>White Portraits and Names
mega.nz/#!vVgkkQQa!DN9XpmLKWzdBmLL0aOSYfGuesda1m0u8gsfVvC0FsUM

>40k Cosmetics mod
mega.nz/#!MBoGlSZS!7qcIrk-7Vv1TpLmEXZ-2os-B4_5QwTzWXhiZuOvH4j4

>DLC Folder (spiders and VOID)
mega.nz/#!pdQxQIob!buPr0t5PEDYD1den2PvlPVXl41UvEwcXHoJZDOQcbfY

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/sectors-are-not-fun.929330/
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/sector-system-is-wet-blanket.928432
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/psa-you-still-need-to-micromanage-slaves-in-sectors.929528/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682458406&searchtext=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Sectors need to have better management settings
1. I should be able to have a sector-wide construction order for ships that have a rally point at the capital or some shit.
2. If I ask a sector to focus on research, I should have the fucking ability to choose what kind of research, Society, Engineering, Physics, or Balanced so that I don't get spammed with only engineering facilities.
3. Sectors should have an autonomy rating ala CK2 style. I should have the ability to have my sectors act as little more than provinces with a governor OR if I'm playing a less iron-fisted Empire, I should be able to let them act almost as autonomous polities within my Empire. There are advantages and disadvantages to each. For example on the two extremes, within an iron-fisted Empire the AI can build improvements but you can control absolutely everything, however development is slower and you need to micromanage more, whereas in a virtually autonomous sector there's much less micromanaging and more territory gets added to your empire + they can build their own mining stations and establish colonies, but you risk that sector's governor becoming too strong and eventually declaring independence or trying to overthrow you (perhaps even with the help of some opportunistic aliens), especially if they've been autonomous for a long time
4. Sector-wide edicts. I should be able to use something like 'Land of Opportunity' on a sector-wide basis, or infrastructure projects etc. Not with as large bonuses, but still.
5. For the military setting, I should be able to focus on offensive vs. defensive. For defensive the AI builds forts and stations along the perimeter and the planets, for offensive the AI focuses on space station development + shipyards, and of course a few settings for mix of both. Could just toggle certain things on and off like 'Defend the Perimeter', 'Defend Sector Planets', 'Develop Shipbuilding Capabilities' etc.

cont

Is it possible to change your empire ethics, without cheating?

Does ticking war score not exist? i declared war for the last piece of a rival empire and it seems like im going to have to cross the galaxy to fight the federation that the Rival empire was supposedly in. WIsh we had fucking map modes

>2016
>2d Space based 4X games

Just...

fucking kill me now guys, this is cancerous

6. Sectors need to have a max size + penalties for having no governor. At the moment there are practically no drawbacks to just having one massive sector outside your homeworlds, assuming you don't give a shit what the AI priorities are. They'll fuck everything up no matter what you pick
Basically, just need way more interaction with sectors in general. I have no fucking idea why Paradox didn't do this seeing as how they're such a huge part of the game. For larger empires, literally 95%+ of your empire is in sectors.

>Mass action/automation
1. This game seriously fucking needs rally points and mass production. How it does not have these things is beyond me. I'm not clicking on 100 individual space stations to rebuild my fucking fleet. There should be an empire-wide shipbuilding option queue that automatically produces once you have the minerals and that can be paused + FUCKING RALLY POINTS.
2. Science ships need to have an automatic survey and explore capability.
3. Construction ships need to have an automatic construct mining/research/terraforming stations capability (terraforming settings should be set on a tab, e.g. 'build a terraforming station on the following world types:'
4. As an ease of use thing, when I embark an army from a planet it should automatically select that transport fleet. I should have to click on the transport fleet again.

cont

Hello there /stelg/

I want to have this portrait as the only selectable ruler for my empire. The rest should be humans.

I've failed to eliminate male rulers, or I don't know how to eliminate them. So I'll have to accept that 50% of the time, the ruler is a futa.

The modding tools aren't that well documented, and I've gone by example.

Anyone have some pointers?

It it was a good game at least I'd understand

How important is happiness?
I just got the tree of life again but my leaders already have +130 years lifespan.

you should've picked narrower war goals, like them ceding 3 planets instead of vassalisation (which requires you to hunt down most of the federation)

No, they won't patch that in
Paradox doesn't like a lot of resources because they want shit as simple as possible

I know right?

This is absolute dogshit, I'd like build 3D space empires, not 2Dbabbyshit

Happiness affects surface tile production

Be careful where you tip that thing

>Combat
1. Please introduce a few modifications to space stations to specialize them for upgrading fleets. At the moment I have to wait almost TEN FUCKING YEARS for my fleet to get upgraded.
2. Planetary fortifications are fucking useless. You should be able to build military fortifications on planets that bombard orbiting fleets and that actually do damage. Right now 100% of the time if a fleet is bombarding a planet, the planet is fucked. The fortifications do nothing at the moment. And give me the option to fucking glass a planet please, like 'This mode kills kills one random pop every month and destroys one building. Once all pops are dead, 50% of the planet is turned into a wasteland terrain obstacle [to prevent a planet from becoming 100% wasteland and therefore uncolonizable]. If your fleet takes more than 16 months to reach a medium-sized planet, then the population DESERVES to die.

3. Give me a raiding option. At the moment there are no aggressive options outside of war. I want to be able to come into an empire's territory with slave ships, steal some of their pops and dump them as slaves onto a shitty planet to mine minerals for me. I want to be able to make ships into privateers that harass another empire's fringe outposts, destroying their mining centers and looting minerals. Make static defenses an actual fucking useful thing under their own auspices by making the above difficult to accomplish by having them be present.
4. Make NPC mini-civs that are hostile to everyone, esp. if the above is introduced. I want to come into a system and already find the space equivalent of Tortuga there, with a retro-fitted old battleship and a bunch of corvettes swarming around and looting planets, taking their minerals and enslaving their people. I want to come into a nebula and find some insane Cthulhu cult that tries to kill me and harvest my eyes or some shit.
5. I want repair ships.

cont

Do I need to keep my frontier outposts or can I delete them to build new ones once I've claimed all the resources nearby?

>not including Sector issue in OP
>not including Paradox admitting a major mechanic of the game is broken
>not including Paradox suggesting you mod it out yourself until they can come up with a solution dlc

Go to [directory]\Steam\steamapps\common\Stellaris\common\defines

Open defines.lua

Find line with this code:
CORE_SECTOR_PLANET_CAP

Change its default value (5) to 900 or something.

>Change planet cap to 5000
>Change FO maintenance to 0 influence
>Game crashes
>Other Paradox games didn't crash even though I edited defines file in the same type of manner

How does one go around this? Just make my own mod with a custom defines file instead of editing the main one?

anyone have a download link for the patches?

I keep on finding monoliths, having the option to photograph them for a few hundred engineering research, or make recreations of them.

I always take the first one because this shit sounds spooky as fuck and I don't want half of my colonies to suddenly turn brainwashed or something like that, but then again with these choices, there's normally a better reward in the long run when you don't take the immediate research gain.

Anyone have a clue what happens?

3d space adds nothing to the game that 2d cant represent 99.999999% effectively

>Do you anons think Paradox will patch/DLC this in?
Doubt it, this game is for more casual players.
it's not going to be vicky in space.

6. ESPIONAGE, PLEASE. Sabotage enemy mining stations/research centers/planetary buildings, release some sort of genetic disease on a world to start killing people, bribe sector governors to give less resources to the homeworlds, foment unrest, raise inter-species tensions (RACE WAR NOW), etc etc etc.

>Economy
1. There need to be interstellar trade routes that are established organically and/or by the player, so if your empire is close to that of another's, trade will spontaneously arise among border regions. You can create a bunch of trade ships that travel these trade routes to increase your income through them. At the moment there's no representation for private trade. Also, internal trade routes. Trade would result in increased research speed and money, but would lead to a greater likelihood of migration into another empire (if it's not a xenophobic one) + greater ethical divergence if the other empire's ethics are different
2. Greater trade prosperity = increase happiness and decreased ship production times and costs, lesser trade prosperity = more unhappiness with the destitute perhaps turning to piracy or drugs or something and fucking up other trade routes/spreading unrest. I doubt that people living on the homeworlds where they receive all those tasty minerals are going to have just awesome relations with some poor asshole in a far-off undeveloped sector who gets all those minerals sent away.
3. A la number 1, also have the ability for certain government types/ethics types to create trade zones where these things happen wherever they want them to be.

Those are my big three gripes.

>MISCELLANEOUS
1. When I capture an enemy planet filled with xeno filth, I would like the ability to purge them all and still have the planet be under my control for later resettlement. I hate having to either purge everyone and then recolonize or resettle a few PURE ARYAN RACE pops and then purge the rest.

cont

>shit as simple as possible

But autists like me don't is what I'm saying. I want dirty little details on literally everything, this is what makes playing games like Dom4 fun for me, being able to see exactly what I'm trading and who with. Stellaris lacks this completely as far as I can tell.

You get an ethos-dependent reward after some time.

you are using notepad and saving in the wrong encoding

What's actually broken about sectors? I keep on losing control of my shit as soon as I get to the point where I have to use them, so I don't fully understand how they work.

Sectors need work, but they're not as bad as everyone is meming. You just can't expect them to do anything military related. I turn all the planets I keep into ship and army factories so there's not a problem.

2. On similar lines, if I capture an enemy planet I should be able to enslave fucking everyone and relocate them wherever I want to without spending so much influence. 5 or 10 influence per pop would be fine, not this 30+ bullshit.
3. Pops should be able to swap places with one another when migrating rather than only being able to move into empty spaces.
4. On the planets screen, I should be able to upgrade which modules I want on a space station without having to click to go to the space station itself. It's fucking annoying.
5. More available traits. Please combine some of the fucking traits together, at the moment it's either all good or all bad because there's just one trait at base. It's "do you want this awesome general or this one who sucks complete cock?" at the moment.
6. Make the AI not suck dick when they're in alliances. Please give me the ability to set overall directives, like 'offensive', 'defensive', 'attack this sector', 'try to take this planet', etc., and the ability to tack their fleet onto one of yours so that they're not just following you. THIS APPLIES ESPECIALLY TO VASSALS. Probably should have put this in combat but w/e.

Autistic rant + frogposting over.

It was to cede their last planet. I expected a quick war not having to move to the other side of the galaxy because the AI federation wont even attack me

3D battlefields/maps are useless and bring nothing in 99% of the space strategy games with 3D.

user, the AI keeps reshuffling pops around, which is a problem if you play slavers or have robots.
Bigger problems are sectors rebuilding useless buildings even when told not to and them not expanding/building stations on their own.

What's the specific encoding assuming I'll use notepad++ this time?

dw all this will be in a dlc.

What fleet power do I need to match the Unbidden? I want to join in the fight against them for dat sweet science and technology, I can't see any of their fleets because they are several nations away.

Whoops, forgot a part:

7. Do vassals give you anything? Because I haven't noticed it if they do. They should contribute resources and especially research so there's an advantage to having one over just conquering and PURGING THE FUKIN XENOS.
8. Make federations not fucking terrible, please. They're the worst and no fun to play at all. Federations should have directives to follow, e.g. colonize, protect, attack, etc. that sets AI priorities. For colonizing they spread out further into space and bring in more planets, for protecting they build a bunch more space stations and fortresses, for attack they build ships and so forth. This should also apply to vassals and protectorates.
9. If I'm playing a xenophobic militaristic junta bordering an alien empire, my pops should get negative happiness modifiers if I'm not actively killing xeno scum. If my empire contains xenos who are not enslaved or being purged, I should get unhappiness. If I'm playing a xenophobic science directorate and I'm bordering a non-Fallen Empire alien polity that has a higher tech level than me, I should get a boost to science + unhappiness levels until my science is at least 'equivalent' to theirs. In general, ethics/traits need to have more of an effect on gameplay, especially the aggressive ethics.
10. Environmental hazards. Gimme warp storms. Nebulas should increase evasion and fuck up targeting for missiles/kinetic weapons, lasers should be less effective around certain stars cause of weird wave effects, that kind of shit.
11. More planet names, I get so many repeats on just a normal, medium-sized map.
12. Don’t make women the default human, fucking parajews. Speaking of which, playing as default humans, almost all over my scientist and planet names are Chinese and Arabic. Guess they really were going for a futuristic view after all :^)

Rate my mushroom men.
Their main objective is to multiply.

>tfw you fell for the hyperdrive ftl meme

Late game is suffering. It takes fucking years to move fleets across your empire. Wormholes are a must for late game.

JESUS CHRIST SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YOUR WALLS OF TEXT YOU PIECE OF SHIT

kek

Wrong mushroom though.

Can you use an allie's wormholes? Or if I have a partner do I have to fly over there and build a wormhole infrastructure across their whole empire even if they already have one?

I heard the rumor there was a MG mod for Stellaris, but I can't fine any.

I don't want to type this out in every thread
PUT IT IN THE OP DAMMIT

>What's actually broken about sectors?
- respect tiles doesn't work
- do not bulldoze my buildings doesn't work
- slaves / robots management doesn't work
- influence system broken
Don't argue about it, the Devs themselves admit it and give you the instructions how to disable it. You disable it by increasing the number of core planets you can have so high that you are never forced to use sectors.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/sectors-are-not-fun.929330/

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/sector-system-is-wet-blanket.928432

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/psa-you-still-need-to-micromanage-slaves-in-sectors.929528/

pls respond

That's a mushroom that I can get behind!

Wait shit nevermind it automatically picks the proper encoding

Thanks either way user

You have to keep them unless you have influence from another source. If you influence goes away and they cease to be a part of your space, you don't get the resources from them.

It's on the workshop, bro. You did buy the game, right?

Why is there a blob of enemy territory here?

I annexed the planets to the north-east of it but this territory stayed with them, there's no frontier outpost there.

>1. Please introduce a few modifications to space stations to specialize them for upgrading fleets. At the moment I have to wait almost TEN FUCKING YEARS for my fleet to get upgraded.

Thats a balance thing. Because you can get several tech and space station upgrades that lower the cost of upgrading, its possible to make a fleet of all tier 1 stuff for really cheap, then upgrade them to all high tier stuff for a fraction of the cost that it would have taken to build them outright. This would be outright broken if upgrading wasn't slow as fuck.

GET THE FUCK OUTTA THE GENERAL AUTISTI

SHOO

I really can't find it.

Guess I'm just blind.

Anyone else getting slow performance lategame? I don't even get frame drops but all the game calculations freeze every other minute for about ten seconds and nothing happens but the UI responds graphically.

Play DW:U
Once I click to colony some planet how the fuck do I stop it, I mean they just keep building the colony ship and I can't do shit. Wait for the ship to finish and stop it?

>planets don't have orbits

I don't know how you guys are okay with this.

so how do you install mods into this game?

If you have the DLC, can you do multiplayer with non-DLC players

Is it possible to use pirated DLC with a legit copy?

Turn off colony automation, I think. Something I wish Stellaris would have.

But they do?

All the big AI calculations are done at the start of each month. Thats why it freezes.

I don't know why they don't try to spread out the AI calculations for empires across multiple weeks so it isn't all done at once, but whatever.

No, they don't fucking move.

yeah, on the 800 star size galaxy at least

not sure about smaller ones

Am I doing this right?

>Have vassals as powerful as you
>put your eye on an equivalent powerful enemy empire.
>Say fuck it, i should have the advantage since my vassals are as powerful.
>Declare war on enemy, my vassals follow my main fleet into battle.
>Destroy their borders with little resistance
>Enemy main fleet appears and for some fucking reason my vassals divide their fleet and retreat.
>Close battle but ultimately get completely destroyed. Would have won with my vassals support.
>Enemy fleet starts an offensive of their own.... fuck i am going to get wrecked.
>INTEGRATION COMPLETE
>I now have control of my used to be vassals fleet.
>Destroy enemy fleet when their where attacking my stations, so i suffer close to none casualties, invade them again and make them vassals.

J-just as planed guys

The orbits are clearly highlighted, man.

I hadn't realized it until now.
On that note, why doesn't the crew that use FTL means of travel age slower due to time dilatation?
Thanks for triggering my space autism faggot!

Not when you look at them but if you leave the system view for a while they do end up in different positions.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682458406&searchtext=

but I already turn it off, I decide where and when to colonize, or there is some options that automate the ships or the colonization process?

D L C
L
C

IMO reptilian ships look great for posing as Soviet ships.

>stellaris by larry david

This has yet to happen. It's literally the most basic thing about space sims.

>4x general

D-does that mean that Endless Space 2 posting is/will be allowed here?

Of course!

My takeaway from this is that distant worlds needs a better UI and genetic tracking / speciation and races and that paradox doesn't know how to make games anymore

well it kinda makes sense because majority of people have auto-save at the start of the month anyway which lags like a motherfucker

yeah, whatever consider 4x, thank to paracock new game I guess

I guess the best way is to split up.your fleets and upgrade them over several bases. But thats pretty annoying

This general will be dead within a month.

>
>
>

Any way to spy on an enemy empire? gather sources on where their fleet is and how much actually power they have as opposed to just some retarded words saying equivalent,superior etc?

You have to into fleet list and find out where the ship is being built.
Ships under construction are in green.
Or you can sort through them on the sorting buttons by the minimap

bump

Distant worlds, despite all it's flaws from being an HTML-based game and whatnot, is still the standard for autistic detail in 4X games. Stellaris feels like you're just playing a game. The only thing Stellaris tops DW in is prettyness and the species generator.

yeah this, when your empire is big enough it takes forever to find shit through a list,

If you can get your sensor range within distance of the planet you can see any fleet that is stationed there and examine them to know how the ships are built.

you're hallucinating on a god-world user

we are xenocucks

Awesome. The Shakturi just arrived and wrecked my shit.

Distant Worlds/10

>attacking pathetic empire
>their tech is marked inferior as well
>send my 3 8k fleets to start sieging their planets
>their 4k main fleet jumps to my core planet
>move my 7k reserve fleet to counter them
>fight
>my whole 7k is destroyed, they only lose 2k
>they destroy my max-level starport before my other fleets can return
FUUU

What's the fastest way to conquer someone?

With ceding planets, you can only get 3 or 4 per war, and then you have to wait 10 years to get more. Is it better vassalize then integrate?

Nope. Paradox forgot to into espionage.

Hope its doesnt flop like sots2

>forgot

Integrating takes a long time. It might be equal times to do however many wars you need.

if there's gonna be a super good dlc/patch soon, maybe not

So I heard about this Auroa game and my god it look even more autistic than DW,
How is the gameplay then, is it a good simulation, more diploma option? better trading? I may get through all this text

sots2 wouldn't have flopped if it wasn't massively unfinished day 1
hopefully they won't make the same mistake