/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD).
loadiine.ovh/
www89.zippyshare.com/v/wlDRiMqJ/file.html
www44.zippyshare.com/v/coe3BRgy/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pls help

so in order to update RedNAND to the latest version, do i have to go to system settings and select system update?

slow the fuck down there. how are you trying to use the exploit in the first place?

>Litten is cute AND edgy at the same time
It's perfect.

Is there a way to get GBA VC on wiiu?

so I tried to impress a girl with my hacked A9LH N3DS (masterrace and no less, obviously) and she called me a "hacker." Now she thinks I'm some kind of hacking god or something probably, wat do?

yes

is there a program to make my own?

What do you mean? All I'm trying to do are the steps in the guide (pastebin.com/HvHDL1mD). To help make sense, I have done everything the guide has said, I have downloaded the homebrew channel and loadline apps and put them onto my sd card. The guide then says to put in 107.211.140.065 as a proxy on the internet setting I use, which I also did. Then the guide says to go to loadiine.ovh/ and bookmark it which I did. This is where the problem happens, the internet browser just has a small box that says "Error Code: 112-1006" and I can't do the rest of the steps because of it.

show her your sky3ds master race and you'll be set for life

how

I'm still on emunand. How urgent is it that I move to a9lh? I haven't had any issues with reinand+NTR yet, but will I?

www89.zippyshare.com/v/wlDRiMqJ/file.html
Here's a mystery theme for usage upon a Nintendo 3DS.

install it

im gonna need to be more spoonfed than that

Is switching SD cards still complicated? I'm on emunand and I remember there being a lot of posts concerning switching SD cards

Seems like there is a new 2ds bundle releasing next week along with a price drop. Is it safe to assume it's gonna come with the newest firmware?

anybody? pls help.

Not necessarily; it may be older 2DS units being stuck in newer boxes.

But it'll probably be 10.7 at the oldest.

It's supposedly the safest option; I've heard you can update from the Home Menu. But yes, you can update from System Settings.

>completely fuck myself up after restoring a backup without a9lh because my games didn't work and my h&s app got deleted
>mfw just found a cubic ninja for 20 bucks

In other notes, can I download the h&s app as a cia if I ever need it?

I just got a 64gb SD card, all that's needed is just a drag and drop from my old loadiine SD card right?

>tfw you're finally not a late-fag and ascended to the a9lh master race a week before 11.0

feels good. one hell of a library this thing has.

Congrats on the Cubic Ninja find.

I don't know if there's an H&S CIA, but I can drop my own HS.app file somewhere if you want it.

>But it'll probably be 10.7 at the oldest.
Oh well, there goes my plans of buying a 2ds for 70 bucks. My current 3ds died, and no, I didn't fuck it up, it just died on its own.

What the hell is the benefit of a9lh if I already have rxTools?

Leave Dwarf Fortress on and really wow her with your hacking skills.

I attempted to locate and delete it while I was still on an EmuNAND but was unable to do so with any certainty. But I'm a bit more familiar with this stuff now so I suppose a second try wouldn't hurt.
Good call, user. Yep, I found a small FBI application and deleted it. The black square didn't disappear at first but after crossing my fingers and rebooting it was gone.

I have the cheat.plg file, what do

>rxTools

Again, I have no idea what the firmware will be. You can still downgrade with 10.7, after all.

yo guys who are using the wii u exploit
what games are you playing

>if I already have rxTools

It works, that's all I need.

faster boot times, 100% boot consistency, all the extra pre-boot tools that make you impossible to permanently brick as long as you have a NAND backup...

Lots of shit.

Rename it to butt.plg and insert it in your SD

Then don't bother with A9LH

Is ISOUhax useable, or is it useless until IOSU is actually cracked?

You think I'm fucking stupid?
I already tried that

>games
How many are there to choose from, I mean, really?

Thanks user, I wouldn't mind so. There's a homebrew app for FBI, right? Even if I didn't need the app, I just want it to be there just for the sake of it.

Luma3DS 11.0 eshop not working?

While preparing to enter the shopping bags flip endlessly after nnid and then an error code 007-2100

Does anyone have a link to the .mlg file for the new Wii U kexploit?

>You can still downgrade with 10.7, after all.
Last I checked to do that you had to actually buy a game. Did they find another way?

If I still have rxtools from when the big day started from the retard guide, am I still safe and can update? I think I update to 10.7 last and was fine.
Has rxtools been updated? im not even sure how I would go about updating it.

You need to make a folder named "anaru" on your rootband put it in there

It happens. My parents learned I built my computer and suddenly I get other family members asking me to repair their refrigerators and microwaves.

Interesting.
It just seems like people are comparing it to having a unicycle vs having a hovercar.

Do you have DNS settings up or blocked Nintendo's servers? If not, Google the code

I'm guessing Conker's Bad Fur Day isn't ever going to work on Loadiine.

Here: www44.zippyshare.com/v/coe3BRgy/file.html
It includes the original H&S app, as well as the injected H&S/FBI app with and without a custom banner.

Oh, right, I forgot about second entry points and all that.
In that case, you're probably SOL. Sorry.

I haven't really given it a proper chance yet since I'm trying to finish off a few half-completed games on various platforms right now (Xenoblade Chronicles and Ace Attorney 1) but I've got Xenoblade Chronicles X on stand-by. I also downloaded Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Maker for testing purposes so I can personally attest to both working flawlessly.

I know people have found a way to share levels in Cemu so I wonder if I can use similar methods to try those levels out with Loadiine.

11.0 downgrade when?

I just bought a 64GB microsd, so with A9lh + Aureinand I can just straight copy my old card to this new one and that's it right? Just have to format the new card to fat32 first.

Reposting because last thread pruned and I couldn't find anything on the internet.

Is it possible to get Luma to boot extended ram games like smash bros and monhun 4 from a cart?
When I try it just results in a black screen. Using an o3ds with alh9.

Never
You need a hardmod now

so i just have to press system update and that's it right?

Based. Have a qt.

Finished installing A9LH onto my N3DS

Recommend me games please

Bullshit, they'll have to figure something out.

Any validity to the claim that you can get banned now with A9LH on 11.0?

None.

Yup.
Also: Are you on ReiNAND? There is a bug in ReiNAND that hasn't been patched yet that prevents system updates, meaning that attempting to update will result in Frankenfirmware and will require a backup be reinstalled.

I believe it works perfectly on any other emuNAND; I'm using Luma3DS myself.

No problem, yo.

Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Until a software mod is discovered, a hard-mod is the only way to downgrade your system from 11.0.

What do you like? I'll just throw out what I always say and recommend you emulate 999 and then play Virtue's Last Reward.

Just like PS3 emulation right? :^)

In 5 hours

Didn't work

i'm using Luma3DS

So I'm thinking of getting off the Cakes train and going for the currently more promising Luma after not having done anything with my setup since back in January. Not gonna go through the whole A9LH setup yet since I don't have that much free time recently, just wanna stuff it into ctrbootmgr and call it a day.

Do I really need to use that patchanger script to get restart/TWL/AGB working if I'm just putting the luma3ds.dat file straight in the root of the SD card or is that for people with more esoteric setups?

ps3 emulation is coming along... do you mean ps3 downgrading without flashing nand/nor?

Bayo 1+2, SM3DW, TW101, MK8, Mario Maker, TWW and TP HD, Splatoon, Expend Frozen Dong, XBX, I assume #FE. Smash is ok too. Also assume you will be able to play the WiiU version of Zelda when it comes out.

Nope, it's permanently fixed.
There's no way around what Nintendo has fixed now and you need a hardmod

In that case, you're safe to update.
Though you should make a backup right now anyways, just in case. Mostly because making backups was something I failed to do myself, resulting in me eventually installing A9LH and Luma.

This isn't like previous fixes where they patch out entrypoints and we find another way in. They legitimately patched out the downgrade process unless you hardmod.

I've asked this before, but never got an answer. I'll try again.
Can I safely do a system transfer from an emuNand o3DS to a sysNand n3DS? I just want to move my NNID and legit purchases to a clean 3DS while I keep the other one hacked.

Oh, whoops. Yeah I didn't mean to say emulation.
I've got a Super Slim.

optimism. how sweet :)
grab a download manager and head to 3dsiso.
check out /v/ recommends for 3DS titles. it's pretty much perfect.
You may not find everything as a CIA, so check out the .3DS threads for some of the older recommended titles.

I, too, would like some clarification on that. I wouldn't think so since there no longer needs to be NAND redirection, but if I knew what I was talking about I wouldn't be using retard guides.

I did it guys, thanks for answering the questions I had. What a fucking emotional rollercoaster with black screens and failed loads.

So I finally got all the hacking done and now I can pirate games ad shit,but how do I pirate the DLC?

How complex of a hard mod are we talking, anyway?

>trying to download the Wii U loadiine files
>virus detection keeps getting in the way

Fucking hell.

so is it better to use .cia files or eshop tickets? or does it really matter

Just grab the .cia

>Finally can play some wii u games on my auto updating piece of shit
Pretty coo..
>...but only offline

For what fucking purpose

>3dschaos
>like/thank this post to see links
>they use host sites where you have to make accounts
god what a dump

Retard trying to hack his 3ds here.

Managed to downgrade it to 9.2 (the guide is great) but then it says
>"Reinstall menuhax using browserhax and the HomeBrew Launcher (you do not need to reconfigure, just press install in menuhax_manager)"

Does this mean I have to go through step one and visit that hacking website again? Because I had the homebrew launcher before I downgraded and now can't access it.

The guide didn't say what I should do with all these backups. Which do I keep and which do I delete?

keep them all

I only want to play #FE and FFV uncensored, after I'm done with those I'll likely just go back to legit. I own pretty much everything decent anyway.

yes

>type in the url that takes you to the homebrew launcher
>go to menuhax
>install

Why would I keep emunands if I don't use emunand?

I wanted to give pokken a whirl, but an offline fighting game is the most boring fucking thing

Is there a safe place to buy a 3ds/2ds with no risk of it coming with 10.6+?

shit, because that website worked first time around (on 9.8) but now that I've downgraded to 9.2 it's just giving me a system error when I try to access it.

oh well, I'll keep plugging away. the downgrade didn't init properly the first couple of times either. you kind of have to brute force these things sometimes i guess.

Yeah, a wii u that can't play mario kart 8, splatoon,etc is worthless really

With A9LH you don't even need an EmuNAND anymore, which means there's no need to create a second partition on your SD card and install to it (basically the only holdup previously, as far as I'm aware?). You'll need to make sure it's formatted to FAT32 and stuff but that's about the size of it from my (similarly inexperienced) perspective.

Step 1) Download the DLC
Step 2) Install the .cia
Consider DLC and Updates to be the same as regular Video Games, in regards to installation and acquisition.

>Keep
All
>Delete
None

Realistically you no longer need any of the EmuNAND shit since you're on A9LH now and you probably don't need one of those SysNAND.bin files either (what is the difference between SysNAND.bin and SysNAND_original.bin? You'll definately want to keep the one containing your completely unhacked vanilla 3DS SysNAND.) but play it safe because "why not?" You're just keeping all of those in some folder on your Desktop right? You've got the space.

anyone know some good sites for getting .cia? I keep finding questionable BR sites

Thanks for the recommendations, I really needed some more games to play after all this hacking

all 3ds come with 10.3 and below

Because if anything fucks up you have multiple restore points