google.com/
stellariswiki.com/Console_commands
store.steampowered.com/app/281990/
stellariswiki.com/Space_warfare
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682090850
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pls answer

be equal
AI is fucking stupid. I just flew around their vastly superior fleets and blew up their stations/planets.

Then they surrendered

dont even worry about it bud. Just tell the teacher.

>tfw never going to get jump drives so I can ditch hyperspace
Really the only reason I kept playing so long was I just wanted to see what they were like.

In the diplo screen you can hover over their relative strength compared to you.
It's very vague and there are a lot more variables to consider, but if they are inferior to you then you should be fine.

Early game can be all or nothing with no chance to rebuild and fight a second big battle of the war, so I'd wait until it said their fleet was inferior to mine.

Even if you are slightly stronger than them, be wary of fighting near their starport if you can't avoid it.
They don't seem to do too much damage, but it can provide quite a lot of tank for a fleet.

>how do I invade / conquer primitive world's if I'm not xenophobic?
>also, what if I want to keep them around on their own, but still want to benefit from them? Enlighten them, then declare war, but don't invade, instead wait to make them vassal?

> Start my next game as direct democracy of individualist xenophile materalists.
> My spiral arm neighbours that almost completely box me in are a collectivist despotic hegemony and collectivist plutocratic oligarchy. At least they're both materialists.
> The plutocrats's neihbour is a fanatic xenophobe spiritualist military republic - fanatical purifiers that is -1000 opinion all around.
> The purifiers's near neihgbour is a fanatic xenophobe spiritualist theocratic oligarchy, also fanatical purifiers.
> Sandwhiched between the purifiers is a xenophobe militarist materialist indirect democracy.

Welp, I guess I'll have to express my xenophilia and respect for the individual down the barrel of a laser cannon. At least with the two purifiers close to each other, I'm guessing there's gonna be some popcorn time when they go purifying each other.

Could someone who owns the game please share this mod with me? steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682724602 I need to play space commies now, it's most urgent and my salary isn't due for another week.

It was literally the other way around for me, except I just booted up another game to test them like a sane person.

With interference policies you can illuminati secret lizard people them. Provided they're primitive to at least the industrial era.

Hello fellow hyperspace parrot.

Sounds like one of those "mirror universe" Star Trek plots.

What are some good starting tips for a restart? From what i've read here Wormhole FTL is a must.

I've picked Intelligent, Nomad, and the Science Directorate as govt with Fanatic Materislistic and Collectivist for purges.

The point of Large weapons isn't to be efficient, they're like shields. Every fight you have your Large weapons will pick off some enemies and reduce the total damage you take in an engagement as a result, just like Shields will absorb some damage from each engagement. If your BB dies in a single engagement it's a horrible investment, and that's why you should never try to build BBs and shields when fighting off a stronger enemy. They're for securing your dominance, not turning the tides.

Corvettes are the most efficient ships by far, but they'll also always produce mediocre victories. They don't have high HP or shield capacity, meaning you'll always lose ships rather than take repairable damage, they don't have range to neutralize enemies before they can damage your fleet. A pure Corvette fleet is theoretically very powerful, however it will be prone to getting whittled down over the long term.

Here's the real question: How good/shitty should your fodder corvettes actually be? I would say that having enough corvettes in your fleet to soak damage should be a top priority, however actually upgrading them should be at the very bottom of your priority list, below reaching your Fleet Cap and fully upgrading all your larger ships. The Corvette's primary function is to eat enemy shots and the cheaper they are the better they do it.

>not even copy-pasting the op

Go fuck yourself desu

>Wasting points on Nomad
Why?

youtube.com/watch?v=BAKZUHUIixU

Apparently someone else in my federation has jump drives and psi drives.
Maybe only one person in the game can learn red techs?

Did someone make a mod yet that allows playing as humans based on skincolor alone?

Only a million

>Not playing as slow learner quick breeder adaptive WE WUZ KANGz

Has someone a download link to the 48 colors mod?
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=681787759

Late game I'm all for converting vettes into screens that soak up damage. If you got multiple fronts to watch then maybe that's a bad idea because you're splitting their effectiveness by not being able to mass them right, so maybe giving them some punch is better?

Pretty sure this isn't the case. As I think the Robutt rebellion only spreads to those who have researched the sapient AI tech, which is a red tech that triggers the possibility of the rebellion.

What's the best way to deal with ass ravaged xenos who want their sector to be independent? Purging is not available

I've done the capitalships + corvettes thing; what happens is you win fights, your big ships survive, but you have to constantly churn out replacement corvettes.

Also, the AI sucks so bad at fighting that you legitimately don't need any real strategy to fleet composition. If you can kill their starbases and kite their doomstack fleet long enough to land your troops, you win.

Dude, read the games wiki. Who's the real retarded nigger here

I mean a mod that lets me choose between white humans and black humans.

Not simply making humans either completely white or black.

Corvettes class "sitting duck" with maxed thrusters, defensive computer and no weapons?

I dunno, I always purged.
I am also at continuous war with everyone for being a genocidal bastard, but it is worth it because them declaring war on me lets me steal their population, purge it until they have an ideology similar to mine, and use it to conquer worlds I normally could not access.

Not good enough? I'm listening user, don't want to restart again, not picking wormholes was already bad enough.

Are lasers better than mass drivers?

Any tips for not getting literally ass blasted in this game? I tried to play slavery massive but got ganged by a 3 empire alliance, now I'm trying to do Enlightened Kingdom, just so I don't piss everyone else off.

It's disgusting how the AI is apparently spawned expressly to crowd you. I made a huge map with 5 AIs, all spawned around me, leaving 80% of the galaxy empty.

It's that nomad is completely useless. You're better off with sedentary and an extra point for perks.
A good perk is Thrifty so you can support your huge fleet later in the game.

No the future is multicultural and diverse shitlord

Gerrymander the sector. Create useless sectors within it and/or add one or two of that sector's systems to an adjacent sector

It should spread to all civs and all robots, like a virus.

There should be a danger to using robots, because right now they're legitimately better than actual pops at just about everything. Including research, even with their malus simply because you can grow insanely fast with robots colonizing at 100% habitability and building faster than pops procreate, and energy is a global resource, not local like food is.

If I grant independence and make them a vassal will they still provide me energy or am I basically slapped with a 40 yr fuck you timer for reintegration

Would it be too cheeky for me to ask for a Stellaris torrent link?

I can pay handsomely with pics of best fish

You didn't lose the game because you picked nomad, it's just that there are more beneficial things you could've picked. Your population by the game's mechanics will board colony ships regardless of how they feel about it, so it's a dumb trait.

google.com/

Anybody else real frustrated that warscore for engagements isn't calculated on damage done, only for complete victories or complete losses? I swear to god i've destroyed 99% of several doomstacks and it didn't count for shit. And then my warmongering angers the opposite side of the galaxy so any time I was trying to chase down these chucklefucks who exist only to hit the retreat button, another doomstack would fly straight toward my capitol, and they would just take turns doing this shit. And if I leave my own territory they destroy all my fuckin stations. And defensive platforms do jack shit against a doomstack. I know I made the mistake of having wars on either side, but I can't deal with this shit. And on top of this, if you have a vassal, all of their ships are with yours, and the AI just gets to win the war for free by fucking with your vassals stuff instead of the players. God damn.

Commit to being an asshole.
I'm running a game as a fanatic collectivist materialist despotism.

The first thing I did in my game was send some guys to conquer the religious fanatic pacifists next door. I purged 90% of their population and kept only the ones with minor beliefs. In a few population cycles, the religous pacifism was dead and they were all minor collectivists. From this point, I could effectively have double the population density as any competing empire, and had all the growth space previously alloted to the pacifists.
I rapidly grew into the largest empire in the galaxy by using these methods whenever I found a new race to expand my colonizable worlds.

stellariswiki.com/Console_commands

Go wild.

I mean there is the whole revolt thing, but as long as you grant Synths voting rights they should never revolt.

lmao thanks for sieging this for me, retard

>Have a good amount of vassals now
>Start building up my fleet so I can take down one of the bigger empires hanging around
>Their home system is only 3 stars away from my border (playing on hyper lanes)
>Declare war on them and bum rush their planet
>No one there, just bombing it and letting my army go invade
>About 30 war score, not too bad I guess
>By this time all of my vassals have pretty much congregated on my fleet
>Decide to move to the star system over to try and find their fleet
>Immediately warp on top of their fleet of 28k, I'm sitting at 19k
>P A N I C
>Suddenly all my vassals start warping in behind me
>Combined force of 50k destroying the shit out of some 28k fleet
>All in a day's work
>Love the fuck out of my vassals

>triggered because we don't have the OP shitpost

any ausbros want a lag-less game?

So is purging actually worthwhile? I thought the happiness loss would be too much. I don't think I'm experimenting enough with the different options. My issue was changing the policies around in my empire to take away all the bad stuff so the xenos didn't hate me.

Thank you guise, i'll take it out, this game is different from other 4x, also is the science govt good? In most 4x games I prefer going for the technological approach instead of the industrious/massification one

They still need to do damage. Your corvettes aren't just tanking for your artillery, they're tanking for the rest of your corvette swarm as well.

If your population is collectivist or fanatic collectivist, they give NOT A SINGLE SHIT about other people getting purged.

The only people sad about being purged are the new races you are taking into your fold, and other empires. The new races will continue being sad until a new one with collectivism, or at least, neutral attitudes is born. At which point you can purge the rest and let the happy ones reproduce.

The other empires, you will just have to conquer when possible and use embassies to hold off those too powerful for you.

store.steampowered.com/app/281990/
Here.

You're going to be replacing corvettes no matter what, the only way to not lose anything is to have a massively superior force to your opponent. The corvettes are just there so your expensive shit doesn't die, and also maybe as a general task force for killing things like neutrals that don't require your main fleet.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:59B39766CEAFAA6E6C3292E4D6F4FFE08460386E&dn=Stellaris+-+Galaxy+Edition+%5BFitGirl+Repack%5D&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.aletorrenty.pl%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fp4p.arenabg.ch%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.to%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=http%3A%2F%2Ftracker.tfile.me%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Feddie4.nl%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.trackerfix.com%3A80%2Fannounce

>those long ass hyperlanes
oh bby.

brb playing a game where only my homeworld actually has organic pops on it

How do you know when it's safe to remove a Frontier Outpost without losing build-up territory?

Commit double suicide.

thanks homie ;)

Crystal forged plating is really good considering how many weapons bypass shields and armor.

You should go back to /a/ :^)

Also crystal plating is outright HP bonus, and not damage reduction which corvettes don't even have at all.

Would it be better if nomand/sedentary affected the colony ship cost? Plus/minus 50% maybe?

>immigrant lizard immediately starts a seperatist faction
>50 years later he's still the only supporter

I didn't realise, yeah it was Collectivist Fanatic Spiritualist cause I was all about happiness but I guess I shouldn't focus so much on it. So do I just need to ignore xenos if I conquer them then just focus on reproducing my own species instead

>/civ4xg/ is alive again
>it's been overtaken by /gsg/
I am not sure how to feel about this.

m8 if you want happiness you need to go spiritualist fanatic + pacifist to get the happiness government type

important questions:

If i have negative ethics divergence, will slave xenos eventually have my ethics?

Will foreigners have my ethics?

They didn't seem to be changing when I enslaved humans.

>gene manipulate population for desert or arid preference
>they turn black

What is the best starting weapons? Not really enjoying nukes tbqh.

savescum
unless you're on ironman mode

How do the combat mechanics work? Early game I will try to at least get the lvl 2 nuclear missiles and a shield, but I'll lose like half my fleet to the space creatures (the 200 military power mobs)

So, I tried running a Scientific Directorate with Intelligent and Natural Physicist traits.
Always had the policy Encourage Free Thought for 10% faster research, and I focus on researching and exploring only. Fuck me senpai.

I meet suddenly this fag with 4 planets, 100pops, tech vastly superior, and fleet sizes of 1K (I had barely 150). How the fuck?? He didn't even have any traits. How the fuck are you supposed to compete with that?

I think I explicitly said not to ignore xenos, but instead to greedily conquer them, quell their populations, and then use their re-educated peoples to populate worlds you cannot colonize yourself.

They're all sort of shit tbth

Research something better like torpedoes or plasma cannons

That sucks, should be a way to see how removing it changes your territory.

there are some races that are started more advanced than you are, which is adjustable in the settings.

You know how you can find primitives sometimes? It's like that, but not in your favor.

stellariswiki.com/Space_warfare

All weapon and defense types actually have inherent strengths and weaknesses. Torpedoes are for example easy as fuck to shoot down but it's rare for anyone to have the required PD, so they're a good choice because they outright ignore shields.

..which makes sense? I mean thats the reason for dark skin color

Maybe 10-25%. It's a one tick skill.

Did you start with a non-zero advanced start species? That's why.

It's Paradox, AI is going to cheat fampachi

Not enough; you're only making colony ships in the early-mid game anyways, and you can outright ignore it if you just purge xenos and take their planets.

I want to trigger the unbidden, and have been jumpdriving around my 60k power fleet across the galaxy a lot for decades in game now. But they still aren't coming.

I even learned how to upgrade army transports with jump drives which took me a retarded amount of time, paradox really needs to polish some things like that.

>Note that despite the ingame description, Mass Drivers actually have a longer range than laser weapons of the equivalent tier
what
Paradox please

>should be
"should be" and "could be" are accurate reviews of this game. Or "promising"

>tfw one of your custom empires starts next to you as an advanced start AI

Trying to make a race but my game crashes every time I get to pick ship appearance... anyone know why?

Oh yeah, sorry, I woke up not that long ago so I'm still reading like a retard.

Advanced start AI's fampai
If you don't like them set them to 0 in the game setup screen.

Should I colonize bad planets or only good ones?

I've colonized two green ones that were similar to my homeworld so far, and ignored the others

wat

Then Mass Drivers are the best starting tech isn't it? That should give starters a good edge.

you want to colonize all of them, somehow, eventually.

How you do that can vary.
You can incorporate a race that lives there well.
You could send your population there then gene mod them on arrival to work in that environment.
You could build a terraforming station.
You could populate the place with robots.

Yeah, those fag are in the medieval stages and hate me, but I can't even research them because borders can't expands after a certain point without extra colonies or extra frontier outpost, which in turn want influence (I have) and power- not so much.

I've never played a 4x or grand strategy, so all the diplomacy shit is foreign to me. Back when I played civ4, I was always peaceful and just did science and resource trading, and it worked. But it never seamed to be outrageously not in your favor. 1K >> 150 fleet size, tech superiority and triple pop size AND he's a cheeky son of a bird

Fill bad planets with robo pop spam.

why would i want to use missiles rather than torpedoes?

>medieval primitives
Go invade them if you want to conquer them without needing to have a border over them.

>48 colours
>Not 120
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=682090850

Step it up lad :'^)