/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

When ? edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

NEW BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/15
youtube.com/watch?v=xdSzGoTc_ns
youtube.com/watch?v=gnGNojC8XrE
youtube.com/watch?v=KVt0BR5GuMs
youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
youtube.com/watch?v=pTbaWgLjN6s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpkrdMAyCmo
youtube.com/watch?v=w66nHR7GTF4

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/xQq8jLch
M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>Recommended new player's first mod:
DIPLOMACY vanilla or this one (adds upstab and more)
mediafire.com/download/7ex3306kg24jjd9/Diplomacy Modded.7z

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0
>Carribean! Blood and Gold (on Steam)
snowbirdgames.com/blog/?p=1632

Other urls found in this thread:

rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Another from MM in Lisbon

Here's the missing things I couldn't find the time to put in.
RPS Interview with Armagan : rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/
Bannerlord will be shown at E3 : taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord

and last one bcs i need to go with my real life.

Also Lisbon

4th for please end this shitty Cao Cao meme.

Thanks user.

This thread is now under Imperial control.

ok. now last one for the lulz.

Les Invalides again

>this armor
That's why I don't play as Imperial scum in PoP

Noice

there is nothing wrong with that armor

Any of you lads still play NW?
Tell us your favorite NW servers
>If it's anything but tropical paradise you're a cuck

>it's E3 time
>The ginger cunt and the swedish guy will be showing a demonstration of Sieges in Bannerlord
>As with the previous demonstration where they talked shortly about the Vlandians, they talk about the Sturgians this time
>''As you can see, here are some settlements named VLODORLOLOHOLORORLMOR and VLADIMIRPUTINHOLODOLOMOR''
>''They are the ancestors of the Nords''
mfw

annons modded VC guy, you here?

how do i replace your custom archer animations with the original ones? the custom ones makes the reticule get into position in a weird way

Page 10

>what is insanity

REMINDER

KHERGITS

ARE THE WORST SHIT EVER

EVEN V-EGIRS ARE BETTER

Despicable.
You could probably kill him with one kick

t. Dhirimer after getting his wife and daughter raped and all his goods raided

What do you mean? it's not insane at all.

My 100/100/100 Samurai armor does the same thing for me!!

>Despicable.

>Khergit trash
>managing to beat Swadians
>ever

Khergits are so fucking shit that you, the player, no matter how good you are, can literally never beat Swadian NPC armies with your army [without you being involved in the combat personally].

I dare you to beat Swadia, using Khergit units only, and with NO WEAPONS equipped on the player character.

Rhodoks, Nords, Swadians, Sarrandis - all their armies can do that, beat everyone else without ever hurting someone personally.

Khershits 100% can't.

V-girs maybe.

And no, auto-resolve cheating is not allowed.

>look at the wiki for a bit and see that a lot of cool armour and weapons don't even have a STR requirement
>decide to plan a min STR character who would use throwing axes and a shield
>15 minutes in I realise how shit native is and just get bored

>decide to plan a min STR character who would use throwing axes and a shield

What the fuck is wrong with you? Strength is literally the best attribute in the game after Intellect (which you only need for the few skills that your party members can't do for you).

Charisma is the worst of course, you just need 6 for 2 points in Prison Management.

>Intellect (which you only need for the few skills that your party members can't do for you).
>Charisma is the worst of course, you just need 6 for 2 points in Prison Management.

What's wrong with that, fucking stupid butterposter?

To begin with, what stats are you getting with int that your party members can't do for you?
The appeal of int is that you can get 14 in certain skills that your party members can only get to 10 on their own. Like surgery.

>folded cardboard armor

I used to go INT, but then I realized charisma is the master race of attributes

>To begin with, what stats are you getting with int that your party members can't do for you?

Inventory Management
Trainer (makes a huge difference between me having it and the losers in my party having it)
Persuasion, so I can persuade a girl to marry me sooner

You just need like 15 Int for that, and you can use the points you get on the way elsewhere too.

>inventory management
>persuasion
All right friend, play however you want to

what is the most important skill and why is it leadership?

dead
>11 posters

post your current party

Inv management has some importance but I've never seen a reason to ever take persuasion.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

What about that shitty dynasty warriors mod?

open both the VC actions.txt and native's actions.txt with notepad++
cntrl f ready_bow on both files
then just copy lines 366 to 369 over the VC ones
then save and close
>the custom ones makes the reticule get into position in a weird way
not sure what you mean, can you post a screeny or something? animations won't affect that either

>not sure what you mean, can you post a screeny or something? animations won't affect that either
Either I'm being super delusional or this might be a bug for me, but whenever I've played with these custom archer animations, the reticule kinda 'slows down' while becoming smaller halfway, and then proceeds to enter into its most accurate position after the slowing down, when using the regular animations, the reticule goes from big to small smoothly without interruption.

Yeah thanks I successfully changed back to old animations, and I can promise you that the reticule ''animation'' is different. In the original bow animation, the reticule is much smoother, with the custom bow animation, the reticule ''pauses'' halfway briefly, and then continues afterwards, which is annoying as shit because I'm used to the old reticule ''animation''.

>poles
;_;

Is it possible to give up fiefs in Viking Conquest? I have one town, two fortresses, and 4 villages, but three of the villages have -100 relation with me and they barely pay anything in tax, but bring up tax inefficiency which reduces profit from my more profitable fiefs. Is it possible to give up fiefs? I spoke with my faction leader and there's no option to do so.

i'm not really noticing a difference

what mod?

I see it rather clearly. During 00:03 in bow test 1, the reticule slows down very briefly. In bow test 2 that doesn't happen.

Prophesy of Peendor

Strength > Charisma > Agility (literally only need 4 unless... I have no idea what situation would need more than 4, not like you can ever find a Champion Charger) > Intellect (dump stat)

Leadership is not the most important skill at all.

>When was the last time you actually had fun in Warband?

For me it was about a year and a half ago, I just haven't been able to get back into to it knowing that something much better (Bannerlord) is round the corner.

Actually it's more like during 00:02. And in fact it seems like it slows down one more time before entering ''full accuracy'' stage.

>that grass draw distance
disgusting. is there any way to increase it?

>the sheer amount of fucking villages in OP
holy fuck imagine the butter

Actually higher agility is good, but only for horse archery and going fast, riding 10 increases your horse speed, mobility and acceleration, but that isn't really necessary.

>he hasn't played Sword of Damocles: Warlords

it's probably the time
they both have the same amount of frames but the animation duration is much longer on the new one (170~) than the old one (30~)

Well there is 2 more factions so of course there are more villages.
I wonder what the "villages per faction" ratio is in warband

there's also more towns in general
every faction had 3 or 4 towns in warband at the start
now it's at least 5
Unless you're Battanian :^)

help please

i was firing a shotgun at big flesh golems in a mod last night, it was mildly entertaining

do quests for the village elder to become friends with village :3

LONG MAY HE REIGN

Yeah but tax inefficiency stays due to number of feifs, currently losing 3k a week due to tax inefficiency.

does 10 DAYS still apply or has the warsword release been postponed again?

just 2 more weeks!

>Carribean

Really?

>141910475
Yes.

Daily reminder that Bannerlord is not a prequel, it's a reboot.

>With Fire and Sword
>Napoopan Wars
>Viking Conquest

What do you mean ?

>reboot
>a series that is still getting installments
pick one

Only an american can be this retarded

Battle strategies for VC? So far it seems stacking infantry and shieldwalling is the best thing to do, since archers and cav suck.

How are skirmishers? How do you place them?

elaborate

Archers are for flanking infantry, skirmishers are for flanking archers, cavalry is for killing skirmishers.

No, if you ever want to improve, you'll have to think for yourself.

>You're wrong!
>I won't tell you how, but you are!

Oh that's what you meant.
I don't think we'll see anymore "games" with warband engine since BL's one is coming soon™. Plus they're not really installements.
Bannerlord is more of a prequel with some things retconned from warband more than a reboot.

>Bannerlord is more of a prequel with some things retconned from warband more than a reboot.
No it literally is a reboot story wise, prequels are made to show 'what used to be', not to retcon virtually every aspect of the established story.

>not to retcon virtually every aspect of the established story.
Not him, but what exactly was retconned, besides the map?

how do I edit my armour settings?

Well, everything. There's the sturgians that have aspects of both the nords and the vaegirs, rather than only one of them which means different ancestors for nords and vaegirs being established in warband is retconned, the battannians exist, the empires capital in warband was said to be Suno, but in Bannerlord that's vlandian territory, and as you said the map which is the most important thing is completely different, which invalidates most of the history told in Warband.

Except not a lot of things were reconned so far. The factions that we see in Warband look like natural successors/splits from the ones in Bannerlord.
Aside from the ice wall (?) in the north and more mountains the map didn't change that much and is just expanded.
concerning Suno being the capital, the vlandians are supposed to be invaders so its entirely possible it was the imperial capital at one point.
Our problem is that the vaegirs are supposed to come from behind the mountains and the nords from the see up north

>page 9

Back in after year. I'm caught up on bonerlord news but what about warband? Specifically, what is the fotm mod and has Warsword updated yet?

>fotm
Checked for being an old timer.
Warsword hasn't updated since August, with no small amount of drama and delays since then.
Right now a lot of people seem to be playing Gekonewer.
PoP recieved an update in January and apparently is playable now.
Swedish Mayo (Indochina setting in 16th) is apparently being updated regularly.
Otherwise a lot of people are just waiting for Bannerlord.

Damn. So are we finally ded, after all these years? Hopefully bannerlord at E3 will sustain us until the inevitable early access where we can resume the usual shitflinging

>Hopefully bannerlord at E3 will sustain us until the inevitable early access
I say we should'nt hope for some serious things before september 2016. Full game release around february march 2017 imo.
>So are we finally ded, after all these years?
I keep watch.
But yeah we're mostly dead.

Oh Boy!

>currently at peace after months of non-stop war with every faction but friendly sweden
>have mostly top tier reiters that function as both super heavy infantry and cav
>no subjects at all and only 2 companions right now
>44 honor, 700 renown, lvl 24
>thinking of taking thorn but sweden is at 40 relations with me
what should I do?

mod?

Slutsk is the only proper choice

kinda far away and vulnerable
wfas enhanced

>vulnerable
She's keeping herself vulnerable to entice you lad, she wants you inside

>finally manage to make some progress and get a town for myself
>take back Poinsbruk from those shitty green viking assholes who take towns with seemingly zero intention of keeping them
>war ends after I'm awarded the town
>start trying to garrison it in a rush
>while I'm gathering troops for the town we get sacked by a fucking Mystmountain army
>keep trying to man the town
>also at war with the Sarleons, 2000 of them roll up to siege my town, only have like 200 troops between the garrison and my army
>just as the battle starts the entire Ravenstern army arrives and we manage to keep successfully defend it
>mop up remaining enemy lords, start trying to garrison again
>as I'm doing it Wolfbode the Slayer rolls up to siege my shit for no reason
>lose half my troops before he fucks off again also for no reason
>start trying to build up my garrison again
>the Sarleons fucking come back with another 2000 men along with that Syla Uzas asshole who has 1200+ troops just by himself
>scrambling to try and find some friendly lords to help, they're nowhere in sight
>the war randomly ends before the siege battle begins

I made a mistake taking this fucking town

I vote this the most over acted character in PoP

>wfas enhanced
ah, so that's why the map is not looking completely retarded. Is it any good in other regards?

Use morgh's tools