/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/hid-to-vpad.424127/
mega.nz/#F!FNNikRjI!tk2brElcTTr6rCzUpICHRg
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19U4BtAU_zTDQPOb1itLSGtVS0klBIJ9km1pkZOdF1x4/edit#gid=0
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
youtube.com/watch?v=_gJNtumawHQ
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There is literally no reason to buy a n3ds over an o3ds.

Can I still inject FBI to the HS app? I forgot to inject it.

third for 3ds browser is the only good 3ds program

What about the faster processor speed for running N64 games, or the better 3D via headtracking?

Except for 4x the speed of the cpu, with better fps on laggier games.

11.0 is safe for ReiNand r-right?

>not System Settings
Are you even deprecated.

Yes

I had a thought the other day, could you launch FBI from HBL and install FBI as a cia that way?

Any good place to download Smash wii u and Hyrule Warriors?

Only on sysNAND.

Do you plan to downgrade?

>Yes
Don't Update

>No
You can update

i have some custom badges and some of them are game sprites
how do i get them to look not like shit on the home menu? the only ones that are actually 1:1 are the mario 2 sprites from badge arcade and that's only if you zoom all the way out

That doesn't seem to work. It still tells me to buy the games and all.

Do you mean downgrade for A9LH? I already have ReiNand on my 3DS so would it be safe to update that emunand?

IOSUHax when?

Does Luma only work if you have a9lh? or can you use Luma even if you're still using the older emunand/sysnand split?

>playing a game through loadiine
>GC controller is working
Was this always a thing?

If I'm on 5.4 should I upgrade?

Also is there a retard guide available?

Thanks.

Luma works with both a9lh and regular ol sysnand. instructions on the github wiki.

Asking again
So i'm getting a friend some Japanese games that aren't on the titlekey website, and I'm wondering what i do with this titlekey file. I mean i'l upload it later but i'm trying to get him the games soon so how do i read the file to get the titlekeys so i can use funkeycia?
Do i just decrypt it now with decrypt9 and read it with some text editor?

It's been a thing since roughly the day 5.5 arrived. A bunch of USB gamepads work too. gbatemp.net/threads/hid-to-vpad.424127/ can also be used standalone for legit titles.

GC controller works with unofficial GC adapters, IIRC. It's treated as a classic controller. It takes over for the gamepad inputs.

When I try to play eshop games installed through shameless (Pokemon Red) I just get an endless bootloop.

What gives?

Requesting again: Golden Sun the Lost Age.
I don't know if this is good enough to be in the pastebin, but I found this in a Hue page
mega.nz/#F!FNNikRjI!tk2brElcTTr6rCzUpICHRg
It has good games but not the one I'm looking for, so please.

How do I play the N64 games from OP in loadiine?

So far I downloaded them and but ids in brackets at the end of the folder names, they show up in loadiine but do not load.

If you can access the eshop you need to repair it.

>Go to the eshop
>Find your bootloop-ing game's eshop page
>Scroll to the bottom of the page and touch "Repair Software"
>Once it's done a prompt will say that nothing is wrong, and ask if you would like to repair the software anyway
>Select "no" and exit the eshop

So I just finished installing a9lh. Am I supposed to just do a regular update up to 11.0 now? I know it says to do an update but it just seems like it'll undo everything

a9lh has FIRM protection on the sysnand. Update as usual, you'll keep CFW and be on latest version.

Oh yes, oh yeah this is semi-perfect
hell the official one is working too
only minor thing is L/R are treated as LZ/RZ

I don't understand why you feel so bad about having slightly worse hardware that you have to try and ruse everyone with the first post in the thread. Are you too broke to upgrade or do you feel cucked because you bought a limited edition XL or some shit and you can't change it? Maybe you paid $250 for it when it had no games and you got cucked with VC because it still had no games at the time.

>Not having a N3DS and some coverplates and enjoying how badass it looks.
>If you get the XL instead (I don't blame you America, NoA is fucking you guys over) then you get all the cooler Zelda or Monster Hunter or Fire Emblem designs.
>Not streaming your games without hardmods.
>Binding of Isaac and working SNES games on the go? Yes please. Don't give me that Blarg shit, it's highly unoptimized and inaccurate.
>Camera control nub that works pretty good? Fuck yes considering the assramming O3DS(XL) users get with the CCP. Try playing Monster Hunter well without one.
>Did I mention new games will run better because they're made with the N3DS in mind? MH4 and Majora's Mask look abysmal with an O3DS.
>Actually working 3D. Combine that with an IPS screen and it's so beautiful user.
>Hyrule Warriors doesn't even have 3D on an O3DS.
>Louder speakers. The O3DS sounds so quiet. and the OXL even more so.
>Homebrew preventing underclocking so games don't lag balls like on the O3DS.
>Bottom screen bezel won't scratch the top screen. (Not XL)

I finished everything in the guide. So do I just download .cias, put them on my SD card and install them with FBI?

No, you scan QR codes with FBI.

yes. or just scan the QR.

Give in to the jews, that's it goyim. yess Give them all your shekels...
are you all going to buy a playstation 4k when it gets out too? yess faster cpu....it's worth spending 700$ again....

If I own an actual legit cart and it's asking for an update, can I go on e-shop and just install it? on emunand? or do I have to find a .cia of the update? don't want to fuck something up since I never go on e-shop ever since I hacked this a few months back.

We really need to find out whats causing that, it's fine for in-region shit but everything else is pointless.

Has anyone actually installed the tickets from nfshost while having an NNID linked?

interested but don't care for bans

legit or no, updates through eshop are fine.
only time you need a CIA update is for out of region titles.

from what i understand, it's just cryptofixing the title.

yes, all day erry day. ninty don't give a fuck

It's been a while, did she come out yet?

I was under the impression cryptofixing was strictly a n3ds problem, have I been misinformed? because I have to tolerate that shit on my o3ds, interestingly I don't recall it being an issue if i use ciangel. FBI on the other hand requires a repair.

>i'm poor so everyone else should have shittier gear to compensate!

Really? I thought there was a big stigma with updating from eshop for some reason? as in, never do it if you're running CFW. Guess not

beats me. it happens on my o3ds as well and never really paid it any mind. it's a pain in the ass, but a small price to pay.

It may be something with the way FBI does the install, but I don't know shit about anything. Maybe it'll get addressed in the next FBI update.

Thanks for all the help over the last three threads, /hbg/.

Sorry I asked some stupid questions and didn't always read the pastebin :3

stfu idiot

You're arguing with someone who bought a n3ds, dumbshit. At least I recognize the stupidity of my actions. You're too retarded for that.

it's possible ninty is waiting for a massive ban wave that nukes everyone on the board. but recent history shows they're more concerned with stopping new pirates than existing.
They'd get so much shit if they banned consoles of legit customers, it's not worth it on a dying platform.

Cryptofixing is for games released after the 9.6 update as that's when the new keys were introduced.

I don't understand your problem, you WANT an O3DS even though you have the better system? What the fuck is wrong with you?

Not the guy you are replying to. I haven't been here in months, I installed a9lh and aureinand when it was new and I just finished updating my CFW and stuff. I even downloaded the new FBI because I heard it got rewritten from scratch but I haven't tried it yet.

Okay I know you can now pirate shit from the eshop if you do have the titlekeys. I even bookmarked this but I don't remember how you are supposed to do it because it's been like 2 months.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19U4BtAU_zTDQPOb1itLSGtVS0klBIJ9km1pkZOdF1x4/edit#gid=0
but I still haven't tr

Is this related to the QR shit you mentioned?

I'm having some issues with A9LH.

I went to step 13 on github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

and I put my files back on, but I used an older, pre-cfw folder for my "Nintendo 3DS" folder that was on my root because I assumed it was the same. Now when I turn on my 3DS I cannot press down to boot into homebrew any more. How do I fix this?

No, I'm saying that there is literally no reason at all to buy a n3ds when you already have a o3ds.

here m8y:
3ds.nfshost.com

Downgrade to 9.2. All the new update does is block exploits that oothax and ninjhax use, so you can't access homebrew if you're loading it through oothax and ninjhax.

cryptofixing used to be really only an n3ds problem when they didn't have the latest emunand to get on the eshop like o3ds users did. i just download newer games from 3dsiso to get around having to view the eshop page (repairing it isn't necessary btw) because it makes me worry about how i'll play it when nintendo cuts off online for the 3ds in like 10 years

Thanks I was reading the pastebin but I didn't know where to find those QR codes. It's one of the first links but I didn't see it.

>I don't have to use that shitty br blog/3dsiso anymore
cool

I mean, I sold my O3DS and bought a N3DS and I am very happy with it. Better screen, better SNES buttons, built in CCP, amiibo support (although I don't blame you if you don't care for it, lol physical DLC), better processor for emulating shit and playing shit. It also has a place to put a strap like on the original DS/DSlite and I kinda missed that. Also the 3d is actually good, no more trying to find the sweet spot, just flip the slider and go. I thought it was a worthy upgrade and since I bought my O3DS used, I sold it for almost the same price, no fucks given. I mean, if you're not homebrewing your 3DS then yeah the reasons for upgrading are very very slim because every exclusive game is a port or SNES VC, but look at the fucking general you're in. We can take advantage of this shit and it's great! A9lh wouldn't have even happened without the N3DS due to Nintendo ballsing up it's security and yet people still talk about they wished the N3DS didn't even exist or it's still not worth it, but I bet half of those fuckers still use menuhax. Whatever user, you seem cool, although slightly deluded, but you're not a fuck who paid for piracy so whatever. Have you played anything interesting lately?

>running N64 games
You mean like running a N64 emulator or better performance for N64 remake games like Majora's Mask?

11.0 can't be downgraded to 9.2 or 2.1 or whatever.

Of course emunand is still safe because you can just load a backup that's lower than 11.0, or just create a new emunand, but you probably don't want to update to 11.0 if you have immediate plans to downgrade to 2.1 to get the otp

tl;dr: Yes it's safe.

oh, they updated the domain. w/e
3ds.titlekeys.com

beside the encrypted titlekey, there's a button to show the QR code. scan that QR with FBI.

isn't it just one extra step to add that firmware.bin into the luma folder when downgrading to 2.1? and the guide tells you to update to the latest version before that anyway, it didn't seem to make a difference to me at all when i was downgrading from 11.0

How do these work? I'm still in ancient times and taking out my SD card every time I want to add more .cias to my 3DS to install.

Does this work with devmenu? or how do I use this?

>get new version of fbi
>press scan qr code on new version on the 3ds
>scan qr code
>download from the nintendo servers
All for free

1. get FBI 2.2+
2. Choose "Scan QR code" option
3. Scan QR code.
4. profit

Yeah I got it, you can see the new site at the top of the screen.

Shit's great.

Yo-Kai EUR QR where

Does FBI 2.2 work on any CFW? still a filthy rxtools peasant from circa 200B.C here.

To use with funkey, dump the encrypted title keys. To upload on the website, dump the decrypted title keys.

I traded in my PS4 today to buy a N3DS.

I have a CFW PS3 Slim, and am always too broke to buy games, so I figured why keep the PS4? It's been gathering dust since Bloodborne.

Got a straight swap for the 3ds, charger and a 40 euro giftcard. Pretty cool.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

any CFW, yes.

As someone that has both, I can confirm there isn't much practical difference.

n3DS has
>NTR streaming
>shit port of Xenoblade, shitty BoI, renders a whopping 20% of the enemies in the shit port of HW vs. 10% on o3DS
>theoretically better fps in some cpu intensive games(though I couldn't name a single one)
>ability to play a few more SNES games (Super Mario RPG and a couple others I forgot)

It's pretty much nothing.

ok im new to this shit and i wanna know how to get free 3ds games but i dont understand these guides at all. theyre just to complicated for my tiny brain. could someone please help me out and give me the simplest guide possible please?

wiki guide good luck

Also being able to run old 3DS games at the higher clock speed resulting in better FPS.

Read the OP

Why does that cat have a tail coming out its back?

Thanks

>latest console version for Wii U is still 5.5.1
Man, Nintendo is really nice to let people keep stealing their games!

but that's right there

>theoretically better fps in some cpu intensive games(though I couldn't name a single one)

Most games I've actually paid attention to run at a solid 30/60fps on o3DS.

Is this your first time in the general? I felt like you a couple of days ago.

Just read this through without doing anything

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

and watch this video

youtube.com/watch?v=_gJNtumawHQ

(Don't go by the video, he skips a few steps and it's slighty outdated, but it is helpful)

Once you get familiar with the terminology, go for it.

t. came to this thread two days ago, bought a N3DS hours ago, now have A9LH up and running and a bunch of pirated games set up

do you think this good woman would let me fuck her in the ass

I've got a 4.3.0-3u 3ds.
Is there anything I can use to get homebrew on it?

I'm trying to install oothax on a cart so I can use that on my usual 3ds.

Why are you still wasting your time with the 3ds?
Just get a wii u already so we can have wii u hacking general

>finally done setting up a9lh
>dont want to play anything

what a draining experience.

gonna get drunk and maybe play games tomorrow

>he got a wii u

>3U
Most likely no web browser exploits for you on an NVer that low. Do you happen to have a DS flashcart that works on that 4.x 3DS? If so, you could use the DS profile exploit to boot into rxTools and update it to 9.2.

speaking of which,
Whatever happened to that google drive user that was uploading wii u games to these threads?

i don't have access to the US eshop so i have to use decrypt9 every time that happens. it's a long process especially for bigger games but they work in the end so whatever

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update

fucking idiots

He is swimming with the fish and hykem

If I had a flashcart, I'm sure I wouldn't need to go through all this trouble to set up oothax.

If I update it, how high will it go? Are there updates on the game carts like there used to be a long time ago?

Running PlaiSysUpdater on O3DS 10.7 and I keep getting the black error screen on "Check upgrade integrity"

What's your setup? Anyway it should be possible to access eshop through homebrew. It's a different story if you're an EUfag with an EU eshop.

Someone should make a 3DS homebrew game about hacking 3DSs.

>very limited budget for 3DS/exploitable games
>have to shop around to try to get a 3DS on the right sysmenu version
>randomly generated hacks every game
>as a last resort can train soldering and do a hardmod or even pay someone to do it for you or dress up like a girl and suck their dick

Sounds more fun than any game currently on the 3DS.

Is it true that Smash 4 has over 230 costume slots for each idnividual character?

jp n3ds w/ a9lh + luma3ds

You know that that's not actually capable of booting rxTools with the 2.x browser, right?

>Hyrule Warriors with no dlc and extra maps and has load issues in loadline
>Legends with more content at the cost of worse graphics, cut kill animation, much fewer enemies that constantly pop in and out and have to rely on fairies to get huge mob kills, and a reduced framerate
At least i had fun with it as i could have before the wii exploit came out.