mega.nz/#!MBoGlSZS!7qcIrk-7Vv1TpLmEXZ-2os-B4_5QwTzWXhiZuOvH4j4

>DLC Folder (spiders and VOID)
mega.nz/#!pdQxQIob!buPr0t5PEDYD1den2PvlPVXl41UvEwcXHoJZDOQcbfY

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/E46JpuTF
pastebin.com/pxReH5xP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for space parrots

can someone post stuff about fallen empires here?

I find them really cool and don't actually want to play this game, but absorb to the lore from it

thaks

We did it Reddit, friendship wins again

PSA: Prioritize energy early, or wind up broke by 2260

Where's the mod folder? I'm not seeing it in the usual paradox places. Do I have to make it?

Third for the end times being upon us

How do I only elect female rulers?
Is it possible?

I think are advanced AI starts? But they can't really expand etc. I want to say.

It's possible with mods.

Not possible atm, though a govt type with elections would allow you to pick the women if you feel like doing it for RP reasons.

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT FUCKING FILE TO MOD TO CHANGE THE TIME IT TAKES TO TERRAFORM

AND HOW TO FIND PLANET IDs

SERIOUSLY ILL GIVE YOU 10 DOLLARS PAYPAL

kiss me

Just gotta love the contradiction.

I've set up my own mod, but the portrait I've made doesn't work quite the way I want it to.

I want a static portrait for my ruler, and the rest to be normal humans.

My first ruler has the right portrait, but the heirs get normal human portraits.

>No new posts
basically you take the flux concentrator and invert it so that it manages to discorporate the capacitating engine, then enter the source code, jimmy up the mainframe a bit, and you are done and dusted!

Fallen Empires are just old empires that collapsed and are now basically old retirees sitting on their porch telling kids to get off their lawn.

Is it more fun to play a slaving and purging faction or a mega multikulti blob?

When expanding my frontiers, should I be making defense platforms or leaving fleets behind to consolidate my territory? reposting in the new thread

damn that sounds redpilled as fuck, can you play as fallen empires?

Fallen Empires are basically empires that started off like you do except a long, long time ago. They grew large and extremely powerful, but then just... stagnated for some reason. The game refers to it as Stagnant Ascendancy, as in they were on the road to ascending but didn't make it all the way.

They generally protect what's theirs and strongly hold on to their beliefs, but they don't build, expand, or fuck with anyone who doesn't fuck with them first.

There are four categories of Fallen Empires: Keepers of Knowledge, who believe they are the guardians of technology and will try to prevent younger races from researching "dangerous" technology. Enigmatic Observers, who consider themselves galactic peacekeepers and hate everyone who makes heavy use of slavery or genocide. Holy Guardians, who are keepers of sacred sites/worlds and will fuck up anyone who touches those worlds. And Militant Isolationists, who just want to be left alone and will get mad if you settle too close to them.

Basically a powerful empire full of r9k in space.

Massive all powerful fleets, but all they do all day is shitpost. Will only wipe you if you make them REEEEE by triggering them.

There are four types:
1) Hates you for enslaving/purging other aliums
2) Will wipe you if you try to research dangerous tech
3) Get off my holy worlds reeeeeee
4) Get off my lawn reeeeeeeee

Defense platforms do shit all. I don't think stations are useful either.

No
>redpilled
>>>/reddit/

>Just gotta love the contradiction.
There is no contradiction. It's not possible in the vanilla game, but you can mod the game so it only uses female leaders.

>there are two options only
Just play around and see what you like to do

I've had more fun as multi culture blob since it's a challenge in some aspects due to different ethics.

Slaves never rebel so you can slave all non-main culture species and roll through everything without any downsides.

Defense platforms are nice if you have the FTL trap on them, especially against Hyperlight if you don't have that FTL method, since you'll slow them down massively and allow you to catch up, as well as create chokepoints for them.

Granted, against the retard AI this isn't really needed.

They are at most a small delay for enemy fleets.
The best endgame station with the best weapons has 4k military strength.

So what should I do to safely expand then?

Yeah only the highest tier are any good, and even those aren't that great.

The main use of them isn't fighting, it's using that FTL trap thing that makes it easier for you fleet to catch up with whoever's attacking you.

where do I dl stellaris?

www.store.steampowered.com/

You can mod in female portraits.

But their gender will be male, won't it?

If no, just how do I do it?

should i skip anomalies?

>it takes 3200 days to upgrade your fleet
What is this shit?

Also took some minor Xenos I integrated into my Empire and genetically changed them to be more docile.

desu

Build a space station on planets you colonize if you're in an AI only game and don't piss off Fallen Empires until you have a nice large and upgraded fleet.

I have offensive fleets and two defensive fleets of minimum 30k each and use wormhole tech and have been fine with one defensive station used in the early game against a hyperlight civ near me.

If you're earlier in the game, just keep a corvette fleet around to deal with potential threats and make space stations when you have the dosh.

My rebel problem apparently solved itself, the rebels just completely disappeared. Not sure if it's because I passed some random edicts (letting them vote? Not sure how that will affect me in the long run) or because I dumped a load of energy into their sector's economy.

Anyway, I've got a problem. My alliance just invaded a neighbour who was being aggressive and fucked him up, took 3 of his planets and cut his empire in half.

Now he only has 2 sectors left, but I can't work out how to declare war to finish him off because I can't promise anything to my 2 allies, and so one of them refuses to vote.

So I angered a Fallen Empire into steamrolling me. How do I surrender before nothing is left?

>There are four categories of Fallen Empires: Keepers of Knowledge, who believe they are the guardians of technology and will try to prevent younger races from researching "dangerous" technology. Enigmatic Observers, who consider themselves galactic peacekeepers and hate everyone who makes heavy use of slavery or genocide. Holy Guardians, who are keepers of sacred sites/worlds and will fuck up anyone who touches those worlds. And Militant Isolationists, who just want to be left alone and will get mad if you settle too close to them.

Dude, that sounds so sick

Can you get the fallen empires to fight each other somehow??

Is it possible to beat these fucking robots somehow??

No matter what I do or what the game says the ai always has stronger fleets

But it's not free

What do stored research credits do? Do they slowly tick down and trickle into your current research to speed it up?

Someone posted it a while ago. Something with the text files, but I don't remember exactly.

this look good lads? wanna know before i start

>when you figure out how to play a fallen empire
wew lad

what now?

>Can you get the fallen empires to fight each other somehow??
Nope, they're way too passive for that and they don't spawn close enough together for them to trigger eachother.

>Is it possible to beat these fucking robots somehow??
Yeah, but you need to be really fucking strong since they start with a gigantic fleet. For most of the game you'll be crushed instantly if you even try.

Is there any way to see the population of my species in other empires?
I made them accept migration access but dunno how many of my dudes are in their planet and I would like to check it out

You're gonna get raped by xenos anyway

fight other fallen empires dude,

Then ascend and nurture other fledgling species into fighting each other like a great galaxy-wide colliseum

>
Yeah, but you need to be really fucking strong since they start with a gigantic fleet. For most of the game you'll be crushed instantly if you even try.

Sounds like a really good goal, a lot of 4X gets boring when you start to steamroll

What about the end-game events, has anyone got one yet?

w-why?

I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that modding requires "something with the text files".

>what now?
Become bored because starting from a hugely OP position without any of the AI drawbacks of an actual Fallen Empire makes the game ridiculously easy.

How would a combine advisory race look like?

Fanatic militarist and xenophobe?

It definitely is with the text files. Problem is what.

I haven't played this game for two days now because I'm stuck trying to figure this out.

Don't think too much on your first run m8

Either bufftfuck the whole galaxy, or just put it on fastest, do nothing and see what happens after a few centuries.

>common/species_classes/00_species_classes.txt
use that to set a custom race, so others won't be female only.
>gfx/portraits/portraits/00_portraits.txt
In here you're adding two sets of things. You need to define what portraits are used and name them which is the first section of the default code. Then you need to path them, which examples are at the bottom of the text document. You can specify gendered and non-gendered portraits and specifically which are used for regnald, so if you want female only you need to be some sort of monarchy or have only females in the position of power that your gov type feeds from, so all admirals would need to be female for military junta, and so on.

I can post an example on pastebin later if needed.
Go to the thing to the left of empire tab, the picture of your flag and do demographics. It's not very robust though.

How do I get a better fleet than the enemy? They always seem to have amazing stacks

who /Imperium/ here?

haha EPIC BURN THE MUTANT PURGE THE UNLCEAN LOL I LOVE SPACE MARINE NAZIS IN SPACE XDDDD SO BADASS HAIL THE EMPEROR CHOAS SCUM XDDD!!!

fuck off /reddit/

Eh. While I did fuck up on my first run, and ended up re-starting, my second run is looking like it's going to turn out very well indeed. I probably wouldn't have fucked up the first time around if I'd ever played a Paradox game before, or if I used wormholes.

Literally everybody.

Rush 5 planets and 5 spaceports, you only need to actually upgrade one port

Where do i pirate

So at some point after the late game enemy appears, the "common threat" modifier push the AI into loving your dick and everybody joins a federation, sending you invitation non-stop until you accept. Oh well..

the pirates attack pretty early on i found

Literally everyone else with memes on the brain instead of an imagination.

that's effectively a tutorial on combat, it happens every new game at the same time.

Here's my portaits.txt
pastebin.com/E46JpuTF

and here's the species.classes:
pastebin.com/pxReH5xP

I've set up the custom race, and I've added an entry to a new portraits.txt in a mod configuration.

The portrait does show up ingame. But my second ruler form thereon is a normal humie.

Collectivist lets you genocide aliens while still being able to tell them to fuck off and die.
Xenophobe is just useless in comparison because Paradox is retarded and failed to properly balance any of the traits or policies.

This is good. This is perfect

Split the fleet up and upgrade them across multiple stations.

Well I'm having fun yelling in incoherent rage at the poor guys trying to make first contact with me

How soon after researching risky tech will I know if I have a crisis? I got the one for sentient AI to appear.

How do I destroy one of my space ports?

>go to /gsg/
>ctrl + f
>stellaris
>50 results
will they ever recover

Should I do it? Will Horse Senpai finally notice me?

Xenophobia allows for slavery of aliens while still allowing for a diverse range of government types.

ayo cutie is that circle around your ships a mod or a setting?

Why is German such a hilarious language?

Hey guys, I found some weird gas-beings on a planet. Should I help them?

pic related

operation space jew is complete

Jump Drive vs Psy Jump Drive ?

/gsg/ has turned from one of the best generals on the board into one of the worst a long time ago

The penalties are simply too harsh, meanwhile collectivism gives you nothing but benefits.

Mod that gives every alien hairstyles and faces when?

Sure, the rewards aren't super IIRC.

t. Devil's advocate

>he didnt make space nazis

damn, you guys are fucking up

PARADOX FAGS BTFO

STELLARIS WON

THIS THREAD IS MORE ACTIVE THAN THE HOI/EU/VICTORIA THE FATASS THREAD

WE BLEW THE FUCK OUT OF PARADOX FAGS

HAHA

how?

>set up war goals for alliance member
>will cede one of the planets to him while I get to vassalize the entire nation
>end up getting both for myself
nice game

>people actually playing pacifist shit

why not just lie in a corner of your room and wait for the day to be over

r8 my mushroom men
my first attempt at a game so far so im unsure whats good ro not
just thought a quasi religious-technocratic society with a penchant for slavery would be good.

basically I want them to be parasitic philosopher-sience kings like the Greeks
but mushrooms

::::FRIENDLY REMINDER::::

Click your government icon after you've researched advanced governments to upgrade your government type. Didn't realize it was a button until like 60 hours into the game.

of course a game that's less than a week old is gonna be more popular, the hype is gonna die down eventually.

>2 battleships in a spearhead
>1 at the front tip
>1 at the right tip
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just lost my whole fleet against an fleet with the same strength? why? no idea.
I really wish there would be some way to actually assess the strength of an opponent.

looks good senpai

Seriously though were do I pirate this shit game