/rsg/ - RuneScape General

Dead as fuck general edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,766,65779975

>Latest Patch Notes
youtube.com/watch?v=E15NAd1QKdk
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,816,65789499/forums.ws?15,16,953,65787111

>Latest BTS
youtube.com/watch?v=yd_tMcc1nsk

>Money Making Guide
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Mmg

>Gear Guide
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/gear_guide

Other urls found in this thread:

serverfault.com/questions/263694/why-is-enterprise-storage-so-expensive
discord.me/rsgraids
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for ded general

>tfw we'll never get a cosmetic free world

Is there something wrong with me?

I used to cringe when seeing shit like this,but now i just dont care

It's stupid but easily ignored.

The real cringe inducing ones are when the guy has a chaotic rapier and an oh drygore, dhide armor, subjugation helm, glory, ring of life, and no gloves/boots

how to make money with t90 range weaponry that is:

>solo
>not named qbd
>not named araxxor

Slayer, prioritizing gp tasks

can't do slayer, i'm already 99

Nihils

Are you for real?

If your goal is gp, xp shouldn't matter.

yes?

why would I lie about my slayer level

Why does having it 99 stop you from training it?

because I can't gain any more levels and thus it would be inefficient

because most skills stop at 99. no matter how much you try to justify your autism, don't try and force it on others.

You're doing it so you can use the slayer helm to kill shit faster for money, not for xp.

he literally mentioned training it.

But you get money from training it..

No?

The original post suggesting it just says "slayer" The reason for suggesting slayer and not just a monster is because a lot of monsters only drop their good items on task, plus the slayer helm bonus makes killing even mediocre monsters great because of the faster kills

Don't sit on furry homeworlds then. Most worlds just have standard ed8r hide all except cape and t90 weps

Is it possible to detach my email from my runescape account?

I have runescape account registered that I made ages ago to check the game out but I gave it some random shitty name and horrible looking character, so I would like to create a new account with my email.

Is there no way to remove an account from my email so I can make a new one or will I just have to make a new email?

>not playing during the era when your username was your login

hellooooooo reddit

what's it like being an 2010+ babby?

Not him but I have an account where I use my username as my login and a new account that I use more that has an email login

Where do I stand?

I do have some accounts from way back then yeah but fuck if I remember what their names or passwords were. Though I guess my best option is to just make a new email because I found no help on google or from runescapes site, wonderful.

What's the best way to learn raids?

Pray you have a good clan.

Theres that learn to pvm fc as well

>Theres that learn to pvm fc as well
I swear a new PVM learning FC pops up every fucking week.

Theres one thats actually good, I can't remember which, good luck finding it

>/r/runescape trying to argue runemetrics pro costs jagex next to nothing because shitty HDDs off amazon are cheap

ded, like guthix and badnose

>"As Zamorak taught me of betrayal, Azzanadra has taught me of loyalty."

post link/highlights

Can't be bothered to figure out that site's horrendous format

that entire post just screams "I have no idea what I'm talking about but I spent 5 minutes googling and now I'm an expert"

How shit can my combat stats be and pull off welfare kills on QBD?

I'm a newer fuck that doesn't have high skills, but I want to try and stockpile some d bones + make a small amount of money. I have 88 Herb, but only 70 Prayer.

>r/runescape.txt

as long as you have super antifires you can kill her with pretty much anything

They're even downvoting their big personalities like ImRubic they're so angry at being charged for a premium service

rich get richer s̕mh :/

Yea. They should permaban the rich players :/

Agreed

Ban the merchants.

10% GE tax when?

it'd just make the poor even more poor. and if it scaled to current wealth then everyone would just mule.

>it'd just make the poor even more poor.
barely

and it would make the rich less rich?
no, not really at all. so whats the point

BAN THE JEWS

Gold sink is always good

It's not about making the rich less rich, that'll never happen either

it's about putting an end to the pervasive hebrew culture of the GE and killing merching clans

What's wrong with his post

It's on reddit

Post best runegamers

Enterprise server storage is more like $5-15 per GB.

His 4 bytes figure is way off

his $200/month estimate is way off

Also I took a peek at his account and he's blatantly biased against Jagex for some reason, yet he still shells out money to them each month

altona

i bet hes a bernie supporter too lol amirite :-P

me

Jebrim III

not that I'm defending him, but both you and him are just stating things without backing them up, so for all I know you could be full of shit too. Sauce for your claims?
although it is leddit, so he's probably wrong with 99% certainty

>his $200/month estimate is way off
He also used the price of the cheapest consumer HDD he could find on Amazon as something you could stick on a data processing server

serverfault.com/questions/263694/why-is-enterprise-storage-so-expensive

The simple fact he's pulling up a fucking consumer HDD as what Jagex should be using shows he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

A friend

We could still use 1 or 2 more people at least for raids.

We go consistently every other day at 6 server time. Discord for those wanting to start

discord.me/rsgraids

This shit is getting annoying.

Was that Schumi on ice poseidon streaming RS3 yesterday?

who?

Can I do it with t85 and super pots?

what?

>super pots
no

I have my Terrorbird tho

found a div pure

and people wonder why energies are crashing lel

people made incandescent alts almost immediately after the first invention fix

this one is a bot at dragontooth island
he's randomly clicking evergreen trees and drops the logs after

So apparently using AutoHotKey isn't safe...

I use this program everyday at work. It's how I got the idea in the first place. I didn't wanna bot but hey, I got a wife and kid these days. Just wanna get a few alchs in and maybe pick up some bonds in a week or two when my cycle was over. Plus in my more recent years I've grown to tinkering... it was fun to make a program do these menial tasks.

I'm not mad, it's a 24 hour ban. And yeah, while most seemed to consider it a grey area it's still cheating. It's my first offense and likely the only one to come.

Did my script just suck or is their detection really that good? Because I've got other scripts I made that really wouldn't benefit me like my alching one. Just handy-dandy little things like auto-chat and stuff.

AHK was never safe, don't know where people got this idea.

jamflex has a dedicated automated antibotting thing they (may) constantly update, which also randomizes the time between detection of offense and ban.

why do you think player count is so low?
it wasn't really the eoc.

>So apparently using AutoHotKey isn't safe...
No shit sherlock

Jmods have been saying this for months. Use at your own risk, 1:1 is a myth

Something about a 1:1 input. Don't really know the exact description but it's 'safe' to some people.

I know they have their fancy system, and likely update it frequently, but I used this script a few months back without any issues and didn't have a problem with it until last night after I made some changes to it. Mainly to log me out as soon as it finishes.

It is safe, so long as you use it in a 1:1 configuration. It's a grey area because you can use AHK to do much more than just 1:1, which is why they never explicitly say it's ok to use.

I've used it for a long time, on 1:1 and never had a problem

>which also randomizes the time between detection of offense and ban.
it may have known from the start
also it may not ban you for really light botting or something.

Like the user said above, 1:1 never existed, it's just a history that someone came up with. Jmods often say that themselves at leldit.

If with a button press you click and move the cursor to another place, it's not 1:1 anymore.

1:1 is a meme

Jagex has said a number of times that 1:1 was never a metric they used to ban/not ban accounts.

If you use AHK in any capacity you're potentially putting your account at risk

When I wrote my script I didn't exactly go detective mode but I found no real evidence they disallowed it specifically. But yeah, automation is automation. I'm not surprised I got caught and punished.

Again, I hear about 1:1 but AHK isn't something I know through and through. I doubt my script has anything of such a feature.

1:1 isn't a thing

wait,
>12 may 2016
>12 may 2017
>24 hour ban
nigga w0t

>12-May-2016
>12-May-2017
You have been banned for a year, dude.

When I tried to log in it said it would expire in 24 hours. Maybe that's when the offense will be removed from my record or something.

Probably about to check that...

No heart attacks today, my friends

you should be more careful next time. botwatch uses a 3 strike system, i'd assume the 1st strike goes away in a year.

"Offence Expiry" just means that's when the blackmark will be removed from his account

Eh, I doubt I'll be toying with my scripts on my main account at the very least.

I'm curious as to what would genuinely classify as a ban worthy offense for this program, besides my alching obviously, I can understand that.

I've got all kinds of shortcut ideas that would benefit me in a sense besides monetary.

rsn?

>gets ban for AHK
>still plans to use it
I hope you get permabanned

I see no real benefit outing myself as a known botter no matter how minor it may be.

Didn't say I was going to keep using it.

>I've got all kinds of shortcut ideas that would benefit me in a sense besides monetary.
well

Maybe I should specify skilling/money making.

I play legacy mode and that's my choice as a long time player but that doesn't mean it doesn't come with it's downsides.

ok then, but good luck getting any money by skilling.

Yeah true, back to the drawing board I guess.

honestly, at least learn revolution. just a suggestion.