/twg/- Total War General

PIKEMEN edition

>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM
Last Roman -- youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc
Empires of Sand DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=4YN4doAZDPU
Attila launch trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=h9xmbMLyMuo

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Chaos vs Empire battle -- youtube.com/watch?v=uao1Pu-Kw88
Vampire Counts Campaign -- youtube.com/watch?v=2a9nF8X2Yd4
Vampire Counts Reveal -- youtube.com/watch?v=uj605sogy3I
Corruption Blog -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Corruption_Works_in_Total_War:_WARHAMMER
How Corruption Works -- youtube.com/watch?v=g6PPH4GkEM8
Vampire Counts Roster -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vampire_Counts_Army_Roster
Siege of Hovel -- youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io
Kholek Suneater -- Chaos vs Dwarfs -- youtube.com/watch?v=3EIkvHD7MU8
Kholek Suneater (Dwarf POV) -- youtube.com/watch?v=aAMKJzUAX_M
Modding Officially supported -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Modding_Details
Chaos Warriors Campaign Walkthrough -- youtube.com/watch?v=VKv4A0GA3Qw
Campaign Gameplay Streams (Orc, Dwarfs, Empire) -- twitchDOTtv/totalwarofficial/profile

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RjfwlVQzMmI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for you made the thread too late you stupid retard

If our Warboss Grimgor is to become the best
Military leader of all the orcs and elves

Aksum cucked da world. Hataz did! He took an Aksum army to Britannia. There wuz NO ONE left to cuck, da wimmiz wuz his.

>being mean
>being ungrateful

>being mean

Second for 2013 was best /twg/ year
If you don't count rome 2

What are some fun campaigns to do in Shogun 2/fots ?

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

do a samurai only run fots

Ikko Ikki

>1 week, 5 days and 19 hours

None.

CA made a deal with the devil.

In exchange for Shogun being the most polished, most balanced, most overall well-made Total War ever they traded the game's soul, it would never be truly fun despite how good it is because it has no personality.

QUICK! You have been promoted to name the units for the new mod from RADIOUS for TW:W

Grimgor iz da ____
say et, SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY EEEEEEEET!!!

>most balanced

any game is going to be balanced if every faction has the same units

This is fun and not even hard tbqh

I actually had an easier time with a full traditional army than with trying to micro rifleman spaghetti lines.

Am I boned? I'm tempted to pay them to fuck off.
Also, out of the desert kingdoms, which ones are the most fun/interesting to play?

>ahh /twg/ the eternal general
>I have seen the end of threads and posts from now men will say...
>here began the fall of /twg/

>the powers of dank memes were taken from the many and given to the few
>and those who posted the stale memes grew sick with every kind of wickedness
>they were filled with glee, deceit and malice
>they shitposted and shilled
>they betrayed their fellow posters
>and baited those they loved

>they did all this... and called it fun

>and I saw in his hand a book, sealed with seven seals the first of which was broken

>and behold a new thread and he who posted it was late, and he went forth to shitpost

>the thread was filled with shit and smug...

download radious and recruit some slavic poison archers. otherwise you better hope you can deal with the 40 units of devil cav that's going to sit outside your walls and murder you.

>tfw when total war warhammer unlocks

youtube.com/watch?v=RjfwlVQzMmI

I WANT WARHAMMER NOW
NOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Time to pay them to fuck off then. I don't think I want to deal with T3 horse archers at this point.

I can't hear anything.

Rome has such a good soundtrack

>Gook will never comeback

Spread the truth as Otomo

Desert kingdoms get huge penalty for outside religion so keep that in mind, also jews are most fun goy,

Da worst.

play slavs. you'll get buttfucked by the huns (and everyone else) at first but its piss easy once you get upgraded spears and slavic archers. I beat a 4 stack attack with a garrison in a fully upgraded settlement and took maybe 200 casualties.

Empire Legendary Legacy Roman Greatswords

>posting Adriana
>not Trish
>wanting gook to come back

dwarven neckbeards

What special units would rome even have in warhammer?(if rome was in warhammer)
kek

>Dwarven Chaotic Heavy shock Mage-Cavalry

Loyal Vampire Sigmar Priests

Chaos Great Hammerers (heavy skirmish infantry)

Light troll armoured cavalry spider skirmishers (berserker wizards)

(You)

Epic lols guys keep them coming xD

is based Jeff composing music for TW:W?

Chaos sorcerer(lore of light)

I like her more

dual wield rifle chef

tfw radious will do some shit like this

Emperors Chaos Archaon of Sigmar (mounted on zombie dragon)

>ELITE LOYAL RADIUS SHILL (Peasant Levy)

How do I unlock that? Is there a mod? Heroic victories happen once in a campaign for me in TW:A

who is radious?

Here come dat Boii !

There have been numerous undisputable masterpieces in total war modding, such as the strikingly realistic classic Europa Barbarorum or its medieval counterpart Stainless Steel. Radious mod will not join their ranks; its surface is too generic, its presentation too provocative and its messages too obscure. Its take on the abysmal is an illumination in one person’s despair, but a paroxysm of another’s perversion. It will remain underground – treasured by the most avant-garde among intellectuals for its edifying if horrifying insight into the fundaments of human morality. Philistines and self-proclaimed critics alike will shun Radious mod, but you can’t fault them for that. It takes wisdom to appreciate its subtleties, and courage to side with the unpopular opinion. Sed domi maneas paresque nobis novem continuas fututiones.

Superficially, Radious mod appears to be a mod which caters to the most proletarian among men; aloof critics dismiss it as such often without a second thought. As complacent as these self-proclaimed "understanders of strategy" are, they fail to realize that Radious mod is a cult classic, a chef d'oeuvrea buried under false preconceptions and unfounded criticism. This gem is hidden because it does not shine; it is buried because its tone is that of abyssal black. Radious mod pries into to the darkest corners of our subconscious, the most visceral of our cognition, the most carnal of our urges, and the most primal of our instincts.

As brilliantly put by Cattalus, "Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo"; to describe the artistic qualia of Radious mod would be to describe music to the deaf, color to the blind or beauty to the philistine. The painting speaks for itself, and it is up to the player to fully absorb its depth. Its sublimity will ever be debated yet always remain objectively irrefutable; the fundamental insight it provides into human and perhaps animalistic nature may shape the basis of Total War modding for centuries to come.

radious is the name of the most popular mod for Rome/Attila

A veritable work ahead of its time, Radious mod is an author’s input on the contemporary attitude so critical of mods that they’re often not given a chance at all, a window through which we see the creator’s wish to move his audience, as well as frustrations at the vessels of these emotions being ignored or enjoyed as “low art”.

Attempts at analyzing Radious mod’s implications and unraveling its messages necessitate great concentration and effort, which is further exacerbated when so much of my blood flows elsewhere than my brain when enjoying this mod.

Radious mod is a journey, an embodiment of a search fundamental to our humanity yet abandoned by contemporary society; Radious Mod is the eternal quest for perfection. As philosophers and "understanders of strategy" alike vainly peruse the void of their hollow souls for an abstract ideal, they achieve naught save for casting the community into desecration. Delving further into the hypothetical and the metaphysical only reinforces the misbelief that true beauty lies within. “Homosexuality,” Plato wrote, “is regarded as shameful by barbarians and by those who live under despotic governments, Both of which apply to contemporary society.

"Quod culus tibi purior salillo est, nec toto decies cacas in anno; atque id durius est faba et lapillis. Quod tu si manibus teras fricesque, non umquam digitum inquinare posses.”

As tremors of mirth reverberate through my corpus; my finite faculties discharged; my soul emancipated. Such is the power of Radious Mod. Radious Mod is not everyone’s cup of tea. It is perhaps best treated as a lengthy parable. For the actively dismissive it will hardly make much of an impression other than being an ordinary mod with a cheap attempt at improving the game. For others with willing ears and eyes to match, it can be a novel take on the values and motivations surrounding the genre.

Dwarf Horse Archers (Empire unit)

That Medieval English Literature degree is paying off, user

>Dorf Lord tree
>Full Plate Armor
>Not Gromril Armor
mfw

Most overrated mod for rome 2/Attila

Just tried a Medieval 1212 battle where I, as Burgundy, had 12 Pavise spearmen (full experience), 4 man-at-arms (full experience), 2 pavise crossbowmen (full experience), 1 onage (3 experience) against 10,000 Englishman (half serjeants with 3 experience each and half militia, and like 8 knights). Tactic: use only defensive testudo and just move units into the enemy. Managed to surround the enemy by the end and used my crossbowmen to shoot their archers. My casualties were ~500 compared to over 5,500 on their side. Couldn't chase them down with my units in defensive testudo, so didn't bother.

umm.. okay weirdo... god, guys are such geeks

Why is it overrated?

nice blog

If you have to ask why then you would probably enjoy the mod. It's full of ahistoric I hate say meme-tier, but meme-tier units that completely wipe out faction variety and difficulty. Also makes the game piss easy through changing the economy its basically a cheat mod.

>umm.. okay weirdo... god, guys are such geeks

>Why is it overrated?

Because what it principally does is attempt to "balance" the game by giving every faction every kind of unit. Meaning there is no kind of variety and it shits all over historicity.

It also results in all kinds of bizarre and retarded unit names.

uh so the reason you guys and gals hate it is because it's not historical and is too easy? Jeez..

>Pikes were a thing

This baffles me. Archers would tear them apart, no shields no protection. How did this form of warfare last so long?

I don't hate it, but I sure as heck ain't playing it. Also we are all autisits here reee and get out or something.

Total war is completely unhistoric dude..., half the attila shit is just made up units

Okay are you TRYING to bait here?

It's the age of zzzzz and munitions armor

Overall, what's the best DLC for Attila that isn't Charlememe or the Last Cuckhold?

>removing thoses

Because there is a reason why in most TW games cavalry is ridiculously op.

Empire of sand

OP confirmed for a good boy

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

>give a peasant a long poked stick and tell him to point it in the direction enemies come from
it's retardproof and brutal on the defensive, that's enough reason

One thing I don't get about medieval warfare is why horse archers combined with mobile siege weapons that could be assembled and dissassembled quickly didn't just dominate the world.

After reading about the Romans at Carrhae, apparently horse archers completely WRECKED the entire Roman legionaries.

So why didn't having longbowmen mounted on horses and dismounting before battle, then remounting when the enemy got close ever become the standard tactic?

I always do that, I'm fairly certain I'm the only one that does.

I hate this meme

>Pikes were a thing

This baffles me. Guns would tear them apart. How did this form of warfare last so long?

>munitions armor
I'm not a fan of this term. It's not historical and it draws a distinction between one-size-fits-all armor and custom-fitted armor which didn't exist at the time.

guns without pikes to back them up were easy prey for cavalry. There is a reason why cavalry was still a thing all the way up until the first world war.

technically wouldn't cavalrymen armed with anti-tank rockets be the ultimate unit for ww2?

??? Custom armor was still a thing in the 16th century and munitions armor is mass produced low quality crap.

Pikes were there to ward off cavalry until bayonets were invented.

Terrain of europe maybe?

also horse archery can't just be taught easile en masse. you need a whole culture devoted to it like huns or mongols. you can't just ask the english population to practice horse archery for a hundred years

Is warhammer total war shaping up nicely at all?

I am just trying to figure out what to spend my money on at the end of the month.

Stellaris
Warhammer total war

or overwatch?

Machine Guns were the reason for why cavalry fell out of favor. Ever seen The Last Samurai?

Warhammer

overwatch without a doubt.

horses present too big of a target. a squad of infantry with an anti rank rocket has a much higher chance of sneaking up on a tank

Man holy pikes were awful you had to have massive balls to just stand there and poke.

then horse crossbowmen? Seriously how would anyone be able to overcome a bunch of crossbowmen continually deploying and shooting from horse nonstop, any infantry would be completely dead.

And if cavalry tried to chase you you would just lure them away and destroy them from a distance

After the invention of the gun why did anyone even bother with line infantry that was not mounted??

Fun fact: British tank units were considered cavalry and used cavalry terminology

I mean, I think it looks really good.

Obviously it has shoddy parts, the AI looks like it's about the same as it's been for the entire series (fucking braindead) and some of the corner-cutting they've done (siege-map reskins) irk me a bit.

But it's not even close to enough to make me think the game won't be worthwhile, this is the kind of game I've been waiting for for literally decades at this point.

This reply is copy-pasted from my reply to the same question in the last thread

Kinda strange how it took them so long to figure out you could shove a knife right into the barrel of a gun IE: plug bayonets.

>So why didn't having longbowmen mounted on horses and dismounting before battle, then remounting when the enemy got close ever become the standard tactic?
mounting and dismounting is not as fast as you may think, and it's tiring, also, you are fucked if your horse runs away in panic

also
>roman era
>longbows

Overwatch isn't even remotely similar to total war so I think it would depend on what kind of game you prefer the most. Probably a biased opinion but TW:W looks good to me.

No, but I mean, with proper scouting one should be able to avoid machine guns

When you see machine gun nests dismount and then snipe them because machine guns are poor at range. Or shoot a rocket charge at them

Makes sense really. I mean what would you call them? They do pretty much the same thing as heavy horse.

I was making fun of the user I linked to.

>??? Custom armor was still a thing in the 16th century
I know.

>munitions armor is mass produced low quality crap.
This is part of why I dislike the term, because it leaves people with this impression that so-called "munitions" armor was necessarily low quality.

Mounted Crossbowmen used lighter crossbows compared to infantry crossbowmen and didn't pack a heavy enough punch.

They're pretty fucking OP in M1 and M2TW

>machine guns made cavalry redundant
Cavalry was still used extensively in WW2. Whether for scouting,relaying orders,moving through inhospitable terrain or moving heavy equipment. The German war machine didn't become fully motorised until 1942 even then, they still used thousands of horses pulling tanks,artillery,cars and supply carts to traverse Russia's muddy landscape.