/pg/ - Persona General

Previous thread -LATEST NEWS-
>Dengeki hi-res scans personacentral.com/persona-5-dengeki-playstation-vol-614-high-res-scans/
>Famitsu hi-res scans personacentral.com/persona-5-famitsu-issue-1432-scans/
>Character names, personas personacentral.com/persona-5-character-persona-story-information/
>P5 releases September 15th, 2016 in Japan, 2016 in NA, Europe TBA
>P5A: The Day Breakers to air in September 2016
>P5 to feature at E3 2016
>Winter of Rebirth releases on BD August 3rd, 2016
>20th anniversary concert to take place on August 13th, 2016
>Next Persona Magazine to release Summer 2016
>20th Anniversary FES to take place at 3331 Arts Chiyoda in December 2016

-INFO-
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
>P5 Musics
youtube.com/channel/UCI72RJdJvabqrYzTY7eE9Jw/videos
-GUIDES-
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

-DOWNLOADS-
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona Image Collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua

-MANGA-
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/4j4506/persona_2_isep_spoilers_looking_for_a_certain/
killscreen.com/articles/the-creator-of-persona-on-life-japanese-culture-and-the-unconscious/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anne has very nice annes.

>A Mary Sue in computing abilities

Literally me

JAPS GET OUT

>Ryuji gets to stick his wiener between those things every night for fun

So literally no one leaves?

>implying there are actual japanese here

They are either gaijin living in Japan or just pretending to be one

I love Anne!

Then why do you keep posting the same image again and again? Go and get a new one reeeeeeeeeee

Knew she was best girl since I laid eyes on her.

Someone has too

I'll start using different images soon I promise.

Just went to show Soejima didn't understand subtle designs, though arguably P3 was worse in that regard. Seems to have toned it back a bit for P5 (except maybe Futaba but eh, one's fine).

Of course any attempt to criticise character design in P3 or P4 is immediately met with the "do you just want BORING CHARACTERS" brigade, as if the only way to distinguish between your main characters is whether or not they wear a hat.

>toned it back a bit for P5

>

I always felt he put a lot more love into his toaster designs then anything really. Like I really like all of toaster sisters designs and I felt like he put a lot more thought into them.

You already have shitloads of people complaining that P5's character designs are too boring.

>Starting Persona is Necronomicon symbolizing an unknown force and ancient aliens with psychic rays that made humanity after Nyx crashed into earth

nice we are now using fan fiction as info

I hope Persona 5 has a christmas cake link that isn't a throw away relationship like Margaret was

It's creative sure, but the robots always felt out of place in this series when even P2 (a game with Nazi robots of all things) never tried to include them as some kind of integral part of the game. I mean try and imagine how different your life would be if you just one day had a sentient robot in your community.

Compared to what? How over-the-top do they need to be? If anything I think he really struck a good balance with P5.

From what I can see, where Soejima fails to do subtle is the clothing. Chie and Yukiko for example on that image would look very basic if they didn't wear their sweaters.

> Doesn't seem like one to join the group of Thieves, but because of societal expectations of women, she lets out her violent side

It's also nonsensical.

Oh I agree. But many people want neatly colour coded characters like in P4.

>I mean try and imagine how different your life would be if you just one day had a sentient robot in your community.

Yeah I can't imagine what my life would be if I turned into coffins at night

What I like about P5 is that the characters are being distinguished (outside of probably their hair) by their personality, position and skills. Goes pretty well with the theme of stealing back futures, or identities.

I guess what I'm saying is, there's a difference between making a design unique and making it ridiculous for the setting, especially when how characters look is relevant within the world.

There are plenty of decent works out there with unique characters that don't all have colour-coded uniforms. P4 is especially bad in this regard when you think back to P1, where basically every character wore the same school uniform no matter how extremely they modified it.

It'd be some rough shit to say the least.

Right, the quality of a character's design is not all about their hair color after all. But it's one thing Soejima has talked about in artbook comments a fair amount.

do you just want BORING CHARACTERS?

at least with 2 the longinus mechs and robot nazis existed because of rumors, in 3 everyone just takes the fact that this multinational conglomerate has the technology and the resources to make sentient life as a matter of fact

Fucking Reiji showing off his eight-pack.

Wait so how does or rather who the hell tells Potter-kun that he is going to have a terrible fate while he's at this cafe?

>this guy

We already have robots now. What makes you think we won't have robot with sentient life 50 years from now?

So without news we just shitpost

yes

On top of the ridiculous idea that such a robot would exist and everyone would find it normal, the robots in P3 and P4 are said to have been invented 10 years ago, like they're not even cutting-edge.

Doesn't help that they're all female, and no attempt at all seems to have been made to allow them to blend in with other humans, so one has to wonder why they even have human-looking heads/faces (and nothing else).

yeah sure

No. We post goddess!

If you say so

It's our national pastime.

Oh my.

did they ever give a reason they didn't just make more robots? did the recession wipe out the fembot budget or something

Nigga not even 10 years ago. Labrys and Aigis are from 1999.

1999 was 17 years ago.

Is this a jojo reference?

>what is alternate universe

Ok then.

The game is set in 2009

>that slutty Yukari standing pose

both Futaba and Haru are doing it?

Its the pose of best girl

Who knows, maybe Kirijo just ran out of the all the old Nanjo money they spent like it was toilet paper.

Persona 3 takes place in 2009 or thereabouts, though. From a real perspective yeah, it's dumb as shit though.

This one? It doesn't look like anyone's in that pose.

And it's their lax spending that got them thrown out of the main branch.

I think he means the standing pose where their legs are spread and their arms behind their back. Yukari and Rise did it.

I swear if there isn't an option to carry over completed social link in NG+

Oh. Futaba and Haru might be in it but it's hard to tell if their legs are spread or not. I don't think they are though.

They might have run out of Plumes.

Its not even the same

Even in concept art Kanji is the best. He was just destined for greatness.

Fag

MC = Arsene Lupin
>Ryuji = Captain Kidd
>Ann = Carmen
>Morgana = Zorro
>Yusuke = Goemon Ishikawa
>Futaba = Necronomicon
>Makoto = Johanna
>Haru = Milady de Winter
>Final Boy = ???

Fill in Crow-kun persona.

Persona possibility candidate :
>Robin Hood
>The Man with the Iron Mask
>Erik, The Phantom Opera
>Hong Gildong/Im Kkeokjeong
>Count of Monte Cristo
>Sinbad The Sailor
>Ali Baba
>Jean Valjean
>Garret of The Keepers
>Batman
>Daredevil

Persona Evolution :
>Arsene Lupin -> A. J. Raffles, Flambeu, Fantomas, The Fiend with Twenty Faces.
>Captain Kidd -> Blackbeard, Black Bart (Bartholomew Roberts), Black Sam (Samuel Bellamy)
>Carmen -> Salome, Mata Hari
>Goemon -> Hattori Hanzo, Fuuma Kotaro, Sarutobi Sasuke, Nezumi Kozo.
>Zorro -> El Coyote, Don Quixote, Jesus Malverde, Pedro Urdemales, Joaquin Murrieta, Pancho Villa
>Necronomicon -> Liber Ivonis (Book of Eibon), Testament, Hermetica, Ars Goetia
>Johanna -> Joan of Arc, Jeanne de Clisson
>Milady de Winter -> Irene Adler, D'Artagnan, Jeanne de Valois-Saint-Remy

You know they've said it's perfectly possible the Evolutions are nothing like the base Persona, right?

>Goemon -> Hattori Hanzo, Fuuma Kotaro, Sarutobi Sasuke, Nezumi Kozo.

Heh, nothing personel kid the persona

They won't get new costumes when their persona evolves

>They won't get new costumes when their persona evolves
source?

They already said their evolutions won't be the same as their initial personas. Quit posting that.

Also fucking Daredevil and Batman aren't public domain and I highly doubt Atlus is willing to shell out the money to use them.

logic

His ass.

>School festival

Well i guess we all know what comes next

My ass

I see.

Which girl will be molested by the rest?

well they'll probably be like "Damn Anne, you got big breasts" and feel her up, but she'll be all open to it.

>not a single girl with large boobs

No

Anne is quite bountiful.

Bigger than =/= large, friend. Her titties are accentuated by her skin tight outfit anyway. Haru seems to have something up there but not enough to tell since she wears baggy clothes.

reddit.com/r/Megaten/comments/4j4506/persona_2_isep_spoilers_looking_for_a_certain/

>reddit stealing our memes

When do they not?

Reddit stealing Veeky Forums memes is old news, senpai.

Red pill me on Baton Pass, what the hell does it mean? Does it trigger when you hit a weakness?

Passing turn

killscreen.com/articles/the-creator-of-persona-on-life-japanese-culture-and-the-unconscious/
>Creator of Persona
>Hashino
>2006
>P3

Stopped reading right there

Seems like when you get an extra turn from weakness exploitation you can or even must pass it to someone else. This apparently gives a bonus to the stats of whoever receives the turn, for that turn.

So no more killing everything with just the MC, I suppose.

I wonder why they didn't just called it Persona 1? Why starts with 3?

>giving a shit about leddit

I'd be fine if they just said he began directing Persona from P3, but saying "Creator of Persona"?

Every. Time.

But Persona did start at 3.

Okada and Kaneko were smart to escape the sinking ship that was Persona

Okada and Kaneko were right to leave Persona in better hands.

I thought it was called "Persona 3" because there were only 3 good characters.

>FeMC
>Nozomi
>Shinji
Seems about right.

Who?

You're mistaking flag ship with sinking ship there, senpai.

Playing FeMC as a stupid bitch is so much fun.

>Nozomi

>FeMC
character
>Nozomi

>>Nozomi

r/megaten is literally full of Veeky Forums shitposters

FeMC is cute! CUTE!

>Tiny 1 person futon
>Yu has about 2 feet on Chie

that must've been some awkward sex

That place is a cancer magnet I swear.