/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #452 - Action Girl Ready for Action Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

First for cuties

This is disgustingly good.

Why are you not working for Sega/archie?

They do work for Archie you dumbass.

Oh.

Well shit.

I think I'm the only one who finds all three qts. Everyone seems all about tsundere the tiger.

It's s'cool.

>>classic sonic is younger Sonic
>That's still stupid as fuck, big flaw in Archie comics

Why blame Archie though?

Isn't this the same exact shit in the modern games canon?

>Isn't this the same exact shit in the modern games canon?
I think Iizuka said that they're the same age. Though that makes the entire story of Generations make 0 fucking sense whatsoever
Jian>Cinder>Bunker

Iizuka never said that.

I know one of the higher ups said it. Or am I imagining things

Here have more Suffer Sally

Bunker isn't bad though. More sweet than cute I guess. I'm just glad that she's not a generic turtle (like Tommy) and that they didn't give her hair.

Didn't say she was bad, I just don't find her as cute/appealing

I think you're imagining things.

I must be. I swear to god it was a thing though

>Isn't this the same exact shit in the modern games canon?

No, it's explicitly not in the games.

>Though that makes the entire story of Generations make 0 fucking sense whatsoever

Surprise, Generation's story doesn't make sense.

>It's 1:20 in the morning.
>It's hot as hell here.
>Ice cubes in my cup melted in less than a minute
>Fan blowing on me
>Caffeine keeping me up

Give me something to draw. I'm probably not the best Sonic artist but I need something to tire me out.

Draw either Jian, Bunker, or Cinder from

>No, it's explicitly not in the games.
Sonic Generations

Draw your favorite Sonic and your least favorite Sonic.

Same here user

Yes, Sonic Generations showed us that Classic Sonic is not a younger version of Modern Sonic.

Of course since Sonic Generations isn't really canon Archie didn't have to follow the lore it made, but it's still dumb.

Sounds like you're mad about nothing, then.

>Sonic Generations showed us that Classic Sonic is not a younger version of Modern Sonic

What? What about "Enjoy your future! It's gonna be great"? What about the entire game?

I am allowed to say when Archie is doing dumb shit. This is dumb shit.

Let me ask, what else would a younger Sonic look like?

Both Murata and Morikawa are top notch at conveying movement within still images so they would be good people to study.

SEGA did the perplexing move of implying Classic Sonic was younger Modern, but deliberately having it not be so. Understandably that made a lot of confusion.

It probably happened because the game's script was reworked several times, originally didn't have Classic Sonic at all, and was rushed out in the end. We got a good game, but a shit story that doesn't make sense if you look hard at it.

After the game SEGA decided to unambiguously go with Classic and Modern being 'separate', I also remember SEGA higher ups clarifying at a fan ask that Classic is the same age. And in all future promotional work and pr release it carefully made sure not to imply Classic was younger Modern.

Apparently they've stopped giving a shit what Archie does again.

Except you yourself just admitted that it doesn't matter since Generations isn't canon.

He would look like Modern Sonic but shorter.

But your logic Boom Sonic must be Older Modern, because he's taller and looks older.

Classic is just a different art style.

>Look up kungfu poses on google because can't think of a pose
>Reference once
>Try to Sonicfy it
>Realize noodle limbs looks awful
>Make them normal looking
>Looks like someones furry OC instead

Just kill me.

>He would look like Modern Sonic but shorter.
So basically Classic Sonic. If you squish or shorten Modern you get Classic.

>carefully made sure not to imply Classic was not* younger Modern.

>But your logic Boom Sonic must be Older Modern, because he's taller and looks older.
Nope. Nice assumption though retard.
Also just making a shorter Modern without changing anything makes it look lazy as fuck. Honestly the ideal way to go would be what Champions did and make it a mix of Classic and Modern

Except different eye color, skin color, body shape, quill style, etc, etc.

So you're saying you think Boom Sonic is Older Modern Sonic? When does Knuckles get buff?

And forgot pic

No. Just different eye color and all of his proportions being shortened.
But please continue to repeat this pathetic strawman to anyone who points out that you're a retard complaining about a non-issue.

>Nice assumption though retard.

No dumbass, I'm not saying that's what you literally believe, it's an analogy.

Because saying Boom Sonic is Older Modern is as retarded as saying Classic Sonic is Younger Modern.

>Generations was literally about a TIME DEMON
>They're different dimentional characters

I will never understand people who think Sega execs know anything about anything.

You do realize that these are the same people who disregarded Shadow's backstory and background references completely, and ignored that whole tenrec thing, right?

>all this complaining that the timelines don't make sense and the games don't make sense and muh classic is young sonic and whatnot
fuck's sake
do you guys read anything other than this comic
Scrooge McDuck has been some 90 years old for nearly a hundred years
Classic Sonic, in the games, is the same age as Modern Sonic. Classic Tails, same age as Modern Tails. Etc. The Sonic Channel ages are the characters' ages, and that's that. The ages are irrelevant and only serve to establish who's older than who.

Ian trying to merge that with a forced old-school-comic-SatAM-style "characters growing older" plot is the source of half the messes and I don't know why he did it other than sacrificing common sense for pandering to nostalgia. The reasonable thing to have done would've been for all the Freedom Fighters to have grown up, and met, and etc., and Sonic and Tails only in the end, in this infinite PRESENT DAY PRESENT TIME the comic's set in, meet them during Sonic 2.

>No dumbass, I'm not saying that's what you literally believe, it's an analogy.
And a retarded one at that, retard

>and ignored that whole tenrec thing
What tenrec thing? WHAT tenrec thing? The tenrec thing that fans insist on but was never EVER shown in any official manner? The tenrec thing that's the same thing as "Shadow was made because Gerald saw the mural from Sonic and Knuckles", IE, a common fan theory? Is that the tenrec thing you're accusing SEGA of ignoring?

>it's an analogy.
>Because saying Boom Sonic is Older Modern is as retarded as saying Classic Sonic is Younger Modern.
That's not an analogy and that's not even close to the same. It's safe to assume a young Modern Sonic would look an awful lot like Classic Sonic and looking at the difference between what Modern is currently and what he was during the Dreamcast Era gives this assumption just enough validity to shit all over you.

>do you guys read anything other than this comic
No because otherwise nobody would be calling it good

You sure are mad that I like Sonic canon, and don't like Archie not following Sonic canon.

Yeah that's better, not great, but better than this issue.

>A Sega Executive must spell out every little thing for it to be canon

I could only imagine the pain of living in your world, user.

Nah, Archie's following it fine. It does not acknowledge Classic Sonic at all. Young Sonic still has his green eyes. If you think he's Classic simply because of his smaller proportions due to being a kid then you're a retard but we already knew that. Take your unwarranted crying somewhere else, fag.

Oh so now it's "Executives can only hint at things!" instead of "Executives are dumbasses!". Fuck off. You made a headcanon and are mad that it's only a headcanon and not real. Please, do explain to me this oh-so-actually-intended-by-SEGA "tenrec thing and Shadow's origins" and how much it totally is canon.

>and what he was during the Dreamcast Era gives this assumption just enough validity to shit all over you.

Sonic 4 takes place immediately after Sonic CD (or Sonic 3 depends on some interpretations)

Sonic 4 has Modern Sonic, the following games in the timeline immediately return to Classic Sonic.

You are full of shit. It's an art style choice, not a literal "he's younger".

Ayyy

>You are full of shit. It's an art style choice, not a literal "he's younger".
Nice reading comprehension.

Sonic 4 was bad

No, user, the following games in the timeline immediately stay with Modern Sonic, because 1, 2, 3&K, and CD are the only canon Classic Sonic games.

Still canon tho

>Sonic 4 takes place immediately after Sonic CD (or Sonic 3 depends on some interpretations)
Not quite.
Sonic 4 is stated to be right after Sonic 3 and Knuckles. It's also stated to be after Sonic CD.
Sonic 3 and Knuckles is stated to be right after Sonic 2 (ok, a couple weeks after. Considering the Death Egg plot carries over, not seeing Sonic CD fitting there).
So the only reasonable succession of events is Sonic CD-Sonic 2-Sonic 3K-Sonic 4.

Otherwise you're arguing a good point, yeah. It's the same as Mega Man Zero, just an art style change.

I'm sorry you are terrible at arguing and can't get your obtuse point across.

Okay?

>I'm sorry you are terrible at arguing
>projecting
You have yet to explain how it is not reasonable to assume that a young Modern Sonic would look an awful lot like Classic Sonic. Stay fucked, retard.

That's only because you are also awful at reading.

Wouldn't a young modern Sonic be irrelevant though since classic Sonic's the same age as modern Sonic since it's just an art style change?

Sure thing, retard. Again, stay fucked.
It would be if a young Modern Sonic was not being used in the comics for flashbacks.

If Walter wore a hat he could have made Mobotoropolis great again.

which is a really stupid choice by Archie that fucks things up for no good reason

What is your favorite non-canon ship?

/Sthg/ and deletion

How so? If the difference between Classic and Modern is just visual style then there is no problem in showing a young Sonic in the one style that doesn't have a mandate attached. The error lies in Sega and the canon established by them. In a comic where continuity actually matters, all of the games cannot possibly happen within one year and still have any backstories with any of the characters or any passage of time after the fact.
Shadow and Amy. I'm surprised that it caught on so much here after I spammed it back during the ride some.

>all of the games cannot possibly happen within one year and still have any backstories with any of the characters or any passage of time after the fact
And yet everything from the reboot forwards, or Adventure forwards if we use the designs as the indicators, is happening on the same year nonetheless. The 10 years of writing Ian's done have happened in the same infinite year. Somehow that didn't cause the comic to collapse on itself (Penders did). If you have licensed a product but insist in going against the product you've been given the license to, the error doesn't lay with the product, man. If this were a Mario comic and Ian were insisting on doing flashbacks to when Mario wasn't dressed in the overalls and red hat and Nintendo kept insisting "but unless he's a baby or in a special occasion he kinda has to have the overalls and red hat", the error wouldn't be with Nintendo, would it?

And again, it'd be so easy to have the cake and eat it too. Non-Sega characters CAN age. Have them age. But the comic insists in wanting to rope the Sega characters in. That's what's fucking things up. All it'd be needed was for Sonic and Tails not having grown up with Sally etc. but met them in their "present" states.

I personally don't like Shadamy, but mainly due to the massive amounts of autism that Shadamy fanfics tend to have

That's because the date is never actually stated in the comic as it moves forward. It can be assumed that it continues in the same year but logically that is not the case.
>defending Sega fucking up
Nigga, Classic Sonic is the same age as Modern Sonic yet Classic Tails is 4 while Modern Tails is far older. It falls apart just looking at the game canon. The possibility is that they are separate dimensions/timelines and the Genesis games happen some time in the past in Modern's dimension.
>massive amounts of autism that Shadamy fanfics tend to have
That's the unfortunate part of this ship. And every ship really.

>yet Classic Tails is 4
fuck off, you're just proving to me you're either mixing continuities or popular fan theories with actual stated fact and getting mad when Sega doesn't follow it. If you want to bring up actual age differences, you want Amy and Knuckles, not the one fucking character who kept the same age.

Sonic Team only decided on final ages circa 2003. From then on we've always followed those ages. Art style differences or not.

Pretty sure Tails was 4 in the Sonic 2 manual unless I'm getting that confused with something else.

He's 4 in SatAM and AoSTH. Don't know if that comes from the Western manuals or anything, but those are irrelevant to the games and comic now anyways. Tails was always 8. Sonic changed from "~16" (or outright 16 in Jam) to 15. Knuckles from 15 to 16. Amy from 8 to 12. Don't think anyone else had their ages stated.

>And every ship really.

Yeah, its a shame too

But to be fair though, even the most retarded shadamy shippers aren't nearly as bad as some of the Tailsfags

Anywho, there are still age discrepancies that would require separate dimensions.

>calling his point obtuse

Not really, because, again, the modern ages override things. This ignoring the fact the ages are irrelevant overall except in order to say "X is older than Y"- the fact Vector is 20 (IIRC) isn't important, the fact he's the oldest character of the main cartoon animal cast is. Sonic being 16 or 15 is irrelevant, what matters is he's a teen right in the middle of his teenage years. Etc.

Oh hey, that's pretty smooth. I like the talon-shoes, I just noticed them. Do bird mobians have special feet types, or is that just equipment for hard landings?

And just like that, the exact ages in the flashbacks don't matter, just that they're younger.

Sally x Nicole.

My OTP will always be BunAnt though.

Hope Kintobor X Geoffrey St. John. Anybody can throw down a few sentences about a skunk taking a shock prod up the ass, but it takes real talent to spend 3000 words seducing a minor.

Is Sonic experiencing an earthquake in this pic?

This or Sonic/Blaze

Hey /sthg/,

If you had 100% creative control over the sonic property and you were allowed to reboot, how would you tell the story differently?

>both of those choices
user you are a man of fine taste and also my nigga.

What even is happening on that pic
I can't see what they are are saying
who even are they? Sonic or classic Sonic or his kid from MYXL and Tails or Ant or what

It's Ant and he's saying
"If Sonic is being king then his throne is my-"
probably lap

Sega needs to make a Sonic the hedgehog game with Sally in it.

I'd rather them utilise the other multitude of characters they've already got first but I'll be down.

How would she play anyway? Platformer/hack 'n slash ala Ratchet and Clank with her wrist blade things? Maybe some Nicole co-op too.

"Ratchet and Clank" is probably the best basis for a SatAM/Archie game in general.

God damn it
now I want R&C type game with Tails

>Bunnie gunplay with her arm cannon
>fully upgradeable and customisable for other gadgets like the slingshot
>Antoine can gain new skills and movesets with his sword
Great, I made myself excited over something that will never happen.

Which one of the ideas do you like the most

#3. Makes it seem like he has his Egg Bosses in the palm of his hand.

I'd say #3, too. But I'm happy with what we got, it still looks great.

Who is best human waifu