Minecraft General - /mcg/

BEST BLOCK EDITION

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/enhanced-inventories
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/recall-stones
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/practical-logistics?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=240562
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/inventory-tools
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/storage-network
mediafire.com/download/aa5pabvdh5hh9l5/Noodlor's Chunk World.zip
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272367-1-7-3-charlotte-mod-v8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/mcg/ mod trawl when?

xth for internal of thing from need to add plants inside and under the altar next

Soon? Actually sounds like a really good idea

Maybe an /mcg/ version of Horizons? Featuring lesser known mods that need more exposure?

Some concepts need to be presented to give a new perspective.

>building huge containment facility
>tfw nothing dangerous or invasive to contain
Disappointment.

Someone built a taint box on trainserb and that was pretty cool to look at.

>Someone built a taint box on trainserb and that was pretty cool to look at.

When it wasn't killed off by something/someone, sure.

>Mod trawl
May I make three suggestions to check out?

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/enhanced-inventories In response to IronChests being in every goddamned pack, this adds the same functionality of ironchests, along with some more aesthetic options. Lockers/Cabinets don't link to each other and don't require the block above to be non-solid to be usable like chests. Chests can link to each other to give doublechest functionality (10 sides instead of 6) and storage. Also includes a RedPower Project Table and a Xycraft Crafter.

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/recall-stones Think of them like linking books, but more "balanced" in a way. They require ender pearls for fuel, and not all of them can be cross-dimensional. Not bad for servers as well, as you can link to players and let you teleport to other players directly.

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/practical-logistics?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=240562 The mod from the previous thread that prompted the concept; A cheap monitor solution, with other features. Not the prettiest mod, but for how much it costs it's completely excusable.

>/shill

>Enhanced Inventories
You can also customize the materials for each tier with a config and paint your chests with any block in-game. Also check Inventory Tools by its author, which is pretty much a companion mod for it that adds a toolbox with 18 slots for items that you can swap with a button and a better version of JABBA's dolly which doesn't slow you down and lets you move only the items of something if you so wish.

what is a good alternative to logistics pipes for 1.7.10?

While I love enhanced inventories for their insane storage capacity, it's always a pain to move them around since you can't use dollies.

That's why there's this mod by the same author.
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/inventory-tools

Is there some way to make glass panes NOT connect to fucking blocks placed right next to it? It makes that ugly as shit connection, ruining the look.

Project Red, perhaps? I'll keep digging, see if there's any viable options.

What mods can I use to make the world feel more "alive"? Like erosion, trees changing leaves, seasons etc.

Outside of Project Red and such, I did stumble upon this.

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/storage-network Haven't tried it out, but it appears to be a somewhat half-breed of AE and LogiPippes; Needing physical storage, but power to operate.

Enhanced Inventory Is GOAT (With sister mod Inventory tools)
II dropped Iron Chests for it, and JABBA for Storage drawers, while using Practical Logistics as my item storage and pick up system.
Though, personally Im looking for an AE like storage drive option, which is a single (or multi) block storage system that holds Tons and tons of various items. The only things ive found are Quantum Flux's Storaehouses, Storage Silo mod, EZStorage (dont know if it handles PractLog) and Ender Storage which I used my last set up.

>1.7.10

>Mod is 1.8
fug, didn't see that until just now. Guess it's Logipipes, ProjRed, or AE2 for now. PL does have a pretty backwoods system, but it's only for actual inventories instead of all the automation those three mods can do.

does project red have some way to remotely request items from a system? that's what i want most from logistics pipes, just seems like a waste to install buildcraft just for that 1 feature

It most certainly does, and it would appear to be a similar system to Logipipes. If anything there's just the basic system of an Interface pipe on the chest(s) that you store things in with broadcast chip in each, and a Request pipe that you click to request things out of. It's not as robust as Logipipes with their request tables for crafting, but it does seem to have some autocrafting tech to it.

Addenum, Practial Logistics does have a request-like system I've found. It may not be "pull things from here to this inventory" but can be used more like a big searchable chest.

Pictured: A very very simple proof of concept for such a system. Do note that this does not come with any autocrafting automation.

yeah, i see that you can request stuff, but i meant remotely

and by remotely i mean with an item in your hand
i was planing on setting it up with the inventory binder from gany's end
so i can request items directly into my inventory and even pump out certain items i collect into my storage

...Seems like a no. You can always use Ender Chests to keep a stock and to automatically dump out into the system, but that'd be messy to do remotely. Seems Logipipes might be the only option to do from a far remote terminal, since wireless AE might be too far.

I've spent the past several hours working on a part of my build that I'll likely never even look at and is completely inaccessible.

enchanced inventories is like the bastard child of iron chests and better storage

also, it looks like its textures aren't really made for vanilla

I'm trying to plan out an automated steel factory in technodefirmacraft
can somebody tell me why creosote oil is not being extracted from the coke oven?

Anyone here try to automate AMT brewing?

The dev's wiki suggests it may be possible since the barrel is implemented as a Forge fluid tank.

What texture pack is that?

>default

Really tho what is it?

terrafirmacraft default

Were Kekimurus nerfed with a cooldown? Made a Kekimurus reactor in Infinity, and they are just shooting off sparks and not doing anything else.

What kind of a spreader do you have them hooked up to?

Never mind, fixed the issue. Goddamn Botania's a pain to troubleshoot sometimes.

They are hooked up to Gaia mana spreaders, but the Kekimurus and spreaders didn't properly link the first time that I linked them together. Redoing all of the connections fixed it. This is an absolutely retarded amount of mana.

Yes it is. Hope you have a mana void somewhere.

minecraft crashes whenever i try to connect to someone. anyway, anyone know of a mod that would increase the build limit from 258 to double or more, and to have the amplified world setting generate things up to that height, or something that would achieve a similar effect?

not to bring up the shitty argument again, but after checking out hoboserb i gotta say GoG has some pretty hot bullshit. and this is with spawnrates and health nerfed a bit?

call me a pussy bitch but it makes it difficult to get established when i can't go outside for five minutes without some hellbeast coming to rip me a new asshole

SEE? im not the only one.

ur both fukin casuls

>casual
>in a game made mostly for building and not getting assraped

go chug some mountain dew while you fondle your dorito dust covered system playing CoD

just play creative mode you fucking nigger

I love Grimoire of Waifu but I find it unplayable without halving its spawn rates at the very least. There's just so much bullshit that can spawn during the day.

i like to work for my materials. gaia offers no fancy blocks or mechanics. just tiny lil drops that i gotta die to a million times to craft 1 iron ingot.

The pump has to be touching the oven, shift right click with the hammer to configure the opposite side

How much space in a base should you expect to take up for a complete Witchery setup?

Your entire argument is "I hate being killed in a videogame because I don't know how to strategize", you're literally a giant faggot that gets beat up by cocks and cats.

At least 32x32, maybe a little more just to be safe.]

as much space

According to taste,

to place your workspace

inside your base.

no, i said that minecraft is not a game about combat. there is indeed strategy, but in the form gathering resources and building safe structures. Darksouls has entire gameplay and mechanics in their combat made to tackle rude dudes.

minecraft is nothing but a clickspam-fest with enemy AI being an "oh so strategic" run up and touch you. even in the supposed "combat update", you gotta wait until your click is strong enough to hit.

vanilla skeletons are decimating in that version because of this. Grimoire's huge cast of damage sponges would remove any kind of playability in that version.

Difficulty =/= Quality you elitist tryhard. minecraft is not a combat game. its a game with combat IN IT, but that was never the focus. minecraft has no focus. its a game that's supposed to mold to everyone's preferred way to play.

in a game like this, challenge should be sought out, not forced apon you. that's why there is tech trees and dimensions like the nether and end, and the twilight forest and outer lands. to acclimate you to new environments.

get your head out of your ass

This desu, if I wanted challenging combat I'd play something like monster hunter.

>"I hate minecrafts combat, so instead of playing on peaceful mode im going to play in combat mode along with using a mod that very clearly states that you will get your shit pushed in"

oh yeah just play peaceful and be shit out of fucking luck when you need some fucking string or BONE or rotten flesh or gunpowder.

minecraft's combat IN THE EARLY GAME is ok. bombarding it with boss health level spawnies is retarded.

and also i cant do jack shit if a server owner gives in the the peer pressure of waifufags to put in a shit tier weeb mod thats only purpose is being retarded.

seriously, even if you give the mobs NORMAL health pools and spawn rates the concept still sounds autistic as fuck.

Not him but
>implying it isn't shoehorned into almost every serb listed in the pastebin
>implying there is no middle ground between peaceful and GoGs retardation
You can keep acting like a tryhard all you want but you should know that no-one is impressed

or blaze rods or ghast tears or wither skulls or GOD DAMN WITHER STARS

OH and lets not forget about enderpearls! mods that use alternative modes of transportation fucking LOOOOVE gargling huge heavy enderpearls in their mouths.

>"There are ZERO mods that let you get mob loot while in peaceful mode!"
Youre a retarded faggot that only likes to whine.

I've only ever had one problem with gog and that was back in 1.4.7 when I had no idea what I was getting into and got fucked by a werecat in a mineshaft while stuck in a cobweb. I've used the mod so long I don't bother crafting armor unless im going to the outer lands or the nether. Killing gog mobs is easy, it just takes time, its artificial difficulty.

Will be adding a few buildings to my chunk world soon!
mediafire.com/download/aa5pabvdh5hh9l5/Noodlor's Chunk World.zip

I just hate how thick they spawn, even at the lowest setting in the configs I got around 5 cockatrice/harpies per chunk in the desert. It's annoying to have to constantly fight shit every time you leave your base.

You know what they say, if you can't take the heat, get out of the desert.

Wild west themed

I just uninstalled it, it's not for me. It's unfortunate though, tougher mobs would be fun if they didn't seem hellbent on making it a constant struggle.

Spooky

when you eventually grow up you'l learn that everything in life is a constant struggle, and that getting killed by square tits is nothing to get your tighty whities in a bunch over.

How hard is it to use customNPC's?
I'm basically looking for a replacement of this mod from the old beta days
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1272367-1-7-3-charlotte-mod-v8

I'm looking a companion that follows you (with some wandering behavior) and can take care of themselves.

It's not that hard once you know what youre doing.

you know i never said i did not like a challenge, i much prefer a looming threat.

and obviously i know there are mods that add mob loot on peaceful mode.

but i dont want them. i still want to overcome enemies, risk for reward, kill bosses, have a sense of accomplishment.

running in to a fucking anubis FOR THE THIRD TIME when im just trying to get back to my EXTREMELY EARLY GAME tree house does not fill me with accomplishment. it will only make me fucking numb.

no satisfaction when it dies, no sense of accomplishment, just fucking wondering when another one of those fuckers will fucking show up, and if it will be accompanied by a FUCKING 100HP SPHINX WITH REGEN and how many harpies will be hopping towards you in your peripheral vision. bare in mind i DIDNT EVEN SMELT A SINGLE IRON INGOT YET

only FLINT SWORDS, AND FLINT TOOLS. and WOODEN ARMOR. leather armor dropped from vanilla mobs if im lucky.

grimoire is a NIGHTMARE for the early game.

i dont care HOW FAST you can kill them. not everyone is prepared for a cockatrice that can two shot you unarmored if you dont run away fast enough.

and even then the bastards poison you. these spawn CONSTANTLY. they are not once in a while like endermen,

if you walk enough for a bit, you will find 2 to 3 cockatrice running towards you. they are like fucking zelda chickens but you havent even gave them a FUCKING PUNCH to aggro them.

jesus christ at least make these kinds of mobs spawn in THE SUPER FUCKING EPICENTER of a god damn biome.

>projecting
When you grow up and deal with actual struggles beyond getting off your ass and microwaving a hotpocke,t you'll get enough of that in your day to day that you won't feel the need to shoehorn it into you relaxing block building game to feel superior to anonymous strangers on the Internet.

tl;dr
You suck at minecraft.

> to feel superior to anonymous strangers on the Internet.
But user, I AM superior to everyone else that frequents this general.

>tl;dr

>I AM superior to everyone else that frequents this general.

LittleMaidMob seems like a better option for you. They can do what you said and much more. You just have find one in the wild and hire her with a cake. There are also some addons that add more maid models, so they don't have to look like little girls.

Didn't he already admit it was for waifu bait? He's arguing difficulty to try and have a leg to stand on, but really he's just masturbating to being dominated by blocky tits.

That's why he became so aggressive so quickly. That's why he ran through 4chans greatest hits of insults, throwing unrelated shit like reddit into the mix.

>just realizing this

oh ok, i guess i do suck at minecraft.

lets see your post modern wooden box with grass carpeting made from real glass, user.

>Maids
Pro's: Can nearly instaheal with sugar if its in their inventory, are cute, tons of model and texture options, can use most types of mod weapons, sound cute, snowball fights

Con's: will die in walls if their teleport coordinates break, cant live in cold or hot biomes without them complaining, can sometimes crash the game if changing triggers, can be extremely stupid when in freedom mode, tracer mode breaks when they are thrown off their path too far

Here you go, step it up kouhai.

Have another.

That's why you halve their spawn in the config (because the default values are fucking retarded indeed) and avoid any biome other than forests, and preferably avoid exploring at night too.
GoG is kind of bullshit indeed, but I still love the mod despite its shortcomings. A much better and more balanced option for monster mods is Hostile Mobs and Girls, it has a fair bit of damage sponges but it doesn't feel as unfair as early game GoG.

And another.

>tfw having to choose between putting your infusion altar at the top of a cool looking mages tower and building it near your storage and machinery at y12

what bland basic outer walls.

i will give you the steeple, the garden and the small structures on the bottom right.

you also have good taste in pallete, but you lack depth.

i like the waterfall, and theres a lot more depth to the house's walls. but the wall's foundation can still use some detail, and the roof edges are make it's body rather flat.

ok i have a hard time believing all three of those were made by you.

I finally got into Minecraft, playing on Vita version, but got rid of the handheld and don't want to waste my time memorising all the recipes on PC version.

What's the best mod that integrates the recipes right into the interface? Or maybe there's a way to transfer UI, like from the Vita version, onto PC?

I'm desperate and will do any kinds of sexual favors for help.

Not Enough Items is probably what you want. You can look up the recipes for any item, along with said item's use in other recipes.

It's not gonna be the same as Vita tho

Of course they were, you gigantic faggot. I'm doing part two of the first one right now.

Not enough items will show any recipe for any item, including mods.

Start by installing 1.7.10/forge because most mods, then add this wonderful mod called NEI (Not Enough Items)

thanks - i will look into it.
I saw the link to the mod, but was put off by the name: sounded like something that generates any amount of resources on a whim

Heres a very very basic rundown of how to make a custom npc. If you want to know something else, let me know and i'll do a webm tutorial.
u.pomf.is/xcuvwk.webm

I remember you.

Cheers, installed NEI.

Looking for a possibility of a 1-click crafting (given that you have all the required resources)

Like, say, you have an icon in the recipes list of the item you want to craft, and you have all resources in your inventory. Can i just click on the icon to craft that item?

Easy Crafting Table.

When looking at the items recipe, shift click the question mark. You can also press R on any item in your inventory to bring up the recipe. Crafting table mk4 is also good for crafting quickly

>click the item
>It will show representation of its recipe with a question mark in the bottom right corner
>click it to make an outline of the recipe in the grid, shift click it to have place the items in the grid.
This doesn't work if you don't have all the items or it calls for something with durablity however.

Check out inventory tweaks too, that shit will blow your mind. might want to disable automatic refill though, it's a personal taste thing and I find it more annoying than helpful

that will do - cheers, m8s

thanks, will try it out as well

Hey /mcg/ here my work in progress castle garden, I heard you liked screenshots.

another angle

>quarried stone
>flowing water
>layered gardens
My fellow African American. Any more close shots of the garden?