store.steampowered.com/app/359870/
youtu.be/8vVE9XBCPdc

>FF Explorers
pastebin.com/jNVTmu58
Discord room: discord.gg/0mpm2kbJPLFjZGX3

>FFIX released on PC, available on smartphones
youtube.com/watch?v=4oDeSJI0qJc

>FF XI
/ffg/ has a linkshell on Asura: "FearTheVoid"!
forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50256
wiki.dspt.info/index.php/DarkStar_Servers
FFXI May Update: forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/50529-May-10-2016-(JST)-Version-Update

>FFXIV (3.2)
youtube.com/watch?v=CZET2yYZLN8
Patch Notes:na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c755d756aece79cc9707f5444ad0980ac2b5a39c

>FF Brave Exvius
youtube.com/watch?v=7bhRtof5oOA
novacrystallis.com/2016/05/final-fantasy-brave-exvius-heads-west/

>Other game information
pastebin.com/cPCCGXNy

Other urls found in this thread:

jeffludwig.com/finalfantasy/download.php#v3.5-changes
eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-25-ff11-is-the-most-profitable-final-fantasy-ever
engadget.com/2012/06/25/final-fantasy-xi-the-most-profitable-in-the-franchise/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Awooooo

make a new one
this one reeks of filth

Thanks to you fuckers, I now find myself spontaneously awooing in public.

Oh shit, I just realised that we can now make lewd mods for FFX now that it's on PC.

no

>we

Well you can always turn the leviathan.

I decided to try out that FFI mod that has like 12 classes in it, and I'm doing it with a group of random irrelevant assholes from across the FF series and Bravely Default because I couldn't think of any irrelevant evil female FF healers!

>Lewd mods

>For these bitches.

>Rogue
>Enchanter
>Archimage
Oh shit nigger what are you doing?

NO AWOOOING

Who is the best FF character?

Even in just dicking around in XI, I'm getting great chains from the double xp campaign

Zidane.

Not debatable because personal preference

Any qt keepers beat cagnazzo yet? About to try with this setup

FuSoYa

>not even buying mc2 for yuffie
what kind of pimp are you

Are you a Red Mage?

Me.

Sora

Tyro

Does it just rename them? Like, what's the difference between Archmage and Black Mage?

What resolution do you play at?

Dahj

Yes
1280x720, I'm really like playing in even numbered resolutions

jeffludwig.com/finalfantasy/download.php#v3.5-changes

Post a screenshot of your current idle gear

>idle gear
And there's the answer to the question "how long into the free login campaign until someone mentions something that triggers me and makes me not want to play XI again"

30% into the download too ; ;

anything in particular you're looking for? Currently I just got whooped after trying to solo Very Easy Ambuscade with Trusts and am about to go do some recording.

wait, what's idle gear

Please record more Lilisette videos!

So what did everyone roll in BE? got Cecil.

gear that passively recovered mana while you sat around waiting for your mana to come back

XI's end game, since the game was too archaic to have functioning combat balance at the time - revolved around switching gear sets for everything you do. For instance when you use X attack, you will macro in a gearset change to equipment that buffs the shit out of that attack to get them most out of it, and you have these sets for literally everything you do and that's how end game content works.

Idle set is one of these end game gear sets, and is basically the "I'm not using an ability or doing anything atm" set, and gives you things like passive damage reduction, MP regen, stuff that's nice to have when you aren't needing to power up any of your abilities.

Threadly reminder that Vayne Solidor did nothing wrong.

Literally who

I honestly love this part of XI which turns off a lot of people. Personally, I like that there's not just one final set I grind for and that's it, but a plethora of situational equips. It's quite the extended grind though.
I haven't tried XIV, yet. Can anyone fill me in on how endgame equips work there?

Just curious what you're using, that's all. I may post some screenshots later. Got creamed myself trying Ambuscade on Normal on my Paladin. Did Easy on my Beastmaster though

Every Job has their preferred set of gear. including the crafting jobs.

You can be grinding multiple jobs on one character so job swapping comes with set swapping.

Endgame gear in XIV is vertical progression. Basically, the next item level higher piece gives you a few more stat points your job is focused in. There gearing system for XIV is utter garbage. Especially compared to XI. XI has 75 cap gear that is still relevant and even some of the best gear even today

>double greens
>get a drop
>1k

I was getting 1k when they werent doubled from a single greens drop

what the fuck, that's super dumb

>not knowing who the most majestic man in the entirety of FF is

You don't understand how swapping gear has affected XI over time. My Paladin has a mitigation set tailored to the 2 different shields I use. I have a shield that mitigates magic damage and a different shields focusing on physical mitigation. I also have damage based set for my different weaponskills I use. This has been a key point in XI combat and game play forever.

>XI has 75 cap gear that is still relevant and even some of the best gear even today
This is what all MMOs should aspire to do, but sadly it's all about power creep.

looks like you got the short end of the stick

why wouldn't they put a cooldown on swapping gear so you actually have to put thought into what you wear for each encounter instead of switching repeatedly and covering all your bases

I thought it wasn't out yet

Because that requires Square Enix to put effort into balancing combat

Because there isn't one single gearset that can handle everything about one single encounter well when encounters are built around the idea of gearswapping.

Greetings, /ffg/. I come bearing questions not answered in the OP.

I bought FFX on steam and it just got done downloading. I've heard a few things, the first being that the remastered OST sucks major ass and I should use the original. I was told this option was in the launcher settings, but it's not there. Is it an option in game?

Second, I was told that I should get the modified exes to play in japanese w/ english audio, as the audio in english is extremely amateur for such a game and makes the story seem more like a comedy act. Would you recommend this?

I agree this would be a great idea. And that's exactly how they should have handled XIV. But that's just how the system in XI works. You can get punished for swapping gear too slowly or swapping to the wrong set, but a cooldown makes sense

Oh I see

It shouldn't have gotten that far in the first place, they should have fixed that before making all the encounter rely on it

Power creep is lame. I love the fact I have my Defending Ring in XI and that's it's a relevant piece of gear, especially since it's a level 70 ring

It's one of the key ideas of the game, not a problem.

The mistake you're making here is thinking that you would be "fixing" anything.

I actually really like the concept of it in XI but the executions is awful. Its more a lack of resouces than a fault of the game itself though. Even knowing exactly what pieces I'd need for an ideal end game set it would take as much time out of game researching how to get them than actually farming

But... but that's neither Beowulf nor Gafgarion.

Though if I had to put it up between those two, Beowulf would win, for me. His love for his wife increases his sexyness tenfold.

>english is extremely amateur for such a game and makes the story seem more like a comedy act
Can't comment on the launcher part as I don't have the PC port, but are there any that the English dub was just fine? Sure some characters were bad, but overall it was pretty good. Especially considering other JRPG dubs at the time.

Agreed. One of the best things about gearswapping is that there is always some piece if gear you aspire towards. There's always something useful for different situations

Honestly the only bad english voices are Wakka and Rikku.

Wakka comes to grow on you with his not quite jamaican accent and Rikku...

Not even the Japanese dialogue can save rikku.

It sounds like a problem to me, at least balance wise. You gotta hand it to SE though, they found out a way to make players grind for multiple gear sets concurrently.

That's sort of how XI was. It never fed you information, you had to spend a lot of time looking up where to go and what to do. A problem, but probably due to the game's age that it was such.
It literally isn't a problem.

Look at other games around the time XI came out. Look at Everquest. Everquest was a fucking chore to get through. Also, look at how Everquest's visuals gave agreed compared to XI

You likely don't think it's a problem because you're used to it. I can just imagine the bullshit a new player has to wrap their head around.

They've greatly eased how new and returning players can ease back into XI. But you would know that, wouldn't you. Since you know so much about XI

I've never played XI and reading all this gear BS isn't making me want to.

I cant stand this guy's character model design.

CHARACTER MODEL MOD WHEN!?

That's fine. To each his own.

I'll be willing to admit that Beowulf could be a semi-close second, but there's no real competing with the glorious hair of Ivalice's true hero.

>XI
>new players
Not really a thing m8, it's an old, dying game.

I legitimately wish I had his hair.

soft launch
Rolled twice, got Rydia and the gladiator dude, not rolling any more

I have the perfect replacement.

>it would take as much time out of game researching how to get them than actually farming
I very much agree, and while this isn't a very good excuse it was a very early MMORPG. It's a wonder how it's held up this long and still retains subscribers.

Simply how the game was designed which clearly isn't your cup of tea. Also from a different time when people were more willing to explore different mechanics compared to today where everything follows a common formula. It's very much a high ceiling kind of game. If it was really a problem it wouldn't have lasted as long as it has, even now. So many MMOs have been long forgotten, but XI still stands with monthly updates. It was Square's highest source of revenue for some time.

Well one thing for sure, Ultima is easier than Seifer, not that it means much since I had to rest 3 times already(once had to leave to shift abilities and gear around) but I can definetly do this

I wish I could see his hair in full HD, but remake fucking NEVEREVER

Would be slick.

Not only that. But XI is SE's most profitable FF game

the remastered face looks like someone punched his eye sockets through his skull and then pulled them back in and drew sloppy eyeliner all over the place and then flattened the whole face. it's the ugliest part of the whole remaster and we have to look at it all the god damn time.

is he literally the worst design main protagonist in FF history?

I don't think that's quite true.

If only Nooj was a main protag

is there a quit to menu option in the steam version of ffx or am i just blind as shit?

Perhaps not anymore depending on XIV's current numbers, but it was at this point:
eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-25-ff11-is-the-most-profitable-final-fantasy-ever

Even Vaan looks better than him.

engadget.com/2012/06/25/final-fantasy-xi-the-most-profitable-in-the-franchise/

Its an older article. But XIV clearly isn't the most profitable because of the initial catastrophic failure. Maybe XIII and it's spin-offs could be counted together but in still not sure it would overtake a constant revenue stream.

There's no way XIV has overtaken XI yet in terms of profit, considering they had to make essentially 2 whole games and the first one was a massive fuck up

no

Vaan and Hope exist literally as a vain attempt to recapture tidus.

Much better than Tidus. He's simply got that street rat Alladin look going on with some fantasy armor.
No one actually knows what Tidus is wearing

It's really telling now how they can afford to still make casual updates every month and keep the servers up.

I bet today it's not.

Did they confirm Gabranth in Dissidia AC?

>main protagonist in FF history
Pic unrelated?

And still look better than him.

I got him down with this team. Fagnazzo is total RNG bullshit though.