/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Degenerate ERP edition

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/gXs1p6YX

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5myQM8n9o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for ayy lmaos

I like this thread.

>Baka
>ERP

at least your little harem is entertaining instead of the usual shit flinging between muh pure Veeky Forums guilds

Seriously, what do people think.

She looks 50.

I tilted after that.

gross

Why did I earn 0 amity when I got all smiley faces?

Did the npc want you to do anything specific?

Smiley's are dictated by Interest level. Amity is dictated by that other percentile that I for the moment cannot recall.

>drop over 400,000 shekels just for 1 godamn PRI bares earring

Lesson learned; do not upgrade jewelry until after your armor and weapons

Looks like a fruity Helga, 3/10.

>Worth complaining about 400k shekels.
First day on the game?

you can get 400k in 20 minutes of grinding
that's pretty much nothing

Don't know what you're trying to do, but it looks good.

You need striking features that sets your character apart from the others. You probably want to just "look good", but the default template can be argued to look better than your average abomination.

Too many people who play with character creation lack basic facial anatomy and translate that into slider-fu to make a character that doesn't look like a close relative of the default template. They think all that's needed is a few replacements on the most noticeable parts, on top of a couple tweak over the minor features, but that's not it.

I don't know what you're trying to do. It would've helped if you explained that. Does the individual facial features you picked indicate some sort of personality or background? I don't know. Does the purple hair, err, I mean silver hair have some significance over another color choice? I don't know. I assume you're trying to be original and by transitive better than the clones, which you'd deny most likely -- it's probably another reason. I don't know who this character is, and I don't care because she looks good.

I don't know how much time you spent. 15 minutes? It takes at least half an hour if you know what you're doing on top of having a reference. While it takes a couple hours for those who are diving into it without both. Think about how much time you spent and ask yourself what you think. But if you want to look different, there's no shame in using others' works as reference.

Take something from a lot of sources, smartly, while keeping in mind what YOU want your character to look like. Character creation goes beyond appearance. Everything has some purpose or significance, that when combined with the rest, tells a wonderful story that you can be proud to say is yours. If you can't be bothered to do all that, don't worry, because

It looks good.

No but I am level 38

Grinding 400,000 silver is about an hour of my time, all of which could have been cut in half had I just bought the godamn earring off the marketplace instead of combining them like a retard

My mistake was associating the ease of combining lower tier jewelry and attempting it on the bares expecting the same results.

What the FUCK were you trying to say? Holy shit try to be cohesive goddammit.

t. different guy

Why are you enhancing/buying PRI jewelry at level 38

Just enhance your dobarts to +5 and basteers to +7 when you're around level 45-48 to get extra stones from the quests

>He doesn't fish while watching anime to make over 1m an hour.

>My mistake was associating the ease of combining lower tier jewelry and attempting it on the bares expecting the same results.
They are the same though

Thank you. I sort of get what you're saying, and it helped me. I think theres some shit I wanan change on her but I dont got money for some factal reconstruction. Thanks again.

So you're saying I got butt fucked out of my shekels by rng?

wanted reassurance that he's not a shitter. I told him his character looks good. Then I told him what I really think. It's hard to convey intentions through words alone but I wanted to reflect his lack of specificity behind my inclination to help. I didn't know what he's trying to do, and I didn't know how I could help.

I gave you the spoon, but you're going to have to feed yourself. Because that spoonful of shit tastes different for everybody.

You don't have to try and understand every posts. It was meant for which I'm sure would have no problem understanding that it was meant to induce a bit of confusion and cynicism. It's the cost of trying to help someone who doesn't know what they want.

Hello, yes?

>baka as an erp guild
who would've thought

You dont even want to know what I do to candles.

it's no fun if you're naked all the time

I've got a variety.

Don't you worry

DO NOT BREAK THE RULES
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN REPORTED

>NO WAIFU POSTING
>NO GUILD DRAMA
>NO ORIGINAL CONTENT
>NO CREATIVE OPs
>NO FUN

THESE ARE THE BDOG RULES

You're still forgetting
>SHITPOSTING ONLY

>bares earring
I throw those away

Get back to grinding bdog. (ERP also acceptable)

>Actually need to grind because i'm running out of money
fuck

what is the mlg way to not get 1 hit when fighting world bosses

i thought it was because i didn't have my shield up but then I did have my shield up and bheg still 1 hit me

play ranger or witch/wiz

It's git gud
No, but really, just dodge the attacks

I couldn't really tell when I was being attacked or not.

Like sometimes I would just randomly die and other times he would be facing away and make an angry gesture and I would randomly die.

What boss? What class?

bheg

valkyrie

>hebetabe tree throws rock while looking away from me
>the rock hits me
yeah?

He will usually randomly target rangeds with an instakill flail attack, try to figure out who has the aggro and don't thay on its path. He also has a 360 attack, which now has an animation, pay attention to that.
You can sidestep to dodge the rocks

For those who've played the Musa Awakening in KR... Does it feel satisfying? Does it feel like being a lancer-bro (from fsn)?

I want to switch from Warrior to Musa, but at this point the only thing making me stick to Warrior is the greatsword which is apparently awesome, and the dark souls armor with a cape.

youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5myQM8n9o

>That smile but those thighs.
Fuck

They can only laugh at our small swords for so long my fellow cash shop warrior

>quit for a while since other games ended up being more fun
>RNG screwed me over immensely despite putting in so many hours initially
>no kzarka weapon, no tree spirit belt, no ogre ring
>am a warrior so did it to myself probably
>rangers and sorcs get geared into absurdity
>log back in after not having played for a while
>realise I'm near the ogres
>go out and fight one
>a sorc fucking shit tries to gank me for stealing """""""""""his""""""""""" ogre
>ignore him and finish off the ogre
>get a soiled ogre ring
>v away
>open soiled ogre ring
>shattered necklace
>log out again

>guys im so unlucky
nobody gives a shit, fuck off.

Oh don't worry. People are fucking off. Enjoy your ded gaem.

>le ded gayme maymay xDD

Only the idiots left who didn't realize what kind of game this is before buying it. Youre retarded or just play in croxus/NA if you think it's dying.

>people fuck off from MY ogres
>can finally get MY ring
good

Just facts, bro. All the streamers are quitting. Plenty of youtube vids are being made by youtube personalities to voice their displeasure as well. Everyday there are fewer guilds.

The official forums are full of complaints and Daum is an awful company.

LEAVE OR DIE

Sure bro. Official forums are full of complaints in every fucking game holy shit you're retarded, just leave.

MY SPOT YOU LEAVE
MY SPOT NOW
DIE

this dude has a point. this is also the slowest moving general I've ever been in.

or maybe it just feels like it's dying because it's a glorified single player game with possible co-op functionality.

Server? I wanna touch your thighs.

we can't post anything though, this thread harbors shitposters that hate any kind of funposting

see

Waah waah just leave. The fact you're so defensive about the game only proves you realize that it's dying. Deep down. You don't want to admit it yet because you probably spent countless of hours grinding. You know it's true though.

I agree with the slow general but I can't see the game "dying", Jordine is really popular still and lots of GVGs happening and none of the great patches are even in yet and servers are SHIT, people are still playing.

>this is also the slowest moving general I've ever been in.
looks like you've never been in the killing floor general
posts are so slow there that threads can last for a week

I know I need to get accessories like witch mark, ogre ring, mark of shadow,

but what is the best way to get them?

I was told grinding them was horrible. Is grinding them what everyone does? Or do some people buy them ?

What stats should I have to be able to effectively grind them?

>xD man theses 20 guys are quitting the game must be dead!

buying them is the best way
farming them yourself can take hours
last time i farmed marks i only got 1 in 5 hours
just make money trough regular grinding/lifeskills and buy the cunts

change her back...

>streamers are quitting
if you are going to talk about pvtwiggles I am going to laugh

This is what gets me. People are still playing so there is a good game in there somewhere. Daum has pretty much did EVERYTHING wrong handling this game. Or well, not everything, they did manage to not make it P2W. Other than that, though? They cut costs where they shouldn't have, poor voice acting, poor translations, fucking lag after the servers have been up for 2 days (mobs not responding), piss poor balance due to them picking and choosing aspects of the KR client, stupid feature localization ( pvp at 45, karma changes blabla), expensive cash shop, hackers running rampant, bugs everywhere, poor customer service, and so on.

Despite ALL of that, people are still playing the game. Imagine how big this game could've been with a proper publisher. It's a damn shame.

I have no idea what's up with that poster. I just thought it was annoying and ignored it. 90% of most gens is waifu posting.

I have been playing since release and I have not spoken to a single person in the game. I have not needed to interact with anyone for any reason.
That being said, I see a decent number of people running around afk or hanging out in towns, it just doesn't seem like a *lot* i guess.

I've never played killing floor

are you learn to smile?

I didn't change her, I just wanted to see what she would look like if I gave her regular hair and eyes

Is it worth it to keep trying to breed level 10 T1 horses in hopes of getting a T3 female? Or should I level them to 30 for better chances of a higher tier?

ye

Thanks my brother.

Yesterday
>Grinding at helms
>Suddenly three sorcs in the area
>"Leave."
>In my head, could only hear words spoken by a Shai girl as if begging me to do it
>Fuck that. Keep grinding
>One minute later they start attacking me
>Health goes down to 150, but I survive.
>This happens about half a dozen times
>It's like a threesome, but the three sorcs couldn't 'finish me off'
>continue killing helms while they follow me from one group of another trying to kill me.
>20 minutes later
>a dozen "omfg" from the sorcs later
>pick up two more scarla and half a dozen black stones
>managed to run away after running out of potions
>whispered the sorc who told me to leave, "It wasn't fun for me. You ladies couldn't get me off, I had to run away and do it myself"
>sorc replied: "ur a warrior and we're not girls idiot"

Today
>Cooking shit in my house
>Go to the inn to buy more ingredients
>See two of the sorcs from yesterday RPing
>approach them and say hi
>they get super defensive, end up leaving
>other RPers snicker at me as if I got dumped

Yea I hate this game too sometimes.

Yo that hits my strike zone unlike her previous iteration, nice job. cute.

>sorc cunt tries to gank me
>i-frames all over the place
>warps everywhere
>manage to get a grab anyway
>he desyncs or teleports out of it without any repercussions
>meanwhile I can't move because the animation timer has to finish
>he gets massive back attacks in the meantime
>by successfully landing cc on a sorc, I am ccing myself
>k

cutest waifu in bdo

>ranger tries to gank me
>does like 10 damage per hit
>freezes all around
>half the shots miss me anyways
>whatever Im done with the daily anyways

whens server fix?

>by successfully landing cc on a sorc, I am ccing myself
>by successfully landing cc
>successfully

No.

is that jif? QT

I have been playing this game almost since it has came to NA.EU and I have a level 54 with decently leveled professions and okay gear.

Would it be a stupid idea if I were to completely start from fresh on a new account?

Depends. Why do you want to start fresh?

>NO WAIFU POSTING
>NO GUILD DRAMA
>NO ORIGINAL CONTENT
>NO CREATIVE OPs
>NO FUN

THESE ARE THE BDOG RULES

Yup, haven't seen them in forever though :/

I felt like I rushed through the game way too fast in the beginning trying to keep up with the gear curve and I've burnt myself out as a result. Recently I've been frustrated as I wasn't able to play the game for a while leading to me being behind compared to everyone in my guild in terms of gear. I wanted to make new account and play at my own pace this time.

I'm drinking alcohol for the first time!

Wish me luck!

That is pretty hot

Just go for it, to be honest. You're always going to be behind unless you no-life it constantly. Play at your own pace and try to enjoy what there is. There'll be plenty of catch-up features in the future if you do decide to go all out.

check out this butt!

>old man butt
ew

How do I make money while having fun? I am sick of grinding for money.

After 1500 Ogres and no ring I now bought one. Pretty disappointed in myself to be completely honest.

I was once 11 too

Life skills.
Training horses using a merchant wagon and then selling them. Of course you do some trade runs with it too.
Then there's fishing.
Also alchemy and cooking if you like hunting ingredients.

Please come back Jif