members.jcom.home.ne.jp/sss-3/shin2/shin2_bug.html
detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1347338358
第三避難所.jp/archives/ps_shin.html
youtube.com/watch?v=oGEzqWGp2WA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't wanna try to fight this love.

How dangerous can it be?

I know the odds are so unfavorable

PS EBOOT of SMT2 for PSP from PD. Hopefully, it's the good version with fixed bugs.

mediafire.com/?r4xtrr384dalv3x

Hoy.

That is some top quality Hoy.

I rate it a 10 out of 10.

Friendly reminder to just hide the stupid spam.

Taking it seriously just makes you look like a fool.

Good news, I was able to convert it to a format bootable by PCSX-R.

Bad news, it's the fucking white text version.

FUCKING ATLUS rereleased the buggy version on PSN even though there's a fixed version they could have used instead.

Sometime ago someone said giving points to ST in SMT IV was useless and it was best to dump them in DX. But I don't feel normal attacks are getting better.

Jesus, now I'm worried my physical copy is a shitty version.

That's because they don't.

DEX affects your gun damage and physical skills.

I think they lied to you.

Tracking down most of the JP region games isn't too bad price-wise though, right? I really like the box art for most of them. I can see myself with an extended shelf of Megaten shenanigans in the future.

You can tell by whether or not the text that says "PRESS ANY BUTTON" on the menu screen is white or gold/yellow.

If it is gold/yellow please, for the love of god, make a disc image and upload it via mega or something so we can finally have the fixed version readily available.

FUCKING ATLUS rereleased the buggy version on PSN
ONE JOB

>Veeky Forums was raided
>/smtg/ actually survived
I'm proud of you, you seem to have dumped some points into VIT.

I wish I was here when SH released on the 3DS.

I'm looking at ebay and unfortunately it looks like most resellers have cottoned onto the fact that there's a good version and a bad version and are charging a premium for the good version. Maybe when I get my paycheck, if doesn't have the good version, I'll take one for the team, buy it, make an iso, and upload it.

?

I'd have to see a white for comparison.

Out of curiosity, where did you get this eboot? It doesn't look like an officially released one (they usually have an icon and a background, this one just displays as a generic Psone icon), which means there's still the possibility that the officially released one is the real deal if someone has a japanese PSN account and 1000 yen lying around.

Eh? Veeky Forums was raided? Such is the general of peace.

Do you want me to upload the other version I found on PD? I don't think bug fixes should be in a separate file, but there's a .SUB file in the archive with the main .CCD image.

There is also slight difference on the box. Pic related (fixed version is the bottom one).

And here's an LP of the fiexed version:
youtube.com/watch?v=hBpP5qUWI2k

Holy shit.

I think that's it.

Let me get a screen of mine for comparison.

Perfect Dark

Can you upload this one, user? Please?

Yeah, no doubt about it, that's the good version. Could you please upload that to mega or mediafire for us?

I'm working on ripping an .ISO.
The disk isn't in the greatest of shape, so bear with it if it's not perfect.

Use this guide if you're having trouble emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Ripping_Games

I've got the ISO uploading to MEGA and should be done in a few minutes. I know Bin/Cue is pretty common as well, but I'll try that again some other time if it's an issue. The rip seems to work fine for me.

Ok, here you go fags. Don't say I never did anything for you and tell me if it like, fucks up and crashes.

mega.nz/#!eJNhgayb!rEg7BcTEXLb6HYXgaPsV_6PGJM-OCTkJoMHe3gIaKq8

I wish you had done it bin/cue because then every emulator (namely mednafen) can work with it, but oh well, I can probably convert it.

I'm probably going to put together a little database of various downloads, probably with all the PSX remakes as well as Giten Megami Tensei, which is quite difficult to find. Any opinions of what I should use? I was thinking Mega or Google Drive.

I wish I hadn't been smoking so much weed that I became mentally unbalanced when it came out. Same for IV which I'm finally getting to. I was looking forward to SH for years and I haven't had the opportunity to get into it even though I had plenty of time at release. Whatever, its time is on the horizon for me.

Also props to everyone working together in the general to set each other up with corrected ROM sets and work on translations and shit. I gotta say, everyone's been pretty productive between hoys. I swear I'll figure out some cool shit to hack for you guys in the future.

Sorry senpai. I'm busy tomorrow but I'll take another stab at it for a bin/cue version. Just test it out for me I guess.

I think mega would be the best option

Did anyone else have trouble with this guy on hard mode? He hits like a truck even with full rakukaja, sukunda doesn't work and all the demons with makarakarn/tetrakarn that I find are too slow to cast it before he hits. This is one of the hardest bosses that I've fought in the entire series desu.

Many thanks, user. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

>no restarting music
>backwards compatible with vanilla version save files
Now I am finally prepared for Kongokai and bonus dungeons.

This is going down in my /smtg/ contributions alongside bug-testing the Orden patch, making the original hoy images, and compiling data for making Debisama guide pics.

Thank you a bunch, don't worry about doing a bin/cue rip, I was able to do that part just fine.

Here's a magnet link for Giten:

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b664d6c3931471acf80e5f83dac5d17b87a3bf08&dn=Giten%20-%20Megami%20Tensei_%e5%81%bd%e5%85%b8%e3%83%bb%e5%a5%b3%e7%a5%9e%e8%bb%a2%e7%94%9f.7z&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337

I lost the original page where I found the torrent but I might be the only seeder at the moment. Let me know if you find the CPU speed timing fix, since I can't find it for the life of me.

Here's the PC-98 version of Giten:
mediafire.com/download/xax714d59ivk7u5

Did you get it from rutracker? That's where I found it.

/smtg/ strongest comfy general

Sorry but I can't help because I didn't struggle that much with him. I only died once and beat him the second try.

But there's a trick. The path which you took with Naomi determined what will be Manitou's attacks and weaknesses.

youtube.com/watch?v=k3kbRe_AEIw

Motivate me, /smtg/. Motivate me to finish summarizing.

So it would seem. I managed to load the ISO and get it running, but at the end of one of the dialogues the game seems to hang. Not sure what the solution is.

Before you can crush a rock with your bare hand, you must summarize.

Will you upload it all later?

It's already uploaded to a pastebin that I update after each post. I think it's in the download bin, but if not: pastebin.com/F6dn4Pj0.

There is PCem, which is designed to emulate old 386/486/Pentium hardware without the complications (like stuff running too fast) that comes with running it on modern hardware or in a conventional virtual machine.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PCem

I'm trying to get the iso of the psx SMT II to work, so i downloaded epsxe for linux, a bios, and the iso. I load it up, but the sound isn't right, so I download pete's sound plugin. but where do I put the files from it? I can't seem to get epsxe to realize there's a plugin, no guides I looked up really say where exactly the files. I checked the pete spu readme and it said to put the .so in a plugin folder and the two other files in a cfg folder, which didn't work.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Recommended_PSX_Plugins

Try eternal SPU maybe?

Alternatively there's mednafen, which requires some patience to get working but will run almost anything you throw at it flawlessly once you do.

no, it's not that pete's is doing anything wrong, it's just that it isn't appearing in dropdown config->sound menu. I figure I must be putting things in the wrong directories or something

nevermind, switched to pcsx which seems to work fine

Post underrated gems
youtube.com/watch?v=omOiHom-rpw

The OST from the SegaCD version of SMT1 is hit or miss but I like this track. youtube.com/watch?v=ezENUGEKW0A

youtube.com/watch?v=xhqz97a4jqU

Mega CD version also has the best remix of Shitennou Mansion. Too bad you can't hear enough of it in-game though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nlmnwve-i2k

Do you guys know a place where I can find art for all the demons? Like individually as separate pictures similar to this one? There doesn't seem to be any in the OP, unless they're inside the Artbook section.

Is this just wishful thinking on my part?

the wiki, i guess

There's a few folders that have pretty much every demon in it as separate pictures, but if you only want a few specific demons you'll have to either delete the rest or get them from the wiki or something.

Guess I can try collecting them individually then.

This is going to take awhile to download them all though, is it the Pandemonium folder?

No, I don't think it is...
It should be "Kaneko works" but I'm not sure where I got it from now. I can't seem to find it in the pastebin.
Sorry. I'll look around some more.

Those are in the other section user, I just didn't know what it was.

Thank you for the help.

Maybe I should sleep after all.

Maybe you should user.

Goodnight if you are.

But the day just started, user.

Good morning then? Have fun sleeping all day?.

This Kaneko Works thing is exactly what I wanted, thanks again.

>FUCKING ATLUS rereleased the buggy version on PSN even though there's a fixed version they could have used instead.
What are the bugs?

chris2second.web.fc2.com/syuusei.html

Thanks for the link but either I'm blind or there's just the differences between the SFC version and fixed PS version listed, and the new bugs in the fixed version.

Found a list with the bugs from the normal PS version: members.jcom.home.ne.jp/sss-3/shin2/shin2_bug.html
I can't remember any of those happening to me though.

Also detail.chiebukuro.yahoo.co.jp/qa/question_detail/q1347338358
第三避難所.jp/archives/ps_shin.html

So I just checked the PSN version, the PRESS ANY BUTTON slowly changes its color from white to gold and back again. Don't know if that's what you guys mean with the gold text version.

If you want to support Atlus, don't worry and buy the PSN versions of the games. I've played them and don't remember encountering any bugs. (The dungeon music in II sometimes takes a while until it starts though, don't know if that's in the other versions too)
I was pretty sure that they weren't so retarded that they sell a version full of bugs on the PSN when they've fixed it already. I mean the work is already done, so why the hell would they offer the worse version, pretty sure they don't hate money.

Hoy.

SMT x Nekojiru

SMT x PSO2

Hoy.

>IV is 2D and rehash of the 2D I
>Final is 2D and rehash of the 2D II
Are you ready for V, also known as Nocturne 2?

Is there an easy way to level up in the first Raidou Kuzunoha?

I never played a Pokemon game. For someone that enjoys the demon collection aspect of SMT can someone explain in broad strokes how pokemon is different? Not the whole gameplay just the catching and collecting aspect. I understand that in pokemon you generally commit to a few pokemon and use them throughout the entire game so most pokemon are caught only for completing the compendium, is that correct?

>Not the whole gameplay just the catching and collecting aspect.
You go to an area where the pokemon is a random encounter, run around in the grass until you find the pokemon, use mean look to prevent it from running away if it's one of those pokemon that does that then false swipe it to low health. After that, throw pokeballs until you get lucky and it's yours. Sometimes if you're lucky you can just go to where the pokemon spawns as a scripted event instead.

And yes, you generally commit to a team of 6 pokemon you like for main game or a team of 6 you created by riding a bike in circles for hours for competitive. Rest of the shit is for completionism, sometimes that completionism gets you cool shit, like a way to make finding a palette swap easier. Getting said palette swaps have chances ranging from shit like 1/64 to 1/8000 of appearing depending on game and method. Have fun.

t. Pokefag

Are all pokemon viable? What I like about SMT is that each demon is useful for something, even if just for fusing. It gives purpose for the collection.

Not for competitive, main game is piss easy though. Whether or not a pokemon is a shitmon or not depends on things like moveset, typing, ability, and stats. I'm tired and might be forgetting something.

In-game, all pokemon are viable, as long as you level them enough (which is not that frustrating). There is little strategical challenge in the game (without multiplayer). There are optional single player "game modes" (Such as the Battle Tower) which are more 'competive', which offer an actual challenge. In that part, as well as "competive" multiplayer, there are only few pokemon that are viable if you allow every pokemon to compete. Places like smogon.com and pokemon showdown resolve this issue by having an elaborate tier system, such that for pretty much every pokemon, there is a tier where they are viable. However, these places 'break' from the regular game by pretty much removing collecting and training of the pokemon.

t. another Pokefag

All pokemon are viable main game because the game is pretty easy within itself. The only challenging battles you come across is the Battle Havens that you unlock around post game. Its a huge rock-paper-scissors battle.

As long as we get the 3D character models showing our weapons on them, I'll be very happy. Who am I kidding? I'll be overjoyed the day we get SMT V no matter what.

Anyone brought these DDS novels? are they good?

If you mean Digital Devil Saga, everyone posting about Volume 1 wants Volume 2 to come out.

The first volume came out more than a year ago, did they said something about the second one?

L-lewd
The translator had definitely been working on it but we have no idea when it'll be published.

Meant for

HEY GUYS
YOU GUYS
LISTEN TO THIS
TO THIS
HEY GUYS
TO THIS AMAZING
TO THIS AMAZING IDEA OF MINE:
Demi Fiend on Pixie doujins

Do it

Nah.

>Rip and tear

I don't need to be a rocket scientist to know to avoid that doujin.

Sauce.

And here comes the first one to step forward.

I found nothing on google, what is it?

Megami Tensei II OST is amazing! youtube.com/watch?v=oGEzqWGp2WA