/hbg/ - Homebrew General

Previous thread →
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade • Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 released. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. The exploits have been patched, DON'T UPDATE IF YOU PLAN TO DOWNGRADE.

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#!BM9RwCab!HnQlybWUAQe2_OxClT8qTiSdR5R1hagIJHwmaKXCXlE
discord.gg/0u8foVrgx6ySbpy1
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/129468313/#q129472656
gbatemp.net/threads/theory-limited-sysnand-restore-count-on-n3ds.426407/#post-6344136
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory#Memory_wear
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

POST VIDEO GAMES

goddamn but I like anime

send help

wtf is this op image.

There is no help.

>too confused to start with the armhax thing since I've already installed Emunand long ago

Should I just do it? Would it really make your 3DS forever immune to updates? Is it worth the trouble?

part 4

What video games is everyone playing?

okay

Golden Sun + Golden Sun: The Lost Age (password: Weyard)
mega.co.nz/#!BM9RwCab!HnQlybWUAQe2_OxClT8qTiSdR5R1hagIJHwmaKXCXlE

you already have rxtools and 10.x emunand?
skip to part 4?

Yeah.

I read you need to use save managers and all that shit but I thought your saves will be fine since you'll just copy everything back to your SD card after you format it.

No problem.

>(embed)
Stop being a lazy cunt.

just completely follow the guide of part 4. so you will be safe.

If I'm not mistaken, these are for 3DS. I'm looking the games for the WiiU.

Anyone able to help?

Is 10.7 your sys firmware?

Yeah, im trying to start up the whole process that will eventually lead to downgrading and shit.

>get animal crossing n3ds
>both faceplates are uggo dogshit so I decide to order faceplates off ebay
>"I just want some nice, solid blue faceplates"
>blue faceplates ran me 50 fucking dollars

Did you follow phailec's guide or w/e

How do I install to NAND with FBI 2.2?

I'm following the instructions for OoTHax to get into the Homebrew Launcher for the first time.

help is coming

If I have the game files from my old emunand on a SD card that goes into another 3DS emunand, I need to re-install the games. Will this overwrite the files or will it use double the storage?

Not sure, join #3dshacks on rizon or discord.gg/0u8foVrgx6ySbpy1
Someone can def help.

Alright, thank you anyway user.

if you do it properly, your saves and games will still be there, i didn't lose anything when i upgraded from emunand. you should back them up anyway, just in case. as for your original question, i'd say it's worth the trouble, it takes a few hours but you get faster boot times and you will be immune to updates

Yo, does anyone have a Smash 4 link?

Where do you niggers get your friend codes for 3DS? I have pretty much every major 3DS game now and no one to pray with.

Meme games when?

Can't pray enough.

sorry im incopetent. but i dont really get it
>Copy and merge the 3DS folder from the FBI zip to the root of your SD card

just paste it there nigga

>Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings if it is not already

holy shit. imma go to rxtools 11.0 now mr fucc

I got some sick triforce faceplates for $12, where did you buy yours?

just off ebay. They were official faceplates though, I don't think 3rd party faceplates really took off at that point yet

Dude, don't use rxTools or you'll cuck yourself. That clearly says RedNAND, rxTools uses emuNAND.

but mr. fucc it says
>If you have an existing EmuNAND, you can follow this part without switching to RedNAND by following all RedNAND steps as if they said EmuNAND.

Is it safe to link a NNID on a N3DS after hacking and installing cias?
What's the worse that could happen I guess.

Thanks user, but I have a question. I already have the normal Sapphire installed, can I just replace it with this cia? Or will that wipe my data?

Ah, alright then my man. Go for it.

i don't think it will, but back up your data with SaveDataFiler or jk's save manager before you do it

Will do, thanks again!

no problem, also
>yfw i'm actually a different user chipping in

So at the end of using the guide, my N3DS now just boots into the Safe A9LH installer. What the fuck.

The hell is meme sapphire?

romhack of the original game that ramps up the "difficulty" of the game

there's an alternate texture hack that makes all the female characters nude, but i can't remember what it was called. someone eventually made it and spammed it on here though

Lol, found it: boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/129468313/#q129472656

Damn, that was back in February. I need to find a new hobby already.

Tfw mega links were reposted yesterday

yes. have a good day mr.fucc

What are the chances of the new pokemon game leaking before release.

5% chance

I miss 10.4 user...

>that thread with the user that bricked updating from 9.0 to 9.2
Why did you have to do this to me. You made me sad.

At least we got 11.0 to keep out the latefags.

It's always the Europoors that leak Pokemon games early (See: X and Y), and the release date in Europe was delayed by 5 days just as it was with ORAS (which didn't leak early either), so no chance.

This happens every time I start my N3DS after finishing the guide. It happens immediately, with no opportunity to boot into anything else. Any ideas?

Did anyone managed to combine the 2 modded cias into 1?

>Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS, press Start and right at the same time to reboot, then boot your 3DS into RedNAND using any CFW

>press Start and right at the same time to reboot

what does this mean?

switch the arm9loaderhax.bin payload

You overwrote your arm9loaderhax.bin with the one from the SafeA9LHInstaller package. To fix, overwrite that with the one from the Luma3DS zip.

>>press Start and right at the same time to reboot
What did she mean by this?

Hopefully a kind american user dumps the game for us europoors I'm going to buy the physical version anyway

Alright, thought it was about time for me to fuck something up. I'll go ahead and try to remedy it. Thanks for the help.

like clockwork

And it worked perfectly.

>tfw im always shaking everytime i backup nands

My Aireplay-ng gets stuck on sending 93 packages everytime exactly, not triggering the hax. what's wrong?

there is a difference between copying/reading your nand and writing to it

reading is not dangerous at all. writing is only dangerous if you don't have a9lh installed or are writing to sysnand when you primarily use emunand without a9lh

You dumb bastard, I keep telling this general that you can get white, black, red, and blue bootleg faceplates for $3 off ebay. Shit, even if you went official, you could import the red and blue plates for less than $20, how did you get the sod for $50?!

what are the pros of a9lh again? where's that image

fuck, forgot to remove trip

(also in case it wasn't clear, playing around with emunand is completely safe: it was made for the sole reason that you can restore it easily because it lives on the sd card. however, with a9lh being a thing, it's a bit outdated now)

Nigga I looked around. Bootlegs weren't a thing yet and blue faceplates didn't exist anywhere except on ebay for me

literally right after i posted anyway here's the pic. lemme shill it to you

When was this? I got my plates like in March. Was this right when the bundle came out?

How does it improve load times and battery life?

I'm on part 5 Section V - Removing RedNAND from your SD. Step 5 says to "Hold Y on boot to launch EmuNAND9" but when I hold Y on boot I still just go to the home menu. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

I ordered it when it was announced,
though I should mention I live in canada so 50 canucks should be like 30usd or something

100% boot rate and no fucking with menuhax. Cuts bootrate to 8-9 seconds compared to 20_ assuming menuhax works. Also less SD and nand fuckery, meaning it uses less power.

I assume your using luma. Is the emunand9 payload in your luma/payloads folder and named correctly?

Oh shit I forgot your money is back to being Monopoly :( My apologies.

compared to the old "menuhax" method, this one hacks the system the moment it powers on. menuhax relies on a full system boot (about 8 seconds) before the home menu loads to trigger the ~75-80% consistent hax. Then, it has to take another 8 seconds to load up emunand. If you have autoboot with a timer, you also have to take into account for that, and the faster you make it, the more likely it is to crash for some reason.

battery, i'm not so sure: that image might even be wrong unless someone can explain why, but the ability to unbrick sysnand eradicates any need to use emunand, saving you about 1-2GB of space depending on your 3DS model. 100% consistent boot rate btw

takes about 3-5 hours to set up, but most of that is waiting for nands to back up/write. the single guide everyone links is very consistent unlike the many different guides/cfws available back when 10.3 downgrading was a thing

>(Your backups should match one of the sizes on this page; if they do not, you should delete them and make new ones!)

HOLY FUCK WHAT

I'm not sure about battery, but load times are improved since it doesn't have to go through sysNAND to get to your emuNAND. Since CFW is loaded directly into your sysNAND, everything is the same as it ever was.

no, that's correct. remember a kb is 1024 bytes.

right-click on them to verify those aren't just estimated filesizes

also take into consideration that that could be outdated because you're probably using RedNand, which is more optimized than EmuNand in terms of performance/space

chances are if you have the EXACT SAME FILESIZE for both dumps, they're good

I have the same thing but don't worry and look at the exact size (by holding your cursor on the file or bo opening the property of the file). The exact size is not the size that you see on your pic.

right click and look at the properties

kb aren't bytes

> but the ability to unbrick sysnand eradicates any need to use emunand,
Until you kill your NAND's sectors after reflashing for the hundredth time over and brick your entire console.
SD cards and emuNANDs are replaceable, NAND chips aren't.

alright thanks. almost had a heart attack

>Until you kill your NAND's sectors after reflashing for the hundredth time over and brick your entire console.
that is a myth. see here for explanation: gbatemp.net/threads/theory-limited-sysnand-restore-count-on-n3ds.426407/#post-6344136

If you do everything right, you won't need to reflash your NAND hundreds of times.

You're forgetting to factor in that even once you make it to the homebrew menu there's a reasonable chance that your CFW just won't load for whatever reason, further reducing reliability.
You really shouldn't be modifying your sysNAND that often even with this methid, plus what said.

Also it says there in the guide that occasionally they NAND dumps can be larger, and that the only problem is when the dumps are under the physical NAND size.

That thread is discussing the possibility of NAND having efuses, which it doesn't.
What I'm talking about is this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory#Memory_wear
Under normal circumstances it'll be slow, but keep reflashing every time you fuck up and you'll kill your NAND in no time.

So much for Sun & Moon having a leak chance. What about Corpse Party?

yeah there's no issue if it's larger, that can just happen sometimes.

If it's smaller then the nand backup is incomplete and no good

People have different NAND chips sometimes, and that's okay: You have two dumps of your NAND to refer to filesize and they match each other. You'll be fine, as long as all your other dumps from now on match that exact filesize. (Remember to check the size in bytes, and not estimated kilobytes)

you could say the same thing about sd cards, but even with all this pirating i highly doubt anyone's gonna ever reach that write limit, especially not with NANDs

as for the dangers of flashing to it, D9 has an option to "write to nand (keep a9lh)" to make absolutely sure it never tries to write to the a9lh firm sectors when flashing