Overwach General

No Edition Edition

Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

/owg/ Discord
discord.gg/0voDNC4lp8N8ovNT

/owg/ players
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f4jgjADsR1q3vjxS4SvLBaqvvnAcr0Pxg4ggs6_wObw/edit?usp=drive_web&usp=sheets_home&ths=true

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DviyuGNeWc
strawpoll.me/10190906
youtube.com/watch?v=wDfPCxVMrY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how long ago was this picture take in the timeline?

Reminds me of Transistor

Red hero when?

best girl

I love the soundtrack to that game. So fucking good.

Couldn't be more than 10 years. Tracer is 29, so if it was more than 11 years ago then she would have been enlisted in the air-force under 18 years of age.

Also is it just me or does Reinhardt look like he's about to pound Genji's BP hard?

my fucking dick

>shitters thinking that mccree is balanced

best laugh of my life

but Jack looks so young, what happened to him?

I love the voice acting. Logan Cunningham was great in Bastion, but the VA for Royce was fucking great:

youtube.com/watch?v=0DviyuGNeWc

War.

Timeline in OW is all messed up.

What do you guys think about Doomfist?

BEST PLAY OF THE GAME COMING THROUGH

Sounds like a pretty cool guy

He 'died', I guess that's stressful? Look at how much Obama has aged in 8 years.

Where are you Australians buying your CD keys from?

He's a nigger and I don't care for that.

TRACER'S THIIIIGHSSSS
Also Mercy is a stick.

He's too OP. Nerf when?

Mercy happened to him.

Tracer's age is a bad standard to go by because of her spacetime shenanigans, right?

>In truth, Soldier: 76 was John Morrison. Thanks to his raids, Morrison was now equipped with an arsenal of cutting-edge technology. Here, he used it to wage his personal war to expose the truth behind Overwatch's collapse. To find those responsible, and bring them to justice.

Generic story for Generic: 76

The description is very vague.

Sounds like he never got headshot by a Tjorb before.

so he cant be more than like, 45-50 right?

She's wearing her harness in that image, therefore it was taken after her accident with the magic time jet, therefore she is older than 18 because she was flying the magic time jet on a mission for the British Air Force, therefore the image is AT MOST 11 years old, because she's currently 29.

That's the point

I thought she was 26?

she's 26

Wait, actually, I fucked up.

Lena is 26.

Therefore that picture is, at most, 8 years old.

76 has aged real fucking hard.

Who's the sniper girl on the right?
Widowmaker wasn't in the OW, right?

You think Blizzard deliberatly tried to make the most generic hero possible?

Metzen wouldn't do that :^)

In a cast of unique characters, the generic soldier is the most unique among them

it's Phara's mom

HEY ALL YOU PEOPLE

strawpoll.me/10190906

>Who's the sniper girl on the right?
pharah

No it's her mom

Pharah's mother, who is probably coming into the game as the masked support sniper they've been teasing

I've done the same thing, his gun is amazing.

>Three votes for Symmetra already

Wasn't 76 based on Metzen's comic book concept?

It's Mei.

cool
where i can find all the lore shit for this game?

is there any proof that its not Pharah? seems pretty unlikely that its her mother

What kind of metric should we using to judge which is the "worst"?

>people not voting for D.Va
she is without a doubt the worst character

its too vague a question

it could be worst as in least powerful
one we dislike the most
one that has the crappiest design

>"I don't like X"
???????
are you an idiot

Symmetra is fucking op jesus fucking christ you fucking scrubs

my theory:
when overwatch HQ was destroyed, Jack and Gabriel were both nearly killed. Angela used her experimental nano-tech to try to save them but she botched the procedure, aging Jack and turning Gabriel into a weird ghost thing

>As a child, Fareeha dreamed of following in her mother's footsteps and joining the global peacekeeping force, Overwatch. She enlisted in the Egyptian army, and her dogged persistence and tactical prowess caused her to rise up through the officer ranks. She was a courageous leader and earned the loyalty of all who served under her. With her exemplary record, Fareeha was well placed to join the ranks of Overwatch, but before she had that opportunity, Overwatch was disbanded.

Blizzard have literally stated somewhere that it's Pharah's mum, it's not a theory.

If you score direct hits as Pharah around Reaper he has a voiceline that comments about how Pharah "must have gotten her mother's aim" or something. Actually it might be 76. Or Mccree. One of those three says it, I didn't play much Pharah.

Jack dyes his hair and his face is like it is from injury.

>Somehow literally nobody recognizes him

phara was never a member of overwatch

I mean it could be lowest tier, hardest to deal with, or whatever else?

there's some in game dialog between Reinhardt and Pharah where he basicly says "i remember ya mum from overwatch"

plus from Pharahs story
>As a child, Fareeha dreamed of following in her mother's footsteps and joining the global peacekeeping force, Overwatch.

And if you read the rest it's clear that Pharah never joined Overwatch before it collapsed.

its a strawpoll
on Veeky Forums
who gives a shit about objective things
just vote for what you like the least

76 and Pharah have something like "Your mother would be proud of you" which Pharah responds with "You clearly didn't know my mother well enough"

>Somehow literally nobody recognizes him
In fairness he wears a mask

srs question: what are the odds of Tracer getting nerfed in the future? I don't want them to touch mai Trayfu

and his voice has a slight robotic sound to it, probably altered it somehow to hide himself more.

>bastion leading

shitters

>d.va second

pic related i guess

It's like half a mask that barely changes his voice

Just his mannerisms should be noted by his friends.

Unless nobody in Overwatch actually considered him a friend.

That's kind of sad.

They won't. Torbj and Mcree exist.

Only people that are getting a for sure nerf are Mcree, Widow and apparently Pharah for some reason. Bastion is going to get a rework at some point.

>In fairness he wears a mask

hes also a big guy.

Phara's 32, she must have been about 24 when this picture was taken. her mom must be over 40 in this picture

I voted Bastion because of his character, not his playstyle. BEEP BO BEEP gets boring.

LITERALLY how many of you were this when you first started playing.

youtube.com/watch?v=wDfPCxVMrY4

>Only people that are getting a for sure nerf are . . .

is there any net chatter on this or is it just speculation?

it gets boring because you have no heart and can't feel the emotion in his beeps

>pharah nerf

for what reason? if anything she needs a buff to her flight speed (not the left shift boost) and her ult

stop shilling your shitty video faggot

>It's like half a mask that barely changes his voice
It covers all his facial features, you only see his forehead.

>tfw no crusader character from future Vatican

>no spear made from golden light (like symetra shit)

>no "thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven" then a golden orbital lazer when ulting

>no quoting bible verses at characters you kill

>no "though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me" when killing reaper

>tfw no "deus vult"

why is christian mythology so ignored in video games

>haha, butts xD!

I'd tell you to stop shilling, but someone beat me to it already.

Stop shilling.

Mcree and Pharah were mentioned by Kaplan, Widow is a gut feeling, considering you can 2 shot anyone but tanks due to retarded RoF and how she is auto-include on every team from scrubs to pros. On top of her wallhack ult. Winston craps on her but a good widow can eliminate half his health before he lands and follow up with a rifle that does as much damage as 76.

I can't for the life of me find the Kaplan message that talks about mccree or Pharah though.

LOL, a corpse. Godamn bliz needs to fix this shit.

Because people from other religions will get their precious little feelings hurt.

All we know right now is that Blizzard have 2 unreleased heroes implemented in their internal alpha that they're planning on releasing post lauch. Tigole has been silent on balance thoughts since the closed beta finished.

I suspect he'll be slow to implement hero balancing based on data from the open beta, and for the first month or two of release, given that the majority of the playerbase will be awful at the game during that time.

There's already enough angel in this game for me, user.

>Mcree and Pharah were mentioned by Kaplan
Are you sure this wasn't a while ago, before the last round of closed beta balance? Pharah doesn't seem nerf tier at the moment, she's even falling off a little in competitive play

???

I literally just found it on the Facepunch forums and thought it was funny, relax anons.

Why do SFM videos always have jagged asses and tits? Is it really that hard to smooth it out more?

Or because it doesn't fit into OW at all you faggot child autists.

I went against a 5 sym 1 rein team on Temple of Anubis once. Literally 30 turrets and a damage soak tank made it impossible to do anything. Even if I switched to Winston and tried to aoe all the turrets the Syms would pop out of fucking nowhere and beam me down before I could leap out again before setting up the web of death.

so which one is the "if you know how to play this you just win every game" hero in this game?
they all have one

>I can't for the life of me find the Kaplan message that talks about mccree or Pharah though.
yeaaaa im pretty fucking sure you remember wrong theres no way pharah has nerfs coming now

she did get nerfed months ago maybe you remember that post

generic
if you want that crap just go play diablo

She's right there, you just posted her

Fairly sure, she hasn't been touched by balance changes since the first beta I thought, when she headshot.

>the poo in loo 'architect' fits
>the brazilian porch monkey DJ fits
>the sentinent bird loving robot fits
>the fat pudge wannabe fits
>an honorable crusader somehow wouldn't
fuck you

It's objective based so you can't carry a team

hows about an actual argument outside of ad hominem

Religion will be gone in the future because people will be enlightened to the sham it is :)

IM WATCHING ALL THE CINEMATICS AND NUOH MY GOD
ITS BEAUTIFUL
ITS LIKE A PIXAR FILM AND IM A KID AGAIN

HOW

WHAT

LITTLE WINSTON
FEELS AND STORY

there is no such hero if you solo queue because this game is way too team oriented

you can't have so big impact alone regardless of hero

fairly sure it was s76's helix rocket that was changed so that it can't headshot

the pharah nerf was simply reducing the damage of a direct hit. iirc it went from 140 dmg to 120

How about you suck my dick