/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 12th:
1364 - The Jangiellonian University is founded
1881 - Tunisia becomes a French Protectorate
1932 - Lindberg baby found
1965 - The Soviets crash into the moon
2014 - HR Giger Dies
2015 - Philadelphia crashes a train

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Nicholas II

Willy x Nicky

reminder Stellaris is not gsg

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

t. Memer

>1364 - The Jangiellonian University is founded

*Jagiellonian

He's mostly right though, if anything stellaris should be moved somewhat more to the left.

Your own chart proves you wrong lad

Who the fuck cares, they're just polaks.

What a load of crap. Stellaris is built from EUIV. There are many similarities between them. It is influenced by many Paradox's games actually, but EUIV being the main one.
It has also many features that are straight up taken from other 4X games.

How does it have to be built from ground up when no effort was made at all to make the game?

>stellaris

Yeah fuck you asshole.

Id put stellaris and distant memes closer to the center but distant memes would be a little above it and stellmemeus would be right on it

This triggers the autist

>4x games are inherently normie
>gs games are inherently hardcore

It's the future of the general get used to it

>no it isn't lol

Yes it is just look at what happened to sengoku and ck2

What happened to them?

This chart is better tbqh

Wilhelm decides to help ancient ally and ends the war quickly. Time to dismantle the Dutch.

>in 1.17 you get a cb just for being a rival
wew nice

Does anyone play EU: Rome here?

They aren't gsg's, they rae rpgs and have no business in this thread.

eu4 isn't gsg either, it's a baby game, has no buisness in gsg.

HoI isn't gsgs, it's wargame. has no business in gsg.

vic2 isn't gsgs, it's a liquor factory management sim, has no business in gsg.

I don't really recall if they did the same thing with ck2 but I remember autists sperging out about sengoku being an RPG instead of a GS and I think that's what he's referring to

distant world isn't gsg, it's a 4x with tiny gsg elements. it banned out of this tread too.

Put Dominions 4 on it.

not a gsg mate

That's strange. Didn't people say that what the Carolingians was grand strategy? Their whole rise to power i mean, as it was very well coordinated.
In CK2 i believe most people play with GS in mind and not roleplaying;

Sorry.

I believe their argument was that because you played a character instead of a nation it was an RPG.

Did someone say mare nostrum?

Similarity doesn't mean features. Does Stellaris have these?
>National Ideas
>Trade system, Trade route, Protect trade
>Espionage
>Religion, Papal curia, DotF, Tolerance, Conversion, Unity
>HRE system, Chinese system, Japanese shogunate system
>Sphere of Influence
>Shitload of other diplomacy options

EU4 has those from the start because EU3 (+All DLC) has them too.

That's a very aesthetic Trebizond

90% of those didn't fucking do anything until they got a specific DLC for it

Direct link for MEIOU & Taxes?

It was the same shit then with EU3 players and Vicky players afraid they'd lose the general to "ckbabbies" same shit today just replace ck2 and sengoku with stellaris. Eu3 was killed by its sequel which ironically nobody got autistic about and Vicky reigns supreme to this day. All that paranoia, spergouts and arguing over the OP for nothing.

>HRE System
Actually the Federation system in Stellaris
>Espionage
Implying there shouldn't be espionage in Stellaris? All their games have some manner of espionage, or is espionage in space impossible?
>Trade system
Why the fuck isn't there trade in space? Since HoI 2 (which is the oldest PDX game i've played) there was a trade system, but trade in space is impossible.
>Diplomatic system
It's just a flawed EUIV diplo system if you haven't noticed.
>Faction system
Taken from CK2 with influence from Vicky 2
>Strategic resources
Civ 5

But alas, everything will be fixed with DLC by adding the most obvious stuff.

Did they fix how Conclave update ruined Crusader Kings 2 yet?

Factions are more similar to Vicky's political parties than ck2 tbqh

That's what happens when you take all of their black sea holdings in 1600.

wew

Don't characters join in too? But if you say so, then it's the other way around.

Every new DLC for Stellaris is just going to push it way more to the side of 4X.
Like Paradox is going to make a dynamic trade mechanic that takes into account the developing empires and not just make something that is easy to put in there like trade from Civ5, or something abstract like MoO3's.

>Total War
>GS

Oh boy

More than stellaris desu.

Honestly I think each dlc will drive stellaris closer to GS like it did with eu4.

The only reason Johan even called it 4x was to steal shekels from galciv players

Or maybe he'll see that making a 4x gives them more money and everything will go downhill.

Or already went.

>total war more GS than stellaris
It's literally just declare war then blob and fight battles. It wasn't even till recent installments that internal politics became kinda complex

Attila is campaign map is decently complex.

Attila probably is the most complex total war game but everything else is just battles and blobbing

Time to gas all the pigs.

>everything else is just battles and blobbing
So just like CK2/EU4 but with battles?

The fat Jews in Britain think they can command superior Japanese Übermenschen.

>Our officials report the minorities they dealt with were the cultural minorities. They prepared the official numbers, but they don't remember what book they should get.

why is the text for exterminating minorities so obtusely written? What's wrong with 'Which minority would you like to exterminate?'

Would it offend the paradox babbies?

I'll ask the other general as well, but I think others would be interested to know: will the archive steward update it to include Stellaris DLC as it comes out? I might decide to opt for the "Buy the base game, pirate everything else" strategy I used other paradox titles. Does anyone have a project like that (involving uploading pirated DLC) going, or is has Paradox finally gotten wise to it and worked some jew magic to stop it?

Starting a stellaris run. What are Israel's ethos and government ?

Wrong thread m8s

Wrong general, lads.

You people are the exact same /v/ermin that made EU4 the most-posted game in this general months ago. The fact that you now think that you occupy some kind of high ground is laughable.

But yeah I'll ask the other general.

Good lad

yes, please leave

The vile Anglo creature doesn't even manage to win a single battle out of 50. Another display of the superiority of the Yamato Übermensch.

The empire has fallen

why am i modding this game in dumb ways already

send help

>Everybody on friend list playing pirated stellaris on day of release
>Next day everybody is playing V2 and EU4 again
What happened lads?

Bye bye darling :)

mid game-late is near non-existant

Fun early game, boring mid-late game.
DLC will surely fix it.

Has stellaris been expelled yet?

The Chinese monkey declares war and Imitates France after just one day. This won't do though, Japanese Großfengtian shall exist.

Why do Paradox fanboys get so butthurt?

Yes, notice how fast /stelg/ is compared to /gsg/ .
Fanboys gonna fanboy.
>Show reddit comments
Jesus Christ, when did youtube add that?

Bravo on killing the general.

> The reviewer isn't autistic enough to enjoy boredom and tediousness
How dare he?

Slower generals are better.
And I really don't want the stellaris /v/eddit crowd in muh /gsg/

Looks about right.
Hoping for the autism mods for HoI4 to push it right down there beside HoI3.

>implying they wont merge back with this thread once their general dies out
Kek look forward to it

The Japanese Übermensch once again proves to be the ultimate being on this planet. Hated and fought by everyone, the Yamato race still manages to be the first to raise the Imperial flag at the South Pole.

Most of them will go back to /v/ and reddit.

>tfw never get this event

Stunned by our great achievement, the wrong coloured slav nigger decides to sue for peace.

They have been shitting up /gsg/ threads for a while now, what makes you think they won't come back here considering the high levels of butthurt they have caused in the past few weeks?

Stellaris hype will die out eventually and they will switch to something more trendy, leaving liquor tycoons alone.

there wasn't even any stellaris hype until various steamgruppen took the "pls buy" shit seriously and stirred up butthurt

i hear he prefers it when games function too

How do I enslave primitives?

I found some stone-age primitives. Are they literally too dumb to enslave or does the planet need to be in my borders?

I appreciate your optimism but I think they will continue to shitpost here.

The Germans have seen the light and decided to destroy the American menace before it's too late.

proper french border

Annexed Japan via console cos they were being right pesky cunts and not surrendering. What should I do about these islands in the Pacific? Changeowner them to the decadent colonial capitalist nations?

Quick GSG give me some memes to taunt a Byzaboo with

>Annexed Japan via console
Truly the slav is a disgusting being that is unable to achieve greatness. Off with you vile creature.

LE BLOB XD XD XD

gas the slanty eyes

then define gsg asshole

>Taking the obvious and deliberately absurd bait