/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age and Bioware General #950

What Just Happened Edition

Previous: News:
>Daddy is gone, he left us for Beamdog
>M ASS EFFECT: ANDROMEDA leaked details
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1144160
>The White March – Part 2, the second expansion to Pillars of Eternity, was released on February 16, 2016 (IT'S HERE)
>Obsidian is working on Tyranny, a fantasy RPG where you're the bad guy - should be out later this year
>Curry Thunder still not fired

Dragon Age Shit:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/sLhvksnE
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/UFaZuPsv

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Posting relevant content and keeping the thread alive!

>Yar I'm a piratefag, help me break the law!
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzqpBc4MrAMXY0h3NGh1dVduYmc/view
daitools.freeforums.org/save-game-editor-t421.html

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to get comfy!
Too bad, you don't deserve to get comfy

Friendly reminder to leave while you still can

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
forum.bioware.com/topic/572513-greg-ellis-missing/
youtube.com/watch?v=flszuT3ROdo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Seriously though did the thread get deleted? I've never seen a thread get pruned on Veeky Forums after 30 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

We're sorry, we can't figure out how to calm him down.

Oh wow, this is some supreme autism

don't die please i don't want to go back to /meg/

Why not
Same shit

go look at /meg/ right now

Okay. It's the same shit with different looking pictures

did you fail to notice the tripfags and other assorted cancer

Solascancer might as well be a tripfag. Worse than swampbeast posting.

>worse than swampbeast posting
Let's not get ahead of ourselves

meant to quote
But we are only 2 people here anyway right

There's at least as many semi-regular /dag/ posters as there are /meg/ postere

Okay, 3. 4-1 because I had to reset my IP earlier.
3-1 now because I'm off for now. Bump on your own or w/e idc lol

thanks for helping me hold the fort down bud

i've got this open in a tab, just haven't been postin

not drunk enough yet

sipping on a bottle of water right now

VERY lewd

>mfw just finished the game

Solas, what the fuck.

I hope you at least punched him

Hello, Other General!

I come from /ink/ as an ambassador. Maybe you saw the spam, we are sorry and were hoping to do things more civilized now. We like to draw pictures of NSFW animals fucking eachother with tenticles. I believe this should be allowed on Veeky Forums.

If you want to come voice your opinion, or just to r8 our art m8, visit us at We hope to hear from u!!!

didn't find the option ayyy

You have to treat him like shit the whole game

muthafucking cole appreciation post

Man, DAII was aesthetically pleasing as fuck.

After DAI I wanted to go back to DAO as I didnt play Awakening and Witch Hunt but still DAII is somehow easier to pick up somehow.

it wasn't our fault this time at least...

you know I was going to say something along the lines of "man get ready to get blown the fuck up by people talking about DA2's shitty textures" but then I realized there's no one left to do it.

DA2 really cuts alot of corners but I also mostly like the look of it. looking out into the sea from the wounded coast is one of my favorite bits. the assets are kinda shit but I think they're at least assembled quite well.

same thing with all the cut&paste architecture re-use. it's too bad they didn't have more time to make more unique locations, but they way they shuffle them around to make "new" places is quite clever at times. I always take a moment and go "oh neat" when I realize I went through a 'new' area that was just one of the standard areas but flipped around, but they disguised it well enough that I didn't notice instantly.

Would've been a promising game if fleshed out better with more time. Shit, if only it had the whole Free Marches. I miss big, lose yourself kinda cities in DA.

hey guys what's been going on while I've been away?

I actually didn't mind the shift to "it's just this city and surrounding area but it changes over time" concept, it fits with the smaller scope of the story (i feel it would have been a bit contrived to go "well, the blight's over, let's try to conveniently figure out another catastrophe on that same scale right away") and would probably have just devolved into a shittier version of DA:O instead of at least being its own thing.

I think the best version of both would have been for kirkwall to be like a considerably larger version of denerim. i think it'd make sense that a city-state could be larger than a captial of a whole nation because it basically IS it's whole nation. so not a whole countryside like DA:O but still a big playground in which to play out the game's events.

Someone was spamming Veeky Forums with threads, so we 404ed really quickly

I'm glad to see that /ink/ is back. I don't give a fuck about squids now or kids now but for awhile there it seemed like the mods were just gonna let some fag go "i arbitrarily want to destroy a general" and get away with it.

>treating solas like shit
I'm glad they didn't
he is fragile like egg

well that sure is shitty. autism is one hell of a drug

heh, I unwittingly caught the Arishok costanza.jpg'ing

is there anyone in DA:I at sten or arishok qunari-badass tier?

I can't believe Cullen's VA is dead

>Cullen's VA is dead
what

Missing since last Wednesday

forum.bioware.com/topic/572513-greg-ellis-missing/

What do you guys know about Magekiller? I'm confused. Is it a comic series, a book series? Is it only in English?

Not that I don't understand it heh

Holy shit
He voiced this guy too apparently, as well as Anders in Awakening

>Confirmed with Missing Person Units for LAPD: Jonny Rees, Case#: 161511285
>Rees was last seen Wed. at 2:15pm, considered missing, contact Detective Palmer

um......

Yeah, RIP

oh god somehow by flirting with isabela once she's now stunlocked me into fucking her. all of these options are hearts! STAY BACK YOU HARPY

i don't actually mind her but she's definitely not my waifu and I'd rather have her hook up with fenris later

Will they kill Cullen off or change his VA? He's been in literally every DA game so far

It's been ages since I've played awakening so I never really noticed the difference, but it seems odd that they would switch to a new VA for anders when they still had access to the original one.

Maybe they wanted to really emphasize his transformation into a whiny prick

Killed offscreen I hope. He's been around too long anyway

haha, christ
how do you just lose a voice actor?

>they decide to keep him around for the cullenites
>instead make him get captured by rogue mages who remove his tongue

You're hired

I he's probably just stuck between the couch cushions. I remember one time they found adam jensen's voice actor after like a week, turns out he rolled underneath the fridge.

Cullen got endings in Trespasser so bringing him back for DA4 would REALLY be pushing it.

Apparently he has mental health issues so maybe he forgot his meds or something.

It's not like they're chained up in the bioware dungeon. Voice actors are people with lives who go places and work on other projects

>adam jensen's voice actor
youtube.com/watch?v=flszuT3ROdo
he's so based
same with mark meer

>forgot his meds or something
Oh no...I knew I should have told him to stop taking lyrium

>inb4 a crazy cullen hater tracked him down and killed him

I want Bela to stunlock me irl with her thighs

rad. I recently started watching this show "lost girl" and during one of the eps, your average "mook of the week" character suddenly sounds way too fucking cool, and it turns out it was elias toufexis. it's weird, he looks kinda like frodo except a bit more manly.

Was it a rogue solaswife?

>It's not like they're chained up in the bioware dungeon.
I bet meer is. as per his contract. which he specifically requested.

more like eym i'd think

>lyrium; not even once

>rogue
Any true solaswife would do the same thing.
The "rogues" are the ones who are content NOT to kidnap and murder voice actors

I finally decided to pick up DA:I. I liked DA2 more than DA1.

What am I in for?

Pretty grafix and greasy faces

so far the graphics are pretty, the faces are greasy, so that checks out

but why does my character move like they have a stick up their butt? they aren't some kind of sick pervert who would do that are they?

Your character has a hardon for Cassandra

>What am I in for?
pic related

It's kind of like looking at DA2 through the wrong end of a pair of binoculars

since we're on the subject of voice actors, who's your favorite

>bioware specific VA
>western VA of any kind (cartoons/games/whatever)
>weeb VA if applicable

for me it's

>claudia black: yes, I will join you in your tent aeryn sun
now that I think about it DA:O was pretty scifi-actor heavy. we've got aeryn sun, captain janeway, tuvok, i think there were one or two others that I can't get off the top of my head
>rene auberjonois i.e. Odo on deep space nine or more relevantly to vidya Janos Audron in the legacy of kain series / Mr House in new vegas
>Jouji Nakata, Alucard in Hellsing / Folken in Escaflowne / motherfucker is in like every anime ever.

So do you guys try different romances when you replay BW games? I can't stop myself from picking the same fucking girls every time

Ali Hillis
Whoever voice-acted Joshua Graham in New Vegas

>Joshua Graham
>Whoever voice-acted Joshua Graham in New Vegas
heh, in looking it up he coincidentally also is the voice of Harbinger

Quintin Flynn and Laura Bailey

Also I liked the voice of Shiva of the East from Dark Souls. No idea who that was though

I've mostly only seen pictures of solas, but he seems much more normal looking than DA2 elves. is that JUST him, or did they actually back down on the whole "AYY LMAO" elf look they went with for DA2 in DA:I

well that's good then

now that I think about it, was Sten from origins actually a "racial" qunari and then they just decided to retcon how they look, or was he just a big human who was 'qunari' because he follows the qun?

retcon

There was some reason for Sten looking quite different IIRC, he explains it in DA:O. I don't remember what it was

i figured
hmm, sounds interesting if true. maybe i'll run into it on my inevitable next playthrough.

Cullenites took him desu

actually, on the subject of the qunari, is it established anywhere that they actually have personal names? in DA:O and 2 you only ever hear ranks / positions, never a personal name, at least as far as I recall. does DA:I or one of the books get into this? I've heard of iron bull in DA:I but that still sounds like a nickname or a title earned by action (like 'the champion') rather than an actual name. I would assume they do but i could also see the Qun saying "you're just part of the whole, why would each blood cell in the body need it's own name?"

>ywn mindbreak Greg Ellis until he becomes like Cullen in Broken Circle

>NO, STAY BACK, I WONT BECOME YOUR HUSBANDO

my first assumption would just be that they don't share their real names with filthy BAS, except for the fact that you still don't get sten's real name (if he has one) or the Arishok's despite them gaining tremendous respect for you. the arishok at least formally names you basalit'an, i forget if sten does the same but it's clear he also thinks you worthy. so why not tell hawke/the warden their name if they have one.

Absolutely nothing of note
So fuck off to /meg/ like we've been asking you to? Good god
Play Trespasser too before finalizing your opinions
>I'm glad they didn't he is fragile like egg
Tough on the outside, mushy on the inside?
Rip in fucking piss
>I liked DA2 more than DA1
Shit taste detected. DAI is more like ME games than DA2 though
>bioware specific VA
Gareth David-Lloyd, of course
>western VA of any kind (cartoons/games/whatever)
Simon Templeman
>weeb VA if applicable
N/A

>Rip in fucking piss
Genuine autism

>you still don't get sten's real name (if he has one)
He says it would be "too difficult for the warden to pronounce", but it's not clear if he's talking about his actual name or his qun name

I want to be his desire demon so fucking bad

literally who cares, if they accept trannies i'm sure they'd let you call yourself whatever you want

>Simon Templeman
my niggah. now that I think about it, him, michael bell, and tony jay all beat out rene (sorry odo) on my list.

rip in peace tony, there will never be a cooler elder god than you

Vampire: Bloodlines was his only role that didn't make me want to mute my speakers, and I think nothing good about him as a person after the whole "making your underage cullenites doxx a former cullenite", so you'll get no sympathy from me

>making your underage cullenites doxx a former cullenite
what are you rambling about

>michael bell
Reminder that he voiced this fruitcake
Old drama on twitter