/lite/ - Roguelite general

BUCKLE UP BUCKAROO EDITION

Last thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

gofile.io/?id=TsS0a1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Blobulon character when?

2nd for drawfags should kill themselves.

Dragun lewds when?

never

rude

soon

NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

Who /Vagante/ here?

New update came today, 2nd act bosses look different now, Plant boss is fucking impossible to kill without taking damage.

Also I can barely get to act4 alive.

I'd really like to try it out. It looks awesome. I refuse to buy EA games though. No idea if they even have a release date.

>cobalt day on the NLSS
god i hate that fat faggot

They have a roadmap, and if you check the Steam news, you will see how much it gets updated (every two weeks).

Cobalt Streak? Can't stand him either. I toss the cobalt hammer out wherever I find it on principle.

They can update it two times a day for the next five years for all I care. Early Access is a deal breaker.

One is a real person, one is an item in a game. At least it doesn't have a ridiculous name.

An item named after that person.

did ea kill killing floor 2 or did tripwire kill it

That boy needs therapy.

It's psychosomatic.

he's a nut, a nut

crazy in the coconut

It could've been much, much worse. Just saying.

>nt level 7

I still have yet to beat the fucking thing. Just seems as though there's so much shit going on the second the level starts.

Just make sure to take out the ghost guardians and stay away from the doggos.

never forget this strategy

Read up on it. Really looking forward to it and Catacomb Kids. This early access shit needs to stop.

>someone actually saved the image that I drew on my phone as I was whining on /ntg/
I don't know how to feel about this.

Roguelite is a stupid concept asspulled by developers when their "roguelike" games got critical eyes on them for the first time. Thanks for your time.

It won't because it makes money. Same with artificial queues in MMOs.

I mean is this a general for people who like games that vaguely resemble Rogue but don't actually have any substantive connection to it?

I remember these

Hammerhead is still trash

I had luck with the Early Access games I bought, Prison Architect, Necrodancer, Starbound, and I can say Vagante's devs are doing a great job.

But I understand you, wasting 15 bucks for a potential bad game.

Vagante is one of my favorite games, and I recommend it a lot. I wish the game had more diffusion because the devs need the money.

But the best I can do is share you the files:
gofile.io/?id=TsS0a1

It works, check it with an antivirus if you like, I just copy-pasted the files from the Steam folder.

Try it, and buy it when the stable gets released.

>trying to unlock horror
>fucking black hole blasts open the canister

FFS

reminder that meme guts is best mutation

post more gameplay

Okay

>rolling into that last bullet

been playing etg I see

GRANNY KAZOO, LET'S HAVE A TWO

is it two or tune

LIVE YOU FUCKS

>grab a kazoo, let's have at you

tune i think but it is an easy mistake

eternal page eight is an okay place to live

i said page eight

is it like spelunky?

Which one is better guys? I am doing so well, I don't want to die here.

Star, can actually be used more than twice a floor and that's a lot more than two hearts per floor.

I'd take the star

Alright, I am going to bullet hell. That is the entire reason I even considered the health regen.

Can I go back to playing Nuclear Throne now?

No, get all of the masteries and take no damage on the lich first.

How much are you relying on blasphemy?

does the water sprayer in gungeon reveal secret walls? it probably does but just wanna make sure

also, how good is it when combined with an electric gun? I got one too

I've used blasphemy the entire run so far and have gotten every mastery except dragun, of course I am not going to rely on blasphemy to get me through the entire 6th chamber though.

Guys, would it be fair to make some kind of Character idea pastebin for EtG, given how we are keeping the one for Atomic Seat, or is that too circle-jerky?

RIP my hopes and dreams of success.

Time to practice for/do the NT daily

OK here's a character idea to get started

>Punished Fish
>A mutant hailing from a planet long destroyed by nuclear waste, wanting to save his dead comrades he ventures into the Gungeon to kill his past
>PASSIVE
>Fish can roll. Doubles the length of dodge rolls
>PAST
Throne II fight with a guitar and a revolver.

>those guns
>losing somehow as bullet

sure why not, you start it and the next op can put it up

try it Yes, it's. It adds RPG elements like different classes, skill trees, and gear. The enemies are harder, the music is great too.

How's Vagante?

only early access i ever bought was minecraft and heroes of newerth. sad to see how both of them turned out but i had hundreds of hours of fun with both so it's hard to be salty

check

That was only my second time in Bullet Hell. I also do not have any skill whatsoever. My runs are purely luck based, as you can see in these 2 pictures.

I had Seven Leaf Clover in my first chest that run, and Clone in my second.

>tfw you've beat bullet hell with much much less and before the ammo drop change

It's hard to explain but there seems like there is a system at place with the huge map. I wish I could offer a better explanation but I can sort of tell when I'm on the right path. The boss seems to be far from the start usually. Nuking down creech, shotgrubs, and the singing guys is real important.

I know what you mean. There's a patter in most cases, like in Forge it's easy as hell to find Dragun because you always enter from a long hallway on the bottom.

I'm pretty sure you always enter the Lich fight from the bottom as well which makes "up" a better direction to spiral out in than "down" to an extent.

>Vinny beat the Absolution on his first try

Fucking how?

The stream let him gather energy from the viewers, like a spirit bomb.

by not being a fucking shitter like you

Fish can roll

>Fish
>Can Roll
>Uses fire-rate instead of reload time
>Can get ammo for two guns instead of one
>PAST: Reach the Nuclear Throne again that means resolution is locked to 4:3 and 30 FPS you start at 1-1

Any tips for killing the throne with melting (lol)

I didn't believe that Vinny had the brain capacity to even pass 3-1, nice.

It is less that somebody in general managed to do it and more that Vinny managed to do it.

Here is another idea.

>Dorito
>Once one of the powerful gun godz, Danny has little to no memory of his past. He angered another gun god and was bimbofied/sisified/struck down.
>Passives broken coin crown, misfired shadow bullet
>He stumbled into the gungeon in a stupor and if he somehow by chance is able to kill his past, he ends up preventing his downfall. In his past he is at full power fighting another gun god.

I'd support this being added to the game at some point.

/lite/'s opinion on Catacomb Kids? not necessarily a roguelite in my opinion but it seems pretty fun.

Wth is that

Absolution is easy if you know what you're given.

First time I tried it I didn't realise I had the active item till very late, and the blanks I never realised at all.

>early access

>implying
so what? not all early access games are shit, or whatever you're implying about it.

A example is speedrunners

About to do a gungeon run. Anyone have any interesting challenges to suggest?

Does anyone likes Crypt of the NecroDancer?

this is /lite/, for games as such as that
so basically fuck you and no its shit, sorry babe

yes it's real good

ikr

no dodge roll challenge (except for pits/trap rooms)

I never play Yung Scrub, I just randomed them for the daily. So which ultra?

Blessed Cursed run is always interesting, and easy.

Ima gun god

what is going on?

>141866130
I was trying to follow the "Topic"

Even a gun god has time to chill with his cuz, right?

>wth is that
What is what?
>A example is speedrunners
The game speedrunners? It's a roguelite? I didn't know.

Look at that blank weapon texture