/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Stop killing yourselves

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It's a sandbox MMORPG that features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, trading, player housing, and more.
Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/gXs1p6YX

>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes
blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kakaocorp.com/en/ir/earnings
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for tier 7s

last thread died @300 replies

second for ded thred

second for stop letting threads die

wew lads

Nobody posts here cause you can get all your banter/shitpost/memes/info/guilds/whatever from the bdog discord. It literally killed the thread.

Post amity combinations
tell others how to improve them

I want to sniff somebody's butt... Please post butt webms!

And one for Ronatz

this, there was no point for it in the first place

blame that Eppu faggot

>tfw he joined your discord seemingly solely to shitpost

goddamn, wish I started farming sausans sooner

from 52 to 53 in about 2.5 hours

>there are people in this thread who consider open end grinding to be a bad thing

grind, in and of itself, is not a bad thing

where it turns into a bad thing is layered RNG consistently fucking people over without anything they can do about it, even when they put in two or three times as much time and effort as others

>there are people in this thread who consider Daum to be anything but stunningly incompetent

I dont see how anyone could not. The amount of money they must be making off of selling tears and shit is off the fucking cahrts.

>thread is /kfg/ levels of dead
this sucks

>Expecting competence from a Mobile Gaming company

I like to think this is because people mainly play, but I do hope it's not actually kf2 levels of dead.

>Daum
>Mobile Gaming
You're thinking about Pearl Abyss friend

I can't believe this. I spend 30 bucks and sacrifice my entire weekends to play a fishing minigame. Unbelievable. There's something wrong with me. Fishing is all I'm doing.

Pearl Abyss is the developer of Black Desert meanwhile Daum and Kakao mostly publish mobile games. You can pretty much see mobile gaming influences in BDO all over the place if you look for them.

Daum and Daum EU aren't the same thing

people are keep talking about how daum never communicates with us.
but they have no idea how we had to BEG tripwire just so we could have a fucking weekly update
and lets not talk about them taking multiple months to deliver content
at least daum gives us something every week

From what I have seen from Daum EU is that they are worse in basically everything. I'm not talking here about Pay2Win Aspects but the influence from the mother company are apparent.

Hey, at least it looks pretty.

Oh look, another forum whiner!

>browsing the forums
I bet you actually do you projecting faggot.

At least I'm not whining about a publisher but still playing their game. :)

>I'm a shabbos goy and shill for free a terrible company

>I'm pathetic and can't move on

I mean, if you think the company is that bad....why you still here senpai? :)

To shitpost and keep this general alive.

>Threads dying on weekends on not even 300 posts
>1h and new thread is not even 35 posts in

People are quitting the game by the droves already because nothing is happening on Daum EU's side for content people actually want (Node and Sieges)

Nigga I wouldn't even care about nodes & sieges, first fix your fucking servers that have been broken for 3 months now since release aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah you incompetent fucks

Hey I got one of those lewd outfits, but I don't like how the underwear looks under it...

If I get undies from the pearl shop, will it replace the default underwear outside of my house?

Yeah

You can hide em

Holy fuck I just found an ancient recil crystal shard from fishing. Is the listed price really what it's worth?

yes
once you get 5 and turn it into a scroll it gives certain loot that everyone wants

Where's your proof that people are quitting? Your friends? Your guildies? Because for every person YOU know that is quitting I know 2 people joining the game (Since we're pulling numbers out of our arse)

And here's a weird thought...maybe the general is dead...because.......people are playing the game? Have you considered that? This isn't Tera where once you've done your dungeon runs you spend 14 hours AFK shitposting in the general.

Sounds more like you're bad at the game and mad because it's popular. Pathetic man, real pathetic; you should move on. :)

aight, I hate having to do this, but does anyone need to do some boss scrolls?

need a 5th on Orwen, Calph 02

/w Rustler

Why do you hate to do this?

This thing was worth every penny.
I didn't expect this game to have a single good sound track.

because I don't like interacting with strangers

better message me in the next mionute or two, we're gonna start

Sorry for the fraps

>Still no Sharpshooter, Riot Shield class, or Martial Artist
>Versus continues to be an unbalanced piece of shit for two updates
>Early Access now for over a year
>"But we have hats and skins! xD"

The reason why people are quitting is that the game is LITERALLY a 1/10 right now for one reason: the servers are absolute dogshit and daum is so incapable of fixing it themselves (RU & KR never ever had problems themselves) that they literally flew chinks over to check the servers for them in hopes of fixing them

also people are tired of waiting for the actual pvp content in a pvp game

Is there a relevant Veeky Forums guild that isn't baka?

>1/10
>clearly a 2/10 because waifus

>baka
>Veeky Forums

half the people who post here are baka I'm pretty sure so: ?

i'm level 53 and grinded for an hour with a 50% scroll and milk tea popped and only got 23% exp
am i doing something wrong or is it supposed to be this slow, even with these buffs and the exp weekend?
grinding at frenzied skeletons btw
not grinding at sausan because i want to gain exp not lose it

nah waifuposting is just a meme, people are just spamming it to keep the thread alive

people dont actually have waifus

just hit lvl 35, and starting to see posts like worries me.

is it worth it to keep on trucking and hope for a better future or is all lost?

Game isnt even bad, it just lacks the big and important thing right now: Node wars

If youre new the amount of shit to do is off the fucking charts. The only people who are whining are the ones who hit a wall bricking DUO Marks etc.

It's literally the spam autist posting over and over, if it was as bad as he claims...then why is he still here?

cool, thanks

>I literally just blew 100m in Armor Blackstones to get to 30 fail stacks ONCE
Completely fucking retarded

That and, you know, the classes are fucked and completely, totally, and utterly unbalanced.

Warrior, berserker and ESPECIALLY musa need huge buffs, sorcerer and ranger need nerfs badly.

>WAAAAH I HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO GET GEAR!!

Does the cute blonde ranger on the Orwen server still post here?

nah, the warrior/zerk/musa/maehwa just need their awakening weapons and hte servers need unfucked to balance things out

rangers and sorcs are fine if the servers aren;'t shitting themselves

Will the grind ever end?

seeing as how there is no hard cap: no
unless you choose not to.

Well, this game died quicker than i thought it would

Ranger or sorcereress player detected.

Musa and maehwe both have a severe bug in which their DP and AP are essentially zero. You can have 160 DP on musa and get 1 shot by helm mobs, and barely tickle enemy players at lvl 50.

the ap/dp bug was (mostly) fixed already

nice try though, I main berserker - come at me bro

>Musa and maehwe both have a severe bug in which their DP and AP are essentially zero. You can have 160 DP on musa and get 1 shot by helm mobs, and barely tickle enemy players at lvl 50.

That's the thing that is surrounding all this complaining about the new AP/DP buff. People just refuse to believe that others can be bugged and are taking 2-3 shots from Helm Hunters and dying; I'm just thankful it's not my experience with Maehwa because I'd have to deal with the inevitable retarded replies of "gitgud," "you're bullshitting," and "don't farm there until all your shit is +15 moron"

No waifu posting kills the thread.

Newfag. How do I into Sorc?

What moves should I learn first?
Any pointers on playing her better than mindless keymashing?

>100,000 active players
>dead

aight

never stop moving unless your target is stunned or on the ground

dance around them, anticipate where they predict you're going to move next and move anywhere else

do not take black wave, it;'s shit at higher level pve and you need to memorize the movement range that dark flame sends you

take shard explosion, max shards and spirit absorption asap

take the dp selfbuff and always use it

take a rank in each of the selfbuff skills and spam them

learn the animation cancels and instacast combos

stack all the ap, always

Don't take black wave? All the guides I'm reading say its essential.

Daum essentially put a barbie bandaid over the gaping chest wound of AP/DP problems. They are still entirely fucked, just slightly less fucked than before.

PvP guilds are dying left, right and center
Lots of people were fucked over by plum/blader
and we still have no sieges just an endless grind

Thats not the problem. Its that my armor pieces went to 15+ in like 15 stones for like 600 stones and I wasnt even able to brick my Marks.

>100,000 active player
That's literally nothing.

It's quite literally 100000.

that's 1/5 of preorder if the 500k number were not lies

Pre-orders were 400,000 and this is active players who log in every single day. The playerbase is a lot higher as the 100,000 is merely the concurrent playerbase

That's odd, because if we go off Steam numbers it would be the 3rd most played game in the world. It's not as much as WoW, but WoW has also been out for 10 years. It's still a lot more than Tera, Vindictus, FF14, ESO or most MMOs

Still not dead, 100,000 active players logging in every day is not dead friend

>active players who log in every single day.
Those numbers were for the first month. We're into the 3rd month now.

According to a recent media conference held by Daum Games and Pearl Abyss, Black Desert Online is on track to become one of Korea’s top online games in North America and Europe with over 400,000 users buying the game in the first month of launch. It was also revealed for the first month, daily active users averaged at 120,000, with concurrent users at 100,000, on par with NCsoft’s Blade & Soul.

I just realized that kakaocorp released their earning report for Q1 2016 yesterday

kakaocorp.com/en/ir/earnings

ncosft did too

I have a lot of fun playing this game.

How dare you.

Did Sardine die? They've not posted anything here all day.

Aion is still a thing?

>play with my US guild during the day
>play with my EU guild during the night
is there anything better than this?

in korea

Sleeping comes to mind.

Pretty sure it's midnight in Europe right now.

pretty sure it's like 4-6am

Do you play BDO at 4-6am?

yeah

Me too but don't bully the casual yuros

I'M STILL HERE
REAL NIGGA HOURS WHO THA FUCCC UP? SMASH DAT FUCKN LIKE

Sardine is busy playing the game like the rest of the thread.

yep