions will be the same other than that.
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)

Does anyone in here program some kickass™ homebrew?
If so, what are you currently working on and are you going to use/using?

>have to unscrew back of 3ds to fix stick
>unable to unscrew it, take it to tech shop
>the guy can unscrew it like nothing with the same screwdriver and tells me to put a bit more force into it
>try for hours and still can't do one screw

I didn't sign up for physical humiliation, just wanted to hack my 3DS.

Ok I'll try thanks

>and are you going to use/using
What license are you going to use/using?

not original Drive maker, but I'll have access to better internet tomorrow and will upload things not currently in the existing drives

can anyone get a rom for darius twin for SNES working with the wii u?

i love that game and want to play it again

My 3DS never had any problems that need power cycling though, only when BootNTR crashes because >lol bootrate

Leaving it on just keep me from wprrying about CFW bootrate.

Do you use al9h or not? You need to install FBI to install .cia files of games (actual pirated games).

I'm reading in advance the guide and in the Part 1 - Homebrew, I don't understand why it is necessary to change the date and time of the console. For my 3DS I was using the "you must be retarded guide" and I never had to do this. What is the utility of this action ?

Your name's still on.

What screwdriver are you using? Numerous manuals advise to unscrew 3DSs with #000 screwdrivers but #00 works far better for me.

is it possible to play OG wii games and gamecube games with loadiine?

I am using al9h and luma. I followed this guide completely to the end.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

>tfw finally got my R4i flashcard
Time to not play 3DS games some more, I guess.

read

Appreciate it, thanks

Doesn't that guide tell you to install FBI? Or at least that part was included in step 4 pre RedNaND and Luma3DS era, which you can do even if you don't go through the whole guide and only stop at part 3.

Do you have that app on your 3DS? If you do just put .cias of games into your SD card and go wild with installing them via FBI.

I have a PS3 on PeXploitable OFW. Is there a way to bypass the update nag to get on the psn store?

>ps3
SONY GET OUT, THIS IS NINTENDOTURF

thanks but no, it's for people who already have a CFW. I was talking about my 3DS already hacked but I'm reading the guide to hack the 2DS of my girlfriend, so I have to start from 0.
I just don't understand the reason of editing the date and time to get homebrew launcher. To not completely follow it like a robot without understanding of its act.

To bypass a possible update-your-3ds-or-else nag.

Not that big of a MH fan and I still got MH4 and X on the 3DS anyway.

Haha, just saying if it weren't for that game, I never would have gotten 2000 hours plus out of my dead console.

ok I see, thanks.

I know this is a stupid question but...
So, I have system version 10.4 and have no desire to update. But it turns out I have a bunch of pokemon in the pokebank that I want to get at. I can't get them without updating. Is their any way to trick the system into letting me download my pokemon so I can transfer them to local storage with the homebrew app? Baring that, if I make a RedNAND, can I update that to the current version, then move my pokemon over on the CFW?

on some firmwares the browser nags you to update and by changing it it bypasses it

>don't want to follow instructions without understanding
>used the retard's guide

How do I pirate WiiVC games? I want to play xenoblade on the gamepad.

Wat is PeXploit? can you provide some information?

A question. I'm currently downgradin my New3DS to v 9.2 following the instructions in OP, but i'm a bit confused by steps 2 and 3.

It says to move the 3ds FOLDER and merge it with the one on the SD card, but when i extracted both the PlaiSysUpdater ZIP and the EmuNAND ZIP i was left with a couple more files as seen in Pic related (Ignore the actual ZIPs).

Am i supposed to drag those other files to the SD too? Or just the 3ds folder?

Right now, you don't. It's not really understood how Wii VC works.

only the 3ds folder

Can the Wii U and 3DS use 128gb sd cards?

Thanks! Then what's the purpose of the other files?

Other ways to boot, particularly useful for people below 9.0.

ONE SHOT
N
E

S
H
O
T

yes

>wii u 5.5.x exploit less than a week old
>95% of people still discussing 3ds exploits
>other 5% are asking about wiiu exploits and none of their questions are being answered

Rip

Regarding the romhacks guide, is there any alternative to Asia's hacking toolkit? I have a .3ds fresh from Decrypt9 (run from A9LH) but I can't get at the romfs.

4.7 just seems to fail, dropping a bunch of "C:/Users/FIRSTNAME is not a command", while the 5 just spams "the system cannot find the file specified".

The first suggests that they're not properly handling spaces in filenames, but even when I just ran it from C:/Asia it gave the same error. The second is just odd.

Yes because for this time it's not my console and I want to understand exactly where the backup of game's save datas is. And this step of editing date and time was a little wtf for me.

I just cleared reading the Part 2 (I do the hack this Monday). Seems like the backup of game's save datas is on the step 22 when we have to backup SysNAND to sysNAND.bin. I continue reading and guess that after EmuNAND installed, EmuNAND Manager Option will be used to copy pasta sysNAND.bin datas into a sort of emuNAND.bin to have the save datas into EmuNAND. Will see that.

Makes sense. By the way, When i extracted the PlaiSys ZIP, it came with a 3ds folder and a PlaiSys.cia file. I copied both of them. Should i delete the .cia file?

All these fucking games, now I just need time to play all of them

You'll need the .cia in a later section of the guide, just leave it on your SD card.

more people have 3ds than wiius

Alright. I am ready to get back in the swing of this.
I have a 10.7 N3DS without HBL. How do I hax with PSMD and a powersaves? Intend to downgrade asap.

The guide is completely consistent and viable. The only risk is downgrading to 9.2 forcing you to update to 11.0 (which you seem to already have done) and user error.

>Yes because for this time it's not my console and I want to understand exactly where the backup of game's save datas is.
Saves are stored in SD:/Nintendo 3DS///

You can use homebrew to decrypt your saves so you can manage them, but they are otherwise tied to the NAND you're using. (Pay attention to where your NAND is moving. Your SysNand gets copied over to your emunand, you eradicate sysnand by formatting it and assigning it a new NANDID, then you do shit in emunand and flash emunand back to sysnand by the end of part 5.)

>And this step of editing date and time was a little wtf for me.
That's explained here: 3dbrew.org/wiki/3DS_Userland_Flaws

CTRL+F: "Old3DS/New3DS Browser-version-check bypass"

yo guys I'm on part 4 of the guide where I downgrade to get the otp. I've formatted twice and backed up that emunand but the downgrade keeps on failing. I'm on emunand 9.2

Thank you very much, man.

For 5, you have to actually install it on your computer with the setup before you run the HackingToolkit.exe.

>the backup of game's save datas is
It's done in part 4, manually.

Anyone proficient enough in CSS to think of a clever way of covering up the annoying message?

I should also mention I'm using luma3ds for rednand and downgrading to 2.1

I can still do Ninjhax if I'm still on 10.7 for O3DS, r-right?

Yes.

cant you just block it in your adblocker?

Removing the message triggers this. So I have to cover it instead.

disable that one as well?

see

Manually stop loading the page before the ads load. Only gotta do it once. Dumb but it works.

if i format my 3ds will it go back to the way it was?

wanna restart alpha saphire but need to put my mons on pokebank and i used a different Nintendo ID when making my 3ds cfw...

Why would I remove my name?

Did you try using only the method in the pastebin?

make a new emunand, format it, then log in your NNID

this is assuming your old NNID isn't suck on another nand, which can be logged out of if you format said NAND.

Using Guiformat to format my SD card for Wii U, pastebin says 64kb cluster size is optimal but theres only options for 512 as the lowest and 65536 as the highest, and numerous in between. What should i go for?

Yoshi's Woolly World has no sound and it takes me to the controller selection place where it does nothing.