/lite/ - Roguelite general

Last thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>etg character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

>insert /lite/ flockmod link here

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9w-u7My__Tk
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Post for fish is best animal

>no edition
>etg character ideas
>flockmod

Why do some weapons have cues on charge, and others have no indication beyond shaking long after charge finishes?
I.E Alien Sidearm versus all the bows. Bows start shaking like a full second after finished charge, sidearm do the same but has a noise on full charge.

Would it have killed Vlambo to hire an artist? The game looks like complete ass and as EtG shows, being an indie game is no excuse for this. Shit graphics, no widescreen because muh difficulty, and the fucking main characters don't even turn around when they walk. The flockmod crew could have made something leagues ahead of this.

I thought all charge weapons had that dust ring when fully charged. I may be wrong and even if I'm right its still a shit notification.

Yes, a dust cloud appears when your charge is full; this applies to all chargeable weapons.

any /lite/ playing this? youtu.be/9w-u7My__Tk

tried it out, a lot different than i thought it was going to be initially

i liked it though, shame the multiplayer is only local

>youtubers who read aloud all the dialogue on the screen
we need a second holocaust for this kind of person

>win soldier run
>forget to grab bullet

Oh, for fuck's sake.

>implying that the first holocaust actually happened

>soldier
AMERICA IS NOT A REAL COUNTRY

What's your favorite version of the original Soundtrack?

I like Girlfriend Records

Sorry, I meant Marine.

I haven't listened to that one yet and need to ASAP. I like the one that plays during Melody runs.

pssh

nothin personnel, 6 million jews

Some progress today. Third character with a golden weapon. I'm getting tired of trying to get past 5-3 so I think today is going to be an "unlock crystal b-skin" day.

>euphoria

Is euphoria bad or something? I have no idea what I'm doing. Meanwhile...

>3-2 about to die
>Let's go to the crown area maybe something there will help.
>Crown of destiny, rng +4 hp pls.
>Patience

yes, euphoria is shit
also why are you not using widescreen to piss off the whole general

Anyone had the Nuclear Throne list that had all the sprite ideas which an user was going to make ? Also someone promised to make a Shuckle sprite.

What other mutations are bad?

sharp teeth, last wish, open mind, shotgun shoulders unless you're meme triangle
hammerhead is great until you git gud, then it's shit as well

>Also someone promised to make a Shuckle sprite.
Hi Shuckle.

>imblying I am Shuckle

isn't this your wallet?

>The flockmod crew could have made something leagues ahead of this.
Hell, we fucking tried! Remember the texture pack?

Euphoria is not exactly bad but there are much better mutations. Useful when going for Melting B though, and it does noticeably slow the beams of Throne 2

Mind you all of those have their uses
Sharp teeth: when going as Rebel
Last Wish: going for Chicken, removing a cursed weapon
Open Mind: extra chest spawn per level is actually pretty nice, can get you big red chests faster
Shotgun Shoulders: shotgun projectiles have their damage falloff reset on bounce but I'm biased, shotguns and especially sluggers and flak are my weaponfus
Hammerhead: the bad spawn meme is real, but you should have the means to kill everything at spawn instantly by the time they happen

didn't think this could happen

>sharp teeth
>bad
Sure man, keep telling yourself that. It is amazing post loop for when you have enemies filling the screen to the point where you are bound to get hit, or you want to have some fun with Crown of Blood.

and it exploded and damaged me when I touched it

>tfw I was the one everyone was waiting on and dropped the project for junjin
Rogue's animation didn't match up with my van sprites
My campfires were unfinished and a pretty daunting task
I gave up on the shuckle animation because I had made a six frame animation loop for a four frame character
[/spoiler]The snek is still cute

>get hit by a bandit
>deal the same amount of damage that you would get if you shot the revolver twice
woooow

Sharp teeth is still pretty meh on Rebel.
Open Mind is kind of good, yeah - but it's not great.
The bad meme spawn stops existing when you git gud.

snek lewds when

The RNG lords seem to be doing everything to prevent me from my stated goal of Crystal B. This is something though.

You know how to get it, right?
Pick a cursed crown from the crown vault.
Then pick up a cursed weapon from the cursed chest, it has 1/3 chance to spawn with cursed crown.
It's not that RNG based.

but it is dealing that amount to all enemies on the screen. imagine accidentally getting hit as melting with rhino skin/strong spirit in post loop, while you have brain capacity. 1 right click and mostly everything on the screen dies, and if you have bloodlust, it makes it even better because you can restore health basically for free at that point.

>getting hit as melting
opinion discarded

Yeah consistently something has gone wrong. Spawn very far from the statue in 3-2 making it so I don't have the rads to open the portal and the portal in 3-3 spawning immediately on top of me before I could grab the cursed weapon.

>expecting everyone to never get hit ever throughout the entire run
Opinion discarded

Have fun on loop 4, you must be that good if you never get hit.

Melting is never get hit: the character.
Active fucking destroys bullets and damages enemies even when you don't have a line of sight.
I actually reached loop 4 once, but died at throne 2

>The bad meme spawn stops existing when you git gud.
It doesn't stop existing, it just means you can deal with them without burrowing into a wall.

2+ Dog Guardians near spawn are still annoying, even when you can kill them easily and know that the first thing to do is "run the fuck away and hope to not get orbed in the process".

Also clearing spawn in 5-3 as quickly as possible.

That's why I said it's great until you git gud.

What update? It matters

I specifically said on accident though, and when having rhino skin or strong spirit, or both. Bloodlust also would help. I used melting as an example though. Here is another example, Robot, Crown of guns, rhino skin, sharp teeth, second stomach, maybe with strong spirit? I can't expect a perfect run, but having at least rhino skin and second stomach would work. Whenever you get hit (purposefully or not) you can eat the increased gun drops to heal yourself, along with the bloodlust mutation if you have it. It would make for mass damage pretty quickly, you just have to use the mutation right.

Update 98 or 97, don't remember exactly.
If you're constantly getting hit to actually make sharp teeth useful, you're not playing the game right.
Also, forgot to mention that it's a nice bonus for Anomaly Horror.

Well for the Bow you need to charge it a little before you can fire and you can fire it before it's done charging.

Alien side arm you can just click and shoot.

Farthest I have gotten is Loop 3, and that is when using the sharp teeth tactic I described to clear out the screen of enemies thanks to bloodlust, crown of guns, and second stomach constantly healing me as robot.

I've never got either of the extra life items before, does anyone know what happens when you die with both?

if they make new challenges as fun as blessed runs then it'll shit all over isaac

when you die with gunsoul you drop all of your shit, including clone

if you die while in shitty 1-heart gunsoul mode you will get a game over because the clone item is not currently in your inventory

don't risk it
just drop gun soul
it's awful

drop the gun soul, it overrides clone completely

Judging from last thread, Gun Soul takes priority.

It's BAD, sell gun soul.

Thanks guys, I'd be pissed if I got screwed out of clone.

Maybe next time, gun soul.

If you have gun soul and cigs can you just repeatedly and safely kill yourself in the elevator room?

pretty sure gunsoul is still single-use

but that's probably the best use for it

Already ditched it and moved on, a good idea though. Could possibly do something similar with a pit/trap room next to elevator.

>pretty sure gunsoul is still single-use
it's not unless it has been changed.

>start playing gungeon again
>keep dying on first floor
>lockpick doesn't work at all'
>return to breach
>turns out i have the bullet unlocked
It's time

>just fought the dragun for the first time and killed him
>only took 2 hits
Kind of a pushover Tbh.
I mean i did have a fully loaded stinger with a hip holster so i might not have experienced the "full difficulty"

That part where he goes invuln while doing that sea of bullets shit is pretty bullshit though.

>now i have to start working on the bullet
>forgot ox's arm
looks like i still have a lot of shit to do.

>convict has no eyes
>hunter has no eyes
>bullet's card has no eyes
2SPOOPY

>first time that I beat dragun I abused the fightsabre's reload

felt like a shitter

>swipe a shotgun blast
>one pellet manages to get through
Welp, bullet's a goner

Pretty sure the game is just trolling me at this point. The new thing is to let me grab the crown then refuse to spawn a cursed weapon on 3-3.

He is easy.

>Playing Afterbirth
>Have Ipecac
>Picked up Soy Milk and Rainbow Tears cause curse of the unknown was on

I just fucked myself hard

I actually don't want challenges. I'd rather that time be invested into other additions to the game.

Blessed (and cursed) works because it's its own separate mode that actually makes the game play out differently. Most bad challenges end up playing like the base game with some form of limitation that could easily be imposed by the player.

Finally.

At this point, better go get the crown of curses, beat the Throne with it and start runs with crown of curses.

>picking up items with curse of the unknown
>playing afterbirth
you have no one to blame but yourself

While trying for Crystal B I noticed the police randomly immediately spawn at the start of 3-2. Why is this?

>Picked up Soy Milk and Rainbow Tears cause curse of the unknown was on
Curse of the blind?

>I just fucked myself hard
Yes.

the statue automatically got filled, probably the rad canister spawned inside of the statue because fuck you

>beat the Throne
I just started playing. I can barely get past 5-3. Not being able to pass 5-3 is actually why I was trying to do Crystal B. Figured I'd have fun doing something else. Next up, unlock Chicken.

>playing afterbirth

So here's an idea for an EtG character since we are adding characters from indie games

The highwayman
As he and his team where fighting an ancient evil, the highwayman meet his end mid fight, or that's what he thought, instead he got sent to the future, to a different dungeon filled with guns, after figuring out what's going on, he decided to go after the gun that can kill the past, to save his partners from the hearth of the world, or maybe he just wants to get paid

Guns
Flintstock pistol
Like the dueling pistol, but with smaller projectiles, no bouncing and more damage

Passives
Bandit's sense
Inmunity to movement traps, may stun enemies at the begining of a room

Blood gold (Unlock)
Every enemy drops money, money on the floor is doubled at the end of a room

Tracking ammo (Unlock)
Hiting an enemy marks them (can mark up to 3 enemies), marked enemies recieve more damage

Actives
Gun cleaning kit
Can be used a single time to permanently upgrade your active weapon's stats

I wish Gungeon had actual mod support. Bullets dying from one shot would be really nice. Pits having a different color would be nice.

I don't play afterbirth, though - I prefer my steak finished and well done.

>pastebin.com/Up96YEYk
>only two /etg/ character ideas
rude

Someone was saying the other day that the fact it was made in Unity means it is moddable. It's just a matter of finding someone that knows Unity.

Why would it be modable because its unity? Scrips has to be compiled somehow, and integrated somehow.
Unless there is added some way of doing it, you literally have to replace .exe and shitloads of files to mod, and thats shit modding.

I have never encounter a room with an icon like this what does it mean?

>The Nerd
"He's gonna take himself to the past"

>Starting gun
Strong Mitt
"It's not good"
Fires out fists, higher then average knockback
>Passives
Very Important Nerd
"On the web, at least"
Shopkeeper will always have weapons to sell on top of his regular stock
>Active
Profanity Professional
"Rude Dude"
Upon use, enemies are knocked back and will continue to back away from the Nerd until the meter goes down

Fuck if I know, I don't know anything about it. They said they were working on a mod right now though.

It's part of a quest that may start off a little bugged on the forge. It still works though. It involves getting Ox's replacement arm and sending it to the previous chamber with a balloon. The unlock you get is god tier.

that's actually breddy gud, expect for the starting gun
would play/10

OK, here's one.
>Name: Fairy
>Starting weapon: Silvergun
>Has 300 silver bullets. Power comparable to other handguns you can find in gungeon.
>When out of ammo, it shoots normal bullets with less power and bullet speed.
>Starting passive: Graze force
>Rolling through enemy bullets fills up a charge. When full, fire a mini blank.
>Bullets required to roll through for full charge increase with each completed chamber.
>Slight blank range and knockback up

I-i guess mine didn't matter

Gungeon expansion when

Y-yeah, mine that was posted a few threads ago doesn't either.

So put it in~ the pastebin already senpai.

>can usually master chamber 2 and 3 bosses now
>but never fucking chamber 1 bosses

I don't even know how this happened.

Wew another gold weapon stored. Still haven't managed to get to 5-1 with last wish though.

>think mimic dropped nothing
>10 seconds lated
>thanks for the dog, punk

>shilling your own character ideas
If they were good enough to talk about people would do it on their own.

It happens to me too, maybe it's that you usually only have your boring, tedious starting pistol.

That's not how it works, user. Only the person who owns the pastebin can edit it, and that person is me.

Anyway, I updated said pastebin (pastebin.com/Up96YEYk) with Y.V. and old-not!Reimu, alongside these ideas as well:
Another thing, should I make a pastebin for guns/item ideas?

Keep them all in one pastebin.
Also, here's one that I posted once but I don't want to look for it:

>Plague Doctor
>Starting Gun
Poisoned Revolver
5 damage, very slow fire rate, medium reload, 6 bullets in the clip and poisons enemies/leaves poison creep
>Passive
Toxic Community
Both you and enemies take double the damage from poison
>Active
Venom Vial
Turns every liquid in the room into poison
>The past
Plague Doctor tried to cure some dude but accidentally injected him with something and he turned into a hulk or someshit.

you can cheese the fuck out of golden weapons if you have two controllers, you can also administer them much better that way, it's what I did to unlock the golden wrench on almost every character.