/civ4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Stategy General

Extremely lazily made OP edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/humanity-matriarchal-in-stellaris.930689/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

About goddamn time.

pls buy dlc

WHAT DO WE WANT? EQUAL RIGHTS! WHEN DO WE WANT IT? NOW!

Every time.

And this time I halved the amount of empires in the galaxy, too.

Decided to take a break from my crusade and try something more peaceful
How does it look?

>not wormhole
You have no one to blame but yourself.

>They're regarded as a single entity and thus the entire "swarm" gets destroyed in a single hit
You know, I get that this is Paradox's first dip in to regular 4x strategy, but this shit is really just another level of stupid.

Has any tested to see if the even work mechanically, they still could be doing damage even if the graphics don't match up.

back down the mines cucky

Yes, I will buy it all with a 100% discount. Thanks fäm.

ew

As if. Everything is now pirate city.

wormholes will be nerfed so hard

very kawaii sempai.

>civ general is ded and now everyone's talking about Johann's latest cash grab
Time to kill myself laddos

What you'll get is a pleasure module installed right up your butt.

>Why yes, I always play fanatic materialist

Why, if the range is nerfed warp would be the new king because you can stop wormholes. Only point then would be jump drives.

neat rewards, i picked the other option and got some "warrior empire edict" only problem is that it doesn't appear in the empire or the planet edicts list.

bug?

You wanna talk about that piece of shit mobile game Firaxis is making? Yeah naw.

...How hard is it to create a new research?

Don't use hyperlanes on 4 arm spirals, it's too easy to get locked in. Elliptical is best for hyperlanes, 2 arms is doable, but on 4 arm you're just handicapping yourself.

How do you get rid of a Scourge world? I can't land armies on it, as it's uninhabitable, so now it's just at 0 fortifications forever. Do I need to kill every single Prethoryn before they go away?

i can't convince any of Ayys for one-sided migration so i'll ask, when Pop migrates do i get to control them to some extend? And when enough Pop settles on Ayys planet can they annex it?

>Playing Spider people
>Be nice though
>Scouting universe making money
>SUDDENLY 1K ENEMY FLEET FROM NO WHERE
>NEXT TURN MEET FANATIC PURIFIERS!

So its basically imposible to do anything other than just build more and more ships.

the worst part of distant worlds is when everyone has conglomorated into a few large empires and nobody wants to make a move on each other so you just sit there awkwardly managing diplomacy and looking at spreadsheets

>make an indirect democracy of long lived bros
>immediate neighbor is filthy despots
>neighbor behind him is gracious democratic spiritualists
>make friends but I took hyperlanes so I can't directly get to them
>make contact with fanatical purifiers next to my new friends
>oshit
>they declare war on them
>I can't get any fleets to them because the despots are in my way and won't allow passage
>declare war on them to liberate their planets and get to my ally
>by the time I finally win the war my friend has been purged
>also they're still using one of my 3 embassy slots even though the race is now extinct

Well I got two shitty frozen worlds with a population that hates me on it. Only had to spend all of my influence to get them to stop sabotaging their own food supplies. These fanatical purgers are gonna be a problem though, they're really massive and I have a pretty shit navy, and I only control 6 mostly underdeveloped planets. Which I now need to make a sector out of.

you lied to me you fags sectors actually upgrade their capitol buildings even though it costs influence

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/humanity-matriarchal-in-stellaris.930689/
>Just because the traditional assumption has been "males as default for almost everything" doesn't mean it always has to be. In fact, women outnumber men so in a future egalitarian society it would make sense.
redpill vs. paradrones. who will win?

Might just be a modifier.

One thing I don't get:

Lasers are good against armor
Missiles are good against shields
What the fuck are mass drivers good against? they don't seem to fit any role.

>Trying out WH40k cosmetic mod
>Imperium of Man obviously
>Suddenly ayyliums
>Oh wait it's another bunch of humans
>Suddenly another ayylium sandwiching me with nearly no escape
>Oh shit necrons
>Check them
>Individualists + Fanatic pacifists
>They got sandwiched between me and ANOTHER human emipre
>Bumrush them, conquer them
>They start protesting and generally being space niggers by tearing down their own buildings
>Purge them to extinction
>My emperor dies
>Replaced by that wig dude that's supposedly a woman

I don't think the 40k mod was very thorough in what it did

>HTT
>not even one of the Keions

How does one beat the Unbidden?

>when Pop migrates do i get to control them to some extend?
well yeah it's your pops, they're just ayys

>And when enough Pop settles on Ayys planet can they annex it?
Don't think so, at most you could get some faction that want integration with the other empires but factions aren't a threat

They can't kill you if you're already dead.

>respectfully disagree
*nods respectfully

fire rate

if you use the aggressive AI stance and a fire rate admiral with mass drivers you can shoot over 9000 times a second while lasers and missles are slower

I'd be happy with a mod that just removes all the black portraits.

If I get one more Chinese nigger scientist, I'm going to scream.

>all that mansplaining in the thread

good g*d the grand strategy community is bigoted

Mass drivers are good against people who go PD heavy, also mass drivers can ignore shields, and Kinetic artillery has the longest range in the game.

I downloaded that steam mod that lets you control 995 planets without any modifiers, saved and quit.
Now when I reload the save none of my mods are working so I'm over the planet limit.

Is there a fix for this? When I quit and reopen the mod menu all the mods are still selected, but loading in they just don't work.

But I wanted to play an empire that quickly and aggressively researches and maps out the universe.

>play xenophobe/militarist empire
>100% tolerance towards alien slavery
>my pops begin diverging and if they lose xenophobia they begin hating the empire
>enslave aliens to finally make use of my bonuses
>the aliens i enslave happen to be individualists and have 0% happiness forever ruining production
>my alien loving pops dislike this greatly
>decide it's not worth it to even keep the enslaved aliens
>purge them
>alien empires get -100 from genocide and gang rape me in multiple wars
>I'm giving up passive tech bonuses from materialist which have to be the most OP and necessary thing in the game to have when the big number lategame techs/pops start rolling around.

I don't get it, what's the point?

I literally just colonized some worlds between two stagnant empires hoping they'll bear the brunt of it if I lose my homeworld.

All I can think of is gathering all my fleets in one spot before they reach my borders and then going on a suicide run up to their wormhole thingy. I can't do it right now because the fags next to me are my enemy and we've always been at war. I have to wait until they're mostly dead so I can cut through their space.

you might be right

might be this agenda thing, but that seems like it would be the rulers agenda

If you mean your species going to another empire's planet, then no you dont have any control over them. However if their values are radically different they might create a rebel group at some point, you still wont control it though.

>well yeah it's your pops, they're just ayys
No i mean when my pop migrates to Ayy empire, can i control them?

Fuck man I genuinely laughed.

Oh, nevermind, apparently it's literally bugged and doesn't work. It's supposed to stop being a scourge planet once I get the fortifications down to zero.

Thanks, Paradox.

Lasers are good against shields and armor, depending on what laser it is. Mass drivers have higher raw dps. This would matter if you didn't know what you were fighting, but every single AI will always go shields for defense.

Hyperlanes are literally the worst FTL for that. No matter what galaxy type you pick, you will eventually get locked in by other empires or gaps in the network. If you want to explore the galaxy easily, warp is the best option on any map type.

Yep.

Starting my first game excited as fuck

Elliptical
Spiral (2 arms)
Spiral (4 arms)
or Ring?

I'm impatient

Nah, agenda's are something oligarchic leaders get, gives you bonus to something for as long as they're in power, it might just be bugged.

posted on /v/, might as well post it here too

>Start as a small pacifist, materialist nation on a jungle planet.
> Sit on one of the most resource rich areas of the galaxy
>immediately start making mines and gathering resources
> become reasonably wealthy and start contacting other space farring civilizations
> Become even wealthier by trading some unique resources with them, becoming an essential economic partner to half the galaxy
>Start colonizing
> after a few colonies, find a planet inhabited by a primitive tribal race
> set up a private colony
> natives get brutally slaughtered and enslaved, profit greatly from their slavery and the planet's

resources.

mfw

I've essentially become space-bird Leopold II

(penis)ring

So I'm not sure if my game glitched. I completed the technology for Battleships but I don't have the option to build or even design a battleship.

Am i missing something?

By the way, does anyone know how to use the Scourge Queen to make units? Or is that bugged, too?

Nope, you lose control of a pop once it moves out of your empire, though theoretically if their ethics are different enough from their new overlords they could rebel.

>greentexting retard on the last page
every. single. time

CiV?

I can't wait to utilize this lot in Tomb Worlds. That tech output bonus.

I'm using a custom name list but only half of my leaders have names. What gives? It's like pic related with governors, generals and scientists too.

you need to upgrade your spaceport first iirc

Just fuck my empire up senpai

How many AI empires should i start with?

VI just got announced the other day, haven't you been paying attention. Looks like a mobile game through and through.

>nigger in charge of engineering
WE

>superior to organics in most respects
What could possibly go wrong?

Who /REPTILE/ here?

LIKE TO POST THIS SHITTY MEME OVER AND OVER

Guys seriously which mode am I supposed to go with?

I heard elliptical is really simple and boring, so one of the spirals?

R I N G
I
N
G

Looks like WoW.

Elliptical is perfectly fine for your first game.

>mfw some people still have not modded them out.

>some of my POPs randomly get the Empire +10% mineral bonus despite me not being an Empire and them not being slaves
Huh

>be an aggressive genocidal slaving dictatorship

feels good man

2 arm is best IMO

Why don't my mods work when I reload a saved game?

The features they listed looks promising though. I'm intrigued to see what they do with diplomacy

It's really, really easy to mod them out user. It just takes a few minutes to do and you'll never have to see filthy dumb nigger scum in your space empire ever again. :3

alright then, how many advanced starts should i use

>enslaving funguys

I'm sure everything will go just right as long as I keep them in specific isolated worlds. Absolutely nothing can go wrong.

Just because the average IQ for a black person is around 80-85 doesn't mean that there aren't blacks on the high end of the curve.

oh my god that's actually what 6 looks like? i assumed that was a screenshot of a shitty mobile game

>furryshit declares war on me for no good reason
>dedicate all my resources to fucking them up
>intense battle ensues and I conquer them
>demolish all their buildings, disassemble all their robots and purge every single one of them down to the last
>purged them so good I basically return all their planets to their natural state
>white knight xenophile turtle faggot sees this and doesn't like it
>eventually declares war on me
>dedicate all my resources to waging war on them
>demolish all their buildings, disassemble all their robots and purge every one of them etc etc.
>their neighbors see me as a threat and declare war on me

Do these niggers never learn? I'm not even hostile towards them

is it good yet

any mods that dramatically improve AI or anything?

So guys, Endless Legend or Stellaris?

how then?

Just got this game. I basically never play any kind of strategy games ever so it's a little daunting.

Anyway whats the best thing to know or understand going into the game? If you could give your past self starting advice what would it be?

Not with standing spoon feeding, are there any good starting guides?

help

It's just ridiculous. I wouldn't mind black portraits if they matched the names.

But no, Paradox and Johan think its fucking hilarious to have "Zhang Xiu" be a black as midnight Shaniqua, or my personal favorite, an obviously light-haired white man with "M'kwambe Click Clak Cluk".

I always maximize them